What do you always buy at the general store?

cleoppa

Do you sometimes hang out at the general store of a busy world for a change of pace? Do you marvel at the people who would sell cavaliers for 1 gp? (Or whatever ghastly low price they sell for to the store?)

Well, I find the general store an interesting change of pace at times. My question: What items do you always buy if it pops up? What items do you always buy if they're at their lowest price? (I think that's generally more than 30 items.)

I've never made a list myself, but thinking off the top of my head, here's some:

Uncut gems

Cow hides--tanned or not

law runes

air runes

mind runes

pure essences

essences

planks

wine of Zamorak

clay (wet)

unicorn horns

unicorn horn dust

red spiders eggs

limpwort root

all seeds

That's hardly a complete list for me... but it's a start. What does everyone else always buy at the shop because the price (or convenience) is stupendous?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rune items and pretty much nothing else

OT: Is it just me or does the General Store symbol now look like a pot of tar :-k

Read the front page.

I always buy 2nd's/herbs, gems, stuff that I may need that's cheap like strawberries <3:. Whatever looks good at the time.

Quit RuneScape :)

i've seen 2 mage skillcapes for sale before, idk how that happened. i usually buy rare runes, anything good as a tool that is broken, uncuts, herbs, sometimes seeds. i wish i could buy a christmas cracker there... that would be cool \'

rare%20ghoul2.gif

rare%20ghoul2.gif

Ah the good old days of cruising the general stores....

I will say that it is likely the only reason I leveled herblore so high due to all the seconds (wines of zammy, unicorn horns, dragon scales, etc) from the shop for like 10 gp each. Had I started out paying the insane prices of like 500-2.5k ea for those (not to mention the herbs) I would've never touched the skill... (Especially in the lvl 40-60 herb levels.)

This was of course before farming. After that, it became possible to truly make a decent profit from herbing without a ton of upfront cash.

BACK ON TOPIC though:

Key to buying from shops are knowing the prices they normally would sell for, what the shop sells for (up to like 35 or more), and what the maximum price the shop may sell for (1 at a time), and lastly if the items stack... and of course where the shop is in relation to the closest bank (e.g. ardougne isn't as good as say... Catherby).

Mostly I only check out shops during my farming rounds. If I see something I like, I'll pick it up.

The Loot:

-Any herb or tree seed immediately catches my attention

-uncut gems or cut gems (if there are enough)

-Arrows/bolts/knives/darts. (plus the occasional ruby/diamond bolt tips)

-Good (Nature/Law) runes in any large amount (5 or 10 or more)

-Good ores that take long to mine in large amounts (anything coal and up - 5 to 10 or more)

-ANy TT stuff (god pages, cavs, etc.)

-Magic logs (not willows! Lol), sometimes yew logs.

-Occasionally bowstrings

-Herbs / Seconds

-Any pricey item that is much cheaper in a shop (dhides)

-And of course, cheap items (like burned food) if there is only one or two and the shop is full - just to clear out a space so someone will sell something else.

I never buy:

-Expensive rune armor (can be made from ores more cheaply)

-Any dhide armor (I can craft more cheaply)

-Other junk

-Food

Best items I've gotten:

-Over 100 blue dhide sets - price was so cheap I could've made money even alching the bodies alone. (stopped buying when the inv in shop was down to 25 or so)

-Zammy page

-Ranger boots

-A TON OF arrows for cheap cheap cheap.

RSN: Greedom1 | QP 248+ | Combat 116 | Total 1920+ | Skills 95 craft, 99 farm, 88 herb, 91 mage, 85 slayer

Values? What do they mean?

erkid"]
Rune items and pretty much nothing else

OT: Is it just me or does the General Store symbol now look like a pot of tar :-k

Read the front page.

I always buy 2nd's/herbs, gems, stuff that I may need that's cheap like strawberries <3:. Whatever looks good at the time.

I knew there was an update, I meant now after taking the flour out it looks like a pot of tar

britonlongbo.png

I buy all unidentified herbs, any natures I see, occasionally I buy willows from F2P worlds (12 gp each, thank-you, autoers). I also buy potions when they appear.

Watered filled vials for <20 gp. Which I then sell for 250 gp each.

P2P forever!... Or at least 'til <insert excuse here> happens

Falterflame.png

98% of people have signatures with made up statistics in them. If you're one of the 2% that doesn't, copy this and add it to your signature.

Nothing really, there never is anything good to buy

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

I don't hang out at the Gen Store usually. But when I go there I'm usually buying pots or bowls cause I'm too lazy to make my own :P

Wolfy is Officially Retired.

I miss you all (Well, mostly my friends n stuff)

If you want to talk to me, send me a message, I check the boards daily. :D

the great thing about the general store you can impulse buy pretty much anything and the max it's going to cost is a few K.... thats if you sell it back

as for me i've always loved to buy nooby weapons (REALLY nooby weapons) and head to the wildy with a friend, for example both going in with bronze 2-handed and killing greaters... Fun, fun

-= weasel =- rsname: moosewalker ~ top 10000 player :D

newscape300x50qz7.giffull qp - always willing to chat add me...