The argument between the classes.

Goldenjkered

Every week we see rants on the runescape and tip it forums, stating that range and magic are underpowered in the game (not so much mage these days) compared to melee. Yes, it it true that melee does have better armour and weapons to its disposle, and range does have a very limted set of equipment. But when you think about it, range and magic only have one skill to train while melee has two. Personally I feel that this balances the argument between the fairness of the classes. What do you think?

Goldenjkered.png

Whips: 3 Dragon Boots: 15

My 99's: Attack & Cooking

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Goldenjkered

mages have nothing to complain about with ancient magics.they will always have the upper hand when it comes to ancients.

rangers have redchinchompas,multi cannons,salamanders,msbs.the main thing about range is that you can safesot and attack from longrange.you cant do that with melee.

well melee get most of the updates but mainlty because its the most used skill.you didnt spend youre first few gps by buying arrows and runes.you spent it on a weapon to protect youresellf which is why meleers are always after the new great weapon,jagex makes these weapons(lthough they really havent made anything significant for a looong time)and mages and rangers start to complain that theyre making them stronger.

thats my pretty bad take on it anyway :oops:

tifsdac6mc.gif

I don't agree. Melee is much more fun and rewarding than mage and ranged since you can create builds depending on what you want to do.

Melee is so much superior because of how easy it is to train. One time cost of weapons and armours, then all you have to pay is food.

Ancients, chinchompas and cannons, its all good, but horribly expensive, it's impossible to sustain its cost on medium or long term, even for the richest people.

I think ranged, and magic should all had 3 subcategories (like att, str, def for melee) with new non-ruining ways to train it and use it.

2480+ total

mages have nothing to complain about with ancient magics.they will always have the upper hand when it comes to ancients.

rangers have redchinchompas,multi cannons,salamanders,msbs.the main thing about range is that you can safesot and attack from longrange.you cant do that with melee.

how 'bout hallys?

i don't play psykick anymore... i play 2ed: "pure fett"

26081 to get 99 herblore

how 'bout hallys?

i knew someone would say that.dont know why i just didnt bother putting it in :notalk:

tifsdac6mc.gif

The triangle is perfect as is. There is simply one thing wrong with it.

Mages get over 50% of their magic attack bonus from their robes (top, bottom, and headpeice).

Rangers get around 45+% of their range attack bonus from their body, top and helm as well

Melee... doesnt get anything from theirs (with the exception of the fighter torso)

If anything, dragonhide/karils is overpowered.

Melee can slip it on with no penalty other than less melee/range defense. They can still hit as high as they could before (not including the fighter torso, this is an old argument i made over a year ago).

Mage cant do this, and range, not pulling their max hit from their armor, but bow and range level, can only hit less with anything other than dragonhide/karils.

The triangle is good, dragonhide isnt =\

aquasig2lc8.png

^^Click For Monster Hunting Blog (180M+ in drops)^^

Melee = Two skills, no ammo

Ranged, Magic = One skill, needs ammo

In this way I think they are pretty balanced, but in the power way of view...

Well, I'd say, I always dislike whiners who complain about the disbalance, but lately I got the feeling the rangers are getting to less, by now we should get something decent in comparison from the others, the best thing I can think to pk is rune arrows (+p).

Magic can change their spells with and lunars spell now, I'm not complain about that, it's cool, but magic got the three forms of magic in a one simple presentation, rangers? needs to change for bow to bow to do a semi-try of strategy.

Meleers, in other hand, got dds and whip, cool. Straight hitting, it's all what it's about.

Jagex just needs to think about a good use for ranged skill, for years I had thought of several ideas, but none happen to be popular.

For example, ranged could focus on damaging the stats, or special effects like making the opponent damage himself if he starts eating food! (like with some darts of dryness).

I don't know, many ideas that could be but I'll stop now since I don't want this to be a large suggestion post. :P

13Ra3.png

Veteran Cape Owner (10 year)

Melee = Two skills, no ammo

Ranged, Magic = One skill, needs ammo

In this way I think they are pretty balanced, but in the power way of view...

Well, I'd say, I always dislike whiners who complain about the disbalance, but lately I got the feeling the rangers are getting to less, by now we should get something decent in comparison from the others, the best thing I can think to pk is rune arrows (+p).

Magic can change their spells with and lunars spell now, I'm not complain about that, it's cool, but magic got the three forms of magic in a one simple presentation, rangers? needs to change for bow to bow to do a semi-try of strategy.

Meleers, in other hand, got dds and whip, cool. Straight hitting, it's all what it's about.

Jagex just needs to think about a good use for ranged skill, for years I had thought of several ideas, but none happen to be popular.

For example, ranged could focus on damaging the stats, or special effects like damaging the opponent if he starts eating food! (with some darts for dryness or somethin').

I don't know, many ideas that could be but I'll stop here since I don't want this to be a large suggestion post. :P

The lunar spell (spell book swap, or whatever its called) has no use in pvp, or pvm for that matter. The actual spell animation lasts for over 3 seconds, then you only get 1 spell to cast. You also need the runes for the actual spellbook swap spell, and runes for the other spell you are using. In otherwords, its only going to be used once in a blue moon

aquasig2lc8.png

^^Click For Monster Hunting Blog (180M+ in drops)^^

Yeah the only use for the Swap Spell in pVp is to maybe switch over to TB if you're a vengeance user. Other than that you won't see it used albeit extremely rarely.

