17-Apr-2007 Wilderness Ditch

007007008plp

17 April 2007 - Wilderness Ditch

Up at the border to the Wilderness you will notice a small change this week. Far too easily have people mistakenly entered the dangerous lands of the north and so, with spades-united, a ditch has been dug!

You will now find that to enter and exit the wilderness you have to hop over a small ditch (no Agility level required). There's a safe zone just north of the ditch, so you needn't worry about getting over the ditch quickly.

Careful you don't trip!

In other news...

Easter has come and gone, and with it the Easter Bunny has gone back to his mysterious home to prepare for next year's (hopefully) mishap-free chocolate festival. As a result, we've taken down the Easter Event. Don't worry if you missed out on it, there will be another holiday event for Halloween!

bunyip.png

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Horrible update for runecrafters. Now it requires to pay more attention to run to the zammy mage and running out of the rc pkers is harder. I seen an increased amount of rc pkers swarming around the zammy mage for the next few weeks....

signaturehoh.jpg

I'd rather die for what I believe in than live for anything else.

Name Removed by Administrator ~Turtlefemm

Horrible update for runecrafters. Now it requires to pay more attention to run to the zammy mage and running out of the rc pkers is harder. I seen an increased amount of rc pkers swarming around the zammy mage for the next few weeks....
A good point there. :wall:

Strangely with WotLK so near, I wished I could delay it a bit to push through that last TBC content in MH/BT :'(.

Exactly what I was thinking... Really a disaster... As if it wasn't slow already. Just because of a bunch of [...] noobs that get lured in the wilderness, us RC'ers get to pay the price.

Bah.

i think it's a good idea, if ur dumb enough not to notice a huge warning appear on the entire screen, a big whole should be a good enough warning...

yodaxq1.jpg

There's no such thing as "wireless." Just really long extension cords.

Don't know what I tink of this update yet...seems a bit pointless really. People should know that they are near the wildy, I mean come on you get a big message popping up warning you about it for goodness sake.

Oh well....

bunyip.png

God that sucks.

Abyss crafting isn't bad enough, now we have a ditch.

How stupid do you have to be to accidently go into the wildy anyway, there was a big freaking sign <_<

aerynae.png

aerynae.png

aerynae.png

:: Saradomin Girl :: 278/324 Quest Points :: Tip.It Blog ::

Great Update as far as lurers are concerned, they gonna have a hard time with there edgeville scams now!!! :D

As for as Runecrafting goes, it'll take that little bit extra of concentration now to to jump it instead of running, not to mention rc pkers thinking they will have more chance to catch you before you can get out of the wild...

Mixed feelings about this update, obvious pros and cons..

uwbo.png

99 Herblore, 30m+ exp

99 Farming, Smithing, Prayer, Magic, Crafting, Cooking, Fletching.

Apparently the ditch works like a agility shortcut. The animation of you jumping over does not delay your movement. Hence right after you jump through, even if there is still the animation, just continue your path and notice your guy run a little faster for a while right after the animation

Strangely with WotLK so near, I wished I could delay it a bit to push through that last TBC content in MH/BT :'(.

Jagex again has to babysit noobs. Next thins you know they will be asking for confirmation screen for attacking chicken and other monsters.

And i thought this game oriented at 13+ years old

1500+ total 89 cmb; 1600+ total and under 93 cmb.

02/04/07 reached all skills 60+ under lvl 90 cmb.

07/19/07 reached all skills 70+ at lvl 93 cmb.

Prayer is good for herbs

Pros: If you are a complete [developmentally delayed] you won't get lured any more. How you managed to get lured before this pointless update, is still beyond me.

PKing may become more interesting though.

Contras: Rcing became even slower.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.