Has King Black Dragon lost it's crown? (A Real Discussion)

Latinoking

I <3 the king black dragon, maybe adding a queen black dragon in the same lair or you have to kill the king to get to the queen.. as a sort of warm up. 8-)
that idea sounds pretty sweet actually. Have to beat the king to get the the level 399 Queen!

Who the heck will fight a 399 when a 333 is already tough..... =;

Idk if this has been said already, and sorry if it has

He's the king black dragon

He only has be ebetter than black dragons

Altho he cud use a little buff lol

1. Learn how to type

2. Learn how to read the first page

3. Thanks for making a fool of yourself

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes it has lost its crown, and so what if it has?

Everything gets old with time, and also in Runescape.

Not so long ago Giants lvl 37 were THE BEST than came Moss giants, etc etc.. cant see why to make a big deal over it :shock:

Not so long ago Giants lvl 37 were THE BEST than came Moss giants, etc etc.. cant see why to make a big deal over it :shock:

I'm kind of making a big deal about this is because Knowledge Base calls him master of all dragons yet Jagex releases a Mithril Dragon which is higher combat. What if Jagex were to release Addy and Rune Dragons? Why not just buff him up a alittle. To get the name "King" back. Also every one calls KBD a weak monster when it's suppose to be a top 5 boss. (Dagg Kings count as one)

The only thing that still makes the KBD still worthwhile is the chance at a head drop. As someone stated earlier, everything else it drops can be gotten from much easier monsters.

Berrakus.png

Dragon Drops - 10 Meds, 9 Legs, 5 Skirts, 2 Left Half

PM me to have any potions made or crafting done

I'm kind of making a big deal about this is because Knowledge Base calls him master of all dragons yet Jagex releases a Mithril Dragon which is higher combat. What if Jagex were to release Addy and Rune Dragons? Why not just buff him up a alittle. To get the name "King" back. Also every one calls KBD a weak monster when it's suppose to be a top 5 boss. (Dagg Kings count as one)

I guess you havent heard of a little thing called "TIME" . It takes time to update knowledge databases etc etc. Perhaps if you waited a little longer to make this post it would be totally irrelevant. :-$

I have woken up from my deep slumber and now I'm here to inform you about my thoughts about this whole thing.

It's a damn King Black Dragon, the king of black dragons. It is not a King Dragon, a lord of all dragons and their kin.

It still has a crown but alas, it's only holy to his own kin, the black dragons.

I didin't check all the pages, so this could have been brought up already, if it is, sorry for the bump.

Meow?

I have woken up from my deep slumber and now I'm here to inform you about my thoughts about this whole thing.

It's a damn King Black Dragon, the king of black dragons. It is not a King Dragon, a lord of all dragons and their kin.

It still has a crown but alas, it's only holy to his own kin, the black dragons.

I didin't check all the pages, so this could have been brought up already, if it is, sorry for the bump.

You got to learn how to read before you post. <.<

Personally I think that thids whole thing with mith dragons was not really in line with the "normall" dragon. They went against alot of what they had said before, and it seems, managed to make the KBD not so great comparibly after all.

Btw misterxmen, huge congratz on your 2nd feature in the postie peat thing!

Getting another sig

[removed]

king black dragon maybe could mean king of black dragons...

Its king of the BLACK dragons, only black dragons, not any others.

To both the people who can't read even if their lives depend on it -.-

The King Black Dragon, or KBD to his friends, is an ancient, huge, mean, vicious, near-undefeatable, and downright unsociable master of all dragons

Anyone who once again repeats that King Black Dragon is the King of only Black Dragons will be a Jester and will be force to do idiotic forms of dancing! While me and the rest of people can laugh! :twisted:

I disagree, for one. The only reason the KBD is (was) considered the master of all dragons is because black dragons tended to be the strongest type of non-metal dragons. Thus, a "king" of such a species would logically be far stronger than any other dragon, even the extremely powerful steel dragons.

do you know what a master is? you don't need to be stronger than someone to be their master. A master is someone who personally leads the person they are a master of, or owns them (literally).

