Guitar Hero/Rock Band Discussion thread

Karmastocracy

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Passed Satch Boogie after having to redo the entire set 'cuz I forgot to save.

Surprised that BYOB was more of a challenge than Hot for Teacher or Pull me Under.

Pull Me Under is booooring. Extremely easy for 9/10 of the song, which is way too long anyway, and the random solos that pop up for five seconds are pretty easy as well. Just fast.

Hot For Teacher I found somewhat challenging, if only because I couldn't pin the rhythm down.

p2gq.jpg

Surprised that BYOB was more of a challenge than Hot for Teacher or Pull me Under.

Pull Me Under is booooring. Extremely easy for 9/10 of the song, which is way too long anyway, and the random solos that pop up for five seconds are pretty easy as well. Just fast.

Pull Me Under may be boring on guitar, but it's my favorite song to play on drums. <3:

sig2-1.png

Last.Fm

My Bloggy

Proud to have served on Tip.it Crew

do you think WT or RB is a better game talking about the 1st RB

i really cant decide what to get

1st Rockband will have a much longer life simply because of DLC.

yea for DLC rb definatly but im talking overall gameplay, i heard GH co-op is really bad, and i was thinking that not many people will be playing rb anymore since 2 is out everywhere else

sword2di2.jpg

thanks to mitsubishi64 who made this sig

yea for DLC rb definatly but im talking overall gameplay, i heard GH co-op is really bad, and i was thinking that not many people will be playing rb anymore since 2 is out everywhere else

Ill still be playing one ... Lol .. Curse you flirtin with disaster .. =[

WT Band Play is fine, just don't turn on hyperspeed. RB wins in the DLC, but I would wait to see what WT comes up with before making a decision based on that.

FC'ed Float On today, if anyone cares. Why are all of my favorite songs really easy?

p2gq.jpg

Hopefully I can get WT this weekend, I've called EB Games and they said they have about two Guitar sets left for PS2, so hopefully they don't sell out by the weekend...

BTW, my school's GH tourney is over and I have about 7 tickets in the draw, so hopefully I win the PS3 :pray:

FMAsig.jpg

[If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

I think co-op is fine. :?

Beat career on expert finally. Haven't really gotten a chance to play much until today. Didn't have any trouble beating it either.

sig2-1.png

Last.Fm

My Bloggy

Proud to have served on Tip.it Crew

Finally did Before I Forgot!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

That was a killer.

Now just CoP and I'm into Tier 8 of expert. I've done it in quickplay so I don't see it should be that hard. :lol:

calciumpixelsigil3.png

Click my signature for my blog!

BYOB is the best Guitar Hero World Tour song.

Fix'd

Wow, System of a Down are in GH. Does that mean you're going to hate them now?

LMAO I forgot all about that. :lol:

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

Actually, it's the opposite here. It really under charted in WT. The blue holds, are so obviously YB trills that it makes me angry. Also the "breakdown" (you know what I'm talking about) is very under charted. Also for some reason I can five star this song in Rock Band, but I almost failed it at one point in WT and barely four starred it. There are so many less notes in the main part (the RR B RR O RR B RR O part) then in Rock Band, that I was overstrumming an insane amount. I could seriously downstrum the entire song in WT, that's how under charted it is.

I have played neither chart, but after watching a vid of each... the only time WT's chart has less notes than RB's chart is the blue holds, which *could* be charted as blue holds without being untrue to the song (though generally trills are only charted as holds on lower difficulties - see Raining Blood on medium or easy). The main difference is that Rock Band makes most of the main bit into HOPOs while WT does not... there are no less notes, you were just strumming too fast. The blue holds were the only places with less notes :|

saidinwotsmall2zo.jpg

Add your blog to the BlogScape Index!

SaidinWoT can now be tracked easily on weekends - Erm, maybe when I start playing again.

Levels do not measure intelligence OR maturity.

Getting World Tour today :twss: in about an hour, can't wait.

I'm low on cash, so only getting game only atm though, besides no need to waste money on a new guitar when my les paul works perfectly. Im gonna try and get through all of hard and most of expert this weekend.

One--Hard100--572107.jpg

Yay :D ! Finally got the 'One' Hard FC I've been longing for. It was my first run of the day and I'm surprised (and happy) that I didn't choke after FC'ing FSA. I also got the run on vid, so when it's done UL'ing I'll edit with the link.

And on a side note, this is my very first 2k+ note streak and will most likely be my only one unless I get better at RB drums :shock:

EDIT: Vid: http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=ShButZ-cKoI

FMAsig.jpg

Actually, it's the opposite here. It really under charted in WT. The blue holds, are so obviously YB trills that it makes me angry. Also the "breakdown" (you know what I'm talking about) is very under charted. Also for some reason I can five star this song in Rock Band, but I almost failed it at one point in WT and barely four starred it. There are so many less notes in the main part (the RR B RR O RR B RR O part) then in Rock Band, that I was overstrumming an insane amount. I could seriously downstrum the entire song in WT, that's how under charted it is.

