Should a members only skill be opened up to f2p?

doswillrule

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, it could be a good idea to bring some fresh enjoyment in the game but what about the greedy members?

Please don't generalize all members its just as bad as when F2P get's generalized.

I THINK they were referring only to the greedier portion of the members, and not saying all members are greedy. I could be wrong, but that is how I read it.

ya, i think it should. maybe thieving or somthing. as you said, onlyvery limitedly. i can only be a member a small part of the year, so it really ticksme off when i cant ge my skills up as a ftp, and it rushes me forth few nonths a year that i am...

support

Of course, if Jagex thinks that F2Pers have enough, I won't really mind. (I'm F2P.) I feel that F2Pers have more than enough to do in the world.

Although, personally, I would like least one skill to be opened up, it would break up the monotony in F2P. :D

My Blog

Join the Campaign for more F2P Bank Space!

[bleep], my parrot has better grammar than you.

4z9pgcp.gif

I have come up with a compromise to this situation. Why not open up all the skills that you can make items on, but make all the end products still members only that are not already free-to-play. I think that would be temptation enough for quite a few to go over to members. Yes, I am FTP and I do already have enough to do as it is.

Or how about this situation....

They could open up very specific items that are so rarely used in members, but would still be useful on FTP.

Quote - Revenge is such a nasty thing that only breeds more vengeful souls, but in some situations revenge does not even need to be sought out, but only bided.

Idk sounds like more f2pers wanting updates. I think if a skill was opened up it would be slayer and would not include any p2p monsters. f2pers would just get slayer assignments of f2p monsters. That would be done to just give suggestions to f2pers for what they should be training on. It would be very slow to train on f2p.

whatcolor_isblue.jpg[r]

Honestly it's not needed. But if anything I would say agility would be the logical choice.

agility cant be used or they would scale the fally broken wall into taverly. the f2p's would invade us!

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

Of course, if Jagex thinks that F2Pers have enough, I won't really mind. (I'm F2P.) I feel that F2Pers have more than enough to do in the world.

Although, personally, I would like least one skill to be opened up, it would break up the monotony in F2P. :D

Problem is, that skill will become monotonous after a while and you can't keep giving them something to break the monotony. Eventually everything will be F2P and alot of the skills require opening up new members only areas.

Pgkhqob.jpg

Proud Tip.It Moderator December 07 - October 2009
Proud TETAU Member 2006 - 2007 <3
"I had a standing agreement with god. I'd agree to believe in him, barely, so long as he let me sleep in on Sundays." - Rose Hathaway
[ Posting & You ] [ Forum Rules ] [ Next Tetau Event ]

Yeah, this seems to be the opinion of most people when concerning the addition of p2p features to f2p. May I remind you that some people truly can't afford the $5 (ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã3.20 in my case) or aren't allowed to become members. And I stick with farming, although I'm open to other suggestions.

I'm sorry, I work hard for my money - And the idea of someone else getting something for free that I worked for, doesn't sit right with me.

Sure, I know ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã3.20 isn't a huge bite out of my paycheck - But it's almost an hours work. An hour's work I'd rather not spend serving beer to smelly, drunk, balding men. If I can put in the effort, why can't someone else?

Please, don't tell me that these kid's can't afford ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã3.20? RuneScape is for years 13+, correct? Go get a paper round, mow lawns, walk dogs, rake gardens or even save 25p off your school lunch money each day. Whatever.

'Aren't allowed to become members?'

That's an issue the child has to take up with the parent. Not Jadex.

Either way - Your parent's know best. Maybe you should play less RS?

:roll:

Maybe i'm being a little harsh - But this is a personal irritation of mine.

Oh yeah - I'm anti-giving-welfare-to-24-year-old-drunks-who-have-never worked-a-day-in-their-life also. Get a job.

- Gid.

I couldn't agree more.

2257AD.TUMBLR.COM

Yeah, this seems to be the opinion of most people when concerning the addition of p2p features to f2p. May I remind you that some people truly can't afford the $5 (ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã3.20 in my case) or aren't allowed to become members. And I stick with farming, although I'm open to other suggestions.

I'm sorry, I work hard for my money - And the idea of someone else getting something for free that I worked for, doesn't sit right with me.

Sure, I know ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã3.20 isn't a huge bite out of my paycheck - But it's almost an hours work. An hour's work I'd rather not spend serving beer to smelly, drunk, balding men. If I can put in the effort, why can't someone else?

