17-Apr-2007 Wilderness Ditch

007007008plp

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We lost about 6 Squares of wilderness when they put this in... <.<. The ditch is actully on the spot where I got an Ahrims pk. Gah Jagex...

Knowledge Talks| | Wisdom Listens

~~Heroes Get Remembered, But Legends Never Die~~

Vitafides.jpeg

Xbox Live & Playstation Network Name: Trojann2

We lost about 6 Squares of wilderness when they put this in... <.<. The ditch is actully on the spot where I got an Ahrims pk. Gah Jagex...

PK farther north?

The chance of a successful PK in level 10- is slim to none, because every moron is going to flee like a squirrel. If you are going to DM someone one-on-one, do it right. Have an epic duel on the volcano.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

PK farther north?

The chance of a successful PK in level 10- is slim to none, because every moron is going to flee like a squirrel. If you are going to DM someone one-on-one, do it right. Have an epic duel on the volcano.

Actully...

Ahrimskill.png

AhrimsHood.png

Ahrimskill2.png

All these I downed in less than lvl 10 wildy. :wink:

Knowledge Talks| | Wisdom Listens

~~Heroes Get Remembered, But Legends Never Die~~

Vitafides.jpeg

Xbox Live & Playstation Network Name: Trojann2

Pic's

Good job you took enough Teletabs to be uber safe in that low level wilderness... :roll:

But yeah, Trojann is right - As most P2P PK's = KO's the wilderness level isn't really that important.

This update? Meh, as I don't Rc or get lured it doesn't really effect me.

Hopefully it'l give me the time for an extra poison blob to hit them before they bank...

Thanks, Jadex. :)

'Rock Hard' boss pure - 60/60 Attack | 99/99 Range | 1/1 Defence | 44/44 Prayer | 99/99 Strength | 99/99 Mage - level 79 combat EOC

## '07 Server ## "Best Runescape update ever: Removing 6 years of updates."

Rock_Hard.png

"Warning: If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all that claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think every thing you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told to want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned- Tyler"

Apparently the ditch works like a agility shortcut. The animation of you jumping over does not delay your movement. Hence right after you jump through, even if there is still the animation, just continue your path and notice your guy run a little faster for a while right after the animation

But it requires you to click on the ditch instead of clicking on the mini-map which is much faster and more convenient.

God this SUCKS. Why not build in an OPTIONAL thing like this, so the people who actually have brains won't be distracted by crap like this.

Apparently the ditch works like a agility shortcut. The animation of you jumping over does not delay your movement. Hence right after you jump through, even if there is still the animation, just continue your path and notice your guy run a little faster for a while right after the animation

But it requires you to click on the ditch instead of clicking on the mini-map which is much faster and more convenient.

God this SUCKS. Why not build in an OPTIONAL thing like this, so the people who actually have brains won't be distracted by crap like this.

I'm just addressing a way to maximize usage of this update.. Now it's like unless whiners manage to convince Jagex in some way we won't get our old wildy back. *goes to rants section of official forums*

Strangely with WotLK so near, I wished I could delay it a bit to push through that last TBC content in MH/BT :'(.

Excellent, an entire update for the remedials. The sort of thing that players who are unable to answer Niles' questions have been crying out for. For the rest of us however it's just an unnecessary obstacle designed to irritate. Happy Days.

I have to admit some of those questions are rather hard #-o

But yeah very disappointed by the look of the little "dip"

I don't think its massive problem for Runecrafting,

But they have also removed the fence in Varrock wilderness & that is a life line for some PK'ers -.-

On the bright side!!

Thoughts on what we can fill the "ditch" with!

Fill it up with dead body's!

Blood of your enemy's

"Pitch" (then at 80 Firemaking set it ablaze)

Lava was a good one 007007008plp

Make it look like a crack black and never ending :uhh:

Maybe put a plank across to make Runecrafting easy again!

(Only 1 plank at any time!)

Add water/Slime and now we have a means of getting from one end to the other in a body slam of a second :XD:

Pic's

Good job you took enough Teletabs to be uber safe in that low level wilderness... :roll:

But yeah, Trojann is right - As most P2P PK's = KO's the wilderness level isn't really that important.

This update? Meh, as I don't Rc or get lured it doesn't really effect me.

Hopefully it'l give me the time for an extra poison blob to hit them before they bank...

Thanks, Jadex. :)

shouldn't you be getting back to the Graveyard where people actually care?

this update is pretty rubbish....not only does it delay rc but now we have to (most likely unless another one comes later today) wait until next week for a decent update...just great

sigggyjv2.gif

Sig by me....

Think about it, if we got a small update this week, we will probably get a bigger than usual one next week.

Yeah the "Finally this month, we will be bringing you a large jewellery update" Update \'

But I think its the trade routes between Keldagrim and Dorgesh-Kaan first :-$

This slowers down the slowest skill in whole game

What Herblore? :lol:

Small joke no need to reply

Has anyone actually tried Rcing before posting here to complain yet?

As far as I'm concerned, any update that thwarts the lurer's plans is a good update. If it equals a small amount of time spent crossing the ditch then so be it.

Have you read the arguements against the ditch yet? First of all, now you can't run straight to the zamorak mage by using the minimap. This slowers down the slowest skill in whole game and makes it less convenient.