I have played neither chart, but after watching a vid of each... the only time WT's chart has less notes than RB's chart is the blue holds, which *could* be charted as blue holds without being untrue to the song (though generally trills are only charted as holds on lower difficulties - see Raining Blood on medium or easy). The main difference is that Rock Band makes most of the main bit into HOPOs while WT does not... there are no less notes, you were just strumming too fast. The blue holds were the only places with less notes :|

Yeah . . . actually the WT chart is harder. There are less notes in the pre-verse 1 part in the RB chart, and the breakdown section is way easier. The "lalala" part in WT has chords and stuff instead of just hammer-ons for one of the riff parts. It's not under charted in WT at all :\ I've only 4-starred it myself.

p2gq.jpg

My parents just went out and bought WT, just the game. Last time they bought a game out of the blue, we ended up with a shiny white bookend with motion control, and based on posts here about cramped fret boards, etc....well, maybe they can be trusted with some things. I'll reserve judgement until it's played.

It can be played with the GHIII guitar, right?

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

My parents just went out and bought WT, just the game. Last time they bought a game out of the blue, we ended up with a shiny white bookend with motion control, and based on posts here about cramped fret boards, etc....well, maybe they can be trusted with some things. I'll reserve judgement until it's played.

Yes it can, and the game only might have been for the better, there have been many reports of faulty new guitars.

I'm going to get World Tour once my stepdad finishes eating :twss:

I'm probably just going to get the game by itself as well, I've heard of a lot of reports about peoples guitar breaking within a few hours of gameplay, and I really don't want to put up with that.

On another note...

TheWayitEnds--Expert100---623205.jpg

Words can not describe how happy and LUCKY I was to get this FC ::' , it was completely unexpected to be honest, but this marks #52 for me and I'm glad it's out of the way!

FMAsig.jpg

bongo, with some of the FCs you have, I can't believe some of the ones you don't o.O For a while Stricken and Take This Life were the two you had that I would 'never' have... right now, FCPREMIX and The Way It Ends have that (I can hit everything in FCP, but I'm so incredibly inconsistent at Aggro that it wouldn't be worth it to try for the FC)

Major congratulations :)

Edit: The fact that you have patience to squeeze Hard is also amazing to me... every once in a while I'll go down to lower difficulties to try squeezing, but I'm so used to expert that I actually find it hard to concentrate on so few notes and thus no squeezing :s

saidinwotsmall2zo.jpg

Add your blog to the BlogScape Index!

SaidinWoT can now be tracked easily on weekends - Erm, maybe when I start playing again.

Levels do not measure intelligence OR maturity.

bongo, with some of the FCs you have, I can't believe some of the ones you don't o.O For a while Stricken and Take This Life were the two you had that I would 'never' have... right now, FCPREMIX and The Way It Ends have that (I can hit everything in FCP, but I'm so incredibly inconsistent at Aggro that it wouldn't be worth it to try for the FC)

Major congratulations :)

Edit: The fact that you have patience to squeeze Hard is also amazing to me... every once in a while I'll go down to lower difficulties to try squeezing, but I'm so used to expert that I actually find it hard to concentrate on so few notes and thus no squeezing :s

Thanks! And yeah, I think I know which songs you mean (In Love, Go That Far, Rock and Roll All Nite) :P , I'll get them eventually! As for FCPREMIX, once you get consistent with Aggro, it's all about getting lucky with the End Lead- I don't think anyone can hit that part consistently. For The Way It Ends you can get consistent with each section, there's not too much lucky involved really.

Lol it's actually fun squeezing on Hard mode as it can be significantly easier or harder than Expert, and most of the songs can still have enough notes to keep you from falling asleep :lol:

FMAsig.jpg

Yes it can, and the game only might have been for the better, there have been many reports of faulty new guitars.

Ignore the bashers. WT has its faults, but it can sound like it's the worst game of the year when some people tell it . . .

In my personal experience, nothing has gone wrong with the hardware. Let me repeat: NOTHING. The touch pad is a bit too sensitive and will start overstrumming you if so much as a piece of hair lands on it (my dog lives in my basement, the hair is unbelievable). But you can turn that off if keeping it clean somehow fails. Deisel's red pad on the drum set stopped working while I was playing, but it doesn't seem to be a common occurrence*.

I don't know how many times I have to say this, but Band Play is fine as long as you don't use hyperspeed. It would probably do you some good to play at normal speed every once in a while if you're reliant on hyperspeed. The display is all in the upper left and that can be annoying if your board is all the way on the right. The single player is just as good as other installments, though the way the carreer is laid out can get annoying until you've beaten every song and it stops sending you straight to the lowest incomplete set. No, there are no ridiculously hard songs, but there IS a good amount of challenge. I still haven't gotten to trying out the music studio and have done vocals exactly once, so I haven't even explored all the content yet. Plus I'll be working up to Expert on drums.

All in all, it's a good game and people need to stop bashing it to death. There is not that much there to bash. And if you like Rock Band better, GO PLAY ROCK BAND.

*No, multiple complaints on ScoreHero do not make it a common occurence. For everyone who complains, there are probably thousands more not complaining because they're busy PLAYING.

p2gq.jpg

After playing, it's actually pretty good. The display (not the highway, that's fine) is a bit small, though, so it;s tough to see my note streaks and such. I love that you can hit SP phrases while in SP, that is awesome. And the countdown after pause makes sure I never miss after pausing, which happened every single time in GHIII. The touchpad portions are really close together and hard to strum for some songs, but it's manageable. Overall I like it, if not for those than at least for a different setlist. And The Joker, which has long been one of my favorite songs, is on there. SWEETNESS.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif