Weekly Poll: Would you continue to play RuneScape if...

Kiara_Kat

Being F2p, it wouldn't be much of a change for me. Updates are great to keep forums going and what-not, but nowadays I play mostly for the friends anyway. :D

~Zanty

I could not have said it better myself. Without the friends I have made, I wouldn't be playing today, anyway.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as a f2p'er i get a yearly update of once or twice a year. i've played before several times in a member world, and with all the things to do, i'm sure you wouldn't get bored for a couple months or so. but with all the new quests that come out and skills, some p2pers would become extremely bored

Nairb168.gif

Retired from runescape. I will be on every now and then though. :)

I still have a lot of quests to complete, skills to advance, and items to obtain. So, yes I would keep playing. If I ever got to the point where I had 99 in every skill, had completed every quest, and had every item I wanted, then maybe I would quit but that would take a very long time.

Pixeloaded.jpg

updates don't want to make me play.i play because i like the game and hey if they do take updates off, they might make the game downalodable and it may get private offline servers which i always wanted sometimes so I can kill greaters alone with my best armors and stuff and not worry about dying :D

96326962oz5.th.jpg

I picked the first one, but it's not entirely true. I think that I wouldn't get bored, as most of what I do is already in the game, however it would still affect me, since I like the updates. I'm kind of in between the first two options.....

Blooblyblobl.gif

Legends quest completed at lvl 47 on X Legendre X

#3056 to 99 firemaking, achieved on July 4th, 2007.

Tied for #1854 to 99 farming, achieved on September 3rd, 2008.

I personally won't quit until my name is just above Zezima's on the high scores list. :lol:

4774_e3d1ea.png

I'm a married mother that plays RuneScape. Got a problem with that?

Of all the updates jagex released since I became member there where only a few that I really liked.

So yes I would keep on playing and I don't think I get bored easily since I played f2p for like 2 years with almost no updates.

krikke321.png

Computers will never be above humans because we made them.

That's what monkeys used to say about us.

I would only change it when I beat all the quests and did all the quests and got every rare there is to get or I just get really bored because I played up all my time. But anyway, I wouldnt really mind because I don't play all that much anymore (maybe once very few weeks).

Kaisershami.png

Kaisershami.png

meorkunderscore-1.jpg

Indeed I would keep playing, with updates or not, The game is still Fun, even if I get (someday) all skills to level 99, and all the expensive stuff, the game is still fun, because you can play Mini-Games, chat with people and stuff.

For F2Ps, they could PK all day, you don't get bored of getting expensive (For F2P) stuff all day.

_p3_minato_arisato_signature__by_x0sandylicious0x-d3hnk6v.png

I think it's a little hard to believe the people who say they would keep playing no matter what. I mean, sure, RS is a great game, and I'd keep playing for a little while, but eventually, a game without updates is gonna get boring. One of the things that makes RS such a good game is the frequent updates.

Sides, if they stopped updating, we'd never see the end of the 15+ quest series they have us on.

I would play it, but with no updates it would definately get very boring when you've finished it. :wall:

I dont need a siggy no moar.

I think it's a little hard to believe the people who say they would keep playing no matter what. I mean, sure, RS is a great game, and I'd keep playing for a little while, but eventually, a game without updates is gonna get boring. One of the things that makes RS such a good game is the frequent updates.

Sides, if they stopped updating, we'd never see the end of the 15+ quest series they have us on.

I only get graphical for the most part anyway, being F2P and all, so if they stopped updating that I would never notice.

Updates usually don't affect me. I will read about them, yes, but more often than not, they don't interest me... *too many new quests :shock: *

There should be some updates to skills that alot of people don't care for, like Construction (Another sawmill, FTW :wink: ), or some things to wear that increase EXP in a certain skill, like the Lumberjack set for Woodcutting.

But what do I know? XD

Zelos_1826.gif

zelos_1826.png

I think id keep playing. I mean, I'm not usually a high enough level to USE the updates, so whatever. But I think a lot of people would quit, and that in itself would make it less fun. This does not seem like much of a poll does it? Another thing, I could still play until I was like 99 every skill or something but...it would not have the same attraction.

Hope that never, EVER happens,

Bettola2

I forgot I was absent-minded

Yes I'll still play. However, I have to say that not updating the game at all is quite harsh there. I seriously wouldn't mind decent updates monthly or once per 2 months. Totally not updating it at all is like killing the game.

Strangely with WotLK so near, I wished I could delay it a bit to push through that last TBC content in MH/BT :'(.

I would definately like it! All the whining kids would quit after a few months and it'd be mature players again :D . Plus the market wouldn't ever change in price (except for rares). And it would give me time to catch up on everything I've been meaning to do :thumbsup: .

TETsig.jpeg

YOU! ATTEND TET EVENTS! CLICK HERE!

I am a F2P. I don't get updates ANYWAY besides every few weeks they update the way rats look... figures you get what you pay for. I played F2P for years and it never sucked. It was cool when runescape 2 came out though I was like wow I can run now.

Make sure to be pleased with the ways of your death

For in days of reckoning and when the twilight torn is ticking

Elysium is halfway and as an answer to the plea

You're destined to yield fragments of Hell in return