Top 250 F2P Skill Total List

A_U_R_A

Does anyone else realize that the big bone prices are more ridiculous than ever imagined? Currently 37gp:1xp, and peaked at 40:1 last crash. That is, 5K xp costs almost 200K, and 1M would only get 25K xp. When I noticed that, I looked back at myself and wondered why I would waste 200K on less than 1% of a prayer level. Now I don't have a choice, if I wanted to ever maximize in F2P.

What I'd like to know is, how are you all dealing with this? I'm finding it nearly impossible to plan going above my 90 prayer to even 91, while runecrafting body tiaras and savings towards a likely money-sink in the new skill.

Side note: Why is the new skill likely to be a money sink? When it comes out; unless whatever is required to train the skill is sold in huge amounts in shops or can be obtained very easily by other means (which is still very possible), virtually everyone is going to place a demand on the item(s), thus causing the new skill to be very expensive, or even inaccessible (e.g. look at corrupt dragon) for at least the introduction period of the skill - a time when all of us Top 250 F2Pers will feel a need to train the skill in fear of plummeting down the list and even to the point of being removed. Prepare for the worst. You're welcome.

jOi7G.png

~PM me and I'll do my best to make you a signature!~

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isthatok, I am dealing with the prayer prices by simply not training prayer until all my other skills are 99.

Currently I'm slowly going to assist for 99 Runecrafting, 99 crafting isn't a problem (doing that now), 99 smithing - well I might mine adamant for 99 mining and use those ores to make adamant plates (buy the coal).

I wont have all skills other than prayer 99 for around 20 months I'm estimating which gives me plenty of time to merch and make bank.

New skill, I hope its like agility or something where you can't use money to race past and you don't gain money.

If it is a money sink well, I'll level everytime I feel like it.

I'm not worried about getting knocked off the list or maxing, even though it is a dream goal for me I have to constantly think of the now.

What can I work on NOW to improve my account, gradually getting closer and closer to maxing.

My answers are 99 craft, 96 attack, 96 defence, 96 strength, 96 ranged, 99 hitpoints --> 121 combat, and 94 fishing.

As much as I'd like to get 99 in all of those, I know I cant in a relatively short time span so I need to break it up for my own sake.

Also when I make goals, I make them because I enjoy that particular skill (besides Runecrafting) so I am having fun on RS.

Animorph_2.png

Guest mauranius

Okay then I specifically ask to be removed from the list, thanks in advance

Fail

you're a fail person, stop replying to my posts I don't want anything to do with you sad piece of (bleep)

Guest mauranius

Why should you be removed from the list? Even tho you quit, your stats will remain forever and should be in the list for younger F2p players to beat.

I don't want to endorse young players to a live of Runescape, as runescape took a turn for the worse and became the pile of poo it now is, with mod MMG - the [wagon] - at the top.

Congratulations to Genworth5 for maxing and [early] congratulations to 5743 (1 more mining level with ~1k exp. as of).

:thumbup:

Didn't Genworth5 already max? Oh, and grats on 5743/search123.

Seriously, Mauranius, stop flaming Jagex. It's not funny, and we don't need posts like that.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Why should you be removed from the list? Even tho you quit, your stats will remain forever and should be in the list for younger F2p players to beat.

I don't want to endorse young players to a live of Runescape, as runescape took a turn for the worse and became the pile of poo it now is, with mod MMG - the [wagon] - at the top.

You need to stop cutting over being ignored by some random J mod on his friend list. If you want to act like a 12 year old girl, I hear Hello Kitty is starting a new mmorpg sometime soon, so do cash in on that action.

Also if you're so serious about quitting Runescape, why should it matter which clan lists you are on or not?

Seriously, take a breather and stop acting childish and attention [bleep]-ish.

Edit: Also what happened to my sig and avatar :o

Please depart us by singing in the ghetto by Elvis its my fav=]

11_raiders.gif

See you soon Maur. I'm pretty sure you're back when the new F2P skill is with us. Just take break for now, you earned that. :wink:

It's true, Jagex is pampering the members way to much. New dungeons brings new items and more drops. In the godwars dungeon players can get an incredible amout of items, living rock caverns gives alot of congregated coal and gold, membership prayertraining influences the F2P community. After time, we F2P feel the consequenses of that. Prices rise and others decrease just because of the new flow into the economy. Jagex stated F2P is a game on it's own but the economy isn't. There is a good reason to grumble about Jagex actions.

But i'm sure there is coming a new age. An age with decay in membership interest and increase of the F2P status. Other MMO games also started free player gaming content, they want to rival with Runescape. Jagex have to upgrade free world soon to keep the leadership in free player gaming.

~Greedy44~

greedy44.png

Right now I'm a little disappointed in where RS is going and with that being said I don't have my mind set on maxing or reaching particular rank in the f2p list.

I'm playing for enjoyment as I always should have and making goals here and there.

When RS goes downhill for X amount of time I'll go play my Xbox 360 and enjoy my gaming time there.

I used to always favour RS over everything but now I realize it is just another game that I will soon have to leave or grow bored of.

