99 Cooking and Fletching, with a twist!

O_M_G_Guasto

If people did that their woodcutting and fishing level would be about 95 or something I guess and that would defenitely give them some respect.

99 ranged | 99 magic | 99 defence | 99 hitpoints

Remember, it's just a game

Feel free to add me on RS. :) Always ready for a chat.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those area actually skills that I find very hard to get up. I hate everyskill where you stand in one spot. =p Butm I know many people who've done that.

Uh I think fletching is the skill that you stand in one spot the most for...you don't have to move AT ALL while getting xp

More times than none the banker in Rogues Den is diagonally one square from the fire, no moving.

That's only with high level objects which aren't even good to train on. oaks and willows are tghe best wc xp in the game, i'm always getting an oak every 2 chops right now. that's consistent. the things that aren't consistent are horrible to train on. in fishing, sharks are fished at a horrible rate, and inconsistantly, and surprise, they are the worst xp. meanwhile salmon and trout you fish at a steady rate and are the best xp in the game for fishing.

You don't get the same fish per spot, or same logs per tree. And you have to share your training spots if you picked an efficient one. I was also referring to the fastest ways to gain experience.

and you have to share the demand for your supplies in cooking and fletching and compete to sell your finished products. in essence, that and cometeing for training spots are really the same. and while the number of fish per spoot or logs per tree might not be the same, the xp hardly ever changes.

rare%20ghoul2.gif

rare%20ghoul2.gif

You guys talk about how people 'bought' their 99s, but they still had to work to originally make the gold...unless they bought it... :o

Getting gold isn't hard. Some get lucky (good barrows runes, monster drops, and lucky stake wins), while others do skills they have a high level in. And yes, some rather scummy people do buy gold.

O_M_G_Guasto.png

you can actually get most skills to 99 without buying a thing. you can even get all combat to lvl 99 buy fletching, smithing, and runecrafting. and also crafting to get the ranging armor. if there's an item that you need, you can kill whatever monster has it or pk for it. you can get almost every skill to 99 and only waste money when a quest requires it. you may also need to be patient enough so that you could wait for jesus to return without turning insane :P but that's kinda unlikely.

?r=191108

image.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.png

Currently will be using my Oni Tsurugi account to attempt to get 99 on all free skills without spending any gp, just for the sake of doing so.

You guys talk about how people 'bought' their 99s, but they still had to work to originally make the gold...unless they bought it... :o

Getting gold isn't hard. Some get lucky (good barrows runes, monster drops, and lucky stake wins), while others do skills they have a high level in. And yes, some rather scummy people do buy gold.

5 million isn't hard to get? i've been playing for 6 months, most money i've ever had was 800 something thousand. and i'm good with my money, hardly ever blow it.

rare%20ghoul2.gif

rare%20ghoul2.gif

I agree with rare ghoul, unless you have a VERY good way of getting money, then yes, it is hard to get money because many people are hardheaded and wont buy the things you win for the price you want, for example, I had 4.5k flax, bought for 450k, then spun and sold for 180 ea, i could of had 10% more gold if people werent stubborn

5 million isn't hard to get? i've been playing for 6 months, most money i've ever had was 800 something thousand. and i'm good with my money, hardly ever blow it.

Get 44 RC, make another 800k in 4 hours or less.

hohto is right, cooking is a joke. I have cooking as my only 99, and it was easy. I don't think I got 99 cooking, I think i got 99 click-food-to-fire-then read-tipiting.

99 thief has been a bit more of a challenge, still fast xp tho.

I shall take my flock underneath my own wing, and kick them right the [bleep] out of the tree. If they were meant to fly, they won't break their necks on the concrete.
So, what is 1.111... equal to?

10/9.

Please don't continue.

wm1c2w.jpg

Okay, too often do I find myself witness to people mocking somebodies choice of first 99's, which just so happen to usually be Cooking and/or Fletching. The large majority don't even have a 99! Now I'm not saying that they aren't easy skills to 99 but what if you caught every fish you cooked to 99 Cooking. Or chopped every log you used to get 99 Fletching. What would you say to that, people of Tip.It? :-k

every fish i caught i cooked, and every fish i cooked, ive caught.

addymdefault,Joshthegod.gif

Controversy and Chaos!!!

We aren't mocking them for picking the two easiest skills in the game, we're mocking them for choosing to level the two easiest skills in the game to get a skill cape to expand their miniscule egos.

Don't worry. It's obvious not everyone that gets those two capes do it just to show off; many get them for training purposes (high defense), or just for the love of the skill. Nonetheless, players who get those capes tend to do it merely for the sake of showing off and "being cool", one of the most annoying things a 'Scaper can do.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

We aren't mocking them for picking the two easiest skills in the game, we're mocking them for choosing to level the two easiest skills in the game to get a skill cape to expand their miniscule egos.

Don't worry. It's obvious not everyone that gets those two capes do it just to show off; many get them for training purposes (high defense), or just for the love of the skill. Nonetheless, players who get those capes tend to do it merely for the sake of showing off and "being cool", one of the most annoying things a 'Scaper can do.

I agree, leveling it up to trim a 99 cape that is very hard or expensive to get is also an acceptable reason to get 99 in it.

O_M_G_Guasto.png

No skill is easy to get a 99 in, no matter what skill it is, so this thread doesn't even make sense.

I still haven't found the part that's hard in cooking or fletching. It's basically just watching the same animation over and over again added to random buying and selling.

they are so easy it is laughable, i did it! i admit! i did it for the mage xp! your talking to someone with 99 fletching and 88 fletching on his pure, i did it for the mage xp i swear! ( still have crafting to go, i hear you can alch the bodys and break even if you rc your nats :XD: )

i don't play psykick anymore... i play 2ed: "pure fett"

26081 to get 99 herblore

No skill is easy to get a 99 in, no matter what skill it is, so this thread doesn't even make sense.

