1 year since construction, 6 months since hunter, new skill?

313smaus313

i'd rather have an update to hunter then a completely new skill -.-

being a 99 hunter i agree.just anew big game monster to hunt like a panther or a walrus(that guy in the hunter shop has walrus skins on.)

id also like them to increase the room amount in player owned houses.before next month is over anyway because thats when ill be building my dungeon.

I wana see a new update for my 99 hunter 2.

btw looking at ur sig and i was 120th to 99 hunter :) at 90 cb

img.cfm?img=41871

Yeah...Some people just go out of their way to ruin other peoples fun.
Sounds like Jagex to me...

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i'd rather have an update to hunter then a completely new skill -.-

being a 99 hunter i agree.just anew big game monster to hunt like a panther or a walrus(that guy in the hunter shop has walrus skins on.)

id also like them to increase the room amount in player owned houses.before next month is over anyway because thats when ill be building my dungeon.

I wana see a new update for my 99 hunter 2.

btw looking at ur sig and i was 120th to 99 hunter :) at 90 cb

Welcome to club :|. i'd like to see some high level hunter updates.

If we get new skill next week i hope we'll finally get pink or yellow skillcape <3:

When did farming come out? Im sure it was over 6 months before Construction (I cant remember, i didnt play when Slayer and farming were released).

I doint think a new skill is coming for a long time... :anxious:

That was about 9 months I think, but they have more crew now :lol:

I would also want an expansion to hunter, since I am going for 99 myself \'

I have 5 reasons to think it is going to be a new skill :P

1) it was suggested on the ROF skill suggestions thread exactly as it was shown in the BTS

2) The fact that they have an ad banner for it on the main page :S

3) The time on which it is released, summer beginning, 6 months after hunter 1 year after con... etc.

4) What could it be except for a skill? They don't usually add new content which isn't related to a quest and they said this:

Our quest in May will bring us back to Lunar Isle
So that means that varrock museum isn't a quest and it shall be something else, skill =P

they also said this:

Naturally, youÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ll be rewarded for assisting with these things, mainly with good old fashioned chunks of experience.
We will first think of this as getting rewarded things like prayer and herblore xp for doing some kind of minigame, but no, they didn't mention a minigame, I think it'll be a new skill.

5) and this is just a small one, the fact that they didn't update this week.

The skill would most likely be archeology btw, as it was named by the skill suggestor.

Lol, it's funny, I have expected this to be a new skill ever since someone mentioned the archeolgy suggestion on the day of the BTS, but now that I wrote all this down and looked into it a bit, I'm like 70-85% sure that this will be a new skill

so now that we can be almost sure that we are getting a new skill, archeology, how will this affect the economy? If we manage to come up with some reasonably valid theories we could make some nice money out of this.

...Silver

Okay If they update the old skills to make a faster way to level, many people will use it. But the people who already got like 99 in that skill will be mad because they didn't have that to use. It would be like craftable planks, easy and cheap, but the people who have like 60-99 would be mad because they didn't have it. Even if they did update older skills, there'd still be people complaining.

People are a bit too paranoid with updates. Heck, we just need someone in a quest saying even something that could be related to a new skill, a graphical update to an old city or this kind of date things and people link them together. Before you start collecting any materials that could be used in this skill, ask yourself these questions:

* How long time gab there was between the combinating of magics and prayers to the release of fishing?

* How long gab between crafting being released to the skill after that or before that?

* How about for slayer, farming, agility or thieving?

* When did Jagex promise player owned houses and when did we actually get them?

* Do you have any proof or just wild guesses?

* Do you see these signs in real life too? No, just because there was the number 666 in the 5$ you just got, it doesn't mean armageddon would come today or not even tomorrow.

No, we most likely don't get a new skill within 2 months.

I'm afraid I have to tell you that you're most likely wrong.

I am pretty sure that we will get a new skill between now and mid summer to keep little kids playing ;)

I think that archeology will be very pointless...

It'll be useless, I can't picture any gain from it. Other than new bones :roll:

Think new barrows-like armors/weapons. Think New magic spells learned from ancient texts. Think Indiana Jones/Tomb raider like quests in the name of the new skill. It probably would be an excellent skill for people like me who love hearing parts of runescape history.

vilnn2.png

Some people are like slinkies, normally they are dull, but they always give you a smile

when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Whatever skill they release, its going to be monotonous, and boring to train, like all the other Rs skills.

Honestly, I don't get it. Every single Rs skill is extremely monotonous, not many games like that..

RS = for conventional people who like monotonicity (boring ppl :-$ )

You complain, yet you continue to play... If you don't get it, maybe you should move onto something different like World of Warcraft or EverQuest.

You should try ProgressQuest. It's a zero-player game in that once you start the game, there's absolutely no player interaction required and you just keep killing monsters, do quests, buy new equipment etc.

I don't play anymore hehe, I just visit these forums.

2480+ total

i think there wont be a new skill... but just the varrock update will be giant...

runeminermb1.gif

^^ click my sig for my lesser ranging guide ^^

jwrm22: 4816th > 99 cooking 100% f2p !1172 total! + 140mil in items.

i dont play anymore... i think rs is ruined

Dont think so. I wouldnt mind it though, if it required little amount of money, id go for 99 :) maybe...

Hope so but, doubt it... they may have put it in the Behind the Scences like they did with hunter...

archaelogy costing little money? sincerly doubt that.

redbullsigortiz.jpg

I would like to see a new skill imangine archeology (cant spell it :o )

all good armor (dragon, barrows, 3rd age) is old, so could we see high level armor?

also weapons, as well as the history of rs unvalied

63herb3-1.jpg

Rofl. My chair has a fridge, a cooler, a toilet, a shower, and a barbecue bulit in.

Hey, I may have quite Runescape, but I just bought an XBOX 360 and play way to much COD4 with the Gamertag Lava Mage

I think that archeology will be very pointless...

It'll be useless, I can't picture any gain from it. Other than new bones :roll:

I really think that prayer was made too easy w/ the guilded alter. I am totally unimpressed when i see someone w/ it cause there just so common <.<

O well i hope its something more along the lines of summoning or merchanics.

bestsignpic.png

2181st to 99 Runecrafting on 7/28/2009

Well the new varrock update is coming next week, some people think there will be a new skill, so do I because hunter was released 6 months after construction and it has been a year since construction is released. :ohnoes:

6 months after hunter

1 year after construction

What you think? I think archeology will come out or summoning

GET THE [bLEEP] OFF THESE FORUMS YOU DK LURER!!!!!!!!!!!!! need much proof? ask everyone at GoF, and on top of that, heres the pic...

642ekiu.jpg

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

personally i don't think we need a new skill anytime soon... They should expand the older skills, even though i read somewhere that people would prefer a new skill over expansions on older ones. someone posted that before.. Not sure if it's 100% accurate though

RSN: drgnslyer15

Drgnslyer15.png

15 skills 90+ - 10 skills 99 - 200m+ total exp

I dont get where people are getting the idea that a new skill is coming out. Nothing coming out this month sounds like a skill to me.
+1
Maybe they didn't tell us?

I dont get where people are getting the idea that a new skill is coming out. Nothing coming out this month sounds like a skill to me.
+1
Ok, then what makes this month better than any other to start all the skill discussions?

Quit RS, combat 104, total 1651

ugafan2009.png

+1
Ok, then what makes this month better than any other to start all the skill discussions?
This is just an idea, he didn't come out and say "there is gonna be a new skill this month, it has to be this month, what do you think it will be?"