"Rushing, pjing, and safing"

Andy

Ok this is a reply to the guy who whines about 'lvl 1 Edge becoming "unpkable"'...

Did it ever occur to you that level one Edge was not DESIGNEd to be a 1-hit-kill zone?

That's the reason it's level 1, FFS. Wilderness goes from least dangerous to most dangerous. If you want danger, go to level 40. Jagex has introduced well enough amounts of making sure your opponent does NOT leave in one piece in lvl 40 wilderness (bind runes, DDS specs, ancients, and on levels 30-15ish teleblock too). THAT's where it is DESIGNED to get dangerous. THAT's where neither you nor your opponents are guaranteed to survive. NOT in level 1!!

Level 1 is the first rate from "non dangerous" to "dangerous" meaning it's "not dangerous unless you are dumb". It is NOT designed to force people to fight to the death, FFS, the whole point of lvl 1 is to be almost safe, because it's only the beginning.

Of course, nothing stops you and your opponent to play by any rules you make up. Want an "honorable" fight? Agree to not run. Agree not to safe. Agree not to pray. Agree not to eat, FFS, if that's what you want. The whole point is that you cannot FORCE your opponent to adhere to these rules, and if he doesn't follow them, tough luck pal, find another opponent.

If in YOUR mindset level 1 wilderness is a legitimate hunting ground for loot-carrying pray, take a reality pill. It was never designed to be that way, and obviously it is not. Go to level 50. Too scared from level 50? Too friggin bad. You will not get forced pks in level 1, whether you like it or not, nor should you. Heck yea, you won't pk an unwilling person at level 1 unless he lags, gets kicked, or w/e, because that's the WHOLE POINT OF LEVEL 1 WILDERNESS.

When will the point get across to ya'll "lvl 1 leet pkers" (geez, a "pro lvl 1 pker" is like a "pro kindergarten dodgeballer"). Go to the adult world, or stop whining that you can't pk in kindergarten as you would in an adult world.

Live free or die. First option is exhausted, so guess what remains?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest it's the 'rules of honour' that have completely put me off pkÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ing in Runescape. IÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ve been in the wild 3 times and for all three was unaware of the rules.

The first time I was approached by another play wanting to fight while in Varrok. I was told I was allowed no food, no prayer etc... and once started it would be a fight to the death. I agreed but just as we got to lvl 1 wild (we were the same combat lvl) he calls out 'brb didn't bring any str pots'. So basically I had all the restrictions that he could impose on me but he failed to mention that he was gonna be using str pots to get an advantage, and once he learnt that he didn't have the advantage over me that he thought he did he retreated back to varrok - going against the rules he himself had set for the fight.

The second and third times I went to the wild really put me off because it boiled down petty name calling. My second time in the wild was a 'fight to the death', my opponent was a good 4-5 lvl's above me. I start eating lobbies when fighting only to get bombarded with 'noob safer', 'noob', 'cheating noob'.

My third time in the wild I attacked a mage (I was in full addy with rune scimmy) that was talking to some of his mates in lvl 1 wild. Once again all I got in return was 'omg not cool' and 'noob'. Prior to this I had myself been distance attacked by a mage.

While I agree that there are some advantages to having and honour system in game (based on my reading of this thread) My experience has only led me to two conclusions. Firstly it seems that the honour system is often used to give the rule maker an advantage even to the point that they will break there own rules if they find that that advantage has been lost. How does this use of the rules of honour make the fights more interesting/balanced?

Secondly the pk'ing community is very aggressive to new pk'ers. Keeping in mind that the three experiences above were all prior to my learning of the honour system, absolutely no one was willing to let me know what I had done wrong or why some people were allowed to distance attack me while I got absulutely slammed for doing something similar. Further no one was willing to explain why it wasn't ok for me to attack someone who is talking to his mates while in the wild, surely if you wanted to talk you could find a better place to do it.

Check out my blog!

www.masarius.com

1) It's the wilderness, anything goes.

2) The whole "Honor Rules" in the Wild are idiotic at most, the little kiddies made up excuses and "rules" so they can win and get stuff whereas others get pked.

