99 Cooking and Fletching, with a twist!

O_M_G_Guasto

In my eyes 99 fletching and cooking are now (have been since cut-x and cook-x) more like jokes than actual skills. Yes, people might have cut their logs of fished their fish themselves, but most haven't. To me they don't show that you can skill or anything like that, they are signs that you can buy and sell 1 or 2 kinds of things which got good/superb supply and demand.

Personally I'm more proud of my 82 rc than 99 cooking or fletching. At least I've worked for it rather than just watched a lazy cutting or cooking animation X times.

signaturehoh.jpg

I'd rather die for what I believe in than live for anything else.

Name Removed by Administrator ~Turtlefemm

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe I've cooked all my fish from catching it so far. In a few months time I'll be catching monks for 99 fishing and then cooking the monks for 99 cooking. Should save me a few dozen million gp. In fact it won't cost me a gp.

QFT

I'm not familiar with that abbreviation. :-k

No longer playing Runescape, I caught the WoW bug.

Should save me a few dozen million gp. In fact it won't cost me a gp.

Cooking doesn't cost that much to raise... that's why there's so many cooking capes.

Hohto: I don't think it is fair to call them joke skills. They are still 99's and a 99 in any skill deserves some level of respect, even if all they do is buy, click cook all, look at something else.

O_M_G_Guasto.png

In my eyes 99 fletching and cooking are now (have been since cut-x and cook-x) more like jokes than actual skills. Yes, people might have cut their logs of fished their fish themselves, but most haven't. To me they don't show that you can skill or anything like that, they are signs that you can buy and sell 1 or 2 kinds of things which got good/superb supply and demand.

Personally I'm more proud of my 82 rc than 99 cooking or fletching. At least I've worked for it rather than just watched a lazy cutting or cooking animation X times.

Here here. I think 82 Runecrafting beats both 99 Cooking & Fletching. I see getting those to skills up to 99 as an embarrassment (unless you got the materials yourself).

I would actually be ashamed to wear one of those skills capes.. The amount of level 90 somethings I've seen with a 1300 total and 99 Cooking/Fletching.. :roll:

Damn skill cape chasers..

calvinandhobbessigedite.png

Apparently doing things that are incredibly tedious and slow is an noteworthy achievment in this game, hence all the fanboi adoration of people who DID IT THE REAL WAY. Getting any 99 is a test of dedication and determination. People that think the oldskul way of gettting 2k xp an hour makes that achivement awesome are misunderstanding, they did it that way because they HAD to, if you had offered them an easier way they would have taken it.

Jagex made things easier (read-less tedious) because otherwise noone would be playing this game right now.

Ps: nothing in this game is 'HARD' or 'EASY' there really is not fundamental skill to it, its just clicking, the only ATTRIBUTE required for a 99 in a skill is the aforementioned DETERMINATION.

If only everyone in Runescape looked at it that way. :|

Pirate Rosetta stone. Learn a language while you scape.

Sounds interesting, but these days how many people really speak Pirate?

Should save me a few dozen million gp. In fact it won't cost me a gp.

Cooking doesn't cost that much to raise... that's why there's so many cooking capes.

I need to buy 25mils' worth of sharks to get 99 cooking. :?

I'm kind of slow at making money to get that much...

No longer playing Runescape, I caught the WoW bug.

Hohto: I don't think it is fair to call them joke skills. They are still 99's and a 99 in any skill deserves some level of respect, even if all they do is buy, click cook all, look at something else.

Of course they are skills just like all the others, but they take virtually no time or efford to level to 99, so I called them joke skills. Look at cooking for example: it's one of the fastest skills to train and you need to click around 150 times an hour plus lose minimal amount of cash or even make small profit at best cases.

signaturehoh.jpg

I would be very impressed indeed, if you did that. It just takes so long.

Don't get me wrong though, I'm one of those people who likes to refuse to buy anything at all to level :P

Self-reliance ftw ::'

copyofsigtuxtimenf0.png

well most people dont do that because its simply easier to buy the 99's and turn their products around for a profit
I'm going for 99 fletching and I'm buying the materials for yew longs, making them, and selling them for a profit. DOES THAT MAKE ME A BAD PERSON (noob)?!?!?!

OH MY GOD.

No skill is easy to get a 99 in, no matter what skill it is, so this thread doesn't even make sense.

Treasure trail items: 9

Dragon drops: 0

No skill is easy to get a 99 in, no matter what skill it is, so this thread doesn't even make sense.