However, for me, I want the most efficient exp for my time or else I'll get bored so sadly I'll never play RS the normal way again (not powerleveling).

However, what I may do is restore previous 99's, PK or buy God Armour again and maybe a rare.

~ Ani

Animorph_2.png

Didn't Genworth5 already max? Oh, and grats on 5743/search123.

>.< I saw that Genworth5 was underneath Armeng90 and immediately assumed that he just maxxed (obviously Armeng90 just passed him in total exp.).

And GL Maur irl. I'm not going to yell at you for what you've said because I respect your thoughts and I have no right to tell you otherwise. It was nice meeting you. ^_^

:thumbup:

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

See you soon Maur. I'm pretty sure you're back when the new F2P skill is with us. Just take break for now, you earned that. :wink:

It's true, Jagex is pampering the members way to much. New dungeons brings new items and more drops. In the godwars dungeon players can get an incredible amout of items, living rock caverns gives alot of congregated coal and gold, membership prayertraining influences the F2P community. After time, we F2P feel the consequenses of that. Prices rise and others decrease just because of the new flow into the economy. Jagex stated F2P is a game on it's own but the economy isn't. There is a good reason to grumble about Jagex actions.

But i'm sure there is coming a new age. An age with decay in membership interest and increase of the F2P status. Other MMO games also started free player gaming content, they want to rival with Runescape. Jagex have to upgrade free world soon to keep the leadership in free player gaming.

~Greedy44~

To be honest, F2P has become a lot easier with introduction of major updates such as GE. Look how quickly many people got all lvl 99s after the GE introduction. It certainly beats standing in a overheated server shouting on hours on end to get the stuff you want. With pvp world introduction, I heard it was a lot easier to mine runite ores. So mining runite ores and using GE to gather and merchant stuff has made F2P even easier. (Hence fueling the whole prayer and RC skill) RS F2P has always been the same for me, and if it become more P2p like, then comparison between a F2p and P2p are almost the same. Then the P2p would start howling nonsense that they are paying for our update so on and so forth.

For the most part, there is no point saying RS is a bad game after you gain so much xp in it. When you start to train all the skill to lvl 99 as a goal, prepare for a long haul in the end, I am not even really going for most efficient time training. I rather train the longer way, and savor the game because that's how I enjoy it (and not to much it disrupted my work). I remember the interview done by Novalyfe and he said how he spend tons of hours training to get P2p number one back in the days, so he train crazy for 3 years, obtain the title, and bam, quit. Made me realize that in order to stay on top in RS, u gotta keep on training, because new things keep coming out to keep the players entertained (hence you will never be number one).

Besides, if you don't play RS, you will simply move on to another game, and if by strict definition, playing video games does not equate to better quality of life, and you could have earn more money, more time on studying, or volunteer in your community instead of spending time in front computer screen or game console that just give you that sense of transient pleasure. Which is not a crime for recreational purposes, some would argue that it totally depend on person's perspective, if he or she is happy, then who care, others can't say anything otherwise. But its a bit like how a WoWer always laugh at RSer, in the end, both parties are generally the same.

That's just my two bits on things, and overall summary how I look at RS from a F2P POV.

PS. Deep down inside, I always feel that Mendark 9 still number 1 f2p, and Franzk always first F2P to get prayer 99, lol

a happy Runescaper

Very nice writing Central, I enjoyed reading it.

Now that I look at it, RS has been a large part of my past, and will make up a large portion of my childhood.

Not because I spent every day always on the computer, I can only do that once or so on holidays, but rather the thoughts I get from it.

It's something I have carried along with me, a place where I can relax, be myself in times of hardship, relive stress, meet people and be good at another video game.

I believe video games are good for us as humans (of course nothing over the top) because according to the News last night, they create complex brains in humans and in console games they create hand eye coordination.

However, like you said you should do other things, but a person can do what they what with their time, whatever gives them that sense of pleasure like again, you said.

~Ani

Animorph_2.png

Guest mauranius

To all my friends; I might miss you ;) but little to no chance I'm coming back

To all those wagons; I have the right to not want my player name to be anywhere. I can always go to the site on my own and ask to be removed from the list there, but I wanted to do it in a respectable way. I don't want my highscore to endorse other players in a lifetime of crappy clicking. You might not understand it, but you can still respect my desicion like many other people did.

To all the backstabbers & betrayers; well you know what I want you to do to yourself, not going to post that on these forums.. so yeh water & others, piss off...

To all my friends; I might miss you ;) but little to no chance I'm coming back

To all those wagons; I have the right to not want my player name to be anywhere. I can always go to the site on my own and ask to be removed from the list there, but I wanted to do it in a respectable way. I don't want my highscore to endorse other players in a lifetime of crappy clicking. You might not understand it, but you can still respect my desicion like many other people did.

To all the backstabbers & betrayers; well you know what I want you to do to yourself, not going to post that on these forums.. so yeh water & others, piss off...

Have a good life Maur, I'm sure others MAY understand it when they get to a higher level like you and using all those hours.

You have inspired me to look at RS in a new way, a way I should have all along.

Thank you & farewell.

Animorph_2.png

Sorry Mauranius, I had no intentions of flaming you or anything. (Even though you DID insult Jagex...)