I personally believe that everyone who got lured actually deserved it. If you had any common sense and sense of self protection, you wouldn't fall for those newbish tricks. For second, we just got a rule which makes it a reportable offence. At times like this I seriously don't know how young and gullible players Jagex tries to attract. Low leveled players get a new short quest with horrible rewards and almost no stat reqs almost every week. Now they are adding more things to babysit these players.

signaturehoh.jpg

I'd rather die for what I believe in than live for anything else.

Name Removed by Administrator ~Turtlefemm

As far as I'm concerned, any update that thwarts the lurer's plans is a good update. If it equals a small amount of time spent crossing the ditch then so be it.

Have you read the arguements against the ditch yet? First of all, now you can't run straight to the zamorak mage by using the minimap. This slowers down the slowest skill in whole game and makes it less convenient.

I personally believe that everyone who got lured actually deserved it. If you had any common sense and sense of self protection, you wouldn't fall for those newbish tricks. For second, we just got a rule which makes it a reportable offence. At times like this I seriously don't know how young and gullible players Jagex tries to attract. Low leveled players get a new short quest with horrible rewards and almost no stat reqs almost every week. Now they are adding more things to babysit these players.

And you my ignorant fellow are an elitest scum. Don't know if I spelt elitist right or spelt 'spelt' right but thats not the point. READ THE REST OF MY POST CAREFULLY NOW:

When you cross the ditch, you are not in the wilderness yet, so you CAN click on the mage on the mini map still. Have you rced with the new ditch yet? I suggest you try it, rcing has not been nerfed, and you are over reacting.

Slowed down? 2 seconds? Slowest skill? I think not. With the abyss it isn't the slowest. Have you ever been mining or even raised agility?

happysigbp0.jpg

When you cross the ditch, you are not in the wilderness yet, so you CAN click on the mage on the mini map still. Have you rced with the new ditch yet? I suggest you try it, rcing has not been nerfed, and you are over reacting.

I am rcin right now and if experssing your own opinion makes you an elitist scum, whatever. At least that's a great way to give a good image to the opposite.

Yes, I can still run from the ditch to zammy mage. So what? Now I have to sop at the ditch, move my mouse from the minimap, jump over an opstacle and then go to zammy mage. I know it from my own experience (as I'm now doing it) that it slows down the skill and makes it less convenient. If pointing out these things make me an elitist scum, fine.

Rc is a skill which requires a lot of time and patience. This update was a straight attack towards it. Luring itself wasn't that big danger as it depended about oneself; it was our own fault if you got lured. Even rules state that it's against the rules and an reportable offense, so people even got warned for it.

edit: I got 90 mining. I know exactly what mining is. I got more xp in it than you got in any skill. Don't come to teach my how slow it actually is. Agility also isn't that bad, it's boring but not relatively slow. With your 33 agility you just can't access the good courses yet. Btw have you tried runecrafting, atm I don't see a character named "happysniff" even being ranked in it.

signaturehoh.jpg

I'd rather die for what I believe in than live for anything else.

Name Removed by Administrator ~Turtlefemm

I am rcin right now and if experssing your own opinion makes you an elitist scum, whatever. At least that's a great way to give a good image to the opposite.

Yes, I can still run from the ditch to zammy mage. So what? Now I have to sop at the ditch, move my mouse from the minimap, jump over an opstacle and then go to zammy mage. I know it from my own experience (as I'm now doing it) that it slows down the skill and makes it less convenient. If pointing out these things make me an elitist scum, fine.

Rc is a skill which requires a lot of time and patience. This update was a straight attack towards it. Luring itself wasn't that big danger as it depended about oneself; it was our own fault if you got lured. Even rules state that it's against the rules and an reportable offense, so people even got warned for it.

edit: I got 90 mining. I know exactly what mining is. I got more xp in it than you got in any skill. Don't come to teach my how slow it actually is. Agility also isn't that bad, it's boring but not relatively slow. With your 33 agility you just can't access the good courses yet. Btw have you tried runecrafting, atm I don't see a character named "happysniff" even being ranked in it.

Like I said, 2 seconds is not forever.

And Happysniff is not my account. Happysniff99 is. And I have 80 agility on that. I merely stole the name Happysniff from my brothers friend, devious as I am.

happysigbp0.jpg

And you my ignorant fellow are an elitest scum. Don't know if I spelt elitist right or spelt 'spelt' right but thats not the point. READ THE REST OF MY POST CAREFULLY NOW:

Slowed down? 2 seconds? Slowest skill? I think not. With the abyss it isn't the slowest. Have you ever been mining or even raised agility?

How is Hohto being elitist? You really think that players who *don't* fall for lures are elite?? Elite is used to indicate the top percentile, not the majority. Whilst personally I think that Jagex are right to try and remove all forms of luring from the game, does it really have to come at such a cost to the average player?

Oh, and for your information:

RC through the abyss (using sup energy pots) is absolute max 25k xp per hour.

Mining = ~40k per hour

Agility = ~45k per hour

So to turn your question upon yourself, have YOU ever rc'd before?

Ditch the Ditch I say.

Mordendravid.png

Wednsday April 25th -

We have updated the wilderness so that in combat; both players must accept the attack. We have also Removed teleblock, and reduced ice barrage's freeze time to 1 second.

In other news, The dragon dagger has been removed from the game, and the combat levels of all monsters have been dropped 30 combat levels.

We have also added 56 more ditches, one for every level of the wilderness, please be aware, there are now 3 confirmation screens before you may jump the ditch.

Happy scaping!

EDIT: Due to recent issues, multi-combat areas have been removed, and clans are now a violation of rule 15

sigsn9.jpg