.::11 April 2007 - Olaf's Quest Slippery Bridge::.

Latinoking

I agree with you entirely SirHartlar, however they also backed down when there was the complaint about World Switchers being banned. JagEx shouldn't aim to please lower players all the time, people should accept that they may have to train to do a quest :ohnoes:(Yes, scary training...) and they can't just do them as soon as they come out.

-Blood Angel

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The way I see it, they aren't even caving in to whiners.

For such an easy quest, you shouldn't have a 1/100 success rate. I mean, the agility traps in Desert Treasure and Underground Pass have higher success rates than that.

The difficulty did not fit the reward, so they changed it. Big Whoop. I made it just fine yesterday, and could care less.

I was stating my opinion, agility is such an easy skill to train but by the sound of the whining a lot of people disregard it. I like the fact Jagex puts in messages that hint that people with higher agility will have an easier time doing the quest. I personally believe Jagex didn't want to change the quest, but that is just my opinion. I am just worried, that is all.

The way I see it, they aren't even caving in to whiners.

For such an easy quest, you shouldn't have a 1/100 success rate. I mean, the agility traps in Desert Treasure and Underground Pass have higher success rates than that.

The difficulty did not fit the reward, so they changed it. Big Whoop. I made it just fine yesterday, and could care less.

I was stating my opinion, agility is such an easy skill to train but by the sound of the whining a lot of people disregard it. I like the fact Jagex puts in messages that hint that people with higher agility will have an easier time doing the quest. I personally believe Jagex didn't want to change the quest, but that is just my opinion. I am just worried, that is all.

i only neded 30+ trys... on 59 agility

runeminermb1.gif

^^ click my sig for my lesser ranging guide ^^

jwrm22: 4816th > 99 cooking 100% f2p !1172 total! + 140mil in items.

i dont play anymore... i think rs is ruined

I don't half feel sorry for Jagex...

They get a ton of abuse from players whining the quest is too hard because their agility is too low. Jagex does a decent thing: apologises about making a 'mistake' (although I believe they might have felt pressured into it) and then makes the quest a little bit easier for everyone.

Then what do they get? A forum full of sarcastic suggestions which completely humiliates them. Jagex can't win. :(

Jagex will always fold to whiners :shame:

I really don't understand how that emoticon is appropriate but anyway I'll ignore it and carry on.

Isn't that a bit sad? Jagex should have complete control over their game. If I recall correctly this is the first time they have actually caved in to people whinging, I hope it doesn't happen again. Making a quest a bit easier for lower levels is one thing but if Jagex don't have a backbone the game could go bottoms up.

Imagine what the core of a game essentially controlled by a 12 year old could become. I don't won't to think about the uzi wielding Barbarians. I DON'T WANNA! :uhh:

The icon is shame which is shame because they can do whatever since "our" Runescape Accounts is their's yet they fold because "their" accounts are controlled by people who whine about a little bit of agility

They could have just say it simple: Get your agility ups for this quests if your not 70+

People on the RSOF whine about not having high leveled / hard quests, Jagex releases ONE simple quest with just ONE hard part and what do you get?

WHINERS.

The people who whined about not having high leveled / hard quests are now whining because this part is too hard. What's next, 'pls nrf' Imp Catcher fr us?1!?/'

[hide=A Topic of Imp Catcher on RSOF]IMPCATCHER.png[/hide]

Yeah dude, I know, I was using this as an example. :P

<3 the sarcasm threads

billytalenthg0.jpg

Billy Talent ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâë3

What they did was right, the quest ,in all its essence, was a noob quest. It would be like cooks assistent requiring 60 cooking, it wasnt fitting for the quests intended difficulty. You dont even get agility xp from it, its not supposed to be a agility intense quest! I think it was a slip of the mind mistake they made in the programming process, and they fixed it.

I finished the quest the yesterday, when it was broken, and i found that the bridge dominated the quest, turning "olafs quest" into "slippery bridge quest", not what it was intended to be.

(P.S: Does anyone else find people whining about whiners sort of... hypocratic?)

vilnn2.png

Some people are like slinkies, normally they are dull, but they always give you a smile

when you push them down a flight of stairs.

I had no problems with the bridge at all....I only fell once getting accross to the treasure chest, then fell off when I was on my way out. I don't have high agility either. Had the quest done in about 45minutes of it coming out.

Your lucky then, my friend tried over 30 times then gave up, he'll be happy to know its fixed now. I'm personally not much of a quester :-w

Currently not active on RuneScape.

dazzuhsiggyfinal.png

(P.S: Does anyone else find people whining about whiners sort of... hypocratic?)

