99 Cooking and Fletching, with a twist!

O_M_G_Guasto

Any 99 still takes time to get even if u "buy" ur way to the 99. It still shows that u have patience and determination to get it. Just because u can buy all the items u need to lvl it up it doesn't mean that its just a joke.

Look at construction, u can "buy" ur way to 99 construction, 1 mahogany log = 140 xp which is more xp than a lob and u can make Mahogany tables which uses 6 planks in the time it takes to cook 1-2 lobs. Ur getting 840 construction xp in the time u cook 120 - 420 xp. So u can get 99 construction faster than u get 99 cook, it'll just cost more but isn't ur point that its not worth getting the 99 if u just buy all the materials u need?

Prayer is another example. You can buy all the dragon bones and get a gilded altar, u get 252xp per bone which is more xp per shark. But prayer requires u to run to the bank and back, but still ur buying all the materials, instead of killing all those dragons urself. Does that mean 99 pray is not worth getting?

I agree it isn't a joke, it's a 99 that deserve some level of respect just like every other. And as for comparing them to Construction and Prayer, not a lot of people have 58m and unlimited access to a gilded altar (it still takes around 1.5 months to get it anyway), and even fewer people have 120m laying around to 99 Construction.

The point im making isn't the money it costs... im just saying what he is trying to say is that if u "buy" a 99 its not worth getting

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look at construction, u can "buy" ur way to 99 construction, 1 mahogany log = 140 xp which is more xp than a lob and u can make Mahogany tables which uses 6 planks in the time it takes to cook 1-2 lobs. Ur getting 840 construction xp in the time u cook 120 - 420 xp. So u can get 99 construction faster than u get 99 cook, it'll just cost more but isn't ur point that its not worth getting the 99 if u just buy all the materials u need?

Prayer is another example. You can buy all the dragon bones and get a gilded altar, u get 252xp per bone which is more xp per shark. But prayer requires u to run to the bank and back, but still ur buying all the materials, instead of killing all those dragons urself. Does that mean 99 pray is not worth getting?

Except when you buy your fish, you lose a lot less money, if none at all, than in prayer or construction. Also even tho they are about as fast as cooking, they at least require some clicking and attention. For example while I took 99 fletching and cooking, I could be drunk and still get good xp without noticing any difference to compared the times when I really "tried". Same way I could just watch movies and so on. With prayer I still had to click like an animal and in total for 99 pray, I spent way over 100 million gp while I made little profit from fletching and cooking. Notice there that I had high pray level even before the dragon bone prices dropped.

The thing you're there forgetting is that to get prayer, you need a lot of cash which you don't get back from it. At cooking&fletching you can do it with relatively low amount of cash or by getting a small amount of resources by yourself first. Yes, the altar made prayer far too easy, but that skill still at least costs something.

signaturehoh.jpg

I'd rather die for what I believe in than live for anything else.

Name Removed by Administrator ~Turtlefemm

Any 99 still takes time to get even if u "buy" ur way to the 99. It still shows that u have patience and determination to get it. Just because u can buy all the items u need to lvl it up it doesn't mean that its just a joke.

here's the difference and why those 99's are respected but cooking and fletching are not. construction and prayer don't earn your money back, and they take much more money to get. do you think blowing 120mil on 99 construction just to never get anything out of the skill but to blow your money on different objects for your house is the same as spending 1mil on shraks, cooking them, selling them, making 1.2mil, then buying more? i don't think so. that's not saying that cooking at 99 isn't respectable, but the reason why they got it is why most people mock them for it. they wanted the cape. they spent countless hours to get a purple or grreen cape that hardly anybody notices. of course, some people are just jealous or idiots, so they call those people with the cape nerds. i respect someone with 99 in anything, but if you do it just for a cape i think it's ridiculous.

rare%20ghoul2.gif

rare%20ghoul2.gif

Again earning the money for any 99 is a feat in itself, and i refuse to accept that fletching is 'easier' than fishing, as i said in a previous post, Runescape requires no skill like say games like Halo 2 or Civilization 4 do, there is no strategy involved in fishing other than move to new fishing spot when the one you're fishing dissapears. This to me is not something that requires a huge amount of co-ordination, reflexes, lateral thinking, strategic reasoning or anything else other than a state of wakefulness (maybe not a word).

