The positive effects of playing Runescape

mrmyk

Okay, when we hear about Runescape it is generally about people saying it is addictive, ruins their social life or something else with a negative aspect.

Most of us here play Runescape and are all fully aware of the negative aspects that come along with playing this game but what are the positive aspects of playing this game?

gladz.png

Proud Retired Council of The Gladiatiorz

Click here for our website - 110+ F2P Combat Requirements

it gives you things to do when there is nothing else to do.

in small amounts it can be good for you. You meet people from all different parts of the world and you can learn how economies work in a much smaller setting than the real world (and some interesting aspects to that economy). There's plenty of things you can learn in this game that can benefit you in real life if you look for them.

The runescape economy is very much like the realworld economy. It tends to follow the same rules and react in similar ways. So I guesse you could get a basic understanding of basic economics by studying the runescape player market.

Ok It can be fun (For a few hours)

Normally rs is boring...and addictive....but yeh it has helped me understand the economy more and also that there are really harsh people in the world :(

Welcomes you into the real world of the cut throat economy. Introduce concepts like supply and demand as well as proving you get no where being lazy.

It also lets you speak to people from all over the world with different cultures

Barrows drops: Torags pl8, Torgas legs, Guthans chainskirt

Forgot about people. I've also leaned that some people are major arse holes when there in an enviroment where they intereact with people with avatars.

It can build character; players have to work hard to acheive their goals.

People can make friends online and possibly become more confident in the real world.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

I've learned:

- To type faster and better. Went from typing like 5 wpm and not knowing how to spell to a wider vocabulary and typing 80 wpm without looking at the keyboard. 8-)

- Small things like copper and tin make bronze, and other things like that.

- Cooperation, reasonability, and maturity.

I'd say i'm one of the few that learn alot from Runescape.

IrreIephant.png

|Msg me me in-game | IrreIephant|

^ capital i

I've learned:

- To type faster and better. Went from typing like 5 wpm and not knowing how to spell to a wider vocabulary and typing 80 wpm without looking at the keyboard. 8-)

- Small things like copper and tin make bronze, and other things like that.

- Cooperation, reasonability, and maturity.

I'd say i'm one of the few that learn alot from Runescape.

Exactly. My typing skills have greatly increased.

I also learned about market crashes and supply and demand etc.

::'

-Insight in economics, as Runescape Economics is a model.

-Developing creativity by solving quests.

-Mind capability. RS has a huge world, which takes time to learn. This learning process helps you remember things in real life.

-Some basic knowledge. Did you know pineapples didn't grow on trees but on bush-like plants? I didn't.. but someone asked me and I remembered a 'Pine apple tree' from RS. That wasn't a tree :o

-The English Language, when properly used.

-A fun way of spending your free time.

Well, I could go on for some time really. There are a lot of positive aspects to this game. You might not always notice them, but there are a lot! When reading this, could someone tell, I am dutch?

34eyfbd.jpg9h43sp.jpg16m28ty.jpg

Enjoyment, Competition, keeping kids off the streets and away from drugs.

oh great i can see jagex's newest advert already:

Runescape your anti-drug! :wink:

-.-

We can breath in space, they just don't want us to escape

Keeps me out of trouble. Last year i Stop playing and guess what happens...yep got in trouble, got a felony 2 weeks after i turned 18. Nothing something to be proud of but if i was still playing rune at the time, i highly doubt that would have happened.

Howdydee2003:

99 Attack - 99 Strength - 99 Hits - 99 Magic - 99 Smithing

First To get 99 Smithing With GoldSmithing Guants

Zx7r Ninja (Currently Training) Updated 2/14/09: Ags Achieved on 2/15/09

75/75 Attack 89/99 Strength 50/50 Def 78/85 Hits

***Owned a Bandos Godsword since 59 Combat***

*It teaches you the value of work.

*It teaches unique social skills, such as never be too trusting of someone you hardly know.

*Alternative addiction to deadlier kinds such as smoking, drugs and alcohol.

*It kept me virgin up till now... Okay, not very important, but some of my old friends are mothers already...

There's a lot of things which made the game give a positive influence.

"300 programmers make their futile but glorious last stand against 1000000 angry players in The battle of Misthalin. They fight for honor, glory and new content sacrificing themselves so that their game may live on. This is Madness! This Is JAGEEEX!"

it gives you things to do when there is nothing else to do.

in small amounts it can be good for you. You meet people from all different parts of the world and you can learn how economies work in a much smaller setting than the real world (and some interesting aspects to that economy). There's plenty of things you can learn in this game that can benefit you in real life if you look for them.

Oh yes the real world has robots that are programmed to ruin the economy... :P

But yeah it teaches you about the stock market, makes you think on your feet (unless you use tip.it quest guide ::' ) and it shows you how stupid some people really are... :wall:

Seriously... Noobs = Stupid

Pasty.png

I saw a small article in some newspaper a few days ago that said some of the positive aspects of rs. I can't remember what it mentioned but rs helps people to understand a real economy, to "earn" something with effort, its fun if you like that sort of thing, a great sense of achievement when you get a level/item andddd you get to find out what its like to whack people continuously with red swords and put your hands in furnaces.

Enjoyment, Competition, keeping kids off the streets and away from drugs.

oh great i can see jagex's newest advert already:

Runescape your anti-drug! :wink:

-.-

Ya, now we can all get high off RuneScape :mrgreen:

EDIT: I forgot. Merchanting is like investing in the stock market. Whatever you buy is your "stock", only theres no one controling the exact values of items. Still, it's very simaler.