99 Cooking and Fletching, with a twist!

O_M_G_Guasto

That's the equivalent of saying I could go shouting obscenities at random people down the street and it would be fine because I can say what I want.

These forums are made for discussing. I hope we agree on that. However discussing without a counter option wouldn't be too fun or even useful in a long run. You could aswell talk to the mirror and record your own speaking so you could hear the same mantra over and over and agree to it everytime. Comparing these forums for street is like comparing RS to monopoly or cats to dogs: even tho they share common similarities, they are 2 different things. When you post to these forums, you pretty much put yourself into a role of a person who would want to talk about things. However when you walk at the streets, you are a person who goes from place A to place B and most likely isn't going to dicuss with others.

I want every single person in this thread that says cooking and fletching are easy to get 99 fletching a cooking. We'll see how it easy it is

Why? Even if million people agreed on something, it wouldn't mean it's the actual truth.

What about Quest cape? Do people consider it as an easy-to-get achievement cape too?

Harder than cooking, definately. However it doesn't require almost any high skills to get, so at least I personally haven't seen a point completing useless and short quests with virtually no rewards just to wear a cape.

signaturehoh.jpg

I'd rather die for what I believe in than live for anything else.

Name Removed by Administrator ~Turtlefemm

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want every single person in this thread that says cooking and fletching are easy to get 99 fletching a cooking. We'll see how it easy it is :evil:

I have 99 Cooking. All it did was give me a purple obby cape and a high tip.it post count.

What about Quest cape? Do people consider it as an easy-to-get achievement cape too?

I just saw someone with cooking cape (untrimmed) calling someone with quest cape a noob, but IMO quest cape is lot harder to get than cooking.

It is harder i believe, but not by a lot.

Now my point of view. I have 99 cooking, and it was toooo easy to get, but I'm glad i got it because it prepared me for other 99 goals. As you can tell by my sig I am very near to 99 Thieving, which isn't too hard but it's a step up from cooking. Now I know I can do an attentive skill and find it fun.

PS>Yes, I will be way prouder of my 99 Thief than Cook, even though the xp/h is similar at 91+, because before 91 Thief was a little harder to get up, and from 74 on cooking was a breeze.

PPS>So far I agree with everything hohto has said, he seems to be one of the few that hasn't jumped on the topic writer's bandwagon of sympathy for the people who wear those capes.

I shall take my flock underneath my own wing, and kick them right the [bleep] out of the tree. If they were meant to fly, they won't break their necks on the concrete.
So, what is 1.111... equal to?

10/9.

Please don't continue.

wm1c2w.jpg

There was a similar topic on RSC about this, can't find my post there though...

Anyway, in my opinion cooking and fletching are not even worth a skillcape. They are the easiest 99 skills and I couldn't care less if you have one. They are only good to trim your other cape or to get a cheap cape for Dks or KQ. I will only get 99 cooking if I have the fish from 99 fishing. And I know I won't get 99 Fishing soon so 99 Cooking isn't excactly my top priority. I am on my way to 99 Fletching because it's easy and you even make money with it. It's also goign to trim my first real 99 cape.

I just saw someone with cooking cape (untrimmed) calling someone with quest cape a noob, but IMO quest cape is lot harder to get than cooking.

The quest cape is a bit harder, but it's down there with Fletching and Cooking for me.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

I find it hard to sit there and get 99 cooking, or 99 fletch the conventional ways, even FM would have me spiraling (But not many have this, compared to the other capes)

Id like to do it the interesting way, like, making wine with RFD chest,(cant really come up with anything for fletching)

blood_argon.gif

99 Crafting :: 39,750th || 99 Attack :: 1,775th

No skill is easy to get a 99 in, no matter what skill it is, so this thread doesn't even make sense.

I still haven't found the part that's hard in cooking or fletching. It's basically just watching the same animation over and over again added to random buying and selling.

Well first of all you have to complete the master quest "Enter the Bank and withdraw 27 Logs and a knife", then you must go through the grueling process of using the knife with the log and typing 27, then you must venture back into the depths of the bank and find your logs; don't even get me started on stringing eigther :-w

8-)

siggy.jpg

^Click Siggy for Blog^

I find it hard to sit there and get 99 cooking, or 99 fletch the conventional ways, even FM would have me spiraling (But not many have this, compared to the other capes)

Id like to do it the interesting way, like, making wine with RFD chest,(cant really come up with anything for fletching)

If you are bored of the traditional cooking, just bake pies, cakes, do wine or stuff like that.

signaturehoh.jpg

My cooking and fletching were by products of fishing and wcing

Cooking only came sooner becuz xp for cooking a fish is greater than for cathcing it - whihc is also why I have 16 nearly 17m cooking xp, had thousands of fish left to catch/cook.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

It's funny how the people who don't respect 99 Cooking & Fletching. Don't even have a 99.