Please, don't tell me that these kid's can't afford ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã3.20? RuneScape is for years 13+, correct? Go get a paper round, mow lawns, walk dogs, rake gardens or even save 25p off your school lunch money each day. Whatever.

'Aren't allowed to become members?'

That's an issue the child has to take up with the parent. Not Jadex.

Either way - Your parent's know best. Maybe you should play less RS?

:roll:

Maybe i'm being a little harsh - But this is a personal irritation of mine.

Oh yeah - I'm anti-giving-welfare-to-24-year-old-drunks-who-have-never worked-a-day-in-their-life also. Get a job.

- Gid.

well said, if anything f2p should be more restricted than it already is, f2p get way more than enough updates (any at all.)

Honestly it's not needed. But if anything I would say agility would be the logical choice.

agility cant be used or they would scale the fally broken wall into taverly. the f2p's would invade us!

No, obviously Jagex would not allow that to happen... :|

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

[spoiler=Stats:]Updated December 22, 2011:

Total level - 1442 - 170M+ XP , Combat level - 115

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85

They could just make it unusable. Like the gate to Taverly.

Tetsuya.png

They could just make it unusable. Like the gate to Taverly.

People would complain about the fact they've trained this skill only to not use it.

Not to mention I am almost positive there aren't any agility training places in the F2P map. Correct me if im wrong.

Pgkhqob.jpg

Proud Tip.It Moderator December 07 - October 2009
Proud TETAU Member 2006 - 2007 <3
"I had a standing agreement with god. I'd agree to believe in him, barely, so long as he let me sleep in on Sundays." - Rose Hathaway
[ Posting & You ] [ Forum Rules ] [ Next Tetau Event ]

People would complain about the fact they've trained this skill only to not use it.

Not to mention I am almost positive there aren't any agility training places in the F2P map. Correct me if im wrong.

They can still use it elsewhere, so their complaints would be unmerited. And as far as I know, you are correct on your second point. That is one of two reasons I don't support opening up agility to F2P.

They can still use it elsewhere, so their complaints would be unmerited. And as far as I know, you are correct on your second point. That is one of two reasons I don't support opening up agility to F2P.
Fair enough. I just figured it would be good because even in free worlds members can reap benefits from this skill in the form of more stamina.

I assume if they really wanted to, jagex could make an underground agility course accessible on f2p servers though.

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85

Should a members only skill be opened up to f2p? NO

If it does then Jagex is pretty much sabotaging its own creation, plainly idiotic play of strategy.

Of course on the other hand the addition of more content to f2p gives new players a better impression of the game which in turn increases the number of members, it can roll both ways. :wink: :-w

There would still be 7 more members only skills to entice players to buy membership. (not to mention thousands of items and other content)

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

I just think that opening up something like farming, which f2p members could get access to with the farming patches in f2p, would give a taster of the members world

Can't we use that analogy for something else? Like mining for example. Mining could be a P2P only skill that's shared with F2P in it's F2P area.

So if farming became F2P, it'd just be considered another F2P skill and joining members gives more access to different places to farm. Just like how mining is a F2P skill and joining members just gives more mines to go to.

It would no longer be a member skill, therefore it's not giving a taste of what "member farming" is. It's like mining, and then joining members to get a taste of what "member mining" is like.

Do you get it?

Kind of an 'out-there' idea that throws a new look at things. It's no longer a question about "Should F2P get P2P" with an answer of 'No' and more of an "It's already happening, you just don't know it. Jagex made Mining a P2P skill that's being shared with F2P to give them a taste of P2P mining" question.

All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...

This is the truth!

This is my belief!

...at least for now.

"The Mystery of Life"

Vol. 841, Ch. 26

If it does then Jagex is pretty much sabotaging its own creation, plainly idiotic play of strategy.

Of course on the other hand the addition of more content to f2p gives new players a better impression of the game which in turn increases the number of members, it can roll both ways. :wink: :-w
Well honestly the skills provided in f2p is enough- you gots 10s and thousands of people getting 99s in f2p skills, so why bother with extra ones from member; it already served as a perfect demo so no point of adding any further skills.

Lastly, it already got millions of active p2p members around the clock that explains how f2p is a perfect demo.

Total Level 2247- 11x 99s All Combat Skills, Slayer, Summoning, Woodcutting, Herblore

Well honestly the skills provided in f2p is enough- you gots 10s and thousands of people getting 99s in f2p skills, so why bother with extra ones from member; it already served as a perfect demo so no point of adding any further skills.

Lastly, it already got millions of active p2p members around the clock that explains how f2p is a perfect demo.

I am by no means saying it is not great, just that it could be even better.

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif