Ditch in Wilderness?

Midala87

Jagex wrote:

Up at the border to the Wilderness you will notice a small change this week. Far too easily have people mistakenly entered the dangerous lands of the north and so, with spades-united, a ditch has been dug!

You will now find that to enter and exit the wilderness you have to hop over a small ditch (no Agility level required). There's a safe zone just north of the ditch, so you needn't worry about getting over the ditch quickly.

Careful you don't trip!

What do you guys think about the ditch in the wilderness where you have to "hop" over it just to enter/leave?

I personally think it is stupid. Sure, I am not much of a wilderness person but I really do not want to have to click one more time (twice for round trip) just to enter. The pop up warning was enough for me. Why should smart people have to suffer because of idiocy?

I have to go soon but what do you think of this update?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because most people that do play this game are idiots? Most happen to be under the age of 15 as well, but that's another story.

I think this is a great idea to stop luring. It finally makes the wilderness a place of its own, and not just an extension of the world below. This is a great idea on Jagex's part.

it could help with luring,probably all together get rid of it(wilderness luring)... But the pop up should be warning enough, now we'll have to hop a ditch :roll:.

hmm, this is going to make abyss rcing a pain in the butt. having to hop a ditch every trip <.<

maxsig28nv.gif

I think this update is a great idea! Finally, a practical solution to combat the luring scams. It's hardly much effort to click on the ditch if you are used to RCing a lot, or just generally pking. Everybody wins, except the scammers. Which is good :D

~Ian

newsig4ty.jpg

Retired Tip It Moderator | Zybez Radio DJ - Listen Here

Because most people that do play this game are idiots? Most happen to be under the age of 15 as well, but that's another story.

Are you perhaps implying that everyone under the age of 15 is stupid? That's quite a stereotypical view of the younger teenager. We are not all idiots. In fact, there are/have been child geniuses out there, who are in fact more intelligent than some adults. I do know that half of the RuneScape population is made up of annoying, little, immature children, but having such black and white views is rather absurd, don't you think? Posts like this annoy me. It's like profoundly stating that all teenagers cannot converse/type in proper grammar, with absolutely NO evidence to back it up.

Anyway, it is a good update on the whole, but unfortunately there are idiots out there who will still ignore the obvious signs of a lure and follow them over the ditch anyway. At the very least it will cut down luring to a small percentage, but it is still going to occur. And yes, I think Runecrafters will be very happy with this, especially if they are getting followed by a player killer to the Wilderness. Of course, it works even better if that particular player uses melee.

hmm, this is going to make abyss rcing a pain in the butt. having to hop a ditch every trip <.<

Actually no, because now if there's a safezone on the north side of the ditch, it will give Abyss RCers a bit more of a head-start over the pkers there.

i dont understand your point...

no body stop and look around for pkers there, either we spot them on our radar or we just simply dont care and run over them...

Absolutely the best update to the game that Jagex has made this year, possibly with the exception of making luring illegal last month.

Way to go, Jagex!

~q

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

I think it's stupid update, for me at least..

Runecrafting minds as a f2p is a pain in the *** already,

and every click count, but this ditch

slows down the whole thing... the warning signs should be enough..

noobs ignoring the popup warning, do it at their own risk.

If u disagree, let me know why.

Prozac

EDIT: It doesn't stop luring, if the lurers have gained the trust of their victims, they surely can convince them to ignore the warnings...

siggya.th.png

xprozaccx.png

RIP my main Xprozaccx.

Still Dreaming of Farming Cape

Confucius say: "Crowded elevator smell different to a midget" xD

Are you perhaps implying that everyone under the age of 15 is stupid? That's quite a stereotypical view of the younger teenager. We are not all idiots. In fact, there are/have been child geniuses out there, who are in fact more intelligent than some adults. I do know that half of the RuneScape population is made up of annoying, little, immature children, but having such black and white views is rather absurd, don't you think? Posts like this annoy me. It's like profoundly stating that all teenagers cannot converse/type in proper grammar, with absolutely NO evidence to back it up.

Anyway, it is a good update on the whole, but unfortunately there are idiots out there who will still ignore the obvious signs of a lure and follow them over the ditch anyway. At the very least it will cut down luring to a small percentage, but it is still going to occur. And yes, I think Runecrafters will be very happy with this, especially if they are getting followed by a player killer to the Wilderness. Of course, it works even better if that particular player uses melee.

Oh the hypocrisy :roll:

GF TIF.

9 November 2006 - 22 January 2008, when I could no longer stand the painted turd that is the Tip.It community. Only posting in rants.

It stops luring in a couple of ways. For starters, it makes it impossible to exploit bugs to drag people into the wild.

~q

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

Oh the hypocrisy :roll:

You don't usually call teenagers 'children.'

Or are you calling me little, immature, and annoying?

No, its just that you flamed him for steryeotyping, and then stereotyped children yourself. <.<

GF TIF.

9 November 2006 - 22 January 2008, when I could no longer stand the painted turd that is the Tip.It community. Only posting in rants.

No, its just that you flamed him for steryeotyping, and then stereotyped children yourself. <.<

No I didn't. I'm talking about the majority of children in RUNESCAPE and not real life. And before the word children I said 'little, immature, and annoying' meaning as in a kind. The other half consists of well mannered and intelligent adults, teenagers, and indeed children who probably have been playing before the age rule came about.

Actually no, because now if there's a safezone on the north side of the ditch, it will give Abyss RCers a bit more of a head-start over the pkers there.

Not really, it just slows rcing down for us as we have to go over the ditch every trip, it may not be much of a delay but in the long run will add up.

is the fence like the cabbage field? :D

no, it not nonsense, i mean the stile.

gazzy.jpg

Are you sick and tired of people telling you what to put in your sig? So am I. No, don't put this in your sig, you'll be doing what THEY want!

Not really, it just slows rcing down for us as we have to go over the ditch every trip, it may not be much of a delay but in the long run will add up.

Don't forget it's majorly irritating, that's worse than the actual delay.

No I didn't. I'm talking about the majority of children in RUNESCAPE and not real life. And before the word children I said 'little, immature, and annoying' meaning as in a kind. The other half consists of well mannered and intelligent adults, teenagers, and indeed children who probably have been playing before the age rule came about.

Yeh....whatever.

GF TIF.

Could the delay cause a significant price decrease for the amount of money that could be made per hour (if going there mainly for cash of course)? If so, this ditch could be a major blow to Runecrafters. Hm, wonder if anything has happened at the RuneScape website rants forum. :lol: