Super Smash Bros. Brawl Discussion Thread!

• Replies 716
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have 3 friends who are die hard brawl fans. When we played at one of their houses, we had a blast for a good 2 hours.

We nicknamed the Bumper item the "ball of rape". Seriously, you can throw that thing at someone regardless of their damage and it knocks em clear off the field.

Then there's the [bleep]-slap fan. Press A repeatedly and you got your opponent in a death trap of slaps from the fan. One time my friend caught me in the trap and slapped me to 300% and then used a finishing move to pwn me...

and its freaking fun to have the smash ball appear and have everyone jumping, smashing, and throwing things at eachother to reach the ball, only for everyone to panic and run away when someone smashes it open and is ready to unleash their attack.

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

I have 3 friends who are die hard brawl fans. When we played at one of their houses, we had a blast for a good 2 hours.

2 hours? I've been to my friend's house for 6 straight hours of Brawl before... :lol:

We nicknamed the Bumper item the "ball of rape". Seriously, you can throw that thing at someone regardless of their damage and it knocks em clear off the field.

I hate it and love it. It's awesome in multi-man brawls (As in the things in stadium).

Then there's the [bleep]-slap fan. Press A repeatedly and you got your opponent in a death trap of slaps from the fan. One time my friend caught me in the trap and slapped me to 300% and then used a finishing move to pwn me...

If I'm using Marth, and someone tries to do that to me, I'll just spam counter. I'll eventually knock it out of their hands and take it for me. If I'm not Marth, yep, you're basically screwed, unless you have good dodging skills. (Which I don't have)

and its freaking fun to have the smash ball appear and have everyone jumping, smashing, and throwing things at eachother to reach the ball, only for everyone to panic and run away when someone smashes it open and is ready to unleash their attack.

It can be really funny...I love sniping the ball. When I used Pit, I would just stay back and fire arrows at it, while everyone else would jump up and attack it. And I would always somehow get it. Now, as Dedede, I use Waddle Dee Toss to get it a lot. My friends are fighting over it...And then a Waddle Dee appears and I get it. Quite amusing. :D

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

Wiimote definitely isn't practical for playing brawl. GC controller allows you to have more control in the air to do aerials and the c stick lets you do fast smashes.

I found having the c-stick do standard attacks is much more useful. Its way easier to grab items and with peach its easier to do earier attacks and the like.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

Wiimote definitely isn't practical for playing brawl. GC controller allows you to have more control in the air to do aerials and the c stick lets you do fast smashes.

I found having the c-stick do standard attacks is much more useful. Its way easier to grab items and with peach its easier to do earier attacks and the like.

Doesn't everybody do this? Basically, the only reason I use the A button is for tilts and standard a attacks only.

[Summoning guide (AOW)] [Slayer guide] [Melee & Brawl player]

inuyashakent-2.png

Doesn't everybody do this? Basically, the only reason I use the A button is for tilts and standard a attacks only.

I never thought about using it for that until today.

OMG JUST 4 MORE DAYS TILL ITS IN THE UK!!!!! 4 MORE DAYSSS!!!! FINALLY!

-Quote from Nintendo of Europe-

"Due to an unforseen accident involving a monkey, a pot of gold, and Lenin we will be unable to deliver the much anticipated Super Smash Bros. Brawl games to the European continent until late 2009. We are sorry for the inconvenience." :lol:

Whoa, people use the C-stick? I thought C-sticking was banned from competitive play. I only use A because I've used it since the first Smash Bros.

No wonder why you guys attack so quick. >.>

songokusigtif.png

OMG JUST 4 MORE DAYS TILL ITS IN THE UK!!!!! 4 MORE DAYSSS!!!! FINALLY!

-Quote from Nintendo of Europe-

"Due to an unforseen accident involving a monkey, a pot of gold, and Lenin we will be unable to deliver the much anticipated Super Smash Bros. Brawl games to the European continent until late 2009. We are sorry for the inconvenience." :lol:

Hey man, that monkey was asking for it.

I think i just might switch to GC controller, since all of my utilts, which are critical for Wolf, always somehow become uairs. I can disable tap-jump and use the regular jump buttons if I use GC.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

I guess I'm the only [wagon] newbie who actually uses the Wiimote Nunchuk combo. Hey, its still pretty fun. I mean, if you use the GCN controller you're basically reverting back to SSBM. and I don't know about you guys, but I prefer the fun of a newer controller setup on a newer game than sticking with the old one (though it seems to be more convenient for smashes).