I still haven't found the part that's hard in cooking or fletching. It's basically just watching the same animation over and over again added to random buying and selling.

signaturehoh.jpg

these people that are saying that cooking 99's are easy because you just watch an animation aren't making any sense. what do you do in woodcutting and fishing? click on something and watch an animation. cooking and fletching? same thing. in essence, you're saying that the only hard 99s are runecrafting and combat. combat 99s are incredibly easy to get, even without pc. runecrafting though, even if you got like 50 xp per rune, would still be hard. runecrafting is thew only one that really takes any amount of skill, abyss rcing isn't that easy. however, all 99s take dedication and a long attention span, so they all deserve praise.

rare%20ghoul2.gif

rare%20ghoul2.gif

I'd say you're stupid, making it harder for yourself to appease people that have nothing better to do than make fun of people that are better than them in this game.

Some people (like me) choose to be self-reliant.

There's a difference between being self-reliant (which is still pointless in my opinion, however that's only my opinion) and purposely raising a skill the hard way because people say that it's too easy or not worth anything.

what do you do in woodcutting and fishing? click on something and watch an animation. cooking and fletching? same thing

No they are not the same thing. With Fishing and Woodcutting, the experience doesn't remain constant. You randomly get fish and logs, the spots move, and the trees disappear.

being self-reliant (which is still pointless in my opinion, however that's only my opinion)

I would rather get 99 Fishing, then Cooking with the fish I fished. I would lose no money and I would killed two birds with one stone.

O_M_G_Guasto.png

what do you do in woodcutting and fishing? click on something and watch an animation. cooking and fletching? same thing

No they are not the same thing. With Fishing and Woodcutting, the experience doesn't remain constant. You randomly get fish and logs, the spots move, and the trees disappear.

being self-reliant (which is still pointless in my opinion, however that's only my opinion)

I would rather get 99 Fishing, then Cooking with the fish I fished. I would lose no money and I would killed two birds with one stone.

that's only with high level objects which aren't even good to train on. oaks and willows are tghe best wc xp in the game, i'm always getting an oak every 2 chops right now. that's consistent. the things that aren't consistent are horrible to train on. in fishing, sharks are fished at a horrible rate, and inconsistantly, and surprise, they are the worst xp. meanwhile salmon and trout you fish at a steady rate and are the best xp in the game for fishing.

rare%20ghoul2.gif

rare%20ghoul2.gif

these people that are saying that cooking 99's are easy because you just watch an animation aren't making any sense. what do you do in woodcutting and fishing? click on something and watch an animation. cooking and fletching? same thing. in essence, you're saying that the only hard 99s are runecrafting and combat. combat 99s are incredibly easy to get, even without pc. runecrafting though, even if you got like 50 xp per rune, would still be hard. runecrafting is thew only one that really takes any amount of skill, abyss rcing isn't that easy. however, all 99s take dedication and a long attention span, so they all deserve praise.

Yea, woodcutting and fishing aren't too hard skills either. However they are a lot slower than cooking or fletching, need even less clicking (no ranges switching places or falling down, etc) and you don't really need to pay any attention to them. In my eyes they don't require really determination, attention or even working.

I never said combat was a hard skill. I know it from my own experience, I got around 4 times more xp in hp than you in overall. You also seem to forget that to max the melee levels, you need to get 3*99 levels instead of 1.

Or you could buy the fish, powerfish at Shilo and rc. 2 Birds at the same stone, profit from rc and 3rd skill trained there because of the extra time. The cheapest isn't always the best.

signaturehoh.jpg

I personally hate how Jagex took all the effort out of cooking. Cooking was far more interesting before Coox-x.

Cooking was never, not ever, 'interesting'.

End of story. Shut up. :shock:

:o LOL...

I remember cooking shrimp near rimmy in RSC. I'd catch the shrimp, cook it an drop it. FUN TIMES TBH.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

I would say that, obviously most people (including me lol) can't be bothered to do all that, because it takes alot of time. Also, by the time you were 99 cooking you would be easily 99 fishing.

tifsiggy.jpg

Thanks to Quarra for the awesome sig!

Xbox360 Gamertag = Tintin113

Those area actually skills that I find very hard to get up. I hate everyskill where you stand in one spot. =p Butm I know many people who've done that.

Uh I think fletching is the skill that you stand in one spot the most for...you don't have to move AT ALL while getting xp

Guitar_by_Lemeja123.jpg

Those area actually skills that I find very hard to get up. I hate everyskill where you stand in one spot. =p Butm I know many people who've done that.

Uh I think fletching is the skill that you stand in one spot the most for...you don't have to move AT ALL while getting xp

More times than none the banker in Rogues Den is diagonally one square from the fire, no moving.

That's only with high level objects which aren't even good to train on. oaks and willows are tghe best wc xp in the game, i'm always getting an oak every 2 chops right now. that's consistent. the things that aren't consistent are horrible to train on. in fishing, sharks are fished at a horrible rate, and inconsistantly, and surprise, they are the worst xp. meanwhile salmon and trout you fish at a steady rate and are the best xp in the game for fishing.

You don't get the same fish per spot, or same logs per tree. And you have to share your training spots if you picked an efficient one. I was also referring to the fastest ways to gain experience.

O_M_G_Guasto.png