2008 Presidential Elections

the_god_of_soup

I actually had a dream that Russia, China, and a few other countries started a nuclear war and spread a new, extreme form of communism.

So, I have to agree with Om_S, lol.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually had a dream that Russia, China, and a few other countries started a nuclear war and spread a new, extreme form of communism.

So, I have to agree with Om_S, lol.

That's weird. I was reading some mediums and people who lived near-death experiences predictions on the future, and quite a few times I read things about Russia and China attacking the US with nuclear weapons. Scary, that looks like your dream :uhh:

Not to take too seriously, since they are just possibilities. It just struck me how that looks like your dream.

http://www.near-death.com/experiences/research32.html

Link for NDErs prediction, I lost the link for the medium website, somewhere lost in favorites.

2480+ total

Yeah, read my post on page 2 of the Weird Dreams thread. I slept 11 hours that night.

Scared the [cabbage] out of me because the song Evil Angel by Breaking Benjamin fits the dream.

---

On-topic:

You seriously think Barack Obama won't win because of racism?

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

mhm, i wouldn't take a link to seriously that actually belives there is a possibility of things like these happening:

(a) No nuclear holocaust will occur (but possibly 1 or 2 bombs go off).

(B) There will be almost no technology in the future.

© Children to be the most precious commodity in the world.

(d) Raising children is will be the highest priority.

(e)

A euphoric future with no anxiety, no hatred, no competition, enormous trust and mutual respect.

(f ) Love and prayer will become a stronger force on earth.

(g) People will garden more in the future with almost no effort.

(h) Gardens will grow by the power of prayer.

(i ) Groups of people praying together will be able to control the climate.

(j ) Animals will live in harmony with people.

(k) Wisdom will be more important than knowledge.

(l ) All knowledge can be accessed through prayer.

(m)

People will be able to communicate telepathically with everyone else in the world.

(n) There will be greater insight into life after death.

(o) It will be like the Garden of Eden.

(p) God will usher the paradise on earth within the next 200 years.

(q) For paradise to come, God will have to restrict some of humanity's free will.

(r ) This world will resemble some near-death descriptions of heaven.

(s) Travel will be instantaneous.

(t ) The need for clothing and shelter will be eliminated.

And i read some of the predictions and laughed, i mean it was stuff like "This woman said an event will happen soon!" wow.

And another one conviniently said something about how great these predictons are because they may not happen so if they don't it doesn't invalidate the "spiritual awareness", so basically they're morons.

Signature3.gif

With so many trees in the city you could see the spring coming each day until a night of warm wind would bring it suddenly in one morning. Sometimes the heavy cold rains would beat it back so that it would seem that it would never come and that you were losing a season out of your life. But you knew that there would always be the spring as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason. In those days though the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed.

As much as I love American politics (gag) Sergei Ivanov is a shoo-in. Outstanding democratic and human rights record, very friendly with the West, fresh ideas for the economy that Putin laid the ground work for, and tough on organized crime. He's perfect. Russia will be back on top before you silly Americans know what hit you. :lol:

As much as I agree and would like this to go further in this thread, this thread is about the American 2008 elections. And you're right: Russia will re-gain superpower status very quickly.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

[hide]

mhm, i wouldn't take a link to seriously that actually belives there is a possibility of things like these happening:

(e)

A euphoric future with no anxiety, no hatred, no competition, enormous trust and mutual respect.

(m)

People will be able to communicate telepathically with everyone else in the world.

(q) For paradise to come, God will have to restrict some of humanity's free will.

[/hide]

Would be funny if it actually happened :uhh:

2480+ total

[hide]

(e)

(m)

[/hide]

would be..but thats Peace right there....

[hide]

(e)

(m)

[/hide]

would be..but thats Peace right there....

Most of the predictions talk of wars, and earthquakes, about 80% of the population would die. Only after that, would peace come.

2480+ total

If he was a moron, then I guess he didn't put our troops in the middle east to fight off the towel heads

But neither will win; this country is too racist, everywhere you look there is one. Down south, from where I live up in new england, it doesn't stop. I hope, one day, we will be ready, and a black person/woman will be president.

How ironic.

You can't tell me you are not judgmental, or even a small bit of racist because if you say you are, then you are lying to yourself. Nowadays, we don't know whom to trust. Despite this irony, sure, I literally HATE what they did to us, I know many people whom had losses from the attack, and literally HATE all of them, And you cannot tell me you have no HATE within you because again, we all do. Also, the term towel head is more of a discriminative comment than racist.

And my final realization is, since all of the democrats I hear and know about say one thing, "They don't want us over there! They hate us!" Then I guess they aren't happy we killed that tyrant and had them hang his [wagon], I guess they liked being massacred day by day, I guess we shouldn't be involved.