And also, by "master of all dragons", they might have meant "all previously KNOWN dragons". Thats just an idea though. In any case, Im sure if a "king whatever-stronger-type dragon" existed, the KBD would lose its crown.
that really makes no sense. Also, considering anchient pages describe their origins, we can assume the entire mithril dragon race is older than the KBD, the order of the updates has nothing to do with it.

But then again, I never saw anyone saying that mithril dragons are harder to kill than the KBDs. Dont most lvl 100+ players kill 5 or more mith dragons per trip? Is it possible with the KBD, when going solo? So perhaps the KBD still retains its crown?
a lot of people solo several kbds at a time, im not sure hwo is stronger tho.

And no, just no. A "queen" dragon/hydra/whatever is just a horrible and unoriginal idea.
nobody is considering this, cam down.

I say it agian. the mithrill dragon was man made by the barbs while KDB was born NARUTALLY, how can you lose your title of king of all dragons when your competitor is a creation?

Thats a dumb comment, no offense though. Its runescape; magic and the lot occur by the truckload. In fact, i think the ONLY REASON the mithril dragon is level-wise stronger than the KBD is because it is an experiment-creation of some sort. Who knows? They mite have been brutal greens before whatever the barbarians did to them.

what is your point by that comment? mirthril dragons are artificial, possibly like robots, the KBD is natural, and hes the kind of all natural dragons. It's not dumb, it's a fact. But really, your reply to that quote made no sense, I don't understand what you are trying to prove with that.

1. Ok, what if a master isn't always stronger than his servants? I never even touched that topic. What i said was that i think that the KBD is in fact, the master of black dragons, and only indirectly "owns" the other types of dragons. Now that a potentially tougher species is out, it still retains its crown of king of black dragons, but jagex might want to change the Kbase to say "master of all dragons, except for mith dragons".

2.Just because the pages are ancient doesnt mean theyre older than the KBD. In fact, i think the Kbase says somewhere that the KBD is ancient too. But this brings us back to the part where mith dragons are creations of the barbarians, or at least alterations, made by the barbarians. The KBD on the other hand, would have been made somewhere in the creation of the earth, with all other races (back in the 1st age i think).

But still, that wasnt the point i made earlier. Im said that the KBD was called the King, because of all KNOWN (note the word KNOWN, and not CREATED) dragons, it was the strongest. Since the only dragons that are stronger than the KBD are those discovered after it was, the title of "king" wasnt invalid all this time. ::'

3.I have no idea on soloing anything, so i wouldnt know about whos tougher to camp at. But still, i havent actually heard anyone say that "kbds are easier than miths". Itd be nice if someone would now :thumbsup: .

4.I dont know whats so hard to understand; creations are NOT always inferior to natural living things, contrary to the person i quoted. It is NOT a fact that natural things are always superior to creations (i have no idaea why u think this, and why u agree with the person i quoted). Thus, its not impossible to lose the title of "King" to a modified metal-skinned dragon. Like u said, metal dragons may be robotic, all the more reason to lose the crown.

5.And actually, folks DID suggest a "queen b. dragon" and a "hydra". And for encore, i remember someone suggesting a "queen black hydra" or something ridiculous like that, which is why i said "no, just no".

Life is a joke. Yeah, I don't get it either.

I will repeat myself one more time. In Jagex's Knowledge base it says that King Black Dragon is the master of all dragons not just black dragons. Sorry but if your stuck on just because it has black on it name it means it's only king for black dragons then you seriously need to work on your iq or something.

Improving the drops and making it tougher would be a good solution to the problem.

AND?

It should be OR. If they were easier to kill, more people would go there because they would get more kills per trip. If they had better drops, people would get more cash per kill.

easier is the opposite of what we want, we want him to be stronger, but get better drops.

I will repeat myself one more time. In Jagex's Knowledge base it says that King Black Dragon is the master of all dragons not just black dragons. Sorry but if your stuck on just because it has black on it name it means it's only king for black dragons then you seriously need to work on your iq or something.

