Abbysals and Nechs

retaxis2

Well, it was always thought that abbysal demons are much more profitable then nechs but i think the time has come when you can make more money at nechs then abbysal demons.

I test this by going to abbysal demons and killing 200 a few times then going to nechs and killing 200 a few times.

If you include all the slayer assignments i have done on these two i come to the conclusion that each time i do a slayer assignment on nechs i generally get approximately 2 rune boots, around 100k worth of seeds and roughly 100k of rune items/runes/other which is normally around 500-550k worth of GP.

I then do abbysals, as they never drop good seeds like nechs they main money maker from them is pure essences and rune mediums and the occasional rune chain. I normally have 4 - 5 slayer tasks before i can get a whip meaning it is quite rare. Basiclly i speculate i make around 400k per trip at abbysal demons compared to 500-550k at nechs

This is pretty pathetic to be honest so if i want to make some cash i generally go to nechs now.

So what do you think?

Yeah, I have to disagree strongly, also. Out of the 12 whip drops I have had, 6 of them I got in pairs on 3 tasks. I always get at least 1 whip everytime I have a task there. When I get Nechryael, I always get 1 pair of Rune Boots, rarely two.

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

|2,300+ Total|138 Combat|12 Lvl 99 Skills|99 Slayer|blogbutton.png

Also, abyssals do not have those annoying death spawns.

hvXho.png

99+ all 23rd March 2012 - 2496 total 13th June 2012.

9000+ dragon drops! Including draconic visage, d chains, d spears, d2h, d claws, d meds, d legs, d skirts... d bones, d hides :)?

w85p2012-1.png

I want jagex to put resource dungeons and dungeoneering skill doors to dungeoneering floors so I can dungeon and get dungeoneering xp while I dg so I don't have to dg to get dg exp, but I can dg while I dg :)?

I've gone a couple of thousand abyssals without a whip (Haven't had one since 85) but I average 3-4 rune boots per trip at nechs. Last trip I got: 4 Rune boots, 5 rune larges, 2 half keys and 2 clues.

First of all, the drops are all random as you all know.

But in my own experience, I would still go with the abyssals as being the more profitable monster to kill.

I don't think I would have been able to buy a white phat, santa and mask set just by killing nechs.

aglipoy.png

I've also gotten tired of killing Abbys .. The slayer XP rate isn't very good, I rarely get a whip, and the other Abby drops aren't very good. In contrast, I get a full load of seeds, a decent # of death runes, a couple of rune items, and usually one pair of rune boots from a Nech task. Oh, and the XP rate is a little better (usually about 1k more slayer XP per hour).

2.7m melee combat exp without a single whip :|. Don't feel like killing them anymore.

over last 18 days I have done 14 abby tasks, in fact I just got assigned another 147, and will do it tonight after work....no whips. Speaking of which, I have only gotten one whip drop since I made 85 and I have killed thousands. I even made a new wealth prior to each of the last 8 assignments of abbies...no drop. oh well.

lord+krohn.png

RS name: lord krohn Combat 138

slayer specific: 103 whips, 38 dark bows and 250+ dragon boots dropped to date.

Dragon drops: 5 Half shields, 21 drag legs, 8 dragon skirts, and 9 drag meds dropped to date.

Glad to see I'm not the only one who likes Nechs better than Abbys. Whips are way too infrequent and Abbys are a lot harder to kill. And as a farmer, I love the seed drops.

Berrakus.png

Dragon Drops - 10 Meds, 9 Legs, 5 Skirts, 2 Left Half

PM me to have any potions made or crafting done

Glad to see I'm not the only one who likes Nechs better than Abbys. Whips are way too infrequent and Abbys are a lot harder to kill. And as a farmer, I love the seed drops.

Abbys have a max hit of 8? While Nechs spawn monsters.......

As much as it saddens me, you're probably correct. I've found from the many many tasks I've performed that Nechrayaels are more profitable of late, particularily since Jagex have tampered with the whip drop rates.

You really have no proof of that.

As soon as someone doesn't get a whip during a single task they FREAK out and assume Jagex has tampered with something. Well, guess what, folks...it's all in your head. The drops are random, period, end of story.

So while some of you may think Nechryael are more profit per task, I think otherwise. It is just in MY experience that I have had better luck at Abyssals than at Nechryael. Keyword there is LUCK.

And keep in mind...it takes seven and a half or more Rune Boots to be able to equal ONE Abyssal Whip. That right there tells me Nechryael are not more profitable unless you are extremely unlucky.

And don't even get me started on the other drops Abyssals have as opposed to Nechryael. lol.

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

|2,300+ Total|138 Combat|12 Lvl 99 Skills|99 Slayer|blogbutton.png

particularily since Jagex have tampered with the whip drop rates.

Not really. My friend got 3 whips in one slayer task of about 160 a day or two ago. If they tampered with the drop rate, then he may have only gotten 1.

This is what i've been suspecting actually. Every time i look at a slayer log i see that people get at least 400k worth on a Nech task and rarely anything on a Demon task... Then again i dont know from experience, only 66 slayer right now. :?

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.

If it takes you two hours to sell a pair of rune boots, you're doing something wrong. I sell all mine for 180k each and it usually takes me five minutes tops to sell 2-4 pairs. I cannot really compare the two tasks, though.... As I am only 82 slayer.

td2sig.jpg

I prefer demons merely because it feels good to get a whip drop. You don't get that feeling when seeing rune boots. It's just, "Argh, another pair of boots I've gotta spend 2 hours to sell."
i never have a problem sellin rune boots.. when i get em and go to sell i'm there 2 -3 mins and bam their gone

RSN: drgnslyer15

Drgnslyer15.png

15 skills 90+ - 10 skills 99 - 200m+ total exp

I prefer Nechryaels as well. Rune boots are very easy to sell and you're sure to get at least 1 pair per task. I've gotten 15 pairs so fair, not one whip. So if you want to be sure of a steady income, go Nechs. If you're looking for a jackpot, take your chances on abyssals.

Sadly for me, ever since I got 85 slayer, I haven't had one Nechryael task (87 slayer now :().