It may be a tad ironic that I said both terms, but we all dislike something too much. And for me, and my friends who respect this country, it's those who attacked us in cold blood. Therefore, I shall hate them until the war is done and either they secede, or we secede. I shall hate them for what they did, and I feel bad for those civilians who come to our country and are mocked, for they did nothing to us. My father is a bomb squad officer at Logan airport, the place of the attack, and none of them know no one can be trusted, those who hail from Iraq...It could be simply someone who betrayed this country. Either way...

Hoping to get a new Signature (with matching avatar) soon. :D

In the meantime...Steam username: )I'll rewrite it later (add me if you want)

If he was a moron, then I guess he didn't put our troops in the middle east to fight off the towel heads, the ones that smashed our towers to nothing and made millions of people join oblivion.

First of all, as someone else already pointed out, "towel heads" is an extremely offensive term, and if you complain that "this country is too racist" then you better start re-examining yourself.

Now, ignoring how offensive the term is temporarily, the "towel heads" who smashed our towers are NOT the same "towel heads" that we are fighting over in Iraq. Suddam Hussein had no connection whatsoever to the 9/11 attack. He was fairly secular and didn't even get along with Bin Laden and Al Queda. He committed atrocities of his own, to be sure, against the Iraqi people, and it's probably a good thing he's no longer in power - but if you think for one minute that the War in Iraq is about 9/11, you're completely deluding yourself.

I guess, if many people hated him so much, he was never elected for another term. I guess, in a true reality, that he was never elected in the first place, 9/11 didn't happen, and we are all living in a fake universe created by machines in the matrix. Face it [wagon] wipes, if he wasn't such a good president, then I dunno how he even ended up as president twice. Indeed, I'm a bush supporter, and those of you who say a toothbrush could do better, you are basically saying you can do better. Face this reality/scenario:

What is popular is not always good.

You are the president, and your nation was attacked, pressure was pressed upon you, then I suppose you would say: "Let's not attack them." No. Your first choice would be, in blind fury or shielded fury (Where you look calm but are pissed), "This war will be a long one. It won't be a little while, but many years to come." Then thousands of people cheer.

Many years later, you have idiots prancing on the street, going: (Insert your last name here) is a moron!!!!" And [wagon], like at my school, saying "The main reason why we are over there is to look for imaginary nucs!"

The original reason we went over there IS because we had intelligence that there were weapons of mass destruction in Hussein's possession. This could have been very dangerous- don't underestimate it. This is the reason that Bush gave for going into Iraq. Like I said earlier, you are completely ignorant if you believe 9/11 is directly connected to the war in Iraq. Neither the Hussein regime nor the Iraqi people were responsible for those terrorist attacks. Thus, in our decision to send troops to Iraq, we were not in any sense "attacking those who attacked us."

Additionally, Bush never said back then that this would be a long war. Also, people didn't "cheer", but accepted that it seemed like a necessary move to make, given the evidence they were given (such as the FALSE intelligence about weapons of mass destruction).

Here's a true story. I argued with my friend. A hardcore democrat, who is bent to thinking irrational. He negates 9/11 in his mind, thus ignoring it completely. We where having an argument (I was winning) and he said the same thing over and over: "The only reason we are over there is to hunt imaginary weapons." I yell "What about 9/11?!" He shut's up instantaneously. 5 seconds later: "Republicans and bush are stupid!" I ignored this, but he crossed the line when saying: "You will never understand what it's like to lose someone in the towers!" Well did you? Simple question ending with a no. Thus, I smashed his face and broke his nose (Oops). Never again did he call bush a moron around me. And never again did I resort to violence unless needed.

I have said this many times, but I feel it bears repeating so it can sink in. 9/11 is not the reason we went into Iraq. If it were the reason we went into Iraq, it would have been a stupid and terrible reason, because the terrorists who were responsible for 9/11 are not in any way connected to the Hussein regime, other than that they are both Arab Muslims - and if you group all Arab Muslims together, despite these being two very different groups, then you are just being ridiculously racist.

Additionally, I find your resulting to violence in that situation (with a friend!) absolutely repulsive, and I can see where you might get your eagerness for violence in general, including a war against innocent people.

It's democrats like him that, if I don't lose anyone special from the towers, why should we care? that make me mad. I remember that day we all became a union, no democrats or republicans, because in everyone's eyes, we wanted to simply blow the middle east off the map. But bush did the right thing and went to war. Then, years later, idiots are jumping on the bandwagon and saying bush is a moron. Think: I bet you didn't think that way when 9/11 happened.

Oh my god. I just... ugh. I'm sorry, I don't lose my temper easily, but reading this paragraph just makes my stomach turn.

After 9/11, we were united in grief. We were united by how saddened we were at this terrible tragedy. I live close to New York City, and yet I never EVER wanted to simply blow the middle east off the map. I don't think most people ever did, and it sickens me that you would use that line. We were united in wanting to blow the middle east off the map?! Do you realize how terrible that is? If the thing that unites us is wanting to murder other people, don't you think that's worse than most anything else?

