Anti-More ftp bankspace thread!

lauren1211

Ok, Personally, i think f2p Does deserve a bit more bankspace, or at least the following:

In f2p, member items do not take up bankspace. Many players have some untradable items they do not wish to drop (eg. lunar's, tokkul, greegree's, ect)

So, if they had 10 member items in their bank, they get 10 more spaces. This would only have effect on 20 items, so f2p cant packrat everything :D

And, say if f2p does get more bankspace. Does that really hurt anyone? what would that take, like, 100 kb space lol?

And yes, the add's do pay for f2p. Approx 200k ppl who are not autos/sweetshoppers play f2p. if 1 in 100 ppl click on that add, thats 2000 people. And many of those ppl, will click on in many times. so say, thats 5000 adds checked out.And around 100k ppl just look at the add's too. I've no idea what add's cost, but prolly around $500.00 at the least. And thats EACH. Theres around 10 add's, so thats $5000.00. I think that pays for f2p. :D

And also, if f2p gets 12 more spaces, mabye mem can too?

No mem would say

Z0mG!!!! F2p, gets 12 more spaces! im quitting mem str8 away!

F2P could get 12 spaces and probably P2P could get 24 or something?

Ah, I just remembered. I was browsing the old news and saw that a few years ago members got 48 bankspaces. Woah.

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

P2P deserve more bank space as we pay (well my sub runs out today but I did pay). F2P don't. They don't contribute (the ads can't bring in as much money as P2P and it's not coming out of your pocket). Also a lot of F2P player forget because they get so much free, the game for them is only a demo. And a very extensive demo too where most of smithing and mining is F2P. Jagex wants people to subscribe (it's a business), there's only so much hard drive space they'll give free. Jagex could lose money if they allow too much bank space for F2P players especially as 5 million or more proberly play free.

RSN: Kingdom196.

P2P deserve more bank space as we pay (well my sub runs out today but I did pay). F2P don't. They don't contribute (the ads can't bring in as much money as P2P and it's not coming out of your pocket). Also a lot of F2P player forget because they get so much free, the game for them is only a demo. And a very extensive demo too where most of smithing and mining is F2P. Jagex wants people to subscribe (it's a business), there's only so much hard drive space they'll give free. Jagex could lose money if they allow too much bank space for F2P players especially as 5 million or more proberly play free.

How can F2P get more bank space than members with just twelve extra slots? :-s

Plus, what is that going to do to members? Absolutely nothing... If you're so uptight about it, then let JAGeX give both members and F2P more bank space at the same time..

j0xPu5R.png

You, my "friend" are not the only one who payed. I too, sometimes mem up for a breif period (1-3 months) then go f2p. And once again, what does giving f2p 12 more spaces of space do to mems?

And as i said above, we DO pay for f2p, yet it doesnt come outta our pockets. Jagex's sponsers pay for it. If say, 100 people quit for some reason, thats 100 people less viewing the add. Eventully, the companys will figure out whats happening, and wont want add's displayed. There goes the $5000.00+ JaGex could be making from f2p...

this could happen, but then again, what are the chances. 100/5,000,000 quit.

WOW!!!! Big difference. Besides, the ADs will always be tehre...

Owned_Nex.png

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.

I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.

PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.

My keyboard is on fire. Want some?

I don't see why a free player like myself can't even have the last row filled in, even if only people over a certain level (say cb 70, total 800) get it. I have never seen any people over that kind of level whine, beg or make a bot account.

draciontheman.png

"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

I never mentioned anything about 12 extra spaces. Don't put words in my month and have a go at me over something I never said. I don't even know where people got the 12 extra spaces from. Maybe previous posts but I never mentioned anything like that. I was thinking of a lot more, although now you got me thinking about that, 12 x 5 million free players or more = a hell of a lot of server space. Remember it is just a demo, not a full game. People forget that.

RSN: Kingdom196.

I don't even know where people got the 12 extra spaces from.

12 spaces is filling in the current row and adding another.

draciontheman.png

"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

I was thinking of a lot more, although now you got me thinking about that, 12 x 5 million free players or more = a hell of a lot of server space.

It would be 2GB max to add that many bank spaces. Unless Jagex uses some extremely inefficient code.

Tetsuya.png

2gb max? for all of the millions of ftpers? i don't know that much about java programming but that can't possibly be right - that's like 50+ million bank spaces (12 spaces for 4-5 million people)

has anyone considered the possibility that lauren1211 is homosexual? anyone, anyone at all?