If you're referring to me, I would like to say that my 75 Runecrafting probably took as much time as 99 Cooking/Fletching would have.

Rc: 15k/hr

Cooking: 150k/hr

1,300k rc xp/ 15k= 87 hours

13,000k cooking hr/ 150k= 87 hours

That's why there are 200 people with 99 rc and 20,000 with 99 cooking ::' .

Retired

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

It's funny how the people who don't respect 99 Cooking & Fletching. Don't even have a 99.

You don't need to have those skills at 99 if you don't feel like they aren't worth your time. That still doesn't change the fact that these skills are complete jokes to level, pretty much the only capes that don't require that hard work and they are so widely seen everywhere that it's almost ridicilous. Yes, you can make them in a harder way, but the skill doesn't turn into less easy that way.

(I got 99 fletch+cook)

signaturehoh.jpg

You don't need to have those skills at 99 if you don't feel like they aren't worth your time. That still doesn't change the fact that these skills are complete jokes to level, pretty much the only capes that don't require that hard work and they are so widely seen everywhere that it's almost ridicilous. Yes, you can make them in a harder way, but the skill doesn't turn into less easy that way.

(I got 99 fletch+cook)

I agree, except they are great first capes. They show you that you CAN get a 99 if you work at it, and most know that they aren't all that easy. I am glad I got 99 cooking first, because then I knew a 99 was a possbility for me, then I went to harder goals afterwards. Now I am a day or two from 99 thief, and I can honestly say I'm happy Cooking was my first 99, because if I didn't have it, I may have given up on thief.

Summary:Cook/Fletch are good 99's for beginners, honestly it does boost your confidence a bit so you can dive into a "real" 99.

If you already have another 99(besides cook/fletch) then you are actually right, it is a joke or just a "cape trimmer"

I shall take my flock underneath my own wing, and kick them right the [bleep] out of the tree. If they were meant to fly, they won't break their necks on the concrete.

10/9.

Please don't continue.

wm1c2w.jpg

I agree, except they are great first capes. They show you that you CAN get a 99 if you work at it, and most know that they aren't all that easy. I am glad I got 99 cooking first, because then I knew a 99 was a possbility for me, then I went to harder goals afterwards. Now I am a day or two from 99 thief, and I can honestly say I'm happy Cooking was my first 99, because if I didn't have it, I may have given up on thief.

Agreed that motivation and selfconfidence play a huge role in getting a 99. It actually isn't anything else. However after mastering easy kills, it might be a rather big jump to the "real" skills. For me cooking was 6th 99 skill in RS2 and fletching 8th, followed by prayer&farming few minutes later. Before those I had also gotten 1 99 level in RSC.

The main thing why I could understand someone getting 99 fletching&cooking at first is the fact that trimmed cape has great stats. The levels themselves are easiest 99s and cost next to nothing.

signaturehoh.jpg

Agreed that motivation and selfconfidence play a huge role in getting a 99. It actually isn't anything else. However after mastering easy kills, it might be a rather big jump to the "real" skills. For me cooking was 6th 99 skill in RS2 and fletching 8th, followed by prayer&farming few minutes later. Before those I had also gotten 1 99 level in RSC.

The main thing why I could understand someone getting 99 fletching&cooking at first is the fact that trimmed cape has great stats. The levels themselves are easiest 99s and cost next to nothing.

I agree except for the "they are great first capes" notion. I see people with untrimmed Cooking or Fletching capes walking in and out of the granite mine every day claiming that they can get a hard 99 to balance out their easy 99. Needless to say they leave within a few hours, some of the persistent ones can last 2 days or so.