3) If he rushed you, you can pj him if you want.

4) Refer to reason number 1.

Wolfy is Officially Retired.

I miss you all (Well, mostly my friends n stuff)

If you want to talk to me, send me a message, I check the boards daily. :D

1 question

Why lose your 1.6M just because of honour this is a game for pete's sake.

Why not make that extras 1.6M because you pjed.

It's a game who cares money is money and there is NO rules in the wilderness.

If its such a game then why do you care if you lose money. Answer me that without a flame or some ignorant remark.

Let me answer that for him, without flame or some ignorant remark. I have at least 2 valid reasons:

- Even in a game, money takes time to earn. If you earn 200k/hr, 1.6m would take 8 hours to make. 8 hours is like a full-time workday. Even though you were playing instead of working, that time would still be worth to you, and as money is the result of spending that time, the money is worth to you.

- The point of a multiplayer game is competition. Not just for MMORPGs, but for any other game involving multiple players. The objective is to win, not to lose, and even though you may enjoy the game itself more than the result, even the game itself wouldn't be enjoyable if you were not trying to win. It's like playing basketball without trying to outscore your opponent, what's the fun in that? After the game is over, you might be equally happy if you won or lost, but during the game you'd only have fun if you were trying to win.

Live free or die. First option is exhausted, so guess what remains?

1 question

Why lose your 1.6M just because of honour this is a game for pete's sake.

Why not make that extras 1.6M because you pjed.

It's a game who cares money is money and there is NO rules in the wilderness.

If its such a game then why do you care if you lose money. Answer me that without a flame or some ignorant remark.

Let me answer that for him, without flame or some ignorant remark. I have at least 2 valid reasons:

- Even in a game, money takes time to earn. If you earn 200k/hr, 1.6m would take 8 hours to make. 8 hours is like a full-time workday. Even though you were playing instead of working, that time would still be worth to you, and as money is the result of spending that time, the money is worth to you.

- The point of a multiplayer game is competition. Not just for MMORPGs, but for any other game involving multiple players. The objective is to win, not to lose, and even though you may enjoy the game itself more than the result, even the game itself wouldn't be enjoyable if you were not trying to win. It's like playing basketball without trying to outscore your opponent, what's the fun in that? After the game is over, you might be equally happy if you won or lost, but during the game you'd only have fun if you were trying to win.

Maybe, but its still annoying when people who try to use the "its just a game arguement". If they truely believed that, they wouldn't care if they died or lost their beutiful sausage weapon :roll: I honestly wouldn't care if someone pked me of my whip as long as its a fair fight because I could make it back in a few days. If someone pjed me, prayed, etc., I would be pissed. Otherwise, it wouldn't bother me.

soulthresher.png

It aint called the wilderness for nothing...I dont get why people complain about getting pj'd or called a "safer noob" (no i dont pk :lol: ) cos people are greedy, people want to kill you and get your items and by eating, you are increasing your chances of not getting killed and denying them your items (wether you want to fight or not) and jumping players when they are fiting someone else or rushing up to them by surprise gives the attacker a better chance of killing them and getting their items. Comon sense really, and honour was probably made by someone who was rotten at pking (a bit like me \' ) to try and get more kills...

I dont pk because i find most of the players i can spark a conversaton up with arent running around in multi wildy "p0wnin n00bs" and complaining when they get "pj'd" or called a "safer/def/str/get a life n00b"...thats my two pence :XD:

It isn't in the castle, It isn't in the mist, It's a calling of the waters, As they break to show, The new Black Death, With reactors aglow, Do you think your security, Can keep you in purity, You will not shake us off above or below

Scottish friction

Scottish fiction

There are no rules of honor.

Then why do people not safe?

Why do they not pj? (Sometimes)

Why no teles?

etc, etc.

Because people want to be respected. Respect usually means fame. People want to be famous in this game.

Real pkers wouldn't need Rules of Honor to get pks. Real pkers would be able to ko you even if you did safe, and ko you before you could tele and survive a pile jump.

well today at 11:30 am 14 years ago i was born.. wo0t!!!
At 11:30 you should start holding your head underwater wo0t!!!
Stop acting such a moron.

