Tip.It Times Presents: The Price is Right! Or is it?

Kiara_Kat

Very true, very true. I worked very hard for my fishing level to reach the ability to fish sharks, and now autoers are making more than me for just some dollars. It's dumb.

D - don't autoers have a life?

U - Ugly, the color of every autoer's shirt and pants

M - Mad at all the lvl 5s fishing sharks that have chinese names

B - Bad people use bad system, therefore changing Runescape into a bad economy

I'm glad the editor clearly spoke this message in the article. =D>

Congrats on doing a fast summary. I think you nailed it almost perfectly. :)

BTW, not all chinese/japanese/korean are autoing scum. I may not be chinese/japanese/korean, but I am certain there are some good ones in the mix. :wink:

~Mr. Devnull

Let's not be racist and select one area only. I think autoers are a world wide problem!

I see what the editor means by the decrease of prices caused by the skill cape hunters and autoers. (I don't actually know the price of raw shark I haven't been a member for quite a while so this is just an example) say raw sharks cost 300gp, now suddenly the skill cape hunters come along and there is a big demand for raw shark people put prices up and things slow down but then 1 person realises he could get the whole market if he lowered his prices. So say everyone has increased their price to 350 while this one person decreases his price to 250 everyone buys from him he makes lots of money. Now of course other people want to make money and everyone starts lowering their prices until the cost reaches 200.Then this causes a domino effect and the cookers buy cheaper and they sell cheaper to get a quick buck. I have never had a lot of money so I like to be self sufficient and get my skills up and make all the stuff myself. The thing is though is that if the autoers stopped then the skill cape rush would come to a standstill and the prices would rise again but this looks unlikely to happen. So the auoters produce the raw materials cheaply and then then the skill cape hunters produce the final product but this means they have to keep buying. Its people like me how sometimes have to hold up the system. As we level up all our skills (which takes longer) we make make money because we don't but raw materials and in the end when it isn't worth selling raw materials because you make little money and everything comes to a standstill we are there to buy things at a higher price (because we have more money) and get things going again.

So you say that we acctually should be HAPPY that Autoers sells to the skillcapers cheaply? Excuse me were much comrade, but eventually I'm one of those who are not being a computer doing the rough work, everytime I stand in fishing guild and fishes lobsters I have to see over 50 "level 3"s who do nothing but fishing. This is very annoying as you can not sell the fishes for the price they costs anylonger. You are an allmost balanced player but people like me, I have 78 fishing and 76 cooking, my second highest skills is mining (60) and smithing (60). If I have to quit every single skills with out autoers I would have to become a quest doer in order to earn my daily turn.

I fishes lobsters and just 6 months ago they could be sold for 250 each, once I managed to sell 200 cooked swordies for 100.000 or 400 each. Now if I wants to sell 200 cooked swordies I have to sell at 250 if I wants to get rid of them but people still don't buy because someone can supply more or they want cooking skill cape. So my only alternative is to sell to my friends, but either they can catch lobsters aswell or they only want monkey fish. So If I wants to get rid of my lobsters I would have to sell to a price not fair for me! Fishing is dangerous as well and I have chance to die fishing. Somepeople wear their best armour and if they die they need to get the money to buy replacement. But if they can only sell their lobsters for 100 each they would have to catch 80.000 lobsters to be able to afford rune plate from shop. While autoers they don't care about the game they sell the RuneScape cash for real life cash because they are too lazy to get a good education and job.

460wk.jpg

In Soviet Russia, Veltia's signature stares at YOU!!

The Gielinor Tribune|Blog|The Twax Story

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not saying we should be happy (how could you even think that I meant that) I am trying to explain this deflation problem, of course we shouldn't be happy we could be put out of bussiness by robots!! (could this be what the future holds)

whatcolor_iswhite.jpg

I'm not sure all autoers are of Chinese/Japanese/Korean whatever race. I think when it comes time for their maker to choose a name they'll just choose some word out of the Chinese language.

iHogi.png

for the shark problem maybe everyone who fishes shark should sell it for 1k ea, i would buy, but i fish lobs.

I haven't noticed anything about the mage market since you are probly going to use willows or yews to skill up. maples have no macros on them. willows you get from ppl getting willows for 99 woodcutting.

jagex should pput the duel thing up again were you duel anywere in runescape, so we could duel those autoers. :thumbsup: , maybe not.

edit: jagex should do inflation were everything goes up in money, maybe not that would take a lot of time and effort.

Poopuidiot.gif

proud owner of a crystal bow 1/7/07 :)

my sig hates me, I cant get it to work :(

I think that Jagex should make the skill capes a members only item it would not only creat another comadity that the f2p players would want but it would also premote the membership program. I also think the there should be a quest for each cape so the even macroers would have trouble completing to make it more of a challenge to get and discourage macroing altogether. Also I wanna congartulate the writer of the artical for writing such an insipirering piece of work Kudos to you friend...