A 99 is a 99. Plain and simple. So what if it's easy? I also find that the people who say this don't have either one of those skills. Skill capes were made to encourage people to go for a 99. Like some other guy said they just do it for the skill cape. Well that is kind of why the capes were released... It is also strange that no one talks about 99 strength, seeing how it is more common than 99 cooking or fletching. All you do is a few hits at a portal and get paid.

wpsig1ht5.gif

5 million isn't hard to get? i've been playing for 6 months, most money i've ever had was 800 something thousand. and i'm good with my money, hardly ever blow it.

You might be good at saving, but you definately aren't good at collecting i then. 5M is around 1 day of nature rune crafting if you work hard and it doesn't even require a high lvl or luck.

A 99 is a 99. Plain and simple. So what if it's easy?

99 is 99, right there. However some skills are so easy that I personally would rather wear a pink fremmenik cape than them. I understand people wearing their cooking or fletching capes, after all they also got stats bonus. However in my eyes they are the skill capes of people who don't know what real skilling is.

signaturehoh.jpg

A 99 is a 99. Plain and simple.

That is one of the most stupid things i have read on these boards for quite a while. A guy who got all 99 melee in rsc can not be compared to a lvl 126 pc noob who get hes levels in 2 months kicking portals, a guy who worked hes [wagon] off and used up sevral hundreds of millions of coins for 99 farming can not be compared to a guy getting 99 cooking in 5 days, just because he was in a mood to. A 99 is NOT a 99.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Again earning the money for any 99 is a feat in itself, and i refuse to accept that fletching is 'easier' than fishing, as i said in a previous post, Runescape requires no skill like say games like Halo 2 or Civilization 4 do, there is no strategy involved in fishing other than move to new fishing spot when the one you're fishing dissapears. This to me is not something that requires a huge amount of co-ordination, reflexes, lateral thinking, strategic reasoning or anything else other than a state of wakefulness (maybe not a word).

Going to Barrows and getting a Guthan Spear on your first run then spending it all on 99 Cooking and a Cooking cape and using the last 1m to 99 Fletching isn't a fear in itself. Also, you can't mod Runescape, you have to play the cards you're dealt, unlike Halo.

Now I myself have no 99s but people trying to argue with Hohto about how Cooking and Fletching are as impressive as any other 99 will probably lose... just sayin'.

O_M_G_Guasto.png

i couldn't careless about how someone got a 99 when you tell them, they're really going to believe you, why bother ya know.

i respect anyone with a 99 all of them take alot of time even cooking.

Btw this is a game so the term respect was used very lightly 8-)

enjin-197880-13470529531124777514-gray.png

Ex-Wilderness Guardian

Ex-Solace

Retired from F2P clans indefinitely

I put a different twist on my 99 Fletching. I got 85 Mining in order to collect Rune Ore while I alched like 41k bows. Getting 85 Mining I think is a harder achievment than 99 Fletching. Also once I got my 99 Fletching, I didn't start running across RS bragging about it. I knew I had gotten one of the easiest 99s out there. Also, there is a very valid reason for people to get easy 99s just for the cape. A trimmed cape gives +4 Prayer, the highest Prayer bonus attainable with a cape. Sad however that the bonus on Cook/Fletch is the same as all 99s :(.

Lugia_Lvl138.png

4x Phat owner: Blue, Green, 2x Purple

3100+ GWD bosses soloed.

