Kill_Thomas9

I just went to read the Dev Diary, and found this:

Also, as the updated Varrock proves, it won't just be limited to NPCs...

This may be a shot in the dark, but it seems like to me they're hinting at updating the graphics of our avatars.

What do you think?

**I am sure they are hinting about updating the graphics of something, so if you think they are hinting about something other than NPCs, please feel free to post it.

The second Development Diary can be found here for those of you who haven't read it yet.

Umm, well besides NPCs we also have ...

TOWNS? Thousands upon thousands of squares of LANDSCAPE?

My greatest ambition is to kill every member of the human race.

crackersapparentlyiu8.png

However I am a realist and therefore know that I probably wont be able to.

idiotacyoa5.png

yes, varrock is a town so, if they were referring to avatars, they might have hinted at something else... although there's nothing that i can think of that would suggest avatars. :-k i guess you could be right.

rare%20ghoul2.gif

rare%20ghoul2.gif

i hope so. but you never know.

other than NPCs, we have minigames...

i personally would love a CW graphics update. and they should change the towers on the middle island so you can range or mage someone from it, like on the walls. \'

16574381pm8.png

He's got a point about our avatars though. I'm sure many of you have seen screen shots from the advertising membership part showing players with new hairstyles, facial hair and features.

Although it could be that we'll never get players looking like that, just like we'll never get that nice blue sky over Crandor in one of the pictures.

calvinandhobbessigedite.png

i personally would love a CW graphics update. and they should change the towers on the middle island so you can range or mage someone from it, like on the walls. \'

castle wars would be great at with an update ::'

Played since February 2001

alexrn2vh6.jpg

13th to 30 hunting

firemaking cape achieved 6th August 2008_-_-_-_Quest cape achieved 19th August 2009

Or maybe every game the scenery can change, one game could be a volcano\wildy theme, one could be ice, once could be a forest ETC.
Your name is "bet you fail", and you're starting a business with your mom? I'm not even going to touch that.....

Thanks for the feedback guys. But dont you think they we're just about due for an update?

They even said this:

Previously, we set a cap of five hundred polygons per model. Now, your basic human NPC still has that many, but we can use up to around 2,000-2,500 for the larger models

Our avatar still has the old, basic number of polygons that have been here since the release of rs2, even though we look at them more than anything else in the game. Dont you think we are overdue for an update?

Or maybe every game the scenery can change, one game could be a volcano\wildy theme, one could be ice, once could be a forest ETC.

that would be way too hard, and there would be even more lag in the cw area than there already is. i do think that they should update the graphics there though.

rare%20ghoul2.gif

rare%20ghoul2.gif

You know, it probably wouldn't be too difficult for Jagex to add new hairstyles and clothing selections into the game.. They don't have to change any of the existing code for the standard avatar images, just add to it. Since the code already exists for several unique hairstyles (The falcon trainer's, for example) they could just copy/paste it while adding a couple lines to allow for selection of that particular hairstyle when designing/redesigning your character's appearance.

td2sig.jpg

Thanks for the feedback guys. But dont you think they we're just about due for an update?

They even said this:

Previously, we set a cap of five hundred polygons per model. Now, your basic human NPC still has that many, but we can use up to around 2,000-2,500 for the larger models

Our avatar still has the old, basic number of polygons that have been here since the release of rs2, even though we look at them more than anything else in the game. Dont you think we are overdue for an update?

They'd have to update every single piece of armor in the game.

That would take sooooo long.

Advatars would take months and possibly even years to update with the thousands of wearable items currently in the game, and the many that are made each update.

A update this large would not likley be around until RS3, which is most likley several YEARS away. Its like POH, they take ages upong ages to develop.

One thing I did find intresting is this however:

There were also some skeleton personalities: Mod Mark says, "The interesting part was when it came to the Legends' Quest NPCs (San Tojalon, Irvig Senay and Ranalph Devere) who, when they were originally designed, we didn't have the ability to make them unique. We do now." He continues, "So after chatting with Mod Tytn (Legends' Quest developer), Mod Damian decided to go to town with them...and they look amazing. Although we could have waited until the quest rework, it's easier to do all the NPCs in one go because of the way we design them."

Legends Quest Re-Work?! :shock:

dawnsigblue-3.png

Advatars would take months and possibly even years to update with the thousands of wearable items currently in the game, and the many that are made each update.

A update this large would not likley be around until RS3, which is most likley several YEARS away. Its like POH, they take ages upong ages to develop.

One thing I did find intresting is this however:

There were also some skeleton personalities: Mod Mark says, "The interesting part was when it came to the Legends' Quest NPCs (San Tojalon, Irvig Senay and Ranalph Devere) who, when they were originally designed, we didn't have the ability to make them unique. We do now." He continues, "So after chatting with Mod Tytn (Legends' Quest developer), Mod Damian decided to go to town with them...and they look amazing. Although we could have waited until the quest rework, it's easier to do all the NPCs in one go because of the way we design them."

Legends Quest Re-Work?! :shock:

yeah i noticed that most from the diary but i thought it was something theyve already done.

tifsdac6mc.gif

Umm, well besides NPCs we also have ...

TOWNS? Thousands upon thousands of squares of LANDSCAPE?

+1

+2 nbut maybne your right about the avatars.

img.cfm?img=41871

Yeah...Some people just go out of their way to ruin other peoples fun.
Sounds like Jagex to me...

I think they should, regardless of if they are. Varrock looks pretty, but with our awesome 40 polygon bodies trudging aorund it doesn't seem the same. I think maybe an update consisting of plenty more ways to customize your character came out, whoa boy, I would be one happy banana

panicpantsim9.jpg