This Is Getting Out of Hand

Guest Kickpointy

Any tip.iters who participated in this riot should be ashamed. That is no way to act when you are mad, I am especially displeased that this went on it tip.it's homeworld, giving tip.it a bad name.

There's a handy forum called the rants board where you can riot all you want. Jagex will listen to you in the rants board, NOT when you riot. No one should be complaining if they got muted.

EDIT: If I saw zezima I would personally thank him for settling that riot, that was very kind of him.

This is not a riot, this is a protest there's a difference. As for Tip.its home world, no offense but not a huge amount of people that I know pay attention to that. This was also in world 70 something. No, I didn't participate in the PROTEST, but anyone who did should not be ashamed. It is the silly people who just used this as an excuse to spam the chat who should be ashamed. All of the @@@@@@@@@@@ and such should not be tolerated and deserves mutes. The things like "we pay, we have a say, old pc or free to play!!!" are perfectly legit. Loud and proud man. And yes, the forums are a great tool.

Quick find code: 24-25-393-47843903 for those who care. ::'

the problem is the majority of people who don't only do pc on their pures to train actually like the update. it made the game fun again. most of the community actually likes the update, so the arguement that we pay so we have a say is rubbish. and rioting dooes nothing except spam the chat box, what do you actually hope to accomplish by rioting? that only gives jagex more reason not to do anything to the update. and fixing the update would be a huge financial loss for jagex, as tweaking anything in a mini game takes a lot of time and programming, and completely revamping it like this probably took them 5 months. they were only able to release it after the game engine update. so there's no reason for jagex to change it.

rare%20ghoul2.gif

rare%20ghoul2.gif

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Kickpointy
What's with 'ice me'?
Ice me.....It means tele me to Ice Plateuo. They spell in lunar magicks. I don't know what is going on there tho....

As I have said before, its not a riot... *Points to sig* Do I look like a pure?

*points to the fact that one account is listed, and you could have many more*

it is a riot, most people participating call it that as well. just because someone says they're better than zezima, doesn't mean they are. just because you say it isn't a riot, doesn't mean it isn't. a riot is basically a bunch of people yelling because they hate something that a superior power does. the only difference between this and a riot in real life is that riots in real life sometimes accomplish something, this never will.

rare%20ghoul2.gif

rare%20ghoul2.gif

Any tip.iters who participated in this riot should be ashamed. That is no way to act when you are mad, I am especially displeased that this went on it tip.it's homeworld, giving tip.it a bad name.

There's a handy forum called the rants board where you can riot all you want. Jagex will listen to you in the rants board, NOT when you riot. No one should be complaining if they got muted.

EDIT: If I saw zezima I would personally thank him for settling that riot, that was very kind of him.

marios right its realy displeasuring it happened in our world, a ''riot on wheels'' just came through edge complaining....lol'd irl at the pic of zezima taking away the riot ROFL, guys pc was a minigame not the ultimate super way to get pures ripped''pc prods'' like cw do we all go to cw for xp? no we do it for fun and thats what pc should be for, or what i think it was intended for.

Let your yellow mellow.

Spamming in pub chat is in violation of rule 1?

Then how come you don't all go mute people in W1 Varrock, W2 Falador, or W6 Seer's? They certainly enter the same text many, many times together.

It had been a long standing precedent that spamming is considered "offensive language" when it is used to harass players (such as spamming someone's private chat, or spamming in pub chat calling someone a noob 10 times in a row). Just expressing your text repeatedly is not considered spamming, or we'd have to mute all merchants in the worlds above.

Now, I don't support the "riot" and think it's stupid. But if Jagex (or player mods on Jagex's authority) are punishing rioters in the picture for breaking rule 1 (I'm NOT referring to those who swear or insult players in the riot, just general people who say "against PC"), then it's called "selective prosection"). Yes, they may be breaking the rules, but the reason you target them is not because they break the rules per se (otherwise, as I said, you'd also start punishing merchants), but because they say something you don't like which happens to break the rules, and thus you use the rule-breaking part as an excuse for punishing someone who says what you don't want to hear.

Don't all start going about how "this is a private game" and "Jagex has the right to control speech". Yes, they have the legal (real-world legal meaning) right to do so, but it's immoral and lame.

Either punish EVERYONE for spamming their text (not profanity, personal insults or threats, but just simple message spam), including merchants at busy worlsd or nobody at all. Jagex should NOT use the pre-text of spam to SELECTIVELY target "rioters" out the general spamming population.

Edit: When I tried to raise this question on the RSOF, an eager player mod closed the topic saying "rules are not for discussing, send this to customer support". I guess I'll just post it here.

Live free or die. First option is exhausted, so guess what remains?

it is a riot, most people participating call it that as well. just because someone says they're better than zezima, doesn't mean they are. just because you say it isn't a riot, doesn't mean it isn't. a riot is basically a bunch of people yelling because they hate something that a superior power does. the only difference between this and a riot in real life is that riots in real life sometimes accomplish something, this never will.

