Which Skill Takes The Most Gold To Actually Buy Outright

Phyrexial

I see alot of thread about "buyable" 99's, but which skill outright costs the most to buy. I boiled it down to a few, but I could be wrong seeing how we are fortuante enough to have some great players on tip.it I would like to hear how much they paid to buy the skill, here is what I think the most expensive to buy and my reason why.

Herblore- high level herbs cost 1000's of gold each along with vials going at 200 each these days thats not even counting the secondary ingredients.

Smithing- Ahh yes the old gold bar method or the 600k for 1k steel bar way, I heard Empror1 say he spent a phat to buy smithing and he was already in the 80's at that point

Crafting- I don't think it's as much as the others but it deserves and honorable mention dhide prices went down alot over the years

Construction- Less we forget the millions this cost I would say this is between 1 to 3 on the most expensive easy

Runecrafting- If you don't count the money you make from nats it actually takes 1.5 million ess almost for 99 ess prices were steady around 80-100 gp each that turns out to be a really expensive skill

Farming- The high level tree seeds cost hundreds of 1000's each not to mention some trees can die this can turn out to cost alot

Prayer- Due to the guilded alter this skill takes about 60 million still a considerable amount but nothing to what it would be without it

Magic- High alchemy makes you not lose money, but it takes about 200k hi alchs to get 99 mage natures at 300 each would be 600 million to buy this skill so if you used natures in the mage arena this skill would actually be the most expensive

Lets hear all of your opinions I think it would be fun to get a nice thread about this something to read while I Fish or Cook

Arma Hilts-2

Bandos Drops-22

Zamork Hilt-1

Dragon Drops-122

Dk Drops-47

Whip Drops-10

99's-Herblore/Prayer/Fletching/Crafting/Constitution

2200 Total in under 100 days played

My Blog :D http://forum.tip.it/topic/301717-jessomephyrexials-blog/#entry5018330

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Herblore - not that bad on the wallet if u buy unids cheap and buy right ones to resale. Lots of free vials in the barrows in a crowded world lol.

Smithy - Very expensive to buy bars only suggestion maybe collect them at brimhaven for free if u fast runner with anti-dragon shield since no one picks them up lol.

Construction - U can get all the free planks u want at Barb Outpost or killing undead lumberjacks lol.

Prayer - Only cheap way to get bones is maybe go to Taverly and trade hides for bones or food for bones. etc

Farming - Chop lots of trees with rabbits foot and get ur own tree seeds, or grow herbs since daggonoths drop seeds like crazy. My kingdom gives u lots of seeds as well if u grow herbs and maples.

mbrun.gif

Barrows Drops: Guthan's platelegs and War Spear, Dharok's plate body and Great Axe, Verac's Flail, Verac's Helm x 2, Ahrim's top, Dharok's plate legs

Dragon Drops: Medium Helm x 4, Shield Left Half, plate legs x 2, skirt x 2.

Hunt the giant Mole and trade hides and claws for nests, VERY nice seeds. (Farming)

same with managing your kingdom. I made back what I spent JUST ON THE SEEDS ALONE, so the other materials can be sold for a profit. Thats why I think farming can be very cheaply trained.

i believe your prayer calculations are wrong, it takes about 82 mil using d bones.

No wonder I am broke and still don't own a phat. :lol: ( kidding )

My guess would be construction. That will be my last 99 to get

because when I go for 99 construction I am decking my house

out at the same time. ::'

queenvalerie.png

Eh, some of those skills you just sell the items you made right back, either with a good profit, break even, or possibly worse off. Construction or Prayer. You really couldn't make money off those skills unless you gave tours of you house or prayed for cash. Both of which seem like terrible ideas.

61784167.jpg

What most people don't get about the intent of this thread is that I believe that we aren't looking for the CHEAP ways to train unless they are also the FASTEST ways to train. Farming, I think if you use kingdom and maples, you can get PLENTY of seeds that its near the fastest method for mostly free.

However, if you just buy, the higher level seeds costs a ton for little profit on trees.

I think herblore is the winner, if you buy all the herbs unid even, and id and sell all but ones you plan on using, and then buy the seconds.

I don't really know, but construction wins in my book, because the ONLY fast method requires TONS of money.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

I'm going to go with construction. There are no reasonable cheap ways. When I say this, I am excluding the insane ways that would take years to achieve level 99 (i.e. picking up planks at the plank spawn). When I got to level 99 construction, I used what I would consider the most reasonable method in terms of time vs money. It cost me about 125m gp using oak planks. Buying or making your own planks is the only reasonable way to go about this skill, and it is in no way cheap.

There are a few other expensive skills, but they all have other, cheaper ways to go about doing it. For prayer, sure you could buy 50k dragon bones for 80m or so... and even that is cheaper than 99 construction already. But you could also kill dragons for it. Yes, it will take longer, but it is still reasonable and has been done before.

For herblore, sure you could go out and buy tens of thousands of dwarf weeds and lants. But you could also farm your herbs and buy unIDs, use the ones you want and sell the rest. Sometimes people even make a profit off that, by combining those two methods.

As for farming, there is an expensive way to do it. You could buy all your tree and fruit tree seeds, plant them, then do something else while they grow. But you could also set up your kingdom so that you get a fair amount of tree and fruit tree seeds for free. On top of that, you could buy herb seeds, plant them and sell the herbs for profit.

So unless you're planning on spending the next two years of your life collecting planks from spawns or building hundreds of thousands of ponds, there is no cheap option for leveling construction that will not consume your life.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

alching to 99 costs 60m not 600m =D>

And if you fletch the longs you actually profit off it.

If you buy the longs at the average price 99 mage only costs 30m.

Most expensive skill to buy outright by the fastest method to me is smithing, 99 con can be done in a few weeks, so to do smithing in an equivilant time you would have to do rune bars = 15k each.

Construction takes 72M I believe? Or is it more?

Some ppl say it takes 100-150m. Maybe I'm wrong,but I seem to recall reading that someplace.

perfect grammar is one thing, typing like a drugged monkey and enjoying it is another

AMEN!

Construction takes 72M I believe? Or is it more?

I think tripsis spent 100m+ for 99 con

Dude, you're an idiot #-o
Dude, your feeble attempt at an insult is hilarious.

... You can tell JAGeX is British - No common sense. :notalk:
Supportmage:Quick Robin,to the roflcopter!

It depends on what you mean by how much it costs. You could spend hundreds of millions on prayer, just burying the bones without a gilded alter. Hundreds of millions on construction, also, making the best thing you can (imagine gilded alters from for a couple levels!). But, by doing it the cheapest way i'd say the most expensive is construction.

I'd agree with construction. It's really lived up to the hopes of Jagex I'm thinking lol. Average of like 125m to get to level 99 (don't forget the infamous Cursed You, he stated he spent over 1 BILLION to be the first to level 99. Keep in mind he was valued at over 25b at the time lol.) The only way I'll go after 99 construction is after I've achieved 91 runecrafting and get a Yellow Partyhat out of it. All my other money will go towards skills. Other top money-draining skills would possibly be smithing, prayer, and (depending on how you train it. 1.5m essence... yikes) runecrafting. Although I might put agility and mining in there, maybe not money-draining but certainly soul-sucking. :lol:

Slack_Tide.png

Smithing costs some 120mil... No skills seem to cost really much these days though, prayer used to cost upwards to ~500mil back in the days of no guilded altar, etc.