I didn't like Bush when 9/11 happened, and I admit that I like him even less now, because his decisions have turned the world's sympathy for us after 9/11 into the world's anger at our stubborn refusal to cooperate with the rest of the world, and our blindly thrusting a sword forward at the enemy without really considering the consequences (such as that our enemy might not actually be our enemy). I didn't at the time think that Bush did the right thing in going to war, and I still don't.

The country should be united in its love of some core American values: freedom (not the BS term often thrown around, but real freedom - the ability to choose what kind of career you want, to make your own life, to practice whatever religion you like or no religion at all, to have sex if you want or not to if you want, to get married to the love of your life if you want or not to if you want, to write what you want in the newspaper), privacy (what goes on in the bedroom is no business of the government... nor should be your library records), democracy (we vote for people to represent us, and powers are carefully balanced, and no one branch *cough executive* grows too strong).

I'll end on a strange not. What if there are nucs, and after bush is out of office, they use them? Then, the idiots will scream: "OMG Bush should have found those weapons!" Tsk.

You're right - that is a strange note. All current intelligence (which is better documented and prepared than before the war) suggests that neither Iraq nor Al Queda have any nucs. If they did have these weapons, yes, it would be the fault of the current intelligence agencies (the CIA) under the Bush Administration for not finding out. However, it's extremely unlikely that they do, and if they did and then do use them, I think our minds will be on other things (relief operations, I hope) than the blame game. This is a huge problem after Katrina - we spent so much time blaming and not enough fixing up New Orleans, especially the areas were poverty abounded, and the city still isn't rebuilt, and certainly not in a fair or equitable way.

I wouldn't vote for either, but if I had to choose, Obama. Hilary is a lying piece of crap, I remember when she said that we should stay in this war, and the dems booed, but the reps. were happy. But I know she won't uphold that. She'll withdraw the troops and we'll all die. :-w But neither will win; this country is to racist, everywhere you look there is one. Down south, from where I live up in new england, it doesn't stop. I hope, one day, we will be ready, and a black person/woman will be president.

I hope the nation will surprise us and turn out not to be too racist to elect someone like Obama.

Overall, I find this post one of the least patriotic things I've ever read. You swallow up garbage propoganda, and haven't thought for yourself - one of the core values that makes America great, that people rise up and make great lives for themselves when opportunity is available.

Everybody hug and spread the love :D

siggypooro0.jpg

Up here in Illinois (Obama's our senator :thumbsup: ) this is a huge deal. Hilary clinton came here too, and my dad met him. I really want Obama to win, bring a little pride back to our state, because our last president was reagen quite a while back.

What really ticks me off is that Illinois is almost ignored. No, its IOWA who gets all the campaigning, just because they're still undecided in the polls. what does Iowa have thats so important? Corn? DARN YOU IOWA!!

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

Hilary clinton came here too, and my dad met him.

LOLOL!!!!!! :XD:

I'm sure plenty of people have made that mistake :D . Anyways, I like Obama better for the Dems. He is a much more charismatic and likable person than Hilary(in my opinion). I really don't like any of the democtrats or republicans policies this year personally. I'm thinking I will vote a third party canidate.

"Nobody cheers for Goliath"

~Wilt Chamberlain~

Hilary Clinton in 2001 after 911 gave Bush her "full support", whatever its worth, to pursue the terrorists in afghanistan. Now she says Bush is an incompetant President. She'll say anything to get elected, her opinions change according to the region. She would probably make the worst president out of all of them. And don't call me a sexist or anything, if anything I'm less sexist than Hilary-lovers because I'm critiqueing her on who she is and not on the fact that she's the first woman would-be-president.

It's only because the circumstances changed. In the beginning, action was necessary and that is what Clinton believed. Now, the circumstances have changed and this whole thing should be over. She doesn't agree with the administration is doing 8 years later. Yes, they may be doing the same thing but the time frames have CHANGED.

Barack Hussein Obama

First name can rhym with Iraq

Middle name is Hussein

Last name rhyms with Osama

Weird....

Not to mention he spent 4 years of his childhood living in Indonesia where he attended a radical muslim elementary school.

He will never ever be president of the US and will lose in the upcoming Democratic primaries, but for some reason if he becomes president Im leaving the country.

Oh no!! his name rhymes with other words!! Oh no!! He must be evil for this. He has the same name as someone else oh no!!.

Guess what? MY friend's name is Joseph and I hate him? You know why? It's because he hast eh same name as Joseph as in Joseph Stalin! OMG what freak he is!

Holy crap, sephorith_king. I can barely read through all your ad hominem attacks and faulty arguments. Is this how your normally debate? Do you listen to Ann Coulter too much or something?