Then why do people not safe?

Why do they not pj? (Sometimes)

Why no teles?

etc, etc.

Because people want to be respected. Respect usually means fame. People want to be famous in this game.

Real pkers wouldn't need Rules of Honor to get pks. Real pkers would be able to ko you even if you did safe, and ko you before you could tele and survive a pile jump.

There is also something called luck in this game. Even if a real pker could survive a pj thats not saying he survives them all.

soulthresher.png

The "Rules of Honor" were originally player-applied at the begining of RS2 to organize pkilling and keep everyone happy.

Unfortunately, pre-teens, [developmentally delayed]s and people who are just plain annoying and immature (99% of pures) did not take too kindly to these rules, as it restrained them from looting others the way THEY wanted so they they can get rich quickly and without any effort or risking their own items.

Their whole grammar revolves around the word "noob" and they throw it left and right.

The way they see it, they should be able to attack you and you should just sit there and take it.

They are nothing more than nerds and cowards who ruin the game for everyone around them, but don't give a damn, so as long as they're happy.

POG3.jpg

Pretty much what Dragon said.

Thread terminated.

I guess that means I'm the thread Terminator?

No Tip.Iters were harmed in the making of this post.

Just because you dont follow them doesn't mean they dont exist.

Show me where it actually states Rules of Honor as part of the game

well today at 11:30 am 14 years ago i was born.. wo0t!!!
At 11:30 you should start holding your head underwater wo0t!!!
Stop acting such a moron.

No such thing as honour, people made up these rules of "safing" when they can't k0 so they blame it on the other person, "pjing" when someone attacks them after a fight, etc etc.

When people say theyre "no honour" theyre just e thugging it because they think they're cool, when in reality there isn't anything to be no honour about. Its the wilderness, you should expect to be attacked, to have people eat, to have people teleport. For all these "no honour" actions there are things to counteract them, praying when pjed, teleblocking, etc. The counteractions were put in place for a reason. The "no honour" actions were put into the game for a reason so it's not as easy as "kill, loot, leave".

lanthuscg3.png

Its the wilderness, there are NO enforced rules apart from the official rs rules.

If you don't like it dont go in the wilderness simple as that. If you can't hack that people are smarter and wiser to do something that benefits them and saves them a few 100k then go play Wow and get off rs.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Try following the rules, and you will realize how much more rewarding it is to PK following these rules, and understand how badly the people who oppose the rules dampen the experience. Look at how much you spend PKing, compare it to what you earn, and realize how difficult it is to make PKing profitable.

But there inlies the problem with the "PKing Rules".

You See. I think of Pking as a skill like Construction. It can be fun to level and fun to play with, but costs tons of money.

The Problem in these "New Wilderness Rules" is pkers are attempting to make a profit out of an activity that isnt necessarly made to make profit.

And then is when the rules come in. The result is more people dying, more drops and more money getting circulated around.

In my personal opinion, this is rubbish. If you think pking with the rules Jagex gave us isnt good enough and isnt fun? Then why are you playing this game? I dont think tagging is against the rules.

Another problem Ive seen with these rules is "Low Wild Dueling For Keeps".

90% of pkers are guilty to this. But back before the great pure rush of 06', torsos and other str weapons, there went these rules. Why?

People didnt "duel pk" as much as they do now? This problem of these rules was solved because people pked above the level 20 wilderness.

Dont like "tele noobs"? Cant tele above level 20, or TB.

Dont like "tagging noobs"? Bring a friend of your own Pking.

Dont Like "Safers"? Smite them and Let them waste their resources.

Dont like "Prayer Noobs"? Smite them and let them waste their resources.

Dont like "Runners"? Ancient or snare them.

Dont like "Pjers"? Dont Whine. If you have the skill to kill somone, you should have the skill to pick up the drops and get out. If you dont, you deserve to be killed.

Its a dog eat dog world in the wilderness. If you dont like How someone pk's tough luck.

Now im not saying I hate pures, or people who pk this way, because I have lots of friends who do. What I am saying is, people who excpet others to follow these UNOFFICIAL"Wilderness Rules" and then whine about others who dont follow them are childish.

