Are you ready to die?

np_tyler

Depends. If I didn't like the person, then no, I wouldn't die for them, but if they were a stranger, my family, etc, Yes, I would. I recently have come to not fear death and will embrace it willingly, if it's my time to come. With the whole shooting thing, if I knew I had no chance of surviving, I'd fight the shooter. I've thought about the whole "At any moment someone could decide to shoot up my family, my school, or me" and I have realised that I would fight the person. Run towards them and try to get the gun out of their hand or something. I wouldn't willingly sit there and wait to die. I'd rather die a hero or with courage, than die scared and afraid.

I think I would do what made the most sense. That is, either try and get the gun away from the shooter or make my escape. No idea if I would act like that under pressure however.

Personaly I do 'fear' death in the sense that I don't want to stop my life so abruptly yet, I mean, I have so much to do.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would escape using any means to do it. I'd probably be one of those jumping out of windows, if I can live I will will regardless of injury.

More likely I'd hide coast clear or not, however if the I was close to an escape I would attempt it.

pyroqe6.jpg

Me doing staff.

Death is inevitable. Fear of the inevitable is pointless. Am I ready to die? No. But who is? Do I fear death? No. Would I give up my pathetic life to save somebody else? I have been described by friends as a person who would, although I really can't answer this until I'm in the situation.

I mean ban meat-eating and hunting for humans. The animals can do it because they don't slaughter each other by the thousands, after raising those thousands in horrible conditions. If we reverted to hunting with our bare fists and only eating what we and our family members caught, that would be more balanced. Besides, it's perfectly easy for a human to get by without meat.

If you're lucky enough to have that food put in front of you every day you should eat it. You think someone in Rwanda is going to give a damn about how some chicken was raised? No. They'd grab at it with both hands.

A lot of people have said they are not afraid of death, and I know not of anyone who is truly afraid of death itself. It is more so a fear of what comes after death, the fear of the unknown, that keeps us tied to this world. If human beings knew for certain that after death you would be eternally happy, la, la, la, la, la, then people would be shooting themselves and jumping off bridges left and right. Fact is though, that we will always have a sense of doubt. Even the holiest, most faitful people in the world might (as I cannot speak on their behalf, but I haven't not met anyone yet who is certain without even the slightest hint of doubt, about what will happen after death) still have that miniscule feeling of disbelief and doubt, that something bad will happen after death, and it will not be so 'la, la, la, la , la'. That is what I believe keeps us tied to this world, and those are my views on the matter.

I don't believe in Hell (or an afterlife for that matter), nor do I have any "strong" attachements to this world, so ya, I'd say I wouldn't be too sad if I knew I was going to get killed tomorrow.

I would give my life to save another, hypothetically, if I was put in the situation for real I honestly don't know how I'd react.

Ya, I'm pretty much like that.

Nihilist!

i believe you mean atheist.

a nihilist is someone who believes NOTHING is real.

Nah, I believe something created the universe (not necessarily any god people have already thought up, but I find it hard to think that there isn't at least something that made the perfect balance of the universe), so I'd say I'm closer to a nihilist :-w .

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

I'm to passively complacent to worry about death. Do I fear dying? I'm an animal, of course.

Life is a choice, like anything else. MJK, in the song 'Gravity', by A Perfect Circle, sings 'I choose to live.' If you think that way, you have more control (albeit subconciously) and won't fear death as much.

If you fear death too much, you're expecting it and can't see what life has to offer. Listen to the song Parabola by Tool. I'd say it's fitting.

i dunno me thinking about it right this second from a logical view, were the same thing as a car in a sense. just a bunch of elements, placed in the right order, and under the right conditions we breath and function. similar to how a car will run under the right conditions.

in probaly 50 years in technogly goes the way it has been going i would be surprized if the defintion of "life," "death," and "machine" are altered forever.

really all emtions that we feel are only being used in the wrong way they were ment for. Emtions were devloped in order so that the rest of the cells in our body, not only the brain can live on the best way it can. fear = be warry of the darkness, love = reproduction, curisoity = does this look safe to eat, compasion = save my friend. all of these things have just evoloved throughout time so that the body can continue functioning, and we gave this funcationing a very special word, call life.

