Guitar Hero/Rock Band Discussion thread

Karmastocracy

Hard or expert? There was a tip long ago on how, you need the second attack you get to be a whammy, get it, and hit him when he gets the long string of notes. Though I suppose the hard part might be getting to the second attack....

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's Expert. And what do you mean the second attack? I think I know what you're talking about, but isn't that your first attack? I remember watching a video on this method on YouTube just today, actually, when I wanted to see someone else do it. I think it's the same one you're talking about. They said to wait for the Whammy, too, and that it's really all about luck: That Lou's power-up doesn't kill you, and that you can easily get the next power-up, which you're hoping is the Whammy.

I don't know, I still haven't gotten to Lou yet. I might have been mixed up, though, maybe it is the first.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

angel2w.gif

Just watched a vid on it, it is the first attack. Here's the link:

whalenuke.png

angel2w.gif

I was gonna say, it's the first attack. Use it as soon as your first solo ends, and Lou will pretty much insta-fail on the string of greens he has. It's a pain getting the circumstances to come out right though: Lou gets an attack that doesn't totally screw you over (amp overload and broken string are the worst), you manage to hit your attack phrase, it's a whammy, and you use it at the right time. Then you have to play the outro.

p2gq.jpg

You think? I see Amp Overload as entirely tolerable, and I see a broken string is almost the same as Whammy, which would be just to stop playing for a bit, correct the problem, and continue on. For me, the ones that really get me are Lefty Flip and the Double Notes if it's in the right spot.

The weird thing is, though, that I already beat Lou once on the PS2 version.

In that particular situation, those two are the worst. You can't see a thing with amp overload and it pretty much kills your ability to hit the notes accurately. Broken string takes longer to fix than whammy and messes me up more, having to crazily tap a fret. Plus it's not a good idea to stop playing completely when you're getting like 10 nps. Lefty Flip is no big deal, especially in that section where all it is is four note slides. Just start right and you'll be fine. And I've never gotten double notes on that part.

p2gq.jpg

I love when I'm battling friends, and they hit me with a lefty flip and they go "WHAT NOW! You'll never be able to hit anything!" And then I just look at their fret board since they're the same :D

I also play lefty without lefty flip, so the attack doesn't phase me as much as it would someone else (but I still hate it in boss battles).

I love when I'm battling friends, and they hit me with a lefty flip and they go "WHAT NOW! You'll never be able to hit anything!" And then I just look at their fret board since they're the same :D

haha that made me lol :lol:

i tried playing lefty once on easy, i failed pretty early on one of the 1st tier songs

sword2di2.jpg

thanks to mitsubishi64 who made this sig

And I've never gotten double notes on that part.

You are tremendously lucky then, since double notes on that section are impossible to hit, because, like you say, it's at around 10nps.

i r tink tht a11 ppl shud use g00d gr@m3r since g00d gr@m3r is ftw.

So I just started bass career, FC'ed the first three songs then got bored (91,450 on What I've Done, which if I had a scorehero account would put me in 18th).

I then went to the last tier of guitar in career (when i first did it it was like 2 am so i 3*ed all songs that I could pass, just did em again first time).

5* Love Spreads

5*ed Never Too Late (SOLO 1-6 FC!!!!!)

5*ed Weapon of Choice

5*ed Pull Me Under

Oh yeah, did I mention that I PASSED SATCH BOOGIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

3*ed it, 68% on Solo F, but I don't care its finally done!!!!

Re-Education (Through Labor) was being stubborn and wouldn't get FC'ed. Missed a note toward the end in an unexpected part and then proceeded to choke long before it every time I tried again. Also failed to FC Hotel California and Misery Business.

Did get Beautiful Disaster though.

p2gq.jpg

Stuck on BYOB. Can't even get through the intro :| Well, I've only tried it a few times.

whalenuke.png

angel2w.gif

Augh, I hated Assassin. But I did notice it's not weird, just oddly placed. I just think I either strum too fast, or not fast enough.

whalenuke.png

angel2w.gif

TDWDTG has not been FC'd, no.

DarkDude, you can (or *should* be able to, at least) play any DLC in pro-faceoff (locally or online, either way). So far, that's my only solution :(

saidinwotsmall2zo.jpg

Add your blog to the BlogScape Index!

SaidinWoT can now be tracked easily on weekends - Erm, maybe when I start playing again.

Levels do not measure intelligence OR maturity.

Got World Tour yesterday, and I'm currently on the 11th tier. I've had 5 sightread FC's so far (About A Girl, Obstacle 1, What I've Done, Eye Of The Tiger, One Way Or Another), which is good for me because I tend to make a lot of stupid mistakes during sightreads :lol: Once I finish up my career I'm planning to go for as much FC's as possible, starting with some of my favourites!

FMAsig.jpg

[If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]