P.S. if you wish to wirte to me Please contact me at:

MSN:[email protected]

MSN: [email protected]

RSN: Lord_Jamesy

Tip.it: 22James

Thank You in advance for all the news articles and more to come

Continuous Hell Embodies 3 Components:

1) Uniterrupted Time

2) Unlimited Space

3) Boundless Suffering

quests to get skill capes would not stop autoers as it doesn't effect them that much though it might slow down the amount of people who want skill capes but then there are those who do all quests and then they would be at it as well............................

whatcolor_iswhite.jpg

Awesome Article IMO, very well written and very well researched. I'm looking forward to the next one :)

hows the weather up there. where the rich people live. currently, in the poor area its -1.

It is absurd to compare prohibition to autoing in an mmorpg.

it is also absurd to suggest allowing players to buy gold. If that ever happens this game will die, die, die, dead for sure.

I respect Jagex for having the integrity unlike other game not to allow players to by gold in the real world.

AND FOR A FACT, IF YOU BUY GOLD TO PLAY - YOU SUCK - AND YOU KNOW IT.

Granted, if Jagex cannot do something to stop autoers then this game will be ruined and it would be only a matter of time. It is Jagex' responsibility to take of this issue and I feel they have been on top of things since the start so I feel confident Jagex will take the steps needed to eliminate autoers as soon as they are able.

Gold is needed to play most any game, however, in Runescape you have the ability to level all skills enough to forage all you pretty much need to obtain most items and materials.

and if you want something spendy, and thank god the expensive items are not easily obtained, it takes some handy work to save up.

All you have to do is focuss and save. it might take awhile but eventually you can buy whatever you want. if you want to spend spend, spend...then it takes longer to save -- omg, why does no one understand this?

prayer pots have stayed the same and always risen in price because they are a staple in a large part of this game. I dont see herblaw skill capes lowering the prices there.

it is also hard to believe with all the randoms, logging out, banking etc that autoers are even able to exist -- although i dont know much about hacking etc, but it just seems amazing with all the implemented deterrants Jagex uses that it still goes on.

one other thing since when have yew prices gone down? what do you mean 350 to 330 or even 300? I used to buy yews at 250 and sometimes 200 -- if anything that price has risen so that is a faulty point in the article.

and as far as glory ammies go, since they first came out, the time between then and now has produced more level 80 crafters!! less crafters before made prices higher, now there are many people able to make glory ammies...

If Jagex made half key drops rarer then the price of a glory ammy would be higher...

people aint autoing half keys and dragonstones for a fact. theres just more crafters and more people playing therefore more drops.

Totally right... Price beeing plummeting lately.

Whip:

Price back then ( 6 months)~ 1.9-2mil; now: 1.5-1.7mil

Cooked shark:

Price back then ( 6 months)~ 950-1kea; now: 550-650 at Edgeville's Bank world 18.

Dragon Bones:

Price back then ( 6 months)~2.2-2.5k; now: 1.5-1.7k at Falador's East Bank world 2.

Glory Amulet (4):

Price back then ( 6 months)~70k-80k (world); now: 55k-65k

I admit price went down badly... I was wondering why, thanks to this article I found out :D.

Great article.

~BOMB

The article is right on the money and at the same time very obscure to say certain things.

1. Skill cape hunters make prices lower:

I agree: people who cook and who have/had money paid higher prices for raw food then ever before to get the cook skill cape which was very fast to get (Zezima and N0valyfe set the example in their race to 200 mill exp...)

So the number of lower ranked players and autoers willing to provide rose dramatically. So now the rich cape hunter has its cape and the 100 or so people working "for" him are still fishing and selling...Obviously prices go down. Same for D bones, where is the time that they were 2.5k ea? Right, that hasn't happened since just after the skill capes came out...

2.Some other things except rares also go up in price, these are things that every "noob" wants and is not patient enough to get, best example: Robin and Rangers, but there are more. I did 100s of treasure trails and got 1 Robin and no rangers, so I bought 2 Rangers... I lost 1 pair to a troll general when I was even a bigger noob then today. Noone will play runescape for 2 years just to find a Robin somewhere and that is what it takes, about 6 months of treasure trails level 3 to get 1 (and I added 1.5 years to get to the necessary levels to get lots of level 3 clues).

3.All non stakers/pkers in runescape go up in level and bring new gp in.

I have a solution for this: A new country in runescape were you can not trade and can only wear what you can make and/or found yourself.