The real reason that I still want you on the list is to see how many players actually maxed out in F2P.

I don't want people to go thinking only 11 people maxed (assuming we're counting 5743). I want them to be able to know the precise number so they would have the accurate data. :)

Of course, other maxed F2Pers will think the bright side to this.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

Sorry Mauranius, I had no intentions of flaming you or anything. (Even though you DID insult Jagex...)

The real reason that I still want you on the list is to see how many players actually maxed out in F2P.

I don't want people to go thinking only 11 people maxed (assuming we're counting 5743). I want them to be able to know the precise number so they would have the accurate data. :)

Of course, other maxed F2Pers will think the bright side to this.

I would like him on the list but it isn't our choice to make.

And who cares if he insulted Jagex, he has a right to his opinions and thoughts.

Animorph_2.png

Seems like Mauranius is like another ex-player who thinks, that all rs players are nerds and noobs. I've seen several people like that, immediately after quit they start flaming Jagex and rs players, yeah, it's very immature.

581st to Cooking 99 [June 2005]-------------71537th to Hitpoints 99 [December 2009]

233rd to Firemaking 99 [February 2006]----65875th to Defence 99 [February 2010]

822nd to Woodcutting 99 [March 2006]------95249th to Attack 99 [April 2010]

576th to Fishing 99 [september 2006]-------14016th to Crafting 99 [January 2011]

83541st to Strength 99 [May 2009]----------124340th to Magic 99 [June 2011]

23885th to Smithing 99 [september 2011]--XXXXXXth to Ranged 99 [October 2012]

F2p forever ...

Seems like Mauranius is like another ex-player who thinks, that all rs players are nerds and noobs. I've seen several people like that, immediately after quit they start flaming Jagex and rs players, yeah, it's very immature.

He is a maxed f2per and I agree with him.

Mod MMG hasn't done [cabbage] for F2P in the past year.

Also, maxing is a fair amount of time that could be spent doing other things.

Sure I'm making assumptions here and there are many reasons that involves someone spending that much time playing RS, but it is a long time to play single game.

Animorph_2.png

Sure I'm making assumptions here and there are many reasons that involves someone spending that much time playing RS, but it is a long time to play single game.

Why doesn't Jagex say honestly the advertisement market crashed due to the global economic flaw. Papers and websites have financial problems of this, it can't be true Jagex feels nothing financially. I have the feeling F2P content is 'frozen' cause of this.

Maur got some good points about F2P but is a bit overreacting (flaming). If he posted some good idea's to upgrade free world, he had more credibility.

greedy44.png

Guest mauranius

Why doesn't Jagex say honestly the advertisement market crashed due to the global economic flaw. Papers and websites have financial problems of this, it can't be true Jagex feels nothing financially. I have the feeling F2P content is 'frozen' cause of this.

Maur got some good points about F2P but is a bit overreacting (flaming). If he posted some good idea's to upgrade free world, he had more credibility.

mackenzie don't talk like you know me, you don't know jack [cabbage] poo pile of me. I've been battling Jagex EVER SINCE they removed the wilderness, I've battled them on many steps they took that in my eyes are just absurd. I've seen them for years ruining our community, I tried contacting them but they removed all our entrances of contacting them on a normal way just upon the point we gained acces to RSOF.

Then I tried to proclaim my disagreement on RSOF, and all my post got removed, I got banned several times just because they didn't agree with me. I've visited Q&A sessions in which I have been trying to tell Jagex they have been doing a lausy job for so many years. But all Jagex left me after these years was a countless number of mutes, I've been banned from Mod MMG's cc for calling one of his generals an [wagon] and many of the friends I used to play with deserted me, because i was so furious at this game as well as it's players. I'm one of the few higher leveled players that isn't crawling up MMG's back brown canal trying to lick it clean to score some points.

It was a god shame I wasn't invited at Jagex HQ because I was 6th on the f2p list for a while (yeh they invited the top 5, of which only 3 came....) i would have told them, right in person, that I disagree with some of the routes Jagex is taking and will be taking. I know what I've spend to max f2p, I never called anyone on this game a nerd or a loser I just don't want them to end up like me. Not over such a crappy game

So mackenzie, you don't know anything about me so I suggest you to shut it before I'll have to resort to putting a godsword down your throat (or slice your hands off seeing you're typing).

For the other people, have a good time, you can enjoy the game if you must, but remember eventually Jagex will overkill every aspect of this game we consider as fun, so have your fun while it last, do not mind the old rule 1, as for foul language is your key to succes ;)

oh yeh and jagex sucks :)

EDIT: I took this further.... I now have requested at jagex to remove my account from their files, should make me not appear on any list any more thanks fror driving me this way :)

Mauranius, what you think of RS and Jagex is just what YOU think. I still think it is a very fun game, and it does indeed deserve the best MMORPG title. :)

It is all subjective.

Also, like I said, if you remove yourself from the list, we won't have an accurate measure of the Top 250 F2P (or even the Runescape hiscores). So please, keep yourself on the list so the data isn't misleading. Will you do this for us? ;)

douvdFX.jpg

Blog