Avril Lavigne

Shazarabbit

What do you guys think of Avrils new album? My personal favourites are:

Girlfriend

Innocence

Runaway

Where You're Gone :)

How about you? Do you think this latest album will be as successful as her others?

Oh and f your Aussie/New Zealander show your support for Avril Lavigne on the Hot30.

Pgkhqob.jpg

Proud Tip.It Moderator December 07 - October 2009
Proud TETAU Member 2006 - 2007 <3
"I had a standing agreement with god. I'd agree to believe in him, barely, so long as he let me sleep in on Sundays." - Rose Hathaway
[ Posting & You ] [ Forum Rules ] [ Next Tetau Event ]

I think her music is quite basic and the lyrics quite poor but shes quite pretty and some of her songs are quite catchy. The video for Girlfriend is nice ;)

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

She's lookin pretty damn hot in that Girlfriend video. That's all I have to say about that.

That's about all I have to say about her as well be honest.

Same here :P.

I think she has influenced a lot of teenage girls to learn the guitar and be 'cool' like her.

newsigzl2.jpg

^Sir Jem 05-The Bunny Drinking Blog?^ Click it!

tetsupportsig2.jpg

She's lookin pretty damn hot in that Girlfriend video. That's all I have to say about that.

That's about all I have to say about her as well be honest.

:oops:

Very true.She looks kinda old on the promo pics though.

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

Only reason I watched the entirity of that video.

Anyway, I guess she's done well for herself, but I really don't like her. I'm pretty biased against pop, and any popular music in general. Except maybe the Strokes.

Cool.

Yeah I think we need to establish here, there is a difference between liking the music and liking the video. The latter is what I think the poster wanted discussed :-#

What do you guys think of Avrils new album?

Meh :P

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

I don't really like it. I don't like her looks either. But it's not like I can't stand it. However, I do start sweating a bit when I hear tracks like Sk8erb0y.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

That pretty much sums it up...but she was still pretty "cool" a few years ago when i use to listen to her a little bit..

Epee-Signature-2.png

I recently saw the Girlfriend video and sat down to actually listen to the lyrics. A snippet:

You're so fine

I want you mine

You're so delicious

I think about you all the time

She's like so whatever

And you can do so much better

I think we should get together now

And that's what everyone's talking about

Right. A shining light of beautiful language and deep thoughts. I think it's offensive that the song is about stealing a guy away from another girl. But apparantly I'm pretty conservative, because I really find the whole pimp-culture debasing and degrading.

So, not a huge fan I'm afraid. I did like her original look a few years back, with the tie. Her first few songs were OK for pop music.

^^actually if you look carefully both girls are acted by Avril, so it could actually just be making a farce over that kind of mentality that many girls have? Although really i'm just playing devils advocate here because I think her music sucks.

^^actually if you look carefully both girls are acted by Avril, so it could actually just be making a farce over that kind of mentality that many girls have? Although really i'm just playing devils advocate here because I think her music sucks.
All three girls sir. Geeky redhead, boyfriend stealing brunette and herself as the blonde who gets the guy at the end.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Yeah I saw she played all three girls with a "when two dogs fight over a bone, the third one runs away with it" sort of twist - but there's nothing in the lyrics themselves that even hints at this. So the video just seems to be a marketing-ploy to shut people like me up. Hah!

Ah, Avril Lavigne. That's the one who turned her back totally on her last image to adopt a new [bleep] one, because she knew it would boost her sales?

Oh yeah. Love her.

Cmon like noone has ever done that before...

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

Ah, Avril Lavigne. That's the one who turned her back totally on her last image to adopt a new [bleep] one, because she knew it would boost her sales?

Oh yeah. Love her.

Cmon like noone has ever done that before...

The difference being though, he was a good musician (controversial?). Fair point though.

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"