Yea, but not considering that there are more powerful monsters than it. Its not easy to accept the title of 'king' when there are stronger monsters about. For now, we can either wait for some clarification from jagex, or just assume that levels don't matter for the master-servant relation.

And its not nice to make fun of iqs. Its not a choice ya know. :uhh:

Life is a joke. Yeah, I don't get it either.

The KBD on the other hand, would have been made somewhere in the creation of the earth, with all other races (back in the 1st age i think).

Sadly I have no experience with mithril dragons, since I'm not strong enough and my membership just restarted yesterday after 172 days. :P But uh, how is it possible that the KBD was made at the creation of gielinor when dragons altogether were created by the dragonkin? :wall:

best-guide-ever.jpg

The KBD has HAD it's unique drop, the D Med, with one of the highest chances of the drop when it first came out. Wait a coupla years, and the Mithril dragon will be seen as 'weak' and 'easy to kill', and the D full helm will be down to 200-300k. (By then the D Med will be 600 mil so get buying :^o )

Hmm, it's a hard one.

One is a black dragon with 3 heads.

The other is a normal dragon made of mithril.

I don't know much about dragons, but surely the fact that it is made of mithril must boost it up, yet the fact that the KBD has 3 heads would boost that up...

Ah well, I would laugh if there was a dragon dragon lol.

tifsiggy.jpg

Thanks to Quarra for the awesome sig!

Xbox360 Gamertag = Tintin113

the KB has lost it's throne. back when rs2 came out there was a few dragon weapons and the only piece of armor that was dragon was the d med, dropped by the KBD, back then it seemed impossible to solo it. now it seems a waste of time to face him at all. meanwhile the caves with iron/steel dragons and mithril dragons are always full with people wanting to fight. i say there has been a shift in power. maybe this is a good idea:

the kind black dragon is but a guardian to a much more powerful force, the rune dragon. to get there, you must face the king black dragon in combat ALONE, get the key he drops, and unlock the door to the rune dragon's lair. the key will crumble to dust once you are inside. once inside, you face pass through a dungeon filled with terrible creatures and obstacles only passable after completing (insert name of difficult new quest here that is the end of a multi part series) and gaining the knowledge from it's completion. once you have reached the final area of the dungeon, you enter a wormhole that sucks you into the lair of the rune dragon, while making prayer unusable and skulling you. if you defeat this dragon, you will have 20 seconds to pick up your spoils, then you will be evicted to the king black dragon's lair, in a safe spot from him. victors of this challenge have a chance of getting these items from the drops of the rune dragon: the new dragon kitesheild and a nice rune dragon head to put on your mantle. the dragon kiteshield is non-tradable, so to wield it you must face this dangerous beast.

how's that for a stupid sounding paragraph that has a good idea?

rare%20ghoul2.gif

rare%20ghoul2.gif

Or they release a new color. White Dragon?

I bet all of you 100k if Jagex did release it, it would be a higher level the then Black dragon. It's racism.

=====================================

Anyways, back onto the original topic. The KBD was "the" monster of RSC. Anyone who could kill the KBD in RSC was considered a legend. Now, just bring some high level friends and you can kill the KBD easily. The KBD should become a bit strong, like more HP and more attacks, but not overly powerful.

1-800-Magic.png

sp00nedqm6.png

I bet all of you 100k if Jagex did release it, it would be a higher level the then Black dragon. It's racism.

Anyways, back onto the original topic. The KBD was "the" monster of RSC. Anyone who could kill the KBD in RSC was considered a legend. Now, just bring some high level friends and you can kill the KBD easily. The KBD should become a bit strong, like more HP and more attacks, but not overly powerful.

yet if the black dragon was more powerful it wouldn't be rascism? and didn't someone say the KBD was released right after RS2 came out?

rare%20ghoul2.gif

rare%20ghoul2.gif

yet if the black dragon was more powerful it wouldn't be rascism? and didn't someone say the KBD was released right after RS2 came out?

kbd was released way before rs2, shows how much of a dumb noob rs2 product you are, idiot. no its not racism, you musnt even know what the word racist means.