What kind of music do you play?

warri0r45

So due to the fact that there seem to be a few guitarists, bassists and or drummers here, what kind of music do you like to play?

I myself play guitar and play mostly my own music and Tool songs. Matter of fact, I just learnt 'Hush' by Tool around 10 mins ago. I highly reccomend learning it! Great song to play. :P

Anyway, if you play an instrument, what kind of music do you guys play?

If you like, give some reccomendations too. ::'

I learn whatever catches my fancy... I just play for fun, a hobby.

I learned Three's Company the other day. ;P I also know the Orion bass solo (on guitar >.>), Bloodsucker, Cities on flame with rock and roll, Serpent is rising, and some other fun songs.

I'm currently learning Diary of a Madman.. I need to be faster on the fingerings.

thesip2.jpg

It really has

I play the piano. Mainly classical pieces. It's so relaxing, I just let myself get totally absorbed. I guess the piece I play most often would be FÃÆÃâÃâür Elise as that seems to be the one people want to hear.

suzironniesigwx2.jpg

The Poison Fairy

I used to listen to alot of metal, so I can still play alot of that stuff, and that's probably the more technically impressive stuff I can play (various Dream Theater pieces etc).

I also used to be big into the virtuoso stuff, so I can play alot of Satch and Vai kinda stuff. Still remember the day I first learned to play Always With Me, Always With You.

Nowadays though I just play acoustic and Brit-rock really. Babyshambles, The Libertines, Doherty's acoustic stuff, Bob Dylan, the Smiths, the Stone Roses.

La lune ne garde aucune rancune.

I used to listen to alot of metal, so I can still play alot of that stuff, and that's probably the more technically impressive stuff I can play (various Dream Theater pieces etc).

I also used to be big into the virtuoso stuff, so I can play alot of Satch and Vai kinda stuff. Still remember the day I first learned to play Always With Me, Always With You.

Nowadays though I just play acoustic and Brit-rock really. Babyshambles, The Libertines, Doherty's acoustic stuff, Bob Dylan, the Smiths, the Stone Roses.

Awesome. I'm no shredder so it's the less technical stuff for me. :P

I play..err, a synthesizer. It's fun, but doesn't always come out as I imagine it. :oops: A Dr. Dre I am not.

I tried the guitar. I was awful. :x

I also, a LONG time ago, played the recorder. I, like the guitar, was awful at it. :x :x

I play guitar and some bass. Mostly some heavier stuff on the guitar like Slayer and Sepultura. On the bass I've played mostly jazzy stuff, mostly from Vic Wooten and the last two songs I taught myself on the bass were Norwegian wood (didn't bother learning the intro) and

(couldn't find Vic playing it :( )

I can play alot of Satch and Vai kinda stuff.

And I got Steve Vai to sign my Ibanez Musician during G3 '04 \'

Nodding DuckRange: 71/80|Strenght:70/70 |Currently starting at members|

I play guitar and some bass. Mostly some heavier stuff on the guitar like Slayer and Sepultura. On the bass I've played mostly jazzy stuff, mostly from Vic Wooten and the last two songs I taught myself on the bass were Norwegian wood (didn't bother learning the intro) and
(couldn't find Vic playing it :( )

I can play alot of Satch and Vai kinda stuff.

And I got Steve Vai to sign my Ibanez Musician during G3 '04 \'

If you can play bass like Vic, I'm very impressed indeed. Great stuff. :)

I kind of alternate between playing technically impressive solos and lead parts and easier chord driven songs to sing a long to. I can't really say I prefer either outright, the chord stuff is easier to pick up quickly but the lead parts sound better when you've been working on them for a while.

I'm also fond of just improvising around blues scales trying to improve my technique and improvisation.

Pink Floyd's stuff appeals to me for the lead parts, they're not too complex and are well defined, but still are suitably challenging especially some of the solos. It would be awesome to have that flair of Hendrix of Stevie Ray Vaughn but that's a little beyond me.

Acoustically, I like Oasis and the Babyshambles, although i'm not fussy, i'll play anything that works well.

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

I drum to rock songs

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

Mainly metal and rock. I occasionally learn some acoustic stuff, hoping one day to train myself to sing along. I have also starting writing some of my own music, just a load of riffs at the moment but over this holiday I want to string them together into two or three songs.

ragenori9bosq4.gif

Thanks Venomai for this super sig and Kwimbob for the awesome avatar!

If you can play bass like Vic, I'm very impressed indeed. Great stuff. :)

Those are two of the few songs I can play on the bass (You could count them with the fingers on one hand anyway <.< ). I can't get the harmonics on norwegian wood right, but the tapping part is quite simple when you've done it for a while. And the other song I can't do flawless, but still better than that guy on the vid :D.

Nodding DuckRange: 71/80|Strenght:70/70 |Currently starting at members|

I play guitar for 3 years now I think, play in a little 'band' with my friends. We mostly play classic rock covers like Zeppelin and ACDC, stuff like that. I really prefer accoustic though, there's just nothing like those 15 minutes of playing on the accoustic before you go to bed.

99 Slayer since August 2007.

Ive been playing guitar for 11 years. Used to be into rock (ac/dc etc.) but now i verge on more acoustic stuff like Tommy Emmanuel, Andy Mckee, Don Ross and stuff. Im also hooked on A7X and Billy Talent atm. Ill play anything that catches my fancy but i tend to shy away from shredding as its pretty lame musically wise. Theres something about playing 4000 inaudible notes a minute that doesnt appeal to me.

Lvl 80 construction.

Dragon Drops: 11 (4 Chains, 2 Axes, 1 Med, 2 Skirts, 1 Legs, 1 2h)

God Wars Drops: 4 Zamorakian Spears, 1 Godsword Shard 1

I cover mainly solo acoustic stuff. Right now I'm heavily into covering John Mayer songs (3x5, Daughters, My Stupid Mouth, Why Georgia, etc). Each summer I generally focus on a different artist. Last summer was Jack Johnson covers and the summer before was Dashboard Confessional covers (this summer is a tad bit harder). Also, worship music as well :)

I'm thinking later on in the summer when I have the money I'll buy an amp to accompany my electric and start playing some John Mayer electric stuff and move into blues.

summerpngwy6.jpg

been playing the drums 8 years now i think.. started when i was around 8 or 9, and i dont really have a select style i like playing, just kinda varies what kinda mood im in.

ive played in a few bands around my school just helping out when they need it, mostly there rock/metal bands, but a few have been kinda funk/jazz and even the odd blues one. Even played in an orchestra once lmao, it was quite fun untill i got kicked out (aparently i was a bad influence.. hmm haha :D)

when im just relaxing at home though ill usually end up with either rock or jazz throwing in a few buddy-rich-esk solos 8-) cos im just cool like that haha.

Back playing Rs with some vigour for once, Visit my blog and check out what im up too.. http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=690785

sigagainus2.png

Literally anything that catches my interest. But mostly hard rock and metal. Also some cheesy acoustic tunes from various powermetal and rock bands, as well as bluesy stuff such as ZZ Top and Stevie Ray Vaughn.

2009rb9.jpg