Riots in rl never accomplish anything, its protests that do. For the record--I have this one account. <.<

Riots in rl never accomplish anything, its protests that do. For the record--I have this one account. <.<

uhhh, did you ever pay attention in history class? ever heard of martin luther king jr.? his protests never accomplished anything until some of his supporters got violent. the riots in france against the tyrants that took over after the french revolution. that accomplished something.

rare%20ghoul2.gif

rare%20ghoul2.gif

Don't remind me what a total failure the French Revolution was... What about Gahndi? THATS protesting. Roits = jail and/or injuries or death. No thanks and not what is happening in rs.

ghandi held a peaceful protest. he believed that violence was an evil thing, and that nothing could be accomplished from it. and did you even understand my post? i was pointing out that after the french revolution riots ended the age of terror.riots are whats happening, people falmming other people that don't agree, the spamming of a chat box.... and the creation of a members account called new pc no rs. yes, i saw him in seer's bank, when i was banking my maples. i told him pc was not created for xp, it was for fun and he told me to stfu. you call that a protest? no, it's not.

rare%20ghoul2.gif

rare%20ghoul2.gif

Whoa..... whoa..... whoa! show down there horsey!

On the rants forum we dont want "riots" any more than we want them ingame! what we want is clear constructive feedback as to why a person dislikes an ingame feature.

It is more of a "game feedback" forum than rants...... it's only usefull if it's constructive, people are too quick to refer people to the forums.

Just to be clear I was there.... but I was there reporting and redirecting.

sig2webzx7.jpg

Spamming in pub chat is in violation of rule 1?

Then how come you don't all go mute people in W1 Varrock, W2 Falador, or W6 Seer's? They certainly enter the same text many, many times together.

I just had to address this - if you're trying to get someone to buy something in those clustered servers, it's not spamming - sure, it's filling up the chat window, but 500 or more people buying and selling things at the same time doesn't constitute as spam, at least in my opinion.

As far as this "riot" is concerned, start handing out mutes and perm bans to the kids that think that this will get them anywhere. It's getting out of hand when they whine like this.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

Haha. They should be ashamed? For what? For having an opinion? Whatever. Are you communist?

This won't give Tip.It a bad name (like it doesn't have one already). How many non-TIF'ers do you know that know the Tip.It homeworld? I have 20 or so friends of that nature, that do not know it.

Why should they be confined to the Rants forum? Excuse me for voicing my opinion in a game. I've also noticed that there's a constant barrage of new posts in Rants forum, I highly doubt that Jagex reads -every- one of them.

I'd like to mention the last sentence. What the hell? Where'd that come in? Please inform me ..

Yes, because riots hurt everyone's game play.

me and kashi are running for president in '08.

Stfu isn't a protest, no. A group saying slogans and the like is.

so you're saying that saying old pc every 2 seconds is a protest? i don't think so. that's all i've seen of these protesters do, besides flame me. but i don't dare go to fally, my comp would crash.... but from the screenies i've seen, they are all spammers. there is one shot taken that shows all but 3 people saying "@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@". the rest of the comments were actually a good way to protest the update.

rare%20ghoul2.gif

rare%20ghoul2.gif

Stfu isn't a protest, no. A group saying slogans and the like is.

so you're saying that saying old pc every 2 seconds is a protest? i don't think so. that's all i've seen of these protesters do, besides flame me. but i don't dare go to fally, my comp would crash.... but from the screenies i've seen, they are all spammers. there is one shot taken that shows all but 3 people saying "@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@". the rest of the comments were actually a good way to protest the update.

Good job steryotyping people who have things to say as spammers. Yes, *real* nice logic.

me and kashi are running for president in '08.

World 99 :ohnoes: ...That might give Tipit a bad name. Why do people riot anyway?

Because they think whatever update Jagex does is bad :|

they don't realise the futility of rioting, same with those f2p bank space rallies, practically the same thing. the only thing they accomplish is a spammed chat box.

World 1 & 2 does the same thing to your chat box.

And at this riot there was a lot of @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

same at the swift switch riot

F2P bank space RALLY hardly any. It was actually one of the most orderly large gatherings I have seen. It would give tet events a run for their money.

tfssig.png

Are you communist?

You got a problem with that?

Yes, because riots hurt everyone's game play.

Yea, they do. They cause major lagg if you have the misfortune to be in that area at the time.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

W99 is full at like all times <.<

Can't get on, but jagexs secret weapon, the zezima, does a pretty good job lol :roll:

Makes me think if Jagex has contact with the high level players :-k

newsigzl2.jpg

^Sir Jem 05-The Bunny Drinking Blog?^ Click it!

tetsupportsig2.jpg

Idc about the 'what is spam' discussion.

But what was really stupid was when vorlon came, and asked people to come to his house to voice what they had to say in a respectable manner at least 10 people were like ''stfu narb @@@@@@ old pc''

I mean.. wth? :shame:

Sure you cant fault people for expressing their dislike for the update. But doing it in the way than they did? Deciding to disrupt other peoples gameplay? And they should have been smarter after seeing all the spam. If i was at a protest or riot or whatever trying to get a point across and there were more people saying "@@@@" "ice me" and "save the whales" than people actually protesting, I would leave cuz i would have the sense to know that noone would take me seriously with all those fools there.

Yes they pay and have a say, but anyone who was actually at fally knows that what happened was totally unnessecery.

sig2dl4.png

Click for my blog ^ :)

All tipiters feel free to add me! Always looking to meet someone new.

W99 is full at like all times <.<

Can't get on, but jagexs secret weapon, the zezima, does a pretty good job lol :roll:

Makes me think if Jagex has contact with the high level players :-k

They probaly do :anxious:

Doomy edit: I like sheep