The Little Things Make the World go 'Round!

[hide=Crafting Ideas]Have you ever wondered why you cannot make wooden shields? Probably not.. but I have. I thought to myself today, "Why can't we fletch wooden shields?" and "Why should the Fletching skill only make ranging things?"

While these may seem like legitimate questions, lets look at the real definition of "Fletch":

Fletch (v)- To attach feathers to an arrow, so as to stabilize it.

Now.. that doesn't really fall into the category of shied making... so, I looked at what other skills it could be included under, and what other choice.. Crafting, of course!

Now, why would someone want to make a wooden shield? Darned if I know. But it's merely a small issue with the inability to make them. Why shouldn't we be able to craft our own wooden shields?

But, this isn't limited to wooden shields only. This also applies to other things made from wood. Mayhaps we could craft our very own spear shafts, fishing poles, harpoons, lobster pots; anything from wood! There may not be a wide audience for such an update, but it most assuredly would give the game a more diverse and complete feeling to me, and -I'm sure- to others.

This idea has not been completed because it is up to us, the Tip.It community, to come up with more ideas for this. More items, levels, experience rates and whatever else may come.

*EDIT 1*

So, what we'll be able to make is:

• Wooden Shields

Spear Handles

Fishing Poles

Harpoons

Lobster Pots

Axe and Pickaxe handles

Bird Snares (right term?)

Rakes

Spades

Nosepegs

Slayer Staffs (possibly)

Hammers

Knives

[/hide]

[hide=Herblore Ideas]So for Herblore, your main goal is to pick and identify various herbs to make potions with, right? Well.. what if we could pick and identify the various fungi, plants, and flowers strewn about Runescape? This would add a more complete feeling to the game.

To be fair, these wouldn't give a great amount of experience, and wouldn't be used for making potions. Rather, the fungus could be eaten. If not properly identified, however, it could be hazardous to your health. Flowers could be picked and used for decorative "weapons".[/hide]

And a Supporters List

001)Lunar_Drifter

002)ThruItAll

003)mirjahasan

004)MasterSamus

005)RpgGamer

006)Prankster_King

007)NJE03

008)25leaf

009)Theoknight2

010)Sworddude198

011)PastyGangsta

012)Mortifyer1

013)Mayjest

014)Ashlyn_Hart

015)scruff636b

016)harrinator1

017)ortiz9471

018)killerred005

019)life_mage12

020)l0rdbarney

021)flava0falcon

022)vesuvius27

023)Hpk_1

024)Ray0xide

025)dippymister

026)blurite44

027)Natasa777

028)The_Bacon_man

~Lunar

demonslayer2.png

Retired Tip.It Mod || Admin and Founder of Caesar 3 Mod Squad! All are welcome!

=D> =D> =D>

I've always wondered why you can't make these, even though they're cheap as heck.

Make a support list, add me on it.

28u7f5g.jpg

danke Schon Sam!^^

"Blood runs thicker, oh were thick as thieves you know"

-Carl Barât

it would give the game a sense of completion, i like the idea

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Good idea - support

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

[spoiler=Stats:]Updated December 22, 2011:

Total level - 1442 - 170M+ XP , Combat level - 115

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85

add me to support but it would also be cool if we could make wooden statues inside your house ( have a build guardian place or something in garden) and you could carve wooden statues or make em with limestone and marble and stuff like that. Or make wooden armor too... bring fire arrows into pking :D lol

I like the idea, but it runs into complications when it comes to making the chisel. I mean, what exactly is a chisel made of? it can cut diamonds - the hardest substance known to man - easily. You character clearly puts hardly effort in to it. Would the chisel be made out of a wooden handle, an iron/steel chisel bit and then diamond tipped?

Or is that needlessly being pedantic?

Seriously, I like the idea. But would they all be made out of wood or would other materials be required as well?

Goals to get my skills back up to a barely respectable level on the high scores:

mayjest.png

Currently going for Bone to Peaches spell. It's amazing how boring doing the same repetitive task is! Stupid MTA

@Mayjest => Nobody said anything about making a chisel.. did we? And yes, they would probably require other materials for some of them. Like.. string for rods, a head for pickaxes and rakes. Those could be made with smithing. And string.. hm.. still Crafting, but maybe flax for that? Meh..

@scruff636b => I think we should stick with the original idea of the wooden shield. Possibly we could include or rename it a buckler, but keep it in the shield spot. Putting it as a glove would allow one to wield both a buckler and a normal shield.. not really possible if you think about it.

I see where you might be coming from, though. Maybe it could be like a 2H sword, which doesn't allow for wielding a shield with it. You could possibly have a buckler with the 2H sword, seeing as that doesn't really require a free hand to use and doesn't weigh much. Also, shields would be incompatible with it, except for Defenders.

Whew.. now to add to the supporters.

demonslayer2.png

Knives, hammers too. Supporty-tirititi :roll: \'

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

How about making a special bone into a bone club, and a special bone, and say a rock, then make into bone spear?

28u7f5g.jpg

danke Schon Sam!^^

"Blood runs thicker, oh were thick as thieves you know"

-Carl Barât

@harrinator1 => I guess we can throw those in. Although it'd be funny smithing a hammer head with a hammer.. ;)

@ThruItAll => I think for these suggestions we'll be sticking to wood items.

demonslayer2.png

Looks like this is actually a decent idea. I think I'll need more supporters to continue further with the idea and figure experience rates and levels requirements. We'll say.. 50 supporters.

~Lunar

demonslayer2.png

ya like u said, this is a rather insignificant update since those are such uncommon items, although it would be easier for members to go fishing and not have to run all the way to a fish store or sumthing

-i suppose it would be a nice little update

i support

ironmdefault,demon%20x%20lord.gif

pure:demon_x_king