Should F2P get skill capes?

hybrid2hell

Felt like f2p bashing =]

Nothing difficult in paying 6 dollars a month. Either you're a brat, and your parents won't let you, in which case youre better off in f2p. Either you are amazingly poor, in which case you should sell your computer and go work instead of playing mmos. Either you like it in f2p then no point in having this conversation. Either for some reason you think subscribing is complicated and are avoiding it.

Really, just pay the money and you'll get it. Members get benifits, that's the whole point, cool capes included.

This entire post enrages me. How does not having the ability to pay 6$ a month make you a brat? If you are amazingly poor you should not be allowed to play games? That last part, "Really, just pay the money and you'll get it." You obviously dont understand the mindset of F2P'ers. Getting members ruin the status of pure F2P, which might not seem like a big deal, but it is.

Next time you post on my thread, pull your head out of your [wagon] and think about what your saying.

Also - Chaolin, could you please change the font to the normal color? Thanks a bunch mate :)

Sorry Ammo, just trying to get my meaning to stand out a bit. ::'

memorysignaturesx7.png

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hell yes they deserve skill capes. i respect anyone who is higher than me in a skill especially in f2p as it is much more arduous and difficult to train skills.

Yes, it only takes 6 dollars for members, so i dont understand why members think they are so much better. there are many reasons why people dont have membership whether it be they are too young, lackluster parents, or they just dont plain want to.

F2pers work just as hard(Harder, In most cases) to their skills to 99. I believe they should get some form of acheivment cape, It doesn't even need to have stat bonuses OR look the same as p2p ones, Just...just something simple the shows they have mastered the skill. <3: :thumbup:

As a free to play player with 8 possible skillcapes if I where a member.... I'd say no. Yes I would like the idea of a skillcape to show people I made it to 99 but the thing is that the skillcape is one of the items that is ment to draw people over the line into the p2p world. Jagex has all right to do this, and maybe we are even better of for not getting bugged every 10 minutes to show our skill cape emotes. Also we would not have enough bank space to hold all 15 capes and hoods (30 bank spaces, it's the half of our bank!). So I say we would deserve them as a player for getting 99 in a skill, but we should just be comfortable with Jagex decision to keep them only for their members.

What I however do like to state is that paying members should give some respect to their fellow players that like it in the free worlds or can not go anywhere else. By paying for a game you are not superior to us, we are all human beings. I've seen this happen many times, people start "bashing" free to play players for a respectable decision not to turn member. Also I myself have been called noob and other more fowl language for just playing the game the way I like it. As a matter of fact I find many free to play players acting more mature and nicer to other people than our colleagues in the p2p worlds. F2p bashing = :thumbdown: :shame:

Mauranius, currently the 20th free to play player as ranked on runehead.

OF COURSE THY DESERVE THEM!

omfg!

it is so hard to get a 99'er in f2p..

they certainly deserve the cape!

and the portal idea, pretty good, but it would be a place with all masters together, like the abyss or something

just a circle with a return portal in the mid :)

Account created:2/01/'08 Months Played: 11!!

Check out my guide on getting 13m Exp!

siggycopyjj5ml0.jpg

115 CB | 99 Fletch | 99 cook | 99 Ranged | 99 Fm | 99 Fish | 1800+ Total

Dragon drops: 2 Meds ;; 1 Skirt ;; 2 Legs ;; 1 Shield

Chikens lay strong eggs when they think a day counts 28 hours...

Well, I'd have to say yes. I was a member for a while, but let my subscription run out for the summer. And members get a lot more than a couple of fancy cpes for $5 a month. There have been a lot of recent updates to the f2p systems, so obviously Jagex hasn't put us out of their thoughts. If the creaters of the game give an ounce of thought to the people who don't pay to keep the game alive, I think the rest of us can.

Doctors repeat themselves because they have nothing better to say......

Why does every P2P consider real life money to be the one reason that you deserve everything? What about player value and contributions back into the Rune Scape community? I'm sure a lot of you F2P bashers have made several friends in F2P; they've kept you company when you had no one else to talk to, they've probably given a tip or two for training your skills, and above all, they've been your friend. Is that completely irrelevant to you? It's time to grow up and realize that money isn't the only form of value in this world.

Another thing, you bashers act like being poor or being conservative with your money is a bad thing. A freaking computer is still a luxury for the world and paying for a game is even more so. To be honest, I'd much rather pay for a pizza and a good time with my friends than pay for a month of game that can cause antisocial behavior. It's not being stingy, it's called putting priority to what's important to you in your life.

I'm sorry to say this, as I'll probably be shunned as a f2p basher... But really, posts like this make me wonder... Both extremes, this hardcore of a f2p'er and its opposite in p2p are disgusting.

On Topic: F2P'ers with 99s worked as hard as, if not harder than any paying skillcape owner. The $5-6 hardly make a difference, and I, for one, consider the updates such as Quests to be far more of a benefit than a cape that is that restricted.

OF COURSE THY DESERVE THEM!

omfg!

it is so hard to get a 99'er in f2p..

they certainly deserve the cape!

Jagex would have made it f2p in the first place if they thought like this. Also, as many have said, that is why members pay money, so we can get more access to the game. Let's say you work in a car factory. They give you 20% off because you work for them. How would you feel if everybody else in the world got the same 20% off? Not great, yeah?

And i don't mean to flame or discriminate against anyone, but it's a simple fact: the majority of f2pers will take a mile if you give them an inch.

newsigac5.png

And i don't mean to flame or discriminate against anyone, but it's a simple fact: the majority of f2pers will take a mile if you give them an inch.