I still haven't found the part that's hard in cooking or fletching. It's basically just watching the same animation over and over again added to random buying and selling.

they are so easy it is laughable, i did it! i admit! i did it for the mage xp! your talking to someone with 99 fletching and 88 fletching on his pure, i did it for the mage xp i swear! ( still have crafting to go, i hear you can alch the bodys and break even if you rc your nats :XD: )

I think you lose about 130gp per body.

O_M_G_Guasto.png

i did want to add that it is very easy to make gp in rs, i got this pk back when full verac was 6m ( guthix fett is friend that pm'd me about the guy)

*backplot* guthix fett pm's me about 2 guys verac'ing the chaos elemental and tells me to come bring smite and sara strike and see if i can get one of their helms as im running out from mb in full gear he starts spasticly pm'ing me about them both skulling on him and he was gonna die, i run in and tb both of them cause he wasnt high enough to tb result

<.< eeek sorry. :uhh:

wasn't meaning to brag, i just thought it was odd that ppl were going on how hard it was to make money. :pray: friends?

i don't play psykick anymore... i play 2ed: "pure fett"

26081 to get 99 herblore

Can I request that image be cropped and hidden?

Can I request it be removed?

Seriously, if you're going to randomly brag about some meaningless kill, at least do it in the right forum, instead of acting like the picture was just a tangent rather than the whole point of your post.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

I don't look down upon fletching and cooking capes maybe because i don't have any 99 myself. I am aiming for 99 fletching just so i can have skill cape & use the left over money on buying a rare before i quit. The maximum amount of exp i can get per hour is 160k. However when i experimented with red chins on monkey skeletons i got 200k exp per hour with 85 range. I know that there is a great price differance but i know people who trained to 99 that way and it's alot faster than fletching.

circular5bf.png

eddieperfect - (Unjustly) Banned 06.06

eddieperfekt - Created 05.11.06

Prankster_King - "ItÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s just click after click after click."

321184224778sn1.png

I got 23.6mil cooking xp a long with 99 fishing and I HAVE NEVER BOUGHT A RAW FISH!

I am also doing the same for fletching i am cutting all the logs for 99. only 54k to go lol

pretty much the same here lol

I see the point of your topic.

99fishing+99cooking=hawt

99wc+99flecting= hawt

99cooking+99flecting= yah... :roll:

Sadly, if you only have 1 out of the 2 interrelated skills, its pretty easy and doesn't involve much loss. So it makes it a prime choice for those players who just want to have a 99 just because its a well...99 skill.

randomkcopyq.png

Apparently doing things that are incredibly tedious and slow is an noteworthy achievment in this game, hence all the fanboi adoration of people who DID IT THE REAL WAY. Getting any 99 is a test of dedication and determination. People that think the oldskul way of gettting 2k xp an hour makes that achivement awesome are misunderstanding, they did it that way because they HAD to, if you had offered them an easier way they would have taken it.

Jagex made things easier (read-less tedious) because otherwise noone would be playing this game right now.

Ps: nothing in this game is 'HARD' or 'EASY' there really is not fundamental skill to it, its just clicking, the only ATTRIBUTE required for a 99 in a skill is the aforementioned DETERMINATION.

I. Love. You.

Exactly, sir you are 100% correct. The same thing goes for Pest Control. People who had high Slayer at the time when it was released, wanted to keep Slaying to be able to kill the infamous Abyssal Demon and that's what their mind was set on, to keep Slaying.

Any 99 still takes time to get even if u "buy" ur way to the 99. It still shows that u have patience and determination to get it. Just because u can buy all the items u need to lvl it up it doesn't mean that its just a joke.

Look at construction, u can "buy" ur way to 99 construction, 1 mahogany log = 140 xp which is more xp than a lob and u can make Mahogany tables which uses 6 planks in the time it takes to cook 1-2 lobs. Ur getting 840 construction xp in the time u cook 120 - 420 xp. So u can get 99 construction faster than u get 99 cook, it'll just cost more but isn't ur point that its not worth getting the 99 if u just buy all the materials u need?

Prayer is another example. You can buy all the dragon bones and get a gilded altar, u get 252xp per bone which is more xp per shark. But prayer requires u to run to the bank and back, but still ur buying all the materials, instead of killing all those dragons urself. Does that mean 99 pray is not worth getting?

Any 99 still takes time to get even if u "buy" ur way to the 99. It still shows that u have patience and determination to get it. Just because u can buy all the items u need to lvl it up it doesn't mean that its just a joke.

Look at construction, u can "buy" ur way to 99 construction, 1 mahogany log = 140 xp which is more xp than a lob and u can make Mahogany tables which uses 6 planks in the time it takes to cook 1-2 lobs. Ur getting 840 construction xp in the time u cook 120 - 420 xp. So u can get 99 construction faster than u get 99 cook, it'll just cost more but isn't ur point that its not worth getting the 99 if u just buy all the materials u need?

Prayer is another example. You can buy all the dragon bones and get a gilded altar, u get 252xp per bone which is more xp per shark. But prayer requires u to run to the bank and back, but still ur buying all the materials, instead of killing all those dragons urself. Does that mean 99 pray is not worth getting?

I agree it isn't a joke, it's a 99 that deserve some level of respect just like every other. And as for comparing them to Construction and Prayer, not a lot of people have 58m and unlimited access to a gilded altar (it still takes around 1.5 months to get it anyway), and even fewer people have 120m laying around to 99 Construction.

O_M_G_Guasto.png