??~~??Most Annoying P2P Quest??~~??

Cabbage_Boii

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

for me sheap shearer is definitly the most "annoying" i started it and only got 2 sheep done, had 2 come back to it a few monthes later so i can finish plague city quests and to my surprise another sheep was somehow in the pen.(I didnt put it there :) )

MEP2 wasnt annoyiong although the guy i was helping wasnt the brightest kid so i got a bit impatient there but got him thru it

evil dave's sub-quest with a kitten

that was so frustrating for me too...with a kitten

My idea of an annoying quest is one with little or no value at all.

A lot of folks here are mentioning harder or longer quests as annoying, but really, most of those harder/longer quests either come with a decent reward or at least a well thought out story line. QuestÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s like mornings end 1&2, Recipe Disaster, Desert Treasure, Fremik series, and even One small favor, have valuable enough outcomes to make them more than worth the effort.

For me, the 2 most inane, useless, and ridiculous quests in the game are:

A soulÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s Bane ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ The end result is the ability to train on monsters that Jagex suggested had high hitpoints (but there are better options in the game) and these monsters drop nothing, diddly, zilch, making them an incredible waste of time and effort. The story line was rather unimaginative, and the boss a push over.

Tower of Life ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ This one by far, annoyed me more than anything else I have ever done in RS. It has a story line made for a preschool intellect, challenges that donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t challenge much at all, and a reward as inane and ridiculously tedious as it is useless.

Still, it bares remembering that every great creative team has its bumps in the road. Overall doing quests in RS is one of my favorite parts of the game, and with well thought out quests like Recipe for Disaster, and entertaining story lines like Cold War, I know that even though Jagex comes up with a dud now and then (who doesnÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t) a new enjoyable quest is just around the corner.

Darkness of Hallowvale (the backtracking all the time really annoyed me), Garden of Tranquility (waiting for all those stupid plants to grow, and loose my Fally onions just because of he had to have a new flower), Enlightened Journey (crashed 3 times and had to walk back all three times) and Shades of Mort'ton (because of the difficulity of finding temple building).

Owner of Quest Cape since 11/9/2007 23:30! Working my butt off to get it back.

lemurian04.png

Rag and Bone Man...

That second part beats Sheep herder. Most frustrating part after killing all those monsters and getting their bones: Finding out you forgot to pick up one bone.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

Monkey Madness irked me to no end. I hate puzzleboxes and the finale was dreadful for me...I died. Sheep Herder was also very irritating...it took me a few months to finish the darn thing, I could not get that last sheep in the pen!

Meta Mucil

meta_mucil.png

SHHH, I am concentrating.....oh look, a paperclip!

Where was I again?

My top 2 most annoying quests were:

Mournings End Part 2 - The puzzle wasn't really difficult, just annoying.

Devious Minds - 65 smithing and lose a ess pouch for that? Come on. And what ever happened to that story, it's been hanging for how long now?

gildogg.png

In a world without fences, who needs GATES?

I know i've already commented on this (my choice was Underground Pass) but i noticed a few people have included Ernest The Chicken.

"Ernest..." was the first quest i ever attempted at a lowly lvl10 after stumbling by accident into the Manor and after numerous hours of wandering around pulling levers someone actually pointed out your fanastic website, which helped me greatly! i'd never have done that quest on my own otherwise. but although it was hard and it took me forever i actually kinda enjoyed it cuz i like puzzles :)

RSN: d35h1_5k4t3r

dalai_farmer.png

Well, I thoroughly enjoyed One Small Favor.

Anywho, I haven't tried the Mourning's Quests yet, but to this point, trying to figure out what to do on Ape Atoll your first time there....well...it sucks.

So,

I vote Monkey Madness until you get that Greegree.

The Llama 79

(Insert fancy signature here.)

Underground Passage.... goof for nothing agility, i had to restock food 3 times untill i finally made it to ikovs temple!!! i kept falling off the network of rocks leading to it

2ujkxgp.jpg

Yes, Mandos is my screen name, this sig isnt stolen, i just use this nick for everything else.

Well, I've done all of them and only started playing 20 months ago so many of them were done with the absolute minimum stats (and resources) necessary. This, I admit, has clouded my view of what is and what is not annoying, but I do have to say:

One Small Favour - annoying? No way. That was fun.

MEP2 was tough and annoying, but i do love that whole Tirannwn story line, so did not mind too much - I wanted it to be tough to keep as many out as possible.

Sheep herder - others have said this was so annoying they put it off for a while - me too! :wall:

However, it you want annoying. Really frustratingly, "Whop yr [wagon] and send you home, Ooh I'm poisoned (again), Yeah now you need another set of false teeth, No his aunt has seen you (again), Mind that trap!" mind-bogglingly rancid, my vote goes to the aptly named..... Monkey Madness

#-o

Blecca.png

For me when I tried Death Plateau without a guide... :lol: I couldn't find Saba because I was afraid of dying and there was a danger sign in front of his cave :P

I dont get it, I did Sheep Herder in under an hour, I found it really easy actually :o And also I Finished Olafs' Quest the day it was out before it was nerfed by some crying kids with 13 Agility #-o I finished the Bridge of Doom after like 140 trys.. :shock: ugh that was an annoying quest.. -.-

Yagami.png

I would like to get the most difficult 99 in the game to accomplish. which is woodcutting.
because I had a drunken night in philadelphia and sprayed a fire extinguiser, evacuated a 7 story hotel on the philly stadium, spent the night in jail.. then got on level 2 prob & have to pay 50 a month because I have a job. It's their way of collecting more money out of me.

Yagami.png

Yagami.png

Yagami.png

i haven't done MEP2 yet, but i must agree underground pass is a little annoying but not really if u have high enough levels, i used a guide and i only fell off those pathways twice, my top three most annoying in order would have to be, Recepie for disaster, Monkey madness, and one small favor

actually in the monkey madness i got the little puzzle in like 20 mins :P

i hated like all the getting poisioned in that quest :mrgreen:

cool_sig1.jpg