Solo GWD Drops:

5 Bandos Plates, 4 Bandos Boots, 3 Bandos Hilts, 2 Arma Helms, Arma Skirt, Arma Plate, 3 Arma Hilts, 4 Zammy Spears, Steam Staff, 15 Sara Swords, 6 Sara Hilts, 29 Shards.

I wouldn't even consider choosing the rocky path to a 99 skill (example: arrowshafts from 1-99 fletching), instead I try to choose the care-free method, the straight flat road (example: bowmaking from 1-99 fletching). Because at the end when you've reached a 99 and a cape, who the hell will want to hear your "long and arduous" training story!? :?

Most people, me included, choose to train the easy skills first and leave the more time-consuming skills to the bottom of the list. It's only natural that we pick a popular skill such as cooking, fletching (recently, firemaking joined the 2) to be their first. I see every player with a 99 cape worthy of their achievement. They've still worked for it (more or less), just like you (assuming you have a cape in the first place; if not, you shouldn't be badmouthing them at all).

PS! The word 'you' isn't pointing at anyone directly. :wink:

dontfearthereaper2.png

Okay, too often do I find myself witness to people mocking somebodies choice of first 99's, which just so happen to usually be Cooking and/or Fletching. The large majority don't even have a 99! Now I'm not saying that they aren't easy skills to 99 but what if you caught every fish you cooked to 99 Cooking. Or chopped every log you used to get 99 Fletching. What would you say to that, people of Tip.It? :-k
I did both, I would say I own.

Okay, too often do I find myself witness to people mocking somebodies choice of first 99's, which just so happen to usually be Cooking and/or Fletching. The large majority don't even have a 99! Now I'm not saying that they aren't easy skills to 99 but what if you caught every fish you cooked to 99 Cooking. Or chopped every log you used to get 99 Fletching. What would you say to that, people of Tip.It? :-k
I did both, I would say I own.

And I agree.

O_M_G_Guasto.png

I have 3 Level 99s; Cooking, Fletching and Thieiving. They are among the fastest 99s to achieve, yes, but they took time, and as you said, the MAJORITY of RS doesn't have them.

I say...if you have the 99, go ahead, mock someone all you want. But if you don't have 99 cooking and tell someone 99 Cooking is SOOOO easy to get, then ask yourself why you don't have it. And don't give crap like, "I don't want it," because that's the cheap way out.

Also, SMART players train those skills to 99 first. They not only raise your skill total and total rank, but open up new doors for you.

Unintelligent, ignorant and and immature players are the ones who go around putting people down for their choice of time spent.

And for the record, I have 2,019 Total level with 3 99s and all of my skills but mining and agility (both 76) are above level 80. So though I have "easy 99s" I have more than done my share of "difficult skills."

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

|2,300+ Total|138 Combat|12 Lvl 99 Skills|99 Slayer|blogbutton.png

No skill is harder than others. Some just take more time and dedication, but that doesn't make them hard to do. Yeah it takes a lot more time to get 99 mining as apposed to 99 cooking, but is it really that hard to click an ore? And unless you can get a 99 in a couple days, it isn't easy. It still takes a lot of dedication to get any 99.

sigxp6.png

A 99 is a 99. Plain and simple.

That is one of the most stupid things i have read on these boards for quite a while. A guy who got all 99 melee in rsc can not be compared to a lvl 126 pc noob who get hes levels in 2 months kicking portals, a guy who worked hes [wagon] off and used up sevral hundreds of millions of coins for 99 farming can not be compared to a guy getting 99 cooking in 5 days, just because he was in a mood to. A 99 is NOT a 99.

The most stupidest? I think not. I agree that a guy at pc for 2 months isn't as good as getting it in rsc. But there are other options now. People are just using the method they want. If you have the money why not buy the 99? Is it the players fault that Jagex made those certain skills easy and others hard? If they want that 99 then leave them alone and let them get it.

wpsig1ht5.gif

No skill is harder than others. Some just take more time and dedication, but that doesn't make them hard to do. Yeah it takes a lot more time to get 99 mining as apposed to 99 cooking, but is it really that hard to click an ore? And unless you can get a 99 in a couple days, it isn't easy.