You are free to follow what ever limitations you want when pking, but dont call me a noob because I dont chose to follow your limitations. I prefer to use prayer, cheap armor, 3 item, teleport, farcast, and any way I can do hurt my opponent without losing much myself.

The bottom Line..

Dont make rules and expect everyone to follow them.

Dont expect pking to make any money the first place. Then you wont have to worry about any rules of "Duel Pking".

dawnsigblue-3.png

Rushing

What's wrong with this? You're in the wild, if you get 2 spec'ed (which has almost happened to me, only reason I lived was from RoL, so I know from experience) out of nowhere it's your fault for not paying attention.

PJ'ing

Ahh..one of the big three no-no's to most pkers. Once again, pay attention to your surroundings in the wild and you can protect yourself against this (most pj'ers are 1 itemers, easily owned) and collect your loot safely.

Safing

Why WOULDN'T I want to keep myself out of KO range? Why should I keep MY hp low so YOU can win? Isn't the wild about getting a kill? Accusing someone of safing is just waste of time, if they safe you'll kill them easier (this doesn't pertain to when they tele) because their food runs out quicker.

Bottom line(s)?

Wild has no rules. Get over it. If you want a fight with rules, there's a reason they implemented the Duel Arena.

There isn't really honor in the wild. The only things I can think of that I can see as dishonerable are tele'ing away and pj'ing really.

Hevendor_Guy.png

rsdeadzm5.png

There's cake through here, apparently.

Try following the rules, and you will realize how much more rewarding it is to PK following these rules, and understand how badly the people who oppose the rules dampen the experience. Look at how much you spend PKing, compare it to what you earn, and realize how difficult it is to make PKing profitable.

You See. I think of Pking as a skill like Construction. It can be fun to level and fun to play with, but costs tons of money.

The Problem in these "New Wilderness Rules" is pkers are attempting to make a profit out of an activity that isnt necessarly made to make profit.

And then is when the rules come in. The result is more people dying, more drops and more money getting circulated around.

In my personal opinion, this is rubbish. If you think pking with the rules Jagex gave us isnt good enough and isnt fun? Then why are you playing this game? I dont think tagging is against the rules.

90% of pkers are guilty to this. But back before the great pure rush of 06', torsos and other str weapons, there went these rules. Why?

People didnt "duel pk" as much as they do now? This problem of these rules was solved because people pked above the level 20 wilderness.

Dont like "Pjers"? Dont Whine. If you have the skill to kill somone, you should have the skill to pick up the drops and get out. If you dont, you deserve to be killed.

Its a dog eat dog world in the wilderness. If you dont like How someone pk's tough luck.

Now im not saying I hate pures, or people who pk this way, because I have lots of friends who do. What I am saying is, people who excpet others to follow these UNOFFICIAL"Wilderness Rules" and then whine about others who dont follow them are childish.

You are free to follow what ever limitations you want when pking, but dont call me a noob because I dont chose to follow your limitations. I prefer to use prayer, cheap armor, 3 item, teleport, farcast, and any way I can do hurt my opponent without losing much myself.

The bottom Line..

Dont expect pking to make any money the first place. Then you wont have to worry about any rules of "Duel Pking".

Oh it's PERFECTLY okay to call you a "noob" because you don't follow the same limitations.

You choose to look at PKing as a non-profit, complete lost of money. Correct? The only reason for it is fun?

Now tell me, what exactly is the FUN in fighting 50 fights, without killing your opponent a single time? What is the FUN of never having to risk anything, and never dying unless you lag?

Where is the FUN in all this? If you actually think the above scenario is fun, fighting 50 fights in a row, wasting all your valuable food and potions, and never being able to win a fight, that's fine.

But if others disagree and want to "create" their own metagame where there are rules and such, you should respect that. It's just basic respect. If a group of players wants to play a game the way THEY want to play it, and you go in and intentionally violate it when it can barely benefit you anyways, that does qualify you to be called "noob". Then again, most things do.