Pirate Rosetta stone. Learn a language while you scape.

Sounds interesting, but these days how many people really speak Pirate?

mele pays for food and mages pay for runes.

I'm not usually this rude, but I feel a need now.

ARE YOU AN IDIOT?

Do you realize how much more expensive runes are than food? Not only that, it's easy enough to get your own food if you're poor - good luck finding a way to craft bloods right now.

Did anyone ever realize this:

Melee's power is relatively evenly distributed throughout all levels making two meleer's with the same combat level roughly equal in power.

Mage on the other hand, is overpowered at the lower levels, and underpowered at the mid-levels, yet comes out fairly well at the higher ones. C'mon, which other combat class let's you hit 8 damage in one turn at a mere level 13?

Range, however, is lower in max hit due to one reason-speed. Rapid is an attack style meant to do extremely fast damage. If rangers could suddenly hit constant 30's you'd see instant Range KO's everywhere. Also, Range is a skill that only pays off at the higher levels-above level 75, a ranger can hit constant 13's on rapid, with the enemy barely having time to heal. If range's max hit was increased, they would be utterly overpowered. Most people complain range is underpowered because they fight against armor/monsters with a high range defense, or because their range is NOT high enough!!! :-w

I'll use the following example: 2= Normal attack speed (melee); 1=attack speed of range (on rapid); 3=Attack speed of Magic Spells

(using max hit, mage using god spells, melee using d-long (lvl 60 str), range using rune arrows) (Level 60, basic equipment all skills)

Second 1-Range=13 Damage

Second 2-Melee=15 Damage, Range=13 Damage

Second 3-Mage=20 Damage, range=13 Damage

Second 4-Range=13 Damage, Melee=15 Damage

Second 5-range=13 Damage

Second 6-Melee=15 Damage, Range=13 Damage, Mage= 20 Damage

Second 7-range=13 Damage

Second 8-range=13 Damage, Melee=15 Damage

Second 9-range=13 Damage, Mage=20 Damage

Second 10- range=13 Damage

Without factoring anything else, and if they all hit their max hit, Range obviously wins with 130 damage, with melee coming in with 75 damage, and mage coming in with a mere 60 damage. Although these figures are relatively approximate, the fact remains that range can do MUCH damage in a short amount of time. However, accuracy of range attacks is not high, so their damage is usually halved. If this was factored in, melee would win at 75 damage, followed by range at 65, and mage with 60. These figures are all RANDOMLY occurring, as you can have a lucky streak and his 130, and hit 0's for the next ten hits.

Debate Club anyone?

signatureforkam42705lorpj5.jpg

i mean wth no1 cares about that weak noob that was scared of the great almighty lord ZAROS!

A peach, a banana and an apple walked into a bar.

The peach rambled, "Hey, those two are more common than I am!";

The apple retorted, "What? You two have the most popular flavours!";

Finishing her drink Banana responds, "At least you two aren't the laughing stock of fruits, me associated with-"

At the same moment, the Barman interrupted the quarrelling bunch saying, "I know what will fix your problems." then proceeded to grab all three fruits, put them in a mixer and shook them into a glass. It was the best drink Walter Melon ever drank.

"300 programmers make their futile but glorious last stand against 1000000 angry players in The battle of Misthalin. They fight for honor, glory and new content sacrificing themselves so that their game may live on. This is Madness! This Is JAGEEEX!"

A peach, a banana and an apple walked into a bar.

The peach rambled, "Hey, those two are more common than I am!";

The apple retorted, "What? You two have the most popular flavours!";

Finishing her drink Banana responds, "At least you two aren't the laughing stock of fruits, me associated with-"

At the same moment, the Barman interrupted the quarrelling bunch saying, "I know what will fix your problems." then proceeded to grab all three fruits, put them in a mixer and shook them into a glass. It was the best drink Walter Melon ever drank.

Are you saying to take part of each combat class to be the best you can?

Well for range if you do that the only way i can think that it would not hinder range's max ability would be to use vengeance.

For Magic .. it really cant be combined with Range becuase with dragonhide on trying to cast magic is pitiful...and if you use a bow while wearing robes the bonus to range is so small you can barley hit.

Melee the most obvious thing to partner it with is Magic. What would be the use of using Range with it?

Melee & Magic have the advantage when you combine classes. :wall:

blackmdefcape,ancnt%20hylian.gif

Rangers own. -.-

Yes RAnger Owns!

Hey Nicrune007 , Whats Your Username?

twss.jpg

99 Ranged on 2/6/07 99 Hit Points on 9/5/08 99 Defense on 26/4/08 99 Attack on 14/2/09 99 Strength on 25/2/09 99 Slayer on 13/9/09\:D/

You guys are forgetting the usefullness of ranged. It is by far cheaper then magic. But more expensive then melee. In terms of ammo. Ranged falls in between.

And good uses for the ranged skill? I range 50% of my slayer tasks! The way I see it, outside the wilderness:

Low level monsters - Melee

Medium level monsters - Melee/ranged

High level monsters - Ranged

Boss type monsters - magic

That is usualy how it goes at me. Magic is expensive, thus only used at the best. Melee is easy, fast.. but not good for high level monsters. As they hit you BIG time and ranged is almost always more effective at the medium/high level monsters.

You could use this one to insert into some wilderness terms. At high levels, magic seems to have the upperhand. And for mid-class, melee and ranged struggle.

34eyfbd.jpg9h43sp.jpg16m28ty.jpg