True that lol. His respect bar is in the negative numbers with most of TIF (probably).

dmanxb7.jpg

Trix.--quit WoW as of 12/07

Thank you 4be2jue for the wonderful sig and avatar!

well ima republican so i hope neither of them make it....i would rather bush make it again (even though he cant..which is kinda good) then clinton or some other dude...a republican needs to win cause democrats are just to weird :?

• 2 weeks later...

I support Ron Paul, but if it comes down to obama or clinton, i'd say obama since clinton is just as neo-con as bush and has inconsistent views. She is a socialist 'i will take things from you for the common good' for big government, and for restriciting civil liberties (she tried to restrict video games! video games are the responsibilities of the parents, not the government!)

Hilary was WITH the war in Iraq when it first started. It just so happens that at the time, the public was with the war in Iraq. Now that the public isn't with the war, Hilary all of a sudden is against it? :-w

CHICKEN BLOOD

well, she's either changed her view also, or is just band-wagon against the war. Either way if the public aren't for the war it's a good 'view' to have, real or not.

Hilary was WITH the war in Iraq when it first started. It just so happens that at the time, the public was with the war in Iraq. Now that the public isn't with the war, Hilary all of a sudden is against it? :-w

CHICKEN BLOOD

well, she's either changed her view also, or is just band-wagon against the war. Either way if the public aren't for the war it's a good 'view' to have, real or not.

I'm pretty sure she justified her change of opinion by stating that she believed the intelligence that was put forward at the time (WMD's etc.) which has now been discredited. In short, she claims the intelligence was misleading. Whether you buy that or not is another thing entirely.

Personally, I'm just waiting on this race getting ugly, thats when it gets interesting.

wild_bunch.gif

He who learns must suffer, and, even in our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart,

and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.

- Aeschylus (525 BC - 456 BC)

Holy crap, sephorith_king. I can barely read through all your ad hominem attacks and faulty arguments. Is this how your normally debate? Do you listen to Ann Coulter too much or something?

True that lol. His respect bar is in the negative numbers with most of TIF (probably).

First...Who's Ann Coulter? Uuhhhhhh :uhh:

I don't normally debate like this, however, I ws enraged on how people so easily bash the president and [may]say some faulty things about the war in Iraq. I was really enraged because mad said my post was unpatriotic (I apologized, he apologized, we're all happy), which is like saying I am.

But who's Ann Coulter??? Someone tell me NOW!!!!!!!

You know what we should do? Vote Oprah! She's a female and she's black! She's smart and she could probably run a presidency better than Hilary! Every week she'd bribe us with Kia's and give us phr33 st00f! Who doesn't want that??? Not only that, but she'd (Porbably) win and be a good president! And along her side shall be Dr. Phil as vice president! Wow...Such possibilities...

politics suck, so do democrats. Anyway, Hillary Clinton cant control her own husband, so why gve her the country? Barack Obama, erm it sounds to much like Osama for the white house. btw im almsot 14

Did you mention your age to justify your ignorant racism?

I am pro war. War is good. Without war this world would be just a pile of radioactive dust right now. If we didn't have war, who would mantain the terrorists? Would they go blowing up more countries? Think about it. I am all for bush, and I think he's done a great job.

Forget about war, lets look at what bush has done to destroy the environment.

10. A supply-side energy policy developed behind closed doors with oil company executives. Remember Vice President Cheney's comment in 2001? "Conservation may be a sign of personal virtue, but it is not a sufficient basis for sound, comprehensive energy policy." When did conservatives stop believing in conservation? Never before have energy, security, and the environment been so strongly coupled. Bush "protects" our economy while ignoring the lifeblood of future environmental and economic progressÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ã

tifsbti6oi.gif

politics suck, so do democrats. Anyway, Hillary Clinton cant control her own husband, so why gve her the country? Barack Obama, erm it sounds to much like Osama for the white house. btw im almsot 14

Did you mention your age to justify your ignorant racism?

How the hell is rhyming Obama and Osama racist? Oh wait, I see, he's comparing Osama and Obama? No...Oh, he's calling Obama Osama!

Listen, Racist's literally term is discrimination to a race. Or hatred towards a race. He's doing nothing of the sort, just being a 14 year old. If he were saying Obama is black and sucks in layman terms, or saying he's Osama, I would agree. But I don't bend and twist what someone says.

If you don't like Obama, good for you. Say it better, like "Obama doesn't have enough political experience to win" because that is true. My friend got his autograph, and thinks it'll be worth millions when he wins. Now think "When" healready thinks he has the position locked. Come on. We have a year left. Don't assume. However, he's a die-hard democrat, nothing I can do there...

In my opinion, Black people should take the white house, but this country will never be ready for it. At least until the racial number goes down. Never know, though, they could surprise us.