I believe this deserves a: :roll: .

If it takes more time, dedication, and/or money to raise, it's harder to raise. EVERYTHING in this game is based on how much free time and dedication you have, and thus the level of difficulty it takes to achieve something is measured by those available parameters, and only those.

See, this is what people that get those capes expect you guys to think. "Any 99 deserves respect." That's why those little losers get those 99's, to get the respect in the game that they can't get in real life (mind you, not all of you who have those 99's are like that, but a large number of those who have them are). You're just feeding the fire that is their egotistical need.

It still takes a lot of dedication to get any 99.

^

Don't put 99's on equal grounds people, and don't assume something deserves respect just because the level looks high. I'm sure many of you wouldn't say that 60 or 70 Runecrafting deserves respect, but 99 Fletching does. That assumption is made purely due to the fact that the Fletching level has a higher number, instead of the fact that should really be looked at- that that Runecrafting level is actually much harder to achieve than 99 Fletching.

Don't say something deserves respect just because it's a 99. That's moronic. Say it deserves respect because it takes a long time to achieve, as that's the real thing you're supposed to be measuring, and defend your case from that stance.

It's almost like you guys don't want to think about the experience per hour compares between each skill, so you just take the stupid way out and make the assumption that a 99 has to deserve respect, even if thousands upon thousands upon thousands of people have it.

That, or you guys just want to make sure it (Cooking, Fletching, or otherwise) still deserves respect by the time you get it, so you can get your own little whiff of false prestige.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

Also, SMART players train those skills to 99 first. They not only raise your skill total and total rank, but open up new doors for you.

What makes you smarter when you get "unneeded" levels instead of warriors for example? 99 att+str for example helps a lot more than 99cooking+fletching. For me fletching actually was my 8th 99 skill, taken a bit before farming and prayer for one reason: I wanted a triple 99 instead of double and fletching was obvious as it didn't even take any work.

Unintelligent, ignorant and and immature players are the ones who go around putting people down for their choice of time spent.

It's everyone's own choice what they do in this game. It's not away from me if someone takes 200m cooking xp, 99fletch+cook or stand decide to stand at Karamja fishing spot singing Elvis. However at the moment we are at forums discussing about 99fletch+cook.

And for the record, I have 2,019 Total level with 3 99s and all of my skills but mining and agility (both 76) are above level 80. So though I have "easy 99s" I have more than done my share of "difficult skills."

Good for you :P

signaturehoh.jpg

What makes you smarter when you get "unneeded" levels instead of warriors for example? 99 att+str for example helps a lot more than 99cooking+fletching. For me fletching actually was my 8th 99 skill, taken a bit before farming and prayer for one reason: I wanted a triple 99 instead of double and fletching was obvious as it didn't even take any work.

It's everyone's own choice what they do in this game. It's not away from me if someone takes 200m cooking xp, 99fletch+cook or stand decide to stand at Karamja fishing spot singing Elvis. However at the moment we are at forums discussing about 99fletch+cook.

Good for you :P

You say that we're here to discuss 99 Fletching and Cooking, which is true, but with that the author intended the topic of why people have the right to put someone down for a choice of training.

Yes, you can say whatever you want to people in the game. It doesn't justify it or make it right, however.

That's the equivalent of saying I could go shouting obscenities at random people down the street and it would be fine because I can say what I want.

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

|2,300+ Total|138 Combat|12 Lvl 99 Skills|99 Slayer|blogbutton.png

What about Quest cape? Do people consider it as an easy-to-get achievement cape too?

I just saw someone with cooking cape (untrimmed) calling someone with quest cape a noob, but IMO quest cape is lot harder to get than cooking.

RaGetheGreat.png

Retired from RuneScape for as long as possible.