Ha! My iron scimmy's better than yours! ~ 41+ Supporters.

None2None

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not really for this idea.

In logic it is pretty cool, but it would get old farely quickly.

if, every single weapon has 5 different matches, people would be out for the higher one, and pricing everything would be kind of odd...

And there would be alot of scamming involved, even if you can see the stats in the first trade screen, what if they take off the powerful one and replace it with a weaker one, and you only saw the powerful one?

Then the drops would have to be more common, slowing down the economy.

There are acouple other problems with this idea.

But then again every idea has a problem when you disect it.

English is my third language, but I am still trying.

Frankie%20ya.gif

I like this idea, makes the game slightly more intresting. My recomendation would be to have the weapons have different levels. Like Legendary whip would be the best stats, while damaged whip could be the lowest. To prevent scamming have the whip when you hover over it make the type it is different colors. Red for damaged, orange for below average, yellow for average, green for above average, and gold for perfect.

"A time comes when silence is betrayal" MLKJ

Speak your mind, but be civil.

Get mad, but do not rage.

Do unto others as you would want done to yourself.

"]doughnutt.jpg

Follow the doughnut to my blog! :D

wat if some stats on the whip are different then other stats yet they add up to the same amount? would they be the same whip?

this is also just begging for scammers to scam people with...not EVERYBODY is going to review EVERY ITEM EVERY TIME..

so yeah it would be great to have but it would cause new problems..

I support, very well thought out, I doubt Jagex will make the change though <.<

4455.jpg

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Oscar Wilde

Support.

Maybe a "Exellent Whip"

could become a "Low-Quality Whip" after a while, sorta like barrows/Crystal but it stays a whip, and doesn't change drastically?

If you jump into a river in Paris, you're insane. If you jump into a river in Egypt, you're in denial.

newb4lyfe7, you're absolutely right, there would be many new downsides in the idea... But I'm sure players would find one way or another to use an anti-scam in this.

And at the same time, I can't imagine many times when you're trading for a whip, or even a rune scimmy, where you buy more than one. Maybe 2 in some cases, but even then, it wouldn't be horribly hard to check the second screen :)

I'll add you for now, because it seemed like a scepticle support, but if you'd like to be taken off, just ask ;)

Copying Maplestory much?

Doesn't sound like that bad an idea, but still.

Not at all... Many games use this... Diablo II, WoW, KO, CO, and obviously Maplestory.

It's not a new idea, but considering it hasn't been suggested yet :P

I'll add ya, but just tell me if you want to get off the list and I"ll take you off when I next update it.

Guest Kickpointy
Really bad idea, people would be out to find the strongest rune scimmy for f2p pking and etc.
umm. no

i like the idea, but the game doesn't need it and well, Jagex most likely won't try it. But the idea could be expanded alot.

As for abyssal whips, I don't think they'd wear out, so there wouldn't be any low-quality whips. I say if an Abyssal Demon dropped one, it would have slightly higher bonuses than if something else dropped one... but I do't think anything else does, so there probably would only need to be 2 or 3 different whips, with like 1 - 6 points of difference in some bonuses...

Abbysal whip from a big abyssal demon

Attack Defence

Stab: 0 0

Slash: 84 0

Crush: 0 0

Range: 0 0

Magic: 0 0

Strength: 80

Prayer: 0

Abyssal Whips from a different demon (if there is one, i wouldn't know, since I'm not a member)

Attack Slash: 78

Strength: 87

And if another smaller abyssal demon exists, it'd have 81 Slash attack and 80 Strength... SO, if you wanted a specific whip, you'd have to kill a certain one, but I still think they would still have a chance of dropping a different one. But there's not much difference anyway. I think. :anxious:

And if you repaired the whips with studded leather then well, you'd have a new item with better bonuses and that's complicated .

But a better example would be something like a rune longsword. If it was smithed it could be examined and say This mighty sword was masterfully smithed, and it sharper than normal. and have slightly better bonuses.

A different rune longsword dropped by a monster, in any, would be blunt of something and be examined This sword has been through many battles, and has been wieled by Jackie CHan, until this dragon killed him and took it. It looks blunt.

:? Um...

Something like that. You could use the crafting/smithing skill to sharpen it to slightly increase the bonuses, but only once, because it wouldn't be blunt anymore...

The idea is something I'd use if I were to create my own runescape like game, but for Runescape now, this idea is too good for Runescape... :anxious: Uh... I mean the idea is too complicated for Runescape... :oops:

electrofrog6ck.jpg

fotwunderbanner2zg4.png

It would boost up the armour industry some more, I like it, add me in supporter list.

Legion.gif

Achieved quest (07/08/2009), woodcutting (28/06/2010), attack (21/07/2010), strength + constitution (07/08/2010), defence (26/09/2010), summoning (13/01/2011), herblore (03/03/2011), cook (31/08/2012), firemaking (01/09/2012), magic (08/09/2012), prayer (16/09/2012) and ranged (29/10/2012) capes.

Wow Silentsurf, I love those examine examples... I'll have to add them to my front page :P

But yea, you get what I'm talking about... Higher leveled monsters/smithers would drop/make better weapons and armors than lower leveled monsters/smithers that can drop/make the same weapon.

And yea... Whips were probably a bad example because only demons can drop them... But there would still be a chance for a higher one and a lower one, yea.

(and about the durability that you mentioned as being complicated... Yea... I didn't add that... We'll work in baby steps ;) )

• 2 weeks later...