New lunar "Resting" spell already nerfed

DRUMINATOR17

A few random thoughts, I can't really be bothered to read through four pages of posts since the title alone provoked this reply.

I'm starting to realize that there seems to be little difference between an accidental surge of experience and a "nerf"; this happens to be the former. This spell could be cast multiple times per second, and result in 1-2M experience/hr if left untamed. Since all other leveling methods of Magic aren't nearly that fast, why should this one be all of a sudden?

It also seems that a lot of people are upset that this bug is fixed. Would you rather have things done the easy and no effort way, or would you rather the honest and time-consuming way? Any honest 'Scaper should take the second choice.

I think I'll leave it at this.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

exactly, on the first day of a things release and stuff like this happens that is NOT harmful like the construction durial thing was... .

we certaintly dont want that git durail back on streets of falador anytime soon unless he plans on handing my whip back.

OT: the price rise isnt going to be good (besides the runecrafters) for us, well you's i cant do lunar yet and its not exactly a harmful glitch (compaired to 6/6/6) for the exp, things will go wrong and until they know what goes wrong, you cant fix it. its like fixing a car but you no idea whats making the rattling noise.

and thats my two cents.

Popoto.~<3

lol...

1: No big surprise that Trojann was early on the ball with misusing the spell for personal gain.

2: Arguing over Nerfed or Fixed is pretty nerdy lol... let it be both and you can make it one word...

product_img_1.jpg

you just got Nixed

tipitcrewex8.jpg

Proud to have gotten 1800 skill total before access to fishing guild

Why make a house when you can rob one?

lol...

1: No big surprise that Trojann was early on the ball with misusing the spell for personal gain.

2: Arguing over Nerfed or Fixed is pretty nerdy lol... let it be both and you can make it one word...

product_img_1.jpg

you just got Nixed

The debate is officially over =D> =D>

76th to reach 99 Construction on 6th of February 2007

379th to reach 99 Runecrafting on 4th of November 2007

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )

lol...

product_img_1.jpg

you just got Nixed

ROFL.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

lol...

product_img_1.jpg

you just got Nixed

I really really wanna get higher Magic Rank. And I'm sick of sitting at bandits for hours on end trying to get 99 attack. I had to do something different for about 2 Hours. :oops: And when the first thing Scott says to me when I login is "There's a new charge around". I'm gunna try it out. :wink: Awell, what's done is done.

And TBH, It really was BORING hopping worlds for an hour straight. I should have just stuck at bandits for stupid 50 Magic ranks.

Knowledge Talks| | Wisdom Listens

~~Heroes Get Remembered, But Legends Never Die~~

Vitafides.jpeg

Xbox Live & Playstation Network Name: Trojann2

Yeh i heard about it, woulda used it if i did the quest but i cbf to do the quest

rs2t.png

134 combat | +2200 total | player since June 2005

Thats not nerfed, thats fixed.

was about to post that mnyself. Nerfed sounds so negative whilst fixed is so posotive. all pessimists wherever you go. :(

img.cfm?img=41871

Yeah...Some people just go out of their way to ruin other peoples fun.
Sounds like Jagex to me...

ok since so many people have been avoiding answering the dang question that even i want to know please answer it already

first of as i have come up with the spell gave u good xp and u could clik hundreds of times a minute

now how did they "NIX" it does it give less xp now? is there like a 2 minute wait?

2nd how much were astrals during this period 1k 2? 3? 1m ea? speak up

think that about covers it

James_scholl.gif

lol...

product_img_1.jpg

you just got Nixed

:lol: i'm definatly using that from now on. i always miss out on stuff like this though so how much did it cost per cast at that period?

Don't Click This

ironmfmcape,dominator428.gif

774th to 99 hunting on July 16th 2007

LOL bug abuse? Maybe a few banning for using it in the first place I recon.

There was no real bug abuse. The spell worked that way and using it wasn't breaking rules. If it now somehow could still be done, it would be bug abuse as it isn't meant to work that way anymore.

exactly, on the first day of a things release and stuff like this happens that is NOT harmful like the construction durial thing was... then your okay somewhat. because to all your knowledge you are just doing as jagex intended.

Yeah, and who tell us to us that using that spell many times to get experience like a mad is not the right way it works?

firmatemplariokz5.jpg

http://darkluniux.blogspot.com

Behold my blog! Thou shalt visit it and rejoice!

ok since so many people have been avoiding answering the dang question that even i want to know please answer it already

first of as i have come up with the spell gave u good xp and u could clik hundreds of times a minute

now how did they "NIX" it does it give less xp now? is there like a 2 minute wait?

2nd how much were astrals during this period 1k 2? 3? 1m ea? speak up

think that about covers it

I think they were up to 500g and now they went back down to 150. They are normally about the price of chaos. I did a search and the oldest post someone was selling for 450 so i think around 500. I dont know about the exp. I havent done it and Im 99 mage anyway.

limdog.png

Come on, no one tells me about this kinda stuff.

Trying to get 99 mage atm lol :(

That really would have helped

Yea I think one of my friends asked me if I had lunars but he didnt tell me why :| o well, I guess he knew I wouldnt help me anyway cuz Im 99 mage but I woulda merched some astrals to be sure.

limdog.png

Yea I think one of my friends asked me if I had lunars but he didnt tell me why :| o well, I guess he knew I wouldnt help me anyway cuz Im 99 mage but I woulda merched some astrals to be sure.

Actually, now that I think about it Trojann asked me if I had astrals. :evil:

Actually, now that I think about it Trojann asked me if I had astrals. :evil:

:-w

And now, for everyone asking about the spell.

Dream would be able to be cast as many times as you could click per Second. It would give you 82 EXP per cast. The top amount of exp per hour with a human clicking was 2M. With a bot it was around 3.5M (according to a friend). So, yep.

I myself only got about 500k Magic Exp with it.

Knowledge Talks| | Wisdom Listens

~~Heroes Get Remembered, But Legends Never Die~~

Vitafides.jpeg

Xbox Live & Playstation Network Name: Trojann2

put it this way...

I could of spent 9m cash to get from 85-94 mage and it would of taken a few hours of repeated clicking.

getting 3m xp in 3 hours...

take out the fact that you need 85 combat, if they would of left this in, someone could have created a pure, got 85 combat, and all the other requirements. Did the quest and get 99 mage for 35 mil and it would only take a couple of days. With 99 mage on a pure at dual arena you can make that back in a couple of stakes.

That's how easy it would have been. All in less then a week, talk about screwing up the game.

Jagex "Fixed" it so it wouldn't screw up the game (sure they nerfed it down, call what you want...problem solved)

w4M8t.png