Exactly. I've always seen f2p as a demo version, and p2p as the full game. As simple as it is.

In fact, I think the game wasn't meant for f2p to get 99s.

WarBlastoise.png

Exactly. I've always seen f2p as a demo version, and p2p as the full game. As simple as it is.

In fact, I think the game wasn't meant for f2p to get 99s.

That's true. The game wasn't meant for players to get 99s anyway because it also consisted of quests, minigames and other things which players could have fun playing them. It depends on the players whether they want to train any of their skills to 99 or not. Probably It can be for the sake of challenge, competition or just to be in the top.

Back to the topic, It would be cool for F2P to have skill capes but if i were a member I would contradict the idea about F2P getting skill capes. If people really want to get extra game's features then they can pay to play if not then just play for free.

*Started Runescape in 1st of August 2005*.

Sweetfruits89.jpeg

Back to the topic, It would be cool for F2P to have skill capes but if i were a member I would contradict the idea about F2P getting skill capes.

I don't see why you have to disagree with the idea of f2p skillcapes just because you're a member.

If the f2p version of the game was created just as a demo, then why do we have quests, pking, the ability to have some treasure trail items etc. Jagex is still making updates to the free version of the game, so they obviously don't want to lose people taking a serious intrest in the game, even if they are free players.

I don't personally.

Not because i'm a member, but my reason has been stated before.

Members pays for Runescape. Without Members Runescape would really exist to the degree is has to this day.

One of the benefits of been a member is more armour/weapons etc. If f2p got some of those what is the point of membership?

dragon_elf45.png

Dragon_elf45.png

I'm not saying that we should get all sorts of new stuff, just something to show for our hard work. If it isn't even a skillcape that would be fine. Its just that a lot of us have (or almost have) a 99 skill and we would really like something to show other people that we have it.

Back to the topic, It would be cool for F2P to have skill capes but if i were a member I would contradict the idea about F2P getting skill capes.

I don't see why you have to disagree with the idea of f2p skillcapes just because you're a member.

If the f2p version of the game was created just as a demo, then why do we have quests, pking, the ability to have some treasure trail items etc. Jagex is still making updates to the free version of the game, so they obviously don't want to lose people taking a serious intrest in the game, even if they are free players.

I don't see why you have to oppose an opinion from a player that hasn't been a member anyway.

Skillcapes are an extreme feature of the game that players can show their true achievements. If skill capes were for F2P too you wouldn't see many people thinking of getting members because there is already something special that they could get freely from the game to show their real achievements. You wouldn't see alot of people subscribing if that was the case. I always hear from people that they'd like to get members just to get a skillcape for their certain 99 skill. Anyway we'd never know because these are only assumptions that are made from our opinions.

Plus, I have never been a member myself and I know it's pretty cool for F2P to have skill capes but I'm not really desperate for it just to show my achievements. However, If I were a member and noticed that skill capes were for F2P then I wouldn't carry on playing P2P because I could train the F2P skills to 99 and get the 99 skill capes for it.

Jagex know very well what they're doing for the good of their own benefits.

Sweetfruits89.jpeg

Really, people would choose not to subscribe over skillcapes being f2p? Regardless of the 9 skills, countless skill options, hundred or so more quests, etc.?

There'd probably make more of an impact to subscribers if Dragon Armor was made f2p. Skillcapes aren't exactly aimed at everybody.

Really, people would choose not to subscribe over skillcapes being f2p? Regardless of the 9 skills, countless skill options, hundred or so more quests, etc.?

There'd probably make more of an impact to subscribers if Dragon Armor was made f2p. Skillcapes aren't exactly aimed at everybody.

That's true. I didn't generalize it so not everybody would take that into account. It was just my own example to explain my opinion. It could be aimed at me but wouldn't be aimed at every single one.

Sweetfruits89.jpeg

Bam! Hit the nail on the head there. Especially the bolded part.

j0xPu5R.png

I am not saying any 99s are less admirable than others (although some are starting to become less admirable) but seriously, if you get 99 woodcutting using only willows, (whereas p2p'ers can use maples, mages, and all those other cool logs you have), that is quite a bit harder!

:thumbsup:

You make a good point and i agree and disagree i mean ya it is harder for free players but also i think that f2p peeps think they need more,more and more. But as i had noticed earlyier playing as a f2p i was lucky to play for free i mean think of how many good games there are and if there free or not. Well you have a good point but i have to say no to this

I'm especially against it for the most simple, yet important reason:

Because free players want the capes.

Really, why would Jagex give free players something they want so badly. It certainly was a reason for some of my friends to become members (Not the only one, but still an important one.)

As for the 100% F2P status:

You can still log ONCE in a members' world, take a fast tour of it (there's so much to see), buy your cape, log out, log in in a f2p world and you're done.

WarBlastoise.png

I'm especially against it for the most simple, yet important reason:

Because free players want the capes.

Really, why would Jagex give free players something they want so badly. It certainly was a reason for some of my friends to become members (Not the only one, but still an important one.)

As for the 100% F2P status:

You can still log ONCE in a members' world, take a fast tour of it (there's so much to see), buy your cape, log out, log in in a f2p world and you're done.

Your cape will show you have been a member and your 100% f2p status would be false. He could just as well have trained only f2p skills in a p2p world. As for the capes I already said I don't even want them because you will get bugged to do the emote every 10 minutes. I would rather have them say inside the game that skillcapes are members. currently it does not state this and I am getting annoyed by people asking where my skillcape is. Many players keep training in F2P that like the skillcapes and eventually they will hear they are p2p, not good for jagex since they are missing out on money...