18 June 2007 - The Dragonfire Shield and Game Improvements

Uula

Great, yet another blow to slayers... the metal dragons are going to be far too busy now... yet another task I'm going to have to skip now :evil:

Or you could still do them and mock the inexperienced idiots who think they can kill a metal dragon and pick up the loot they drop :D. It'll die down soon enough. But it's true that slayers are getting a lot of attention lately. A good thing, no?

Yer, fair point :-k

Harrington.gif

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey but why everybody forget fifty charges of dragon flames and big power unleash!!!!!!And will it work against other players???

Mod Luke

Jagex Mod

18-Jun-2007 11:25:07

Last edited on 18-Jun-2007 11:26:45 by Mod Luke

It sure can be used PvP. Dunno how high it can hit.

That's from official forums.

mazurizi.png

Looks like ill be needing to train my defence.

Nice updates Jagex, hope you really pumped up the crossbows 8-)

reaper6zr7.png

Interrested in joining the cabbagy madness? Click here to go to our forums, and say hi ^^

lol one of the biggest pvp updates of the year, and tip it is discussing granite

The Dragonfire Shield

Meet the best shield in the game ladies and gentleman.

And now every1 will have 75 defence!

sig3ax9.png

98% Of teenagers surround their minds with rap music, if you're part of the 2% that stayed with rock, put this in your signature, ROCK IS BETTER!

So does the stats degrade over time like the crystal shield? Or if it is as powerful as it can be does it stay that way forever?

Unless I've missed it somewhere you probably won't know, but if it stayed like that I'd want it for sure.

How many runescape players does it take to change a lightbulb?

1 to change the bulb and the other 49 to complain about how it was better before.

THE MODS THERE ARE COMPLETE AND UTTER IDIOTS!

So why are you here?

I'm starting to love Jagex. They are putting in some really useful things, and that new shield will be awesome, WAY better then obsidian wihch I currently use. Hopefully Oziach don't charge too much to make them.

hatewn1.png

So does the stats degrade over time like the crystal shield? Or if it is as powerful as it can be does it stay that way forever?

Unless I've missed it somewhere you probably won't know, but if it stayed like that I'd want it for sure.

I undestanded that you can unleash it when pressing button operate.I think so if you don't use dragonfire it gona last 4 ever.

sig3ax9.png

98% Of teenagers surround their minds with rap music, if you're part of the 2% that stayed with rock, put this in your signature, ROCK IS BETTER!

The dragonfire shield is a remarkable piece of equipment capable of unleashing the awesome power of a dragon's fiery breath. See Smithing - Extra Features for details about how to make a dragonfire shield.

To charge your dragonfire shield you will need to fight dragons. As the shield still holds all the abilities of an anti-dragonbreath shield, you will be protected from most of the damage of the dragon's flame. Each time the shield protects you, it will charge up, storing the power of the breath to be unleashed later.

A dragonfire shield can hold fifty charges of dragon's breath. To see how many charges your shield has, right-click on it and select 'Inspect'.

To discharge the flame, right-click on the equipped shield while you are in combat and select 'Operate'. The shield will then fire a deadly blast of fiery energy at your opponent, potentially inflicting massive damage. The shield will need to cool down for a while before you can unleash its flames again.

~ The shield can hold up to fifty charges, and each charge stored within it will add +1 to its stab, slash, crush and ranged defence. So, for example, with 30 charges stored it will have + 50 stab defence, + 55 slash defence, + 52 crush defence, + 10 magic defence and + 52 ranged defence.

it looks freakin awesome anyway.first the darkbow and now this

:D

edit:this looks like a even better alternative to thethird agemelee kiteshield.will be interesting to see how the prices pan out

tifsdac6mc.gif

They are already ranting about the shield in RSOF. :XD:

wow thats fast ><

they were rantinga bout the dark bow before they even relased it.as soon as they heard about it in the bts they started ranting about how melee will be underpowered and magic is underpowered because they dont get a better type of ice barrage.

seriousley when it comes to this game i hate whiners

tifsdac6mc.gif

Looks good! That blast you can unleash, is that a dragonbreath attack? If so, an antidragon or dragonfire shield just became compulsory in wildy.

either that or a rune defender

OMG... and i thought i am starting to own in wildy now this?!

Hey Nicrune007 , Whats Your Username?

twss.jpg

99 Ranged on 2/6/07 99 Hit Points on 9/5/08 99 Defense on 26/4/08 99 Attack on 14/2/09 99 Strength on 25/2/09 99 Slayer on 13/9/09\:D/

+10 magic defence ASWELL as HUUUUUUGE melee defence bonuses. Best Sheild for CW by miiiiiiiiles.

Assuming the drops gonna be pretty rare though, nice def requirement too *does defence cape emote* :lol:

Good job I'm 75 defence exactly and have a spare few mils :D

Goldenjkered.png

Whips: 3 Dragon Boots: 15

My 99's: Attack & Cooking

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Goldenjkered

OMG... DONT BUY FROM PLAYERS..BUY FROM OZIACH!! :D

If i understood correctly, he doesn't sell it but can be paid to make the new sheild instead of getting 99 smithing and doing it yourself.

The visage has to be obtained from a dragon drop.

EDIT:

Requirements to make the dragonfire shield

Anti-dragonbreath shield

Draconic visage

Level 90 Smithing (if you don't want to pay Oziach to make it for you)

lanthuscg3.png

+10 magic defence ASWELL as HUUUUUUGE melee defence bonuses. Best Sheild for CW by miiiiiiiiles.

Assuming the drops gonna be pretty rare though, nice def requirement too *does defence cape emote* :lol:

Good job I'm 75 defence exactly and have a spare few mils :D

I think the shield and the visage are both untradable. Don't quote me on that though.

It's all hearsay at the moment.

mazurizi.png