now if i apply all this to myself in my right now moment, i probaly wouldn't mind if i died right now. there is no greater meaning to life, it all seems to trival in that aspect. body the itself probaly wouldn't like that if was put in a sitution where i had to die. one way i can justify not dieing right now is that i still wish to do things, but does that really matter? my belief is that when i die nothing happens, there is no heavan, there is no hell, there is nothing! darkness? no, light? no...just nothing...is that good or bad i do not know yet. we will find out when i get there. so on the idea of living for stuff? why should i live if i will lose all those memorys of good and bad times? my friends and family will be sad i have died? well when they die they will have the same thing happen

giving my life to save another. really depends on what the sitution is. do i know the person? if so are they my friend? how many people am i saving? how are the person dieing. if it is only person i dislike who is dieing a quick death, while if i gave my life for them i would be bought under extreme pain, its doubtful. but who knows.

(on a side note, yes i do know i have a very negative out look on life, im actully a postive person, no i do not need a sucide watcher or something like that)

lastly my finger is numb from typing so much -.-

legends2.jpg

Am I afraid of death? I don't know... Do I worry? No.

Would I die so that a loved one may live? Yes.

Do I value human life? Of course.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

Technically, giving your life in sacrifice for that of another would get me into heaven. So hell, I'd be all for it. Would be tough to do, of course. But a shot at heaven wouldn't be so bad.

I really wouldn't call it an era. It was more of a definitive time period during which dinstinctive characteristics were expressed in similar ways.

Svirnsigscore.gif

Technically, giving your life in sacrifice for that of another would get me into heaven. So hell, I'd be all for it. Would be tough to do, of course. But a shot at heaven wouldn't be so bad.

You've got it all wrong. Self sacrafice isn't for your gain, my friend. If you're only motivation for self sacrafice is yourself, I'd wager my house that you wouldn't do it.

Well perhaps I'd sacrifice myself without thinking of myself?

I really wouldn't call it an era. It was more of a definitive time period during which dinstinctive characteristics were expressed in similar ways.

Svirnsigscore.gif

No I'm not ready. There's so much more in life I want to do and experience. If I died today I'd honestly feel like I missed out. I really value consciousness. I mean I'm loving life now - I'm just not ready to give it up. I'm sure there will be a day when I'm ready, but that day won't be for a few more decades. I don't necessarily fear death ever in day to day situations to effect my decision making, but I would be afraid of impending death if I knew it was coming up before I felt ready. As for sacrificing myself for a loved one: Like everyone I say I would. But I don't really know how I'd really act in such a situation faced with death. Nobody does.

Well, as long as you're thinking of the [man-made idea of] heaven, you're still thinking about yourself, rather than the person you're protecting.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

That would be the way to go about it. If you think about your own outcome, it won't be for them; it will be for you. Just remember that. I can see your line of thinking, but think of it this way; did Jesus think of all of the warm fuzzy 'welcome homes' when he was on the cross? No, he would have thought about the burden of sin he was taking for everyone.

You can't fear death. If you fear death, you'll be running all your life. Death will come, but there's this beautiful part right now called life, so enjoy it for what it is: a gift, that's why they call it the present.

I would give my life to save another, hypothetically, if I was put in the situation for real I honestly don't know how I'd react. Saying that, I'm no way near ready to die, I have too much to live for. If you're born as one of the people in this world lucky enough to get clean food and water every single day, you better do some living. I've got too many things to do, places to see, people to meet, things to hear, people to make happy, sad, laugh, cry, p-off, comfort, things to accomplish, to abolish to create and recreate.

I can't wait to live, so death is gonna have to wait! :D

beautiful, death is a part of life, teh end of it so be ready to accept when it comes

People can be ready to die, for example when they're 90, with a failing body and a failing mind. Or when they are suffering badly without any hope of ever getting better.

I'm definitely not ready to die. But I'm even less ready to accept the death of someone I'm close to. Dying is not that hard, I think, it's seeing someone else die that tears your heart apart.

well im not ready to die im 12 the question is a bit extreme for my age isnt it?

Perhaps it is. A person at your age probably hasn't thought much about death.

As for myself... I'm going to live, die, and be forgotten eventually. I'm too lazy to ever do anything that will help the human race. It's my belief that, when I die, I'll be going to somewhere better than this earth. The world has much to offer, but it's all worthless in the long run. Therefore, I say that I don't fear death as much as some people, and I think I believe it.

- Np Tyler