• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As an F2Per, I say no. Unfair to P2P.

Yeah, like that zaryte bow

wait

recharge costs = ammo.

So, all melee weapons are overpowered, at least.

this combat triangle finally makes sense...

F2P don't join just to get the skill cape, and members won't quit because F2P get skill capes. Saying you did doesn't help any either, because your (still) a minority. There's no real reason why F2P shouldn't have achievement capes.

No, no and no!

Achievement capes are showoff items (i have both quest and fletching) besides that we wouldn't want that we members lose our flashy capes, atleast i think.

other than that i think that F2P has gotten an unusual amount of updates this year, and i'm sure that allot agree with that.

stefto.png

stefto.png

stefto.png

Lifes like a nose; get out of it whats in it

98% Of teenagers surround their minds with rap music, if you're part of the 2% that stayed with rock, put this in your signature, ROCK IS BETTER!

No, no and no!

Achievement capes are showoff items (i have both quest and fletching) besides that we wouldn't want that we members lose our flashy capes, atleast i think.

How would you lose your cape, exactly?

Plus, not every free player can or will get a skillcape, just as not every member will.

F2P don't join just to get the skill cape, and members won't quit because F2P get skill capes. Saying you did doesn't help any either, because your (still) a minority. There's no real reason why F2P shouldn't have achievement capes.

There's no reason why you should either.

TETsig.jpeg

YOU! ATTEND TET EVENTS! CLICK HERE!

No, but it all adds up. There is no one single reason for becoming a member - it's the list of all the benefits that racks the customers in. Achievement Capes happen to be a big one on that list.

the fact that you say your "f2p all the way" or "100% free to play" signifies the fact that you willingly accept the fact that training is going to be harder for you, and then you continue to use that as a reason you should get capes? yes it is harder, im not saying it isnt at all, but by saying "f2p all the way" you also realize this. and should under no circumstances use that as a reason you should have skill capes. pretty hypocritical if you ask me :? on that note, i do believe f2p DESERVES skill capes. will it happen? no.

i dont think that ftp players should have skillcapes, yeah they could get skills to 99 just like all of us, but if they where to say get magic to 99 where would they get the cape? yanille? then ftp would have everywhere members would have just to go collect their sc. so no i dont think they should have :shame:

I'll repeat my idea:

What if instead of the actual cape, F2Per's would be able to buy something else that shows they have a 99 in a skill? Like a shirt or some sort of shield. Of course, said things would give little to no bonus, but simply show that you have indeed achieved a 99 in F2P and want to show others.

Taking a Playstation 3 break.

card.png

F2P should definitely get skill capes because first of all, it is harder to get a 99 skill in f2p. Second, getting a 99 skill is something that can be achieved by both members and non-members. Third, if you don't want to let f2p get all skill capes, then just let us have the ones that are found in f2p areas which would be mining, smithing, defence, hitpoints, prayer, crafting, runecrafting, woodcutting, and cooking. Fourth, all of you p2p who reject to the idea of f2p getting skill capes are noobs because all though you are thinking that we don't deserve the advantage because you guys are desperate enough to pay 5$, and that giving us skill capes would cause fuss between p2p and f2p because of how f2p is gaining an advantage but in reality, no one is getting an advantage nor a disadvantage. If f2p get skill capes, they will only be the ones obtainable in f2p areas, meaning we only get some of the skill capes(remember that some of the f2p skills are in p2p areas a.k.a. firemaking, strength, attack, and range). So p2p still get all the skill capes, meaning they still keep the "upper edge" or "dominance" so to speak.

lucario.jpg

2w30t2a.png

beethovens29.png

No. If they worked so hard to get their 99's, they always have the choice to turn P2P, buy and equip a skillcape and then log back into F2P (or use their membership). Since most people with 99's are members, it's not really that much of a problem in Jagex's eyes.

coza17.png

I think its one of the main reasons thats people get membership, which brings Jagex a lot of money extra, so I dont think that Jagex will give f2p skill capes ever. In my opinion they actually should; because like you have seen many f2pers who have 99's without being able to show it, and 99's in f2p are much harder to get than p2p.

- Rem.

::'

Please visit our forums !! Click the link!!

Register; and get posting!

CLICK! ---> http://dantay800.com/forum1/index.php <---CLICK!

Sure I would not mind them getting it but some of you are missing the point. Jagex will proboly never update f2p with something large. Face right now they update it maybe 2 times a year. Jagex only wants to make membership look good because they get money for it. They just want f2p players to want to be p2p players.

hernet0.png

Hernet0.png

Sure I would not mind them getting it but some of you are missing the point. Jagex will proboly never update f2p with something large. Face right now they update it maybe 2 times a year. Jagex only wants to make membership look good because they get money for it. They just want f2p players to want to be p2p players.

Skillcapes really aren't something large. Think about how many members have and don't have them, then look at how many f2p'ers have and don't have a 99.

A Large update would be something like a Minigame, Quest, or guild/area. All but one of those have been made f2p, and for the most part, are available to everyone. A skillcape is only available to one with a 99.

It would be nice, of course, but after all it's just an item that shows off your skill. It's not really like we need it and I don't usually care for showing off.

It would be nice, but I can live without it.

EDIT - Signature far exceeds our sig limits but since it's so colourful you can keep it.

They should get them, although that some of the capes F2P gets are in member areas so they would have to do something about it..

i think something like a skill halo kind of thing would work just like skill cape but instead on head.. with say half bonuses and boost in 1 lvl on that skill =P~

34sny53.png

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

Personally I don't care for ftp. I believe in my heart it's just a demo version of this game, and for me, I will never play ftp. It's either members or the game isn't for me.

With that being said, I don't feel any reason why FTP players shouldn't have skill capes other than the fact it's something they want VERY VERY much, and for how dependent this game is on them, it's no surprise Jagex would make it so that you need to be a member to get them.

perhaps they should be able to do the emote, but not get the cape?

That's a good idea, but I'd say do the opposite. Give them the cape, give them the recognition, but then don't let them do the emote. Save that specialty for members.

Alpha_Koldes.png

-

Man, I really do love Runescape, and I'm sure if it was a real person I would of asked it to marry me by now.

Personally I don't care for ftp. I believe in my heart it's just a demo version of this game, and for me, I will never play ftp. It's either members or the game isn't for me.

With that being said, I don't feel any reason why FTP players shouldn't have skill capes other than the fact it's something they want VERY VERY much, and for how dependent this game is on them, it's no surprise Jagex would make it so that you need to be a member to get them.

perhaps they should be able to do the emote, but not get the cape?

That's a good idea, but I'd say do the opposite. Give them the cape, give them the recognition, but then don't let them do the emote. Save that specialty for members.

I thought you could do the emote just for wearing the cape, member or non-member

I personally think no, but mainly because they arn't paying to play. I think that non-members should be happy that they are aloud to play because jagex could make it so everyone who wants to play has to pay just like w.o.w. I think that they should just be happy with what they got and stop trying to start riots over dumb things.(not all non mems just some) Like dragon weapons and old wild. ( mems had riots over wild but not nearly as much as non mems).

EDIT: Or i think if the person has no muting or banns then they can get. But if they get in trouble then they'll get taken away.

Proud owner of a Fire Cape.

sharksman3.png

Proud owner of a Fire Cape.