Weekly Poll: Would you continue to play RuneScape if...

Kiara_Kat

This week's poll, Would you continue to play RuneScape if Jagex stopped updating it? is up on the main Tip.It website, please be sure to vote before the poll closes. If you'd like to discuss the poll topic, or talk about the poll results so far, this is the place to do it.

Remember, the SEARCH button is your friend. Use it!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't play for the updates... I figure that, if I can play today and have fun, an update tomorrow isn't gonna change it too much, good or bad.

I agree with this. I mean, yeah I'll keep playing for a while, but eventually it'll get a bit boring and I'll stop playing eventually...

f475e02ecc.png

don't worry, you are going to "hell" anyway. wanna race to see who gets there first?

Officially reached 100 Combat at 1:33PM EST, June 14, 2007

First Dragon Drop: Dragon Chain (Dust Devils) @ 10:48PM EST, July 14, 2008, lv113 combat

I wouldnt quit right now.. but Runescape would be less.. Runescape. The great thing in this game is thats its am ever changing world, and we always have something interesting to look forward to.

I also have the feeling fansites would become slowly deserted if this would happen, peoples would refocuss more on smaller groups on persons... :(

So I would eventually quit.

Quest cape obtained at combat level 83, march 07.

Well the voting thing doesnt seem to be working for me. (its showing last weeks)

But I would still play, but I would get really bored because there would be less posts on the forums to look at while I am wood cutting.

If TB@JT decided to stop updating the game, it'd probably not affect me too much. If i've gone a little over 2 years as an f2p'er with 2 major f2p updates in that time, i dont think having no updates will be much of a difference.

DISCLAIMER: in no way am i complaining or whining about F2P and "how crappy it is" which it isn't! all i'm saying is that having no updates compared to one update per year isn't much of a difference and I doubt it will affect me.

And if i do somehow get bored, i'll just end up buying a membership. The only reason i haven't become a member yet is because I'm still completely content with the current f2p game. After getting P2P, that'll last at least a few years before i can get even remotely bored, because there is SOOOOOOO much more unexplored (by me) things to do.

truevamopcopynh4.gif

When I Have It, It's the World's. When I Don't Have It, The World Is Mine.

I'd eventually quit, but I'd quit eventually anyways. I'm f2p, and don't plan to change that so I don't get many updates anyways. Nowadays I just play for the friends I've made in game.

4mu2n3o.jpg

taking a break

+1 to all of the answers above, i feel that i may eventually quit after the updates stop, but in the meantime, id consider doing things like pking and other serious ever-changing aspects of the game

Thesmallone9.gif

If TB@JT decided to stop updating the game, it'd probably not affect me too much. If i've gone a little over 2 years as an f2p'er with 2 major f2p updates in that time, i dont think having no updates will be much of a difference.

DISCLAIMER: in no way am i complaining or whining about F2P and "how crappy it is" which it isn't! all i'm saying is that having no updates compared to one update per year isn't much of a difference and I doubt it will affect me.

And if i do somehow get bored, i'll just end up buying a membership. The only reason i haven't become a member yet is because I'm still completely content with the current f2p game. After getting P2P, that'll last at least a few years before i can get even remotely bored, because there is SOOOOOOO much more unexplored (by me) things to do.

you took the words right out of my mouth

ryansigfp8.pngMSSW2sig.png

.signature your as this use backwards this read to enough smart were you If

I wouldnt mind...that much but once i had compleated all my goles the game would be boring and eventually I would quit (However i hope jagex will keep on updating the game)

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

I would keep playing for a few months, but I think it would start to get boring after a while. Without updates, RuneScape would actually have an end, making it like any other video game. I wouldn't quit forever, but I would probably play a lot less, and I would probably be less motivated to train my character.

I would play until all quests where done and all skills reached 99, after that I would probably quit because it would become boring cause there would be no goal to reach and play for, at least not for me. But I can hope something like that will not happen for a while.

Current goal: Getting enough prayer pots to finish my last four quests.

Come to the dark side. We have cookies and flashlights.

jt+mirage.png

Following on from this poll, and ignoring F2Pers (since we don't really count) ... if Jagex stop releasing updates, would you continue to pay for membership?

WARNING: Prone to ramble ... but you probably already know that!

truffoo.png

1% F2P : 99% RL

well it would suck not having updates. but i would keep playing. id want all 99 in skills... wat ever else there would b 2 do... but i would get bored. theres nothing 2 do once uve gotten 100% at everything. they keep updating so no1 can 100% complete the game, which would happen if they stopped updating it.

but i think there should of been 1 more option:

yes, but join everyone else in getting it back up and updating. join the rebellion aginst the loss of RuneScape! :P

stealthisandikillyoucc3.gif

^Click for my Newgrounds page!

Jedrek13.png