How much sport/exercise do you do every week?

Echofish

Since Gordon Brown announced that from today, every child in England will be able to play 5 hours of sport a week. He visited our school today, where 5 hours of PE is already compulsory for us 14-16 year olds Which I love and hate at the same time...

So this led me to wonder, how much do you actually do every week? Do you exercise often, or not at all? Is the 2 hours of PE that children get in school really enough?

Ultra Unholy,

Hearted Machine...

Is 2 hours enough? Depends. To stay in a stable physical shape, yes. Is it enough to become or stay healthy? Depends. If you eat unhealthy daily, 2 hours a week won't turn around the path your going towards. If you eat healthy, it helps, but it won't do much. In short, it's not enough to make any difference in the kids' life. 5 hours on the other hand...

How much I do of physical activity each week really depends. Some weeks, I am out and constantly doing physical activity, and on weeks like this, I am home and taking it relax, and not doing much of anything.

2480+ total

I do 20 situps a day and i tend to run once in a while, just to keep in shape, i love playing soccer/rugby once in a while to.

Oh, i don't have P.E. lessons atm because of the vacation. Normally i have 2x 50 minutes in a week.

Some people dream of success, while others make it happen.

I try and aim to do 6 hours. If only my school shoes weren't such a pain I'd probably jog to school. I'm just irked about having to bring PE for 3 hours right in the morning, then another 2 on Fridays :|

Ultra Unholy,

Hearted Machine...

I weight lift every other day, and I practice Tricking. Not really a ton of exercise, and not really any cardio there. Summers are pretty lax ::' .

Though, once I start the soccer season... :ohnoes: .

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

Every two days I usually do aroudn 150 sit-ups (which are easy) and around 50 push-ups (which are total hell, I HATE push-ups :x ), and twice every week do weight lifting.

I also play basketball and baseball during school. :)

I skate everyday. :D That's always fun and gets a pretty good exercise. I usually skate atleast a mile a day - to get around to friends' houses, skate spots, searching for skate spots.

I used to play football 24/7 but now-a-days, friends don't seem to want to play.

For most of the year I walk in and out to lectures, which is just a bit over a mile each way, so not taking into account any other walking I might do that's about two and a bit miles per day on average. I go through phases of swimming a bit once per week.

I think that the 2 hours of PE that children might get per week is enough; I'd rather their time be spent learning something more useful*. ...with the way things were at my school at least, it's a bit of a moot point because the extra time spent in a different lesson wouldn't actually be any more useful after all.

*I did learn some handy stuff in PE, but the amount of time it took me to learn it wouldn't even stretch to a whole lesson. The rest of them were sometimes fun, but pretty much pointless in the scheme of things.

I'm on the swim team, so almost every day of the week (Not including Saturday and Sunday) I'm at practice for 1 1/2-2 hours. so I think I get plenty.

siggiebw2.png

Noted raw mackerel drop... Wtfh?

Always buying: Watermelon seeds, 2K each. Strawberry seeds, 800 each. Contact Via PM on forums.

I take my bike to work each day. 90 miles a week total.

I jog for 30 minutes and then weight lift 5 mornings a week. I spend about 1.5 hours every day jogging and weight lifting. That's not really 1.5 hours of pure exercise per day, though, because there is a lot of time spent changing weights and resting in between sets.

Pixeloaded.jpg

I do 20 situps a day and i tend to run once in a while, just to keep in shape, i love playing soccer/rugby once in a while to.

Oh, i don't have P.E. lessons atm because of the vacation. Normally i have 2x 50 minutes in a week.

You only have to do 20 situps a day to stay in shape? How old are you? If you are over 15, then I'm doing real good at keeping myself up.

I do 50 push ups and 50 situps a day + 2 miles on bike a day.

That's not including any sport. However, I'm not in a sport at the moment. But I want to be.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

ANy lifegaurds here (canadian, possibly only applies to Nova Scotia HRM) migth be familier with in-service physical and technical training. It's fairly hefty so I get lots of running, bikeing, paddel boarding, swimming in every day. Easily 1.5 to 2 hours.

Well, I practice Parkour a whole hell of a lot. (8+ hours a day for the last few :ohnoes: )Its been my life since recently. Otherwise, I usually go to the gym every other day for about an hour, am outside with my friends running around all of the time, and I usually, when I wake up, do some sit-ups, push ups, and pull-ups, run the dog, and then get in the shower. I feel fine with my exercise.

I run 30/40km a week during winter for running and also play around 3 hours of tennis a week. I play much more tennis during the summer and run a bit less during that time.

For a pack of Runescape and ex-Runescape players, ya'll sure do exercise a lot :| . Ya'll got quite a bit of free time too... unless this is just summer working out you're describing (though the numbers on this thread are still slightly more than shocking :-k ).

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.