Should F2P get skill capes?

hybrid2hell

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yer they should get skill capes, i mean hell kinda hypocritical when jagex said everyone should be rewarded for 99's, but oh wait only if u pay 5 bucks lol, nways any 99 deserves it. Trying 99 fletch atm :P so boooring.....but the cape lol

Gl with fletching.

@killerred- sure, wilderness capes would be nice, but i still like skill capes more <3:

I engineered this thread with precise variables that I know would cause lul-worthy flames.

Ammo931.png

No. They don't pay for the game so they don't get all the benefits.

Fine I'll be willing to pay $0.10 a month for the ability to wear a skill cape.

Out of all the features letting f2p players wear skill capes would hardly cause any effect to the p2p world. Besides Almost all non-combat skills in f2p are useless to train to 99 anyway.

Personally I would like one but it will make no difference to me as a f2p player. I would rather have 4 more bank spaces than a skill cape any day.

Spaneard.png

3.png

lol get 99 in a skill u should be rewarded irregardles....i mean i got 99 att and str and i like the capes, i dont see why ppl shouldnt get rewarded for all the hard work, that dedication should be rewarded irregardless if u pay or not, and tat's just being selfish who ever said they dont pay coz skill capes are such a small percentage of the benefits that the argument u said is just irrelevant

Db29_yo.gif

db29_yo.png

This might be a little off topic, but it seems to me that if a free player trained any skill to 99, they wouldn't have the bank space for the cape and hood. Anyways, i support skill capes for f2p because every single stat is harder to train in f2p then members. And any one who can train one skill long enough to get over 13 million xp deserves the chance to show that off.

xchariotx.png

"One has not only a legal, but a moral responsibility to obey just laws. Conversely, one has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws."-Martin Luther King

"The Kingdom of God is anarchy"-Nicolas Berdyaev

This might be a little off topic, but it seems to me that if a free player trained any skill to 99, they wouldn't have the bank space for the cape and hood. Anyways, i support skill capes for f2p because every single stat is harder to train in f2p then members. And any one who can train one skill long enough to get over 13 million xp deserves the chance to show that off.
Doesn't require space if you are wearing it. :wink:

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

[spoiler=Stats:]Updated December 22, 2011:

Total level - 1442 - 170M+ XP , Combat level - 115

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85

Yeah, I honestly don't understand why most P2P players are so opposed to F2Pers getting the cape. You aren't having it taken away from you >.>.

Excellent point

I engineered this thread with precise variables that I know would cause lul-worthy flames.

Ammo931.png

F2p deserves Skill Capes because training is 10 times harder in F2p

So yes they deserve skill capes

1400th post

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

This question cannot be anwsered without being biased.

People from f2p believe they deserve while p2pers believe that's what they've paid for and you don't deserve to be equal to them within the mind of Jagex.

As for myself, I believe f2p doesn't deserve nor have the right to order that they get these things.

Retired from Runescape as of June 1, 2007.

Visit my guide on internet conduct and abbreviations!

People from f2p believe they deserve while p2pers believe that's what they've paid for and you don't deserve to be equal to them within the mind of Jagex.

As for myself, I believe f2p doesn't deserve nor have the right to order that they get these things.

um i'm p2p big time...lvl 120 and i think f2p should get skill capes lol, its just stupid to argue over it, not like it hurts members when f2p get it and u know the stats of the capes aren't that good anyway.....lol

Db29_yo.gif

db29_yo.png

Wow, have you even read the debate? There's just as many F2P saying 'Nah we don't deserve the skillcape' as there is P2P saying 'Give em the damn cape!'

And it's not a campaign to give F2P the cape, its a debate.

Ananke32.png

whilst alot of ppl say that skills are harder in f2p, most are, but wc and fm are pretty much same...ewxcept p2p has d axe and higher logs, but most use willow logs or rune axes, both of which f2p can get

but still

give them the capes! if u get 99 in a skill u deserve a cape nomatter what

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

whilst alot of ppl say that skills are harder in f2p, most are, but wc and fm are pretty much same...ewxcept p2p has d axe and higher logs, but most use willow logs or rune axes, both of which f2p can get

but still

give them the capes! if u get 99 in a skill u deserve a cape nomatter what

Thats the problem with you people. You assume that you "deserve" something. You don't deserve it. The only things you may deserve are justice and basic human rights, and RS is not in there. Skill capes definitely are not in there. So if JagEx has decided that they think Skill Capes are members, either pony up the 5 bucks or quit your pathetic whining. So you got 99 f2p. Great, your a dedicated hard working person. You can fell all warm and fuzzy inside now. But if you want to be an arrogant person who shows off their l33t skills, pay 5 bucks.

triforceelf.png

There is absolutely no valid reason why f2p should not get the capes.

It is a cape for getting 99 in a skill, it serves no other purpose other than being a reward for reaching lv 99 so why not?

If anyone has reason other than "f2p don't pay" I love to hear it. :P

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

[spoiler=Stats:]Updated December 22, 2011:

Total level - 1442 - 170M+ XP , Combat level - 115

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85

You'll be hard pressed to find a different reason. "f2p dont pay" seems to be a very popular one :-k

Ammo931.png

It is a cape for getting 99 in a skill, it serves no other purpose other than being a reward for reaching lv 99 so why not?

JagEx owns the game and wants to make members more attractive so they can make more money? Because thats how it rolls? Because we live in a capitalistic society not a communistic one? Because God hates you? Because you whine to much? Because its just a damn game?

triforceelf.png

JagEx owns the game and wants to make members more attractive so they can make more money? Because thats how it rolls? Because we live in a capitalistic society not a communistic one? Because God hates you? Because you whine to much? Because its just a damn game?

cuz u ned frinds!!1!11

Seriously, I didnt realize that god hated me for being F2P. And if its "just a god damn game," then why are you so against F2P having skill capes. I didnt realize that you paying 5$ a month to play a game makes you better than me.

Ammo931.png

And plus. You have to pay for it. It's harder for F2P people.

But a reason F2P won't is... Jagex want's you to pay for it. With real money

I dont need a siggy no moar.