What else are we supposed to do? I can't sit back and watch people mindlessly complain about Jagex's hard work, from now I am stating my opinion. I have let things past me without saying anything for too long.

To all those saying "the whiners won," my friend was doing the quest yesterday with 55 agility at my house. Breezed through it until the bridge, where he was stuck on for almost an hour until he finally got through. 1 Hour for getting over a bridge in a quest is a bit...much...

Dagannoth Slayer

signaturegm1.png

Both sides have problems; so I guess it was needed :-k

But there is always going to be people who complain why is it so hard? and people who complain why is it so easy?

All in all; Jagex will never win

But there is always going to be people who complain why is it so hard? and people who complain why is it so easy?

Which is what I said to begin with. :lol:

Jagex can't win. :(

Which is what I said to begin with. :lol:

Jagex can't win. :(

I wanted to express it in my typing

Yeah I had troubles with the bridge yesterday. I fell way too many times to count but I kept going back, I wanted that QP Cape back. It made it quite interesting. About them "nerfing" the bridge, whats wrong with "learning" how to do it right and not failing as much the next time. We learn from our mistakes and this is a way that they applied it.

A reflection is just a distorted reality held by glass and your mind.

optimizedbrokenmirrorpn.jpg

The problem was that they didn't take into account sequential odds. It's a common mistake.

Think about it this way. I have level 67 agility. Perhaps that means I have a 67% chance of making it across each step. For any given step, that's not a big deal. However, as Jagex noted, there were 12 steps. Given that, the odds of me making it across ALL 12 steps was: .67^12 (i.e., .67 * .67 * .67 * .67 * .67 * .67 * .67 * .67 * .67 * .67 * .67 * .67). That would mean that I have a less than 1 / 100 chance of completing the bridge in its entirety.

Now imagine that the actual success level was much higher: 85% chance of success. That would still mean it would take me, on average, 7 times to cross the bridge. With a success level set that high, if they didn't take into account sequential odds, they would have assumed everyone would get through very quickly. Obviously, that's just not true.

you're right. the probability of making it across was so before the fixed it. i think it took me 25 tries to get across to the boss! i think that chance of falling was over 1 in two because i would usually make it to the gate then fall after or just before the gate. so you prob have around 65-70 chance of not falling each step.

i think jagex just should have left the bridge the same and make the walk way shorter

the walk was the worst part really...

Exactly, low levels complain about it beeing too hard. High levels complain about it being too easy and jagex favoring lower lvls and ignoring the "veterans" (which I am btw (and the whole veteran thing makes no sense :-k )). All levels saying they want more and better quest updates. Yet those same players are saying the rewards are pathetic and the quests seemed "rushed" :-k :-w .

TETsig.jpeg

YOU! ATTEND TET EVENTS! CLICK HERE!

The problem was that they didn't take into account sequential odds. It's a common mistake.

Think about it this way. I have level 67 agility. Perhaps that means I have a 67% chance of making it across each step. For any given step, that's not a big deal. However, as Jagex noted, there were 12 steps. Given that, the odds of me making it across ALL 12 steps was: .67^12 (i.e., .67 * .67 * .67 * .67 * .67 * .67 * .67 * .67 * .67 * .67 * .67 * .67). That would mean that I have a less than 1 / 100 chance of completing the bridge in its entirety.

Now imagine that the actual success level was much higher: 85% chance of success. That would still mean it would take me, on average, 7 times to cross the bridge. With a success level set that high, if they didn't take into account sequential odds, they would have assumed everyone would get through very quickly. Obviously, that's just not true.

Exactly my thoguhts and I am glad Jagex owned up, and you made it sound nice and difficult (and accurate) for me. It took me 24 failures before I suceeded on number 25.

wdfawasdfalokistrikesif2.png

Thanks to Fally|Thor for the sig :Wub:

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

3636 to 99 fletching on Katakid1 date unknown

#13,300 to 99 range on April 2nd, 2008

#14,323 to 99 mage on May 18th, 2008

99/99 mage

99/99 range

94/90 hp

75/88 str

I fell 61 times before they updated it. I was just gonna get my Agility up - but meh they fixed it for me :P

Joined Runescape: 23/01/02 |||. Retired from Runescape: 07/07/2007

[hide=Quotes]

Elfs creating a crystal Axe would be like GreenPeace creating a Nuclear Powered Harpoon for killing seals...

"Level 1 sailing: ability to build a failboat.'
[/hide]

half_banner.gif

Drops: Ahrims Hood, Guthans set FULL (minus legs), dragon half shield, dragon legs/skirt