~*Has runescape gone reporting mad?*~

macca_527

Hi, as you can see i have not made many posts on these forums before, but i feel this is a valid point that needs to be discussed =)

****** will replace my runescape name. AS i have several black marks on runescape for previous stupidites that i have completely diregarded and now have turned over a new runecape career leaf =)

Has runescape gone reporting crazy???

I would like to begin by clarifying that i completely agree to all of jagex's rules and abide to them reilgiously.

Recently since the publicity jagex has been promoting about banning all the mcaroers ( WOO GO JAGEX) it seems the whole of runescape is out there to get one another!!!!! i cannot walk for more than 30 seconds without hearing, " reported noob" or "your macroing reported".

I have a few examples of this that i have personally experienced....

1) It is a sunny sunday afternoon and i am sitting in the fishing guild fishing some yummy sharks, i often do not take note of what people are saying as i am browsing other websites or watching tv. But when i look up to my chat screen i see people shouting at me saying "***** speak or we report you" " ****** are you macroing".

I have also seen clan recruitments on various forums for clans that are dedicated to trecking round runescape and reporting people....

Is this all too much?

Has jagex forced players into a snitching frenzy?

Do we all have to carefully watch out back incase we get reported for being afk while we blink??

This has only happened, due to the hightened activity of Macros.

Players have no other choice but to report like machines, to try and hold the tide of autoers.

There are set rules, and if players report to these, they fair play to them. I see nothing wrong with it.

'It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.'

Aristotle

VVVV Blog VVVV

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=742 ... highlight=

So it's fair play to, basically, report somebody for having public chat to Friends / Off or not looking at the chat screen? Riiiiight.

Nothing left in my right brain; nothing right in my left brain.

I see it as a desperate way to track down autoers. This is really the only things a player can do about the macroers, so they try to do it like crazy. It's very devastating if you such an amount of macroers and you can't do anything. You feel so helpless.

When everything's been said and done, more has been said than done.

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif

as long as people report you for macroing, there is no danger, because since you're human, you'r movements isn't going to be 100% the same all the time, and you won't be banned..

but if some report happy noob reports you for (usally offensive language) something other, then you may have a problem, as if you look at it in a 1 minute clip, in birds look... about anything can be offensive :(

Scherzo.png

IMHO, most of the people who do frivolous reporting are low level people trying to get brownie points to become player mods.

I have done my share of reporting, but I make sure it's for a specific reason, i.e. offensive language, personal info, etc.

4774_e3d1ea.png

I'm a married mother that plays RuneScape. Got a problem with that?

Hopefully the War on Bots will end soon, its just a phase. Just play as normal and as long as you don't break any rules, you will be fine.

Remember, as most of the world's historic tyrants said: It's all for the greater good.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

I have also seen clan recruitments on various forums for clans that are dedicated to trecking round runescape and reporting people....

They should go by world 1-2 and report all the auto-typers for macroing. Then we will see who laughs last. People forget about this kind of macroing to. A lot of people use this form of macroing.. not realising, basicly they are doing the same as autoers.

34eyfbd.jpg9h43sp.jpg16m28ty.jpg

I think it's become everybody's overall goal to become a player mod, coupled with the fact that there's so many arrogant/rude younger and older players, as well as MANY autoers.

That's just what I think, anyway.

x12.png

blackgoldrobesrv5.png

Yes I am a girl. No, I won't be your girlfriend. :oops:

I never really report, but the last few months when i go to world 2 i report about 15 people the ones that say

"~~~~selling monk raw monk fish 310 each ~~*Name here*~~"

in flashing text and wave and every 2-3 seconds they are doing it again like clock work, spamming the streets so I report them auto typing is so lame :shame:

P.S elk will you be my GF? <3:

as long as people report you for macroing, there is no danger, because since you're human, you'r movements isn't going to be 100% the same all the time, and you won't be banned..

but if some report happy noob reports you for (usally offensive language) something other, then you may have a problem, as if you look at it in a 1 minute clip, in birds look... about anything can be offensive :(

So true. Example.. (Actual text log, player's name was removed. Tsukasa//x12=Me.)

PLAYER:Nice stuff

Tsukasa//x12:Thanks. =)

RUDE PLAYER:Pfft.. she looks cheep.

Tsukasa//x12:I'm willing to live with looking poor on a game : )

RUDE PLAYER:lol, what a loser. you problyu play this game all the time

Tsukasa//x12:I do in my free time.

RUDE PLAYER:whatever, you wh*** [Went around the censor with it somehow]

Tsukasa//x12:[About more than a minute later, apparently]You little brat.. Do you parents know you talk like that? *Ignore and report*

I got a black mark for calling that brat... A brat. Thus is JaGeX's system. Learn it well and don't say naughty words like stupid or moron or brat, because they hurt feelings! Wh*** is definetly not a naughty word that is reportable. ::'

x12.png

blackgoldrobesrv5.png

Yes I am a girl. No, I won't be your girlfriend. :oops:

the problem children=immature, solution forced sterilisation :twisted:

Btw if you didn't figure it out that was a joke i'm not advocating mass forced sterilisation of the human race, I am hinting at the fact that there is no solution to any of the 'major' problems with Rs (which aren't gameplay issues {although you could argue that use of macroes does effect gameplay its tenuous}). i've apparently been reported many times for many offences, funnily enough i have no black marks. Your innocence should shine through in the end.

It is rather annoying. I'll just be minding my own business, firemaking, and some level 10 starts following me asking me about my hammer, asking to be "freinds"... I just ignore them now. As a result, I get reported for macroing multiple times every day :D

They should go by world 1-2 and report all the auto-typers for macroing. Then we will see who laughs last. People forget about this kind of macroing to. A lot of people use this form of macroing.. not realising, basicly they are doing the same as autoers.

not my fault i can type 80 words a min in correct english and 95 in broken.

ive been given marks 2x for that crap and they always eventually got removed.

Americans love to fight. All real Americans love the sting of battle.

George S. Patton

1242631666.png

Even if they might be taking it a little too far you have to give them some credit for trying to do the right thing. I prefer just to teleother autoers anyway, much more fun then just reporting them. :P

~>~Check Out My Bursting Guide~<~

Current goals - 99 Slayer, 99 Summoning, 85 Dungeoneering

Achieved goals - Quest Cape, 99 Strength, 85 Slayer, 99 Range, 88 Summoning, 90 Slayer, 99 Magic, 99 Farming

There's not point in reporting people who don't talk. However, someone how is a lvl 3 who doesn't talk, and who only wears base clothes is probably a bot/sweatshop worker. Skillers usually don't go around bald...

Recksash.png

Politics,n. Strife of interests masquerading as a conflict of principles. -Ambrose Bierce

Barrow drops:

Verac's Helm

I wanna join one of those clans!!! Becuase I want to ammount to nothing while ammounting to nothing by playing this game.

It's not like any ammount of reporting will ever be able to nibble at the boting world while it's a buisiness in Asia and other parts of the world. The only way is if they're able to do somthing like WoW that detects 3rd party clients or find a way to nullify them instead of relying on people who are just as trustworthy as the botters themselves to report them.

5zgkkxt.jpg

When I was fishing in Catherby the other day, I saw five level 3's, one lvl 4 and one lvl 5 all fishing sharks, and none of them said a word... seems pretty suspicious to me :? But it is a bit crazy when loads of players get reported just because they happen to be afk or multitasking.

Grizzlycomet.png