So no 85 smithing = no rune smelting = no rune to wear.

Jagex could then make levels go higher in that place and make dragon items crafteable if you have enough smith and craft combined and maybe when your construction lets you build a high level workshop... When you have all the requirements, only then the monsters in there would be able to drop those items for you. So anyone who does not want to play the complete game will stay away from there or will be an incredible noob.

Imagine a pker with 99 att and str with an iron scimmy because he is smith 15. Or even one with smith 66 would still have a mith scimmy.

Or maybe this could be runescape the next generation????

Oh well, prices go down, but what do I care, I am one of those skillers who fish to get their cook up, and who cook to have food for thief and slayer...So I sell as little as possible.

I have to admit that I sold several 1000 potions because I did not train melee yet, never have need for mage pots and my need for anti fire pots is less then the several 1000 lantadynes that I grew until this day :roll: .

I use all the avantoes that I can get for super energies which I all consume, same for dwarfweed that makes range pots <3: ...consumed several 100s of those and I want more :-)

4. Some prices will never go down = all stuff that can be high alched for the value that they are going at, and that give the maximum of exp in making them. Mage logs are the best example, mage log + nature + bow string = 1576 gp, prices may shift from 1 to the next and sometimes impatient people will pay more, but these are all temporary phenomena who will eventually fade out.

5. There will always be merchanters... Because there will always people who do not care about a few mill gp. (I know some people who had 100+ whip drops before they went down to 5 mill ea.) When these people decide to get 99 smith from 60, then gold ore prices will go up after they try to get 250k gold ores ASAP. These same merchanters often become like the people they served, once they made several 100 mill of gp, they will also want levels and are willing to pay for them...

As for my taste in rares? A friend of mine has enough for the both of us and when he tells me to invest in them I always ask him what the stats are. He has nothing (0) to say. \'

2100+ total 3rd best skiller ever at 99 combat (maybe the best, highest total below 100 cb)

99 Cook 99 Fletch 99 Woodcut 99 Firemaking 99 Range 99 Mage 99 Thief 99 Fish 99 Agility 99 Mining 99 Runecrafting 99 Hp 99 Slayer 99 Smith 99 Hunt 99 Construction 99 Craft 99 Farming

Nice article, a great and interesting read as always. I haven't been on Runescape recently so I didn't know about the autoer issue...A pity to see Runescape has fallen prey to autoers as many other online games have. At least they make things cheap for those who don't care about the economy and just want items for as cheap as possible :P

Look forward to the next article, Domovoi

Domovoi123-Level 80 f2p

Noxious 0ne-Level 46 f2p

I'm going to quote happy gilmore (probably has been done 10 times so far, but: "the price is wrong *****!"

I completely agree with the statement that rares go up from more people and others go down from more of them being available. We learn this when we're about 7... Supply and demand, the game and the world are ruled by it.

And I think the comparing is a bit tackily done, but I suppose shows some kind of significance to the topic....

Not your best article, but I'm sure there's only so much you can write about Runescape....

dragonmdefault,britrockdude.gif

Main Goal; To have all skills 50+

My avatar is: The Shins- Oh Inverted World

In f2p the yew cutters are feeling the pain as the autoers are continually ruining the economic aspect of our beloved game. I DISLIKE YOU AUTOERS WITH GREAT INTENSITY. Hope jagex can find a way to destroy you all without mercy. Anyway the prices in the game always roller coaster...at one point a rune scimm was worth more than a r2h or rbattle axe. Crazy.

Whip:

Cooked shark:

Dragon Bones:

Glory Amulet (4):

It's logical that they have gone down.

1. Whip: More and more people get 85 slayer every day. Every day thousands of whips come to the game but only a handful go away. Whips have actually been surprisingly stable.

2. Look at the fishing guild: they are being constantly autoed. Skill cape hunt has risen the demand for raw food so much that sharks are being overautoed. Now more people buy raw food than cooked food is used, so of course the price is raw food also goes down.

3. They are also being autoed a lot and more people are legally hunting them. More people can get them than use in large amounts, so it's not a surprise that they have gone down. There's just higher supply for them now.

4. Glory amulets are a bit like whips, been surprisingly stable. More and more people get key halves while doing slayer, more people get 80+ crafting and they don't go out of the game. When an rcer dies with one, the ammy goes to the pker who uses it himself or sells.

Rares for example go up for totally opposite reasons. They can't be gotten anymore, every month we have less and less rares after people quit or get banned, more people are getting rich and want their own rares.

Rares can go down only if we get new things to invest on or Jagex gives us a way of get discontinued items again. Good examples are the dupe (or creation) bug at rsc and the first weeks/months after construction came. During the bug time, more rares came and that caused panic which made the prices go down a lot. When construction came, rich merchanters and stakers rushed to high levels by brutally buying them and selling some rares. Because of this the demand of rares went down (=less merchanters buying) and the supply (=more people selling them) rose.

Some people have tried to convince others that we should go against Jagex and pressure them to make discontinued items either untradeble or bring them back to game as store sellouts or drops. In my opinion this is a lunatic idea. It would first of all make the raw material prices go higher as people with gp would invest on them instead of rares. Also people with even one single rare item would get totally mad. Rs would be full of rioting people who had worked for months, maybe years to own what they have and then all that gets wiped out.

signaturehoh.jpg

I'd rather die for what I believe in than live for anything else.

Name Removed by Administrator ~Turtlefemm

Auto-ers are definitely a problem. They do contribute to an overabundance of resources.

F2P is supposed to lure players into P2P. Is there really a need to let F2P get all the benefits of high levels? I don't think so (my opinion).

Here is my solution:

Allow F2P to level all the way to 99. But limit their abilites to a lower level say.. 49 for example. This would keep F2P as a way to level up, but keep them from effecting the economy of P2P in a meaningful way. (i.e., if they can't fish sharks they can't sell them for large amounts of gp to sell that gp in real life, the same goes with, yews, mithril, etc). Yet they can continue to level up so when they do go to F2P, they can use all of the levels they have achieved.

Auto-ers may end up moving to P2P but then more moderators would catch them and Jagex would have more revenue to combat the problem.

There is no way to eliminate this entirely. All jagex can to is make it as unprofitable as possible to limit it.

Editor-

Quite frankly, I was shocked and horrified on reading this article. I'm apalled that you even think about the idea of making buying gold with real-world money legal. Its fairness and aura of not-catering-to-the-every-whim-of-spoiled-children-of-yuppies is what made me love this game in the first place. You don't buy your way to pixellated glory, you earn it.

All the same, we all know what a problem the autoer-> real-world item trader-> scammer food chain is. Some of the most important rules of Runescape are the hardest to enforce, which is probably why so many of us are starting to think of the lines of "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em." (Or, perhaps more accurately, "If you can't crush 'em, embrace 'em.)

So, editor, you ended up doing what you always do best: you made people think. I thought, and I came up with an idea. It's a little different from yours, given my (sometimes overzealous) snootiness over cheaters. :anxious:

You suggested making gold-buying legal to a limited extent, such that JaGEx itself offers such competitive prices that the autoer opposition can't keep up. I would go a step further, so that JaGEx would offer unlimited gold for sale cheaply. Anyone who wanted to throw fits until their parents bought them a nice shiny dragon set would be welcome to do so.

Of course, I can already hear the people who spent hours and hours getting that d chain or earning their partyhats groaning in agony. So the twist is, anyone can buy gold if they choose to, but their characters would look somehow different from those of people who stay pure. Perhaps there could be a green glow around characters decked out in real-world-item-traded finery, or the purists could have a white glow or be taller, or the RWITers could be slightly chubby, or have their names in a different font, or smell very faintly of rotten eggs. (Just kidding on that last part!)

Theeeeeen everybody would be happy! Right?

I dont think teh editor meant that he wanted their to be a white market were you buy gold he just compared runescape to a real life situation (alchohol ban in America) and suggested a similar soloution but the situations maybe similar but the outcome would be far different for runescape and probally make things worse

whatcolor_iswhite.jpg

I think that the point about skill capes is completely backwards. As many others have pointed out, the most popular skills are not the ones that are gained by generating raw materials. This is something JaGEx could have avoided, and shoud have forseen, when they designed the trimmed capes.

What they need to do is fix the skill capes so that you can only have a trimmed cape if you have an appropriate offsetting skill. For example, if you have the cooking cape, only the fishing cape gets it trimmed, and vice-versa. Some of the skills could be easily matched up this way in order to make sure every trimmed cape was the result of not just a "buy and change" skill, but required a "gather materials" skill as well. Players desire to achieve the trimmed capes, which would be status symbols soon enough, would drive them to go after those materials and skills that best offset each other.

The problem is that all of he skills don't really have logical offsets, Sure some are easy - Fish/cook, Firemaking/woodcutting, mine/smith, herb/farm.

What to do with the others? Fletch/Range(maker your own arrows/bolts) or fletch/craft(make your own bowstrings/bolt tips)? Mage/rc? And nothing really goes with contruction. Maybe that should just not be able to be trimmed at all. Maybe there could be triples?

Sure it all goes against the double-edged sword of RS's basic tenet of "no classes, everybody can be whatever they want" but encouraging people in a certain direction through desirable rewards wouldn't really violate that.

bop_dravian.png