If you want to say the whole thing is about FUN, then go PK in level 1 wilderness, ONLY against people who pray, who pj, who tag, who teleport, who do everything in the book that's generally disliked. Find a friend and fight each other. After a hundred fights, tell me how fun it was to never really win a fight or lose a fight, with the thought hanging over your head that all this money is going to waste that can be used in other FUN activities. I'm sorry, but if I'm going to spend almost 500k an hour, even if I lose money I actually want some fun out of it.

And again, if you read my post all my points had to do with low level wilderness. If you pass 10 wilderness where you can be higher level, bring friends, bring teleblocks and etc, and actually manage to stop them from escaping, it's really fair game. Because in level 1-5 wilderness they can escape no matter what you bring if they have prayer, the right equipment, and decent food.

The reason I didn't bring this up is because it seems quite rhetorical. The FUN of PKing is to kill people, to see nice tidy piles of treasure, and to know you actually earned something. If you're idea of "fun" is to break their rules and dampen the experience for others, how are you ANY better than someone who lures at Dagannoth Kings? "Taking over" someone's training spot and flaming them before telling them to hop? Intentionally misleading them on quests and such? Trying to teleport people at barrows so that they get killed?

People who WANT to PK with these rules should be allowed to, especially at that low in the wilderness where these rules are necessary. These rules exist for very good reasons.

Also, as for being called a noob. Let's just say there's one strategy that makes you COMPLETELY invincible and guarantees you to win the fight. In general, players agree NOT to abuse this strategy and to play without it. You know what I'm talking about, this exists in most games.

By intentionally using this strategy regardless, what you're literally telling the entire community of players is "You know, I'm not good enough to win. Thus, I'll fall back on my strategy, so I can annoy the heck out of all of you and might actually stand a chance of winning a few games."

Is that any different from a sulking kid trying to mess up a game his friends are playing because he can't win?

I can't, even in my most optimistic moments, wish that all of these "honor" PKers can have one world to PK in, and the "no-honor" PKers have another world.

But if you ever have problems with people coming in and mining all your ores, luring Dagannoth Kings to kill you or mess up your trip, crashing your Kalphite Queen or King Black Dragon trip to steal all your kills and loot, half killing all the monsters so you can't ever get drops when training, then realize what you're doing is the same: refusing to respect a specific group of player's rights to play the way they choose to. Especially when you have little control over it as you're in level 1 wilderness.

If it's fair to call people noobs for luring at DK, x-logging in stakes, and half killing, it's quite permissible for PKers to call you a noob when you're violating their rules just because you can't win by their rules.

How can you get rushed? If you are in the wilderness, aren't you supposed to be paying attention to your environment?

As for the other RoH, I think those rules are left when you leave world 18.

Notice how all the people saying "honour is stupid" never pk. If you pked you'd realise how much more fun and overall enjoyable it is when people dont use cheap tactics.

Maybe we don't pk becasue we get called noob for not sticking to stupid rules?

If you want a fight with rules use the Rules at duel arena and stake, if not stay out of the wildernedd were ANYTHING GOES

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

[hide]

The bottom Line..

Oh it's PERFECTLY okay to call you a "noob" because you don't follow the same limitations.

You choose to look at PKing as a non-profit, complete lost of money. Correct? The only reason for it is fun?

Now tell me, what exactly is the FUN in fighting 50 fights, without killing your opponent a single time? What is the FUN of never having to risk anything, and never dying unless you lag?

Where is the FUN in all this? If you actually think the above scenario is fun, fighting 50 fights in a row, wasting all your valuable food and potions, and never being able to win a fight, that's fine.

But if others disagree and want to "create" their own metagame where there are rules and such, you should respect that. It's just basic respect. If a group of players wants to play a game the way THEY want to play it, and you go in and intentionally violate it when it can barely benefit you anyways, that does qualify you to be called "noob". Then again, most things do.

If you want to say the whole thing is about FUN, then go PK in level 1 wilderness, ONLY against people who pray, who pj, who tag, who teleport, who do everything in the book that's generally disliked. Find a friend and fight each other. After a hundred fights, tell me how fun it was to never really win a fight or lose a fight, with the thought hanging over your head that all this money is going to waste that can be used in other FUN activities. I'm sorry, but if I'm going to spend almost 500k an hour, even if I lose money I actually want some fun out of it.

And again, if you read my post all my points had to do with low level wilderness. If you pass 10 wilderness where you can be higher level, bring friends, bring teleblocks and etc, and actually manage to stop them from escaping, it's really fair game. Because in level 1-5 wilderness they can escape no matter what you bring if they have prayer, the right equipment, and decent food.

The reason I didn't bring this up is because it seems quite rhetorical. The FUN of PKing is to kill people, to see nice tidy piles of treasure, and to know you actually earned something. If you're idea of "fun" is to break their rules and dampen the experience for others, how are you ANY better than someone who lures at Dagannoth Kings? "Taking over" someone's training spot and flaming them before telling them to hop? Intentionally misleading them on quests and such? Trying to teleport people at barrows so that they get killed?

People who WANT to PK with these rules should be allowed to, especially at that low in the wilderness where these rules are necessary. These rules exist for very good reasons.

Also, as for being called a noob. Let's just say there's one strategy that makes you COMPLETELY invincible and guarantees you to win the fight. In general, players agree NOT to abuse this strategy and to play without it. You know what I'm talking about, this exists in most games.

By intentionally using this strategy regardless, what you're literally telling the entire community of players is "You know, I'm not good enough to win. Thus, I'll fall back on my strategy, so I can annoy the heck out of all of you and might actually stand a chance of winning a few games."

Is that any different from a sulking kid trying to mess up a game his friends are playing because he can't win?

I can't, even in my most optimistic moments, wish that all of these "honor" PKers can have one world to PK in, and the "no-honor" PKers have another world.

But if you ever have problems with people coming in and mining all your ores, luring Dagannoth Kings to kill you or mess up your trip, crashing your Kalphite Queen or King Black Dragon trip to steal all your kills and loot, half killing all the monsters so you can't ever get drops when training, then realize what you're doing is the same: refusing to respect a specific group of player's rights to play the way they choose to. Especially when you have little control over it as you're in level 1 wilderness.

If it's fair to call people noobs for luring at DK, x-logging in stakes, and half killing, it's quite permissible for PKers to call you a noob when you're violating their rules just because you can't win by their rules.

[/hide]

Dont Get me wrong. And yes, I believe its the fight that makes pking enjoyable, not the losses or rewards. However Thats my personal opinion.

I die alot in the wild, get called a "noob", safer, teletubby, and prayer noob, but idc. To me its about the fight as I said above. Funny, I actually would prefer to die to someone 1-iteming and lose my items than fight someone who didnt give every possible option of combat they had. To me it makes the fights more intresting.. Instead of just using one tactic over and over.

If you die to someone with 1 or 3 items, or someone farcasting, it simply proves you wernt prepared, and perhaps you should learn better tactics and hopefully learn something from your death.

Anyways (Back on topic). I do agree with you, dont get me wrong. Im not dissing "honor pking" or anyone who does it.

The point im trying to make is, Dont expect to make a profit of it.

And dont expect eveyone to follow the "unofficial pking rules". Calling people noobs isnt the proper way to enforce these rules.

Like I said before, if you want to abide by these limitations and fight others who agree to them, I dont see anything wrong with it.

The issue I have is when people who dont agree with the "rules" get called names, and are looked down upon because they didnt follow "unwritten rules".

Again incase you didnt read it. I have NO problem with people who duel in the wilder under these rules. The problem I have is when people force others to pk under these rules due to fear, if they dont want to.

Anyone who wishes to pk by these rules are welcome to do it, but I dont think its right to make the whole community look down upon these players who only play by Jagex's rules. Do you?

If someone called you an eating noob because you eat sharks at 40hp and over at KQ, wouldnt you think thats a bit disurbing? You are welcome to play by those rules but I dissagree in trying to make the whole community play this way.

dawnsigblue-3.png

The only rule in the Wilderness is to obey that number on the bottom right. There's no honor in the wilderness because they're shouldnt be.

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.