So yeah.. I'm the noob ROB mainer with Wiimote-Nunchuck combo who only ever beat his friends at brawl. FTW!

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

I guess I'm the only [wagon] newbie who actually uses the Wiimote Nunchuk combo. Hey, its still pretty fun. I mean, if you use the GCN controller you're basically reverting back to SSBM. and I don't know about you guys, but I prefer the fun of a newer controller setup on a newer game than sticking with the old one (though it seems to be more convenient for smashes).

So yeah.. I'm the noob ROB mainer with Wiimote-Nunchuck combo who only ever beat his friends at brawl. FTW!

Basically the same, but I'm the noob Dedede mainer with Wiimote-Nunchuk combo who only ever sometimes beats his friends at brawl, but usually comes in second. FTW!

Really though...I'm with SS4/Crazy, I thought C-stick is normally banned/looked down upon? My friends banned it from our games back in Melee (Except for those who really sucked), and the rule carried across to Brawl, not to mention Wiimotes/Nunchuks don't even have a C-stick.

As for tap jump, I use it...I used to use X and Y when I used GC controller, but when the first time I used the Wiimote/Nunchuk, I had no idea where the jump button was. So I had to use tap jump. And I suppose here's the big weakness...If I keep "C" as jump, then what's going to be grab? Two button combos are too prone to failure...And no other button is convenient, except possibly down on the D-pad. I might actually try that. Utilt is one of Dedede's best moves, I guess. (Though I'll have to adapt...Again...)

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

I guess I'm a freak for jumping with Down Pad, Grabbing with C and Shielding with Z, then? :P

As soon as I get an USB-Lan Adapter I'll be able to play around a little. And I'll probably get kicked, but meh.

This signature is intentionally left blank.

Basically the same, but I'm the noob Dedede mainer with Wiimote-Nunchuk combo who only ever sometimes beats his friends at brawl, but usually comes in second. FTW!

Really though...I'm with SS4/Crazy, I thought C-stick is normally banned/looked down upon? My friends banned it from our games back in Melee (Except for those who really sucked), and the rule carried across to Brawl, not to mention Wiimotes/Nunchuks don't even have a C-stick.

As for tap jump, I use it...I used to use X and Y when I used GC controller, but when the first time I used the Wiimote/Nunchuk, I had no idea where the jump button was. So I had to use tap jump. And I suppose here's the big weakness...If I keep "C" as jump, then what's going to be grab? Two button combos are too prone to failure...And no other button is convenient, except possibly down on the D-pad. I might actually try that. Utilt is one of Dedede's best moves, I guess. (Though I'll have to adapt...Again...)

I use the Wiimote and Nunchuck and I'm really good. You justt have to find the right control scheme. ;) I've said that like five times now lol

Hey I was wondering where you went Fakeitormakeit. You haven't been here in a long time. Why haven't you been playing Brawl?

prospektssigza4.jpg

Well i figure i'd toss my 2 cents in. I paly Brawl to, my FC will be in my sig later. Anyways i play using the gamecube controller, mostly because its fun and i'm used to it. My 5 main characters are in order:

~Zero Suit Samus

~Toon Link

~Pokemon Trainer (All 3, i switch every few seconds)

~Wario

~Pit

What do u guys like to play with, items or no items? I like playing with items even online because it actually makes it fun instead of one giant competition, thoughts?

2w2n7nn.jpg

Best character ever

My main is Zelda, she knows all. I'm going to have to brawl you sometime. Click on my signature to go to the Super Smash Bros. Club. You can set up fights with people there.

Most people here like to play with no items, but when we have been playing each other a while we turn some items on to just kinda relax.

prospektssigza4.jpg

I'm having a problem. I've configured the controller so that tap jump is disabled, but whenever I press up on the control stick it still jumps. How do I fix this?

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

I'm having a problem. I've configured the controller so that tap jump is disabled, but whenever I press up on the control stick it still jumps. How do I fix this?

I'm having the same problem. I've set 'C' to grab on the Nunchuck, et the new settings don't take affect at all? >.>