O_M_G_Guasto.png

since i have no 99 skill, i won't rack down on anyone with a cooking/fletching cape... but just check the highscores, skills, like att/str/cooking and fletching have thousands upon thousands of people with it, while other skills like crafting, construction and such only have a few hundred, or even less...

at the moment, i'm not playing a lot of rs, but when i do, i'm usally trying to get my skills to 70+, or train my cooking up... (the cooking part mostly since i'm f2p atm)

but when/if i get a cooking cape, i'll probably not wear it at all, since i set my quest cape a lot higher... i've seen the double amount of cooking capes than quest capes (and that i won't bother to get a new outfit to match a cooking cape)

the only reason i would get those, is that it's an easy way to add total levels, i wouldn't wear the capes much before it got trimmed.

ah well.. this post got quite un-organisated... of one weird thing, i got a really low attention span to anything in the game, while i could probably use hours upon hours just writing here <.<

Scherzo.png

id say cookings pretty easy ,i could buy cooking several times over with the cash in my bank,though getting its another matter.any 99 should be congratulated its just that some people dont see it that way.

tifsdac6mc.gif

I agree except for the "they are great first capes" notion. I see people with untrimmed Cooking or Fletching capes walking in and out of the granite mine every day claiming that they can get a hard 99 to balance out their easy 99. Needless to say they leave within a few hours, some of the persistent ones can last 2 days or so.

I think some people who haven't played other MMOs before(like me) need to work thier way up easily. If you have experience, sure, go for the hard 99's first off. But if you haven't done much in the area of gaming, I would work my way up. I would start with cook or fletch, then thief or fm, and after that gradually work up to harder ones, because after 2 99's(one of which is considered "good") I think most people will have confidence to get more if they want to.

PS>This is the best RS discussion I've been in since the forum merger.

10/9.

Please don't continue.

wm1c2w.jpg

I bought my cooking, then later fished waaay more than enough to 99.

Where does that put me?

But anyway, there is no easy 99...just easier ones, so i don't look down on any. Cooking is still like, 60 hours + spent at a range assuming you have all the supplies, not exactly a walk in the park.

I don't care if people get 99 fletching and 99 cooking as first 99's. What does annoy me is that some of those people think they're suddenly cool and part of the veteran players when they got their 99 cooking and skill cape. 99 Cooking with buying the fish is nothing compared to getting 85 slayer, or 91 runecrafting to name a few.

My only 99 for now is fletching... I have 14,3m fletching xp only because I fletch for my friends. All xp from lvl 80 or so has been made through just an occassional fletching job.

I'm definately not wearing the cape. The only use for 99 fletching for me was that the next cape (which will be fishing) is trimmed :lol:

easy 99s don't make it any less a 99.

i could camp out at the rock crabs in waterbirth for a few months and max out a melee stat, people respect that, but not camping out at a bank with a knife and a log.

Given the amount of people that have 99 Attack and Str(Str is the most common 99 and Attack is 3rd most common. Cooking and Fletching come in 2nd and 4th.) I thought it just makes people think you're a PC product :?. I didn't PC my Attack Cape and I respect anyone that gets a combat related 99 through Slayer =D>. I will also respect the 99s of a PC product or a fletch/cook product =D>. However, if a PC/fletch/cook product comes up to me and thinks he "0wnz" me and starts talking trash, I loose all respect for him and his 99s :notalk:.

Lugia_Lvl138.png

4x Phat owner: Blue, Green, 2x Purple

3100+ GWD bosses soloed.

Solo GWD Drops:

5 Bandos Plates, 4 Bandos Boots, 3 Bandos Hilts, 2 Arma Helms, Arma Skirt, Arma Plate, 3 Arma Hilts, 4 Zammy Spears, Steam Staff, 15 Sara Swords, 6 Sara Hilts, 29 Shards.

The thing with combat capes is that they they give you a nice red number next to your name, and a lot of people tend to admire that more than a rather ugly purple cape.

Retired

Given the amount of people that have 99 Attack and Str(Str is the most common 99 and Attack is 3rd most common.

Yes, but unlike in cooking&fishing, melee skills have an actual reason to be trained to 99. They are mastered because of high lvl monsters we got there to kill, dueling, pkin and combat level.

If you look those as skills, in meleeing you actually need to do even some clicking or risk your set (bandits, etc) in order to gain as much xp in 1 hour than in fletching. Won't even go to cooking in this thing. Anyways, melee skills are easy to train.

Summary: even tho melee skills are easy, they have an actual reason. Higher fletching level doesn't get you more things, but higher melee skills affect clearly. And no, having a 99 melee skill isn't that much of an achievement anymore. Maxed melee is something good still, but one 99 melee skill is pretty much like a thing that at least I don't really care about.

signaturehoh.jpg