Oh, come on. You P2Ps got 48 more spaces some years ago and don't want to F2P to have 12? Seriously, though, Jagex does need to please their players, but not much, otherwise it'd take membership outta their minds. We don't pay, we MAKE the ads pay. And there's nearly 10 times more F2Ps than members. Count, that's more, even if it's a dollar only. Quit trying to be snobs, life can go to hell and freeze. Though 12 is MUCH, I'd like just 4 more, just to complete that damn row.

Oh, come on. You P2Ps got 48 more spaces some years ago and don't want to F2P to have 12? Seriously, though, Jagex does need to please their players, but not much, otherwise it'd take membership outta their minds. We don't pay, we MAKE the ads pay. And there's nearly 10 times more F2Ps than members. Count, that's more, even if it's a dollar only. Quit trying to be snobs, life can go to hell and freeze. Though 12 is MUCH, I'd like just 4 more, just to complete that damn row.

+1

I can't see how a member can have something against f2p getting bankspace... if 'we' are getting more bankspace I'm pretty sure members will also get some, probably even more :uhh:

And to the people saying it will require to much database space, I don't think a $50 harddrive is going to be the downfall of a multi-million corporation like Jagex. <.<

Th3_C4bb4g3.png

Th3_C4bb4g3.png

Th3_C4bb4g3.png

- Back to casual f2p scaping due to limited time (university and girlfriend <3:) -

+1

I can't see how a member can have something against f2p getting bankspace... if 'we' are getting more bankspace I'm pretty sure members will also get some, probably even more :uhh:

And to the people saying it will require to much database space, I don't think a $50 harddrive is going to be the downfall of a multi-million corporation like Jagex. <.<

+2 (to you)

Just because they are the "supreme" players, they think we don't deserve even if they get it better. And please, F2P isn't a demo. That has been settled some time ago. Play a demo like BioShock or something and tell me if F2P is like that. If it was a demo, there'd be a lev... Damn, I'm not explaining this again. Just it isn't and done.

2gb max? for all of the millions of ftpers? i don't know that much about java programming but that can't possibly be right - that's like 50+ million bank spaces (12 spaces for 4-5 million people)

That's giving about 40 bytes for a single space for a single player. It could be easily done if coded properly.

Tetsuya.png

• 2 weeks later...

Z0MG! I N33D 12 M0R3 B4NK SP4C3S T0 ST0R3 19 R4ND0M 1T3MZ!

---

Uh, wow. No matter what you do for f2p, they're going to want more. I got 3 posts deleted because I said that they were [developmentally delayed]ed for wanting to store all random event items, all kinds of ore, fish, and have about 30 weapons in their bank. I mean theres no point, the only reason you would "need" bank space would be if you were an ex-member.

And I am a part of F2P, theres no reason to hand bank space out like candy.

Z0MG! I N33D 12 M0R3 B4NK SP4C3S T0 ST0R3 19 R4ND0M 1T3MZ!

---

Uh, wow. No matter what you do for f2p, they're going to want more. I got 3 posts deleted because I said that they were [developmentally delayed] for wanting to store all random event items, all kinds of ore, fish, and have about 30 weapons in their bank. I mean theres no point, the only reason you would "need" bank space would be if you were an ex-member.

And I am a part of F2P, theres no reason to hand bank space out like candy.

Stop stereotyping F2P as stupid 1337 users.

Ah, shut your mouth. You'd want to bank random event stuff, wouldn't you, since sometimes the ones that give clothes are rare? Ore, I'd say coal and something at max. There could be some iron and some other high level ore, but they don't occupy much space. To hell with fish. Just get lobsters and you're good for a whole quest (medium ones like DS) and for "that-word"'s sake, F2P keeps just a main weapon (Rune Scimmy) and Pkers have a 2h.

What we shouldn't keep is extra tools (fishing stuff, pots, buckets), holiday items (really, I've learned. Diango helps alot here), and low-level things like bronze stuff or tin and copper (though I have a nearly-full iron set I forged).

If you're F2P and say F2P's are mentally delayed, that doesn't make you mentally delayed as well?

I don't know why P2Ps care much for F2P updates, those updates won't make anything bad for them and they can still use them. And Jagex could try this trick: 12 spaces for F2P, 24 for members. I'd guess they'd get happy. Members once got 48 spaces and (some) hate that F2P don't get even one?