Ditch in Wilderness?

Midala87

Abyssal Runecrafters (members) and Edgeville route mind crafters (F2P) all hate it.

It will not stop "trust" luring, but it will stop trade dragging (eg. lurer offers trade, then steps across the wilderness line, so accepting the trade causses the victim to follow).

The warning (like the old warning) only appears once, then jumping the ditch is just something you have to do to cross it.

The only good point is that it does mark clearly the start of the wilderness, and avoids the spurious warning that used to occur in Oziach's or the edgeville store - which, of course, then renders the warning useless, as it does not appear again in the same session.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As soon as I had read the update I proceeded to go for quick pk trip on my pure. the ditch did not hinder me in any way. In fact I liked it, especially since it will help with stopping luring as well.

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

[spoiler=Stats:]Updated December 22, 2011:

Total level - 1442 - 170M+ XP , Combat level - 115

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85

I have a feeling that this will change edgy and varrock pking, as you haev to jump over something to get back into non-wildy.

You don't. The area just north of the ditch is non-Wild.

~q

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

The one second delay means nothing when you enter the abyss.

Once you enter the abyss, you are randomly transported near any entrance to the center. Then depending on what entrance to the center you want to go to, you must find it. Then you must attempt to enter it. Depending on your luck. It could take 30+ seconds. Once you enter the middle, you must find the nature gate etc.

Therefore making that one second non visible and non affective.

Just to clear up future arguments..

What do you guys think about the ditch in the wilderness where you have to "hop" over it just to enter/leave?

I personally think it is stupid. Sure, I am not much of a wilderness person but I really do not want to have to click one more time (twice for round trip) just to enter. The pop up warning was enough for me. Why should smart people have to suffer because of idiocy?

I have to go soon but what do you think of this update?

well jagex only made that update since most newbie players were tricked into getting in the wilderness basically lured and apparently this prevents lurring but i still dont see how it will do it :-k

someone plz answer this question plz

totallvl900ge9.jpg

Woot! Got total lvl 900 in f2p!

Hmm, this is a nice idea. All I think it needs is a way to fill parts of it back up with dirt. This will make it more liked by runecrafters. You could still have that lure protection for the people who want it, but for the people who don' they don't need it.

tfssig.png

Jagex wrote:

Up at the border to the Wilderness you will notice a small change this week. Far too easily have people mistakenly entered the dangerous lands of the north and so, with spades-united, a ditch has been dug!

You will now find that to enter and exit the wilderness you have to hop over a small ditch (no Agility level required). There's a safe zone just north of the ditch, so you needn't worry about getting over the ditch quickly.

Careful you don't trip!

What do you guys think about the ditch in the wilderness where you have to "hop" over it just to enter/leave?

I personally think it is stupid. Sure, I am not much of a wilderness person but I really do not want to have to click one more time (twice for round trip) just to enter. The pop up warning was enough for me. Why should smart people have to suffer because of idiocy?

I have to go soon but what do you think of this update?

Agreed, in my opinion that dicth is stupid... It make the wilderness look all wierd and lame... Is annoying when I go in and pk... you have to click to go in the wild. No point for a ditch... the whole point for a ditch is because of dumb people that got lured and lose couple of millions..

Like one time someone pm me "I'll sell you a whip for 700k"... I knew it was a lure, but I want to see what they gonna do next. I came and he got a friend to ice burst me; however, it missed and i ran out. I didn't bring any money, I was just wondering what they were gonna do..

~BOMB

I think that it's a great idea, avoids luring, adds that extra 'Danger!' impact, and makes for great jumping screen-shots :D

It's not 'that' much extra hassle for RuneCrafters and stuff, just one little click.

017mistymaple0112textis2.png

Thanks Choas for the Avatar and Petry for the sig (You know who you are) :)

Optimistic Elder in Runescape's only cult, The Order of Cabbage.

i missed reading the notice so when i went to pk i saw people jumping over a ditch. here i am thinking"what the :-s ?" the i tried to cross. ahhhhhh..... this is a great idea! :thumbsup:

Rip, you unlucky 33

ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâë{}{ (fishing) ----|| (smithing) o---->(Crafting) ;-)

bannerbancocopiadj3.jpg

Oh,[cabbage]

I reaaalllly hate the wildy ditch. I hat it hate it hate it hate it. They even took away the fence in varrok! I always used the fence, it made shoolw multi combat more interesting, cus it gave rangers the upper hand, if used right

Generally when i throw up i would rather not have it in my mouth :-X

It's not that big of a slow down to rcing.

However, the "ditch" looks very poorly made. It appears that my character could easilly step over it. They should make it one square wider and much deeper. Maybe even add in some [bleep]es at the bottom of it with the occasional skull and skeleton. (It is the wilderness after all)

therealdealseelmealbugyn3.png

We tried using an abyssal whip to 'suggest' they work faster

Me as a f2per hates it because it just looks [bleep]ing ugly and u couldnt get lured in f2p anyway. It also takes 3 squares away from lvl 1 wildy wich is now only 2 squares long <.<

Anyway most of the people that got lured knew they were in the wildy but they felt safe because it was lvl 1 and no one was there that could attack them(or so they thought #-o).

In conclusion people will still get lured, some types of lures may not work anymore though.

For f2p rcing (northern route) the difference is more then one click..

without the ditch, when comming from edgy u just went east till u come to the northeastern part of Ice Mountain. before the ditch all u had to do was click the area notrh of black knight's fortress, making your character go around, saving 3-4clicks..now with the ditch notrh of edgy,at the western entrance to Ice Mountain, and just north of mind altar..

Abyss rcers really don't have alot to complain, compared to f2pers taking the northern route(like myself)

//just to let u know :-k

siggya.th.png

xprozaccx.png

RIP my main Xprozaccx.

Still Dreaming of Farming Cape

Confucius say: "Crowded elevator smell different to a midget" xD

its annoying, and it probably wont help anyone. another reason it's bad is that the lvl 1 wilderness has been shortened, and most ppl like to pk there. in fact, many people don't notice this, and accidentally move to lvl 2 wild, where they could be attacked. this happens a lot with lower lvled pkers.

I like the idea of the ditch, it just looks so... pathetic, if they made it deeper and put some [bleep]es or something in it then it would look cool

Piscis_Rex.png

99.99999998465% of the world's population is not me, if you are the 0.00000001535% that is me, put this in you signature

-"being famous is like being a woman, if you have to tell people you are, you aren't"

I don't know if this has been said before, but if you follow someone near the wildy and your internet laggs or you do alt+f4 or something, you're not able to follow someone into the wildy, right?

That's pretty nice :)

getfirefoxmo6.gif

if they haven't already, they should now remove the pop-up. It's useless now that you gotta hop a ditch.