Awww? Poor gold farmer? [please lock]

Omar

Most of you in TIF know about macroers, and when I asked my friend why he wouldn't come to my bot reporting trip, he said "It's the only thing they can do for cash!"

So, when you think about it, a macroer is often a poor kid hat has to work in these conditions and that would probably rather work somewhere else.

What do you think about that? Is it being selfish, or is it legitimate?

A macroer is not a kid who has to work in poor conditions. A macroer is someone who is too lazy or stubborn to play the game for themselves and uses a program which Jagex declares illegal. They're being lazy and having something else do the work for them. It is not a legitimate way of making money, it's a way of being selfish and damaging the Runescape economy and community at the same time. If you don't have time to play the game, then don't play it. Just because you don't have as much time to play as other players doesn't give you a legitimate excuse/reason to break the law.

It's just like steroids in Real Life. People want to become stronger without doing the necessary physical training to get themselves there. Player A uses steroids and performs better, gets more money, and is more successful while Player B isn't as good and doesn't make as much money. Even though the salaries for most sports are pretty ridiculous. If they get caught, they damage their reputation and hurt the other people around them, even the honest ones.

I have no pity for macroers and if you find your account locked because you were macroing, I say good riddance you CHEATER and don't do it again. You are the ones who are screwing up the Runescape community. Let the honest players enjoy this game.

-Runescape Addict --- Seven-time Writer for the Tip.It Times-

"Yes I have tricks in my pocket, I have things up my sleeve. But I am the opposite of a stage magician. He gives you the illusion that has the appearance of truth. I give you truth in the pleasant disguise of illusion." - The Glass Menagerie

DragonkinFF13Sig2copy.jpg

"This game isn't about graphics, it's about fun." - The Great Ortiz 9471

<> Dragon drops: Plateskirt(1), Half Shield(1) <>

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that most people (unless the fair woodcutters and ess miners) feel sorry for our fellow runescaper that has to work hard for cash.

But since buying/selling real life cash for Runescape money is forbidden in rule 12 (see the report abuse button :wink: ) they should'nt be allowed in the game. Even if they keep the economy steady

but that's my opinion ::'

~Niels586

~Hi.

Is RSI like AIDs?

They do not keep the economy steady.

Say all bots are bannished, except yew bots. Purchase power for yew woodcutters goes out of hand, because all prices raise. Now say, all bots are bannished. All prices raise, and in the end, the prices go high, but the way you make money still lets you afford what you need. Right?

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

A shop or factory in which employees work long hours at low wages under poor conditions.

16 hours

0.50 cents an hour

Sounds like a sweatshop to me -.-

It looks bad, but remember, this is China. It would be the same low-income situation as a Chinese factory worker, for example.

For some reason people think little kids are forced to play these games. They're not. The people that work there aren't evil. They're just trying to make a living. The chance of destroying a game's economy certainly isn't going to stop them. That doesn't mean we should ignore gold farmers, but please, cut out all the ignorant rhetoric about "those evil chinese shweatshops".

No, you said that it was exagerated to call those shops sweatshops, and what highlander did is provide the dictionary definition and show you that indeed those shops are sweatshops, end of the sotry.

A shop or factory in which employees work long hours at low wages under poor conditions.

16 hours

0.50 cents an hour

It looks bad, but remember, this is China. It would be the same low-income situation as a Chinese factory worker, for example.

For some reason people think little kids are forced to play these games. They're not. The people that work there aren't evil. They're just trying to make a living. The chance of destroying a game's economy certainly isn't going to stop them. That doesn't mean we should ignore gold farmers, but please, cut out all the ignorant rhetoric about "those evil chinese shweatshops".

No, you said that it was exagerated to call those shops sweatshops, and what highlander did is provide the dictionary definition and show you that indeed those shops are sweatshops, end of the sotry.

If you would constitute that a sweatshop, then China is filled with them. It's nothing special.

Macroers and Gold Farmers-Can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em.

Sure, it's annoying when you're competing with level 99 woodcutters when trying to chop trees, but they lower prices which most people like, but it ruins our economy. So it's good and bad mixed together. Really, I don't think too many people felt strongly about saving 500 gp on 1 Shark.

But Autoers and Gold Farmers are rule-breakers and should be banned.

Just my two cents.

My F2P Moneymaking Guide!

Always gargle before a takeoff. Wakka Wakka!

seriously a economy can't die, it can change... but basic things like supplie and demand wil always stabalize it (at a far higher or lower point that it is atm maybe...) the only way for a mmorpg economy to realy die is if everybody (or most people except maybe 3) are to quit.

Take a look at EverQuest. That's called a dead economy. Why? Inflation caused by gold farmers.

Astaroth51.png

signc6.png

Guest killerbo

16 hours

0.50 cents an hour

The movie that he has a link too shows you what a "Sweatshop" looks like on the other side of thw computer

Also watch all three vids in the person profileonly takes about 20 minutes :|

1 US dollar = 8 chinease yuen so...

Thats 4 yuen an hour

Even though this is WoW this is still what it looks like

a bunch of chinese people become spies and start stealing government plans for money, should we feel sorry for them because they only get payed .50 an hour?

The thing is, Runescape is a game. The governement on the other hand...

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

a bunch of chinese people become spies and start stealing government plans for money, should we feel sorry for them because they only get payed .50 an hour?

The thing is, Runescape is a game. The governement on the other hand...

yes but both are against some kind of law

However, messing up Runescape doesn't affect people in real life, or maybe just slightly. Now try messing up countries... :anxious:

Two points I'd like to expand on there. Firstly, that actually highlights a problem with the whole culture of cheating. The only reason it exists is because the majority of people would rather take the easy way to victory, than take the long path and relish the reward at the end. If Jagex are ever to solve this issue of macroing, they need to remove this culture first, or it's a hopeless cause and issue that will constantly pop-up as a low-level annoyance.

Actually the reason why macroing exists because people like to beat the system, and make a little money on the side on the occasion that they sell it. The people who make macros couldn't care less about pixels.

A bit before that game engine update, where there were 100+ macroers on every world just mining rune essence, the people who actually made the macros didn't want them. It was the creators of that particular macro which killed it, and pretty much flag anyone who used the macro for Jagex to ban easily.

The only people who actually wanted it back after the game engine update were the leechers.

It's the leechers that take the macros and abuse them that are the problem of cheating.

• 4 weeks later...

Gold farmers cause:

- Jagex to ban people unfairly, when Person 1 wants to give Person 2 a present for some occasion to celebrate or anything like that and they both get banned for real world trading.

- Prices of Pure essence to drop RAPIDLY. (100gp - 75gp... but I think they're going back up now with the introduction of the ZMI update) Good for the crafters yes, but bad for the economy.

- Peoples' efforts in fishing sharks, mining p ess go down the drain. Mining 10k p ess to hopefully sell for 1mil? No, you can't do that anymore. Gold farmers probably sell p ess for a lower price than usual

And what is causing this?:

- Personal gain. "P ESS AUTOERS / GOLD FARMERS ARE GOOD I CAN NOW GET MORE PROFIT FROM RCING YAY!" Have you thought about people who hard mined p ess, only to find that they can't sell it due to gold farmers offering much better selling prices? "W00T SHARK AUTOERS / FARMERS ARE GOOD: CHEAP SHARKS FTW" (Yes, I have heard a 3-digit level say this before) Again, not thinking about proper people who spent lots of time fishing sharks to *hopefully* make a profit?

- "Heck-care" Attitude . "Don't worry, someone will eventually report them all and Jagex will banz0rd them all!". Assuming that gold farmers will totally quit Runescape one day.

Which leads to:

- Gold farmers staying

- Effects of gold farming repeating

- Whole thing goes in a cycle.

However, Jagex did do quite a good job banning autoers and gold farmers lately though.

Yeah, but the gold farmer gets to eat tonight. Would you rather sell your sharks for a lower price, or cause someone to be very hungry tonight?

Jagex can't do anything about the gold farmers. The gold farmers aren't even against the rules. Macros are against the rules however gold farmers ,although they are where real world trading companies get the runescape cash from, are still controlled by real people so jagex cannot ban gold farmers.

Jagex can't do anything about the gold farmers. The gold farmers aren't even against the rules. Macros are against the rules however gold farmers ,although they are where real world trading companies get the runescape cash from, are still controlled by real people so jagex cannot ban gold farmers.

Actually, JagEx can do whatever the hell they want, its their game. Maybe your suggesting they shouldn't, but the EULA (End User License Agreement) you signed to play the game says that they can if they feel like it. See, if you read the EULA you find out your just renting the account per see. JagEx actually owns your account and everything in it, so they can tell you your not allowed to sell it to somebody else, just like you cant sell a car with a lease on it without the bank's/dealers permission.

The reason for this is simple. In the real world, if you give/sell someone something there are no take backs. It would be theft to take a gold farmers account if they owned it, but JagEx owns it and has dictated the terms under which they may use it. But if you rent it to them (which is what JagEx is doing), you can take it back whenever the conditions of the license are violated. If they conditions are not violated you cannot take it back, but as soon as they are you can legally take it.

triforceelf.png

Title: Gold farmers Post: macros wtf? what are we debating?

A macro is just some lazy little twerp who is LAZY and stupid.

A goldfarmer actually does this for a living he is sad and lonely and depressed. I feel bad for them and they are legit they are just making money for food. But the guy who runs them needs to be tortured to death :twisted:

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

Actually, JagEx can do whatever the hell they want, its their game. Maybe your suggesting they shouldn't, but the EULA (End User License Agreement) you signed to play the game says that they can if they feel like it. See, if you read the EULA you find out your just renting the account per see. JagEx actually owns your account and everything in it, so they can tell you your not allowed to sell it to somebody else, just like you cant sell a car with a lease on it without the bank's/dealers permission.

The reason for this is simple. In the real world, if you give/sell someone something there are no take backs. It would be theft to take a gold farmers account if they owned it, but JagEx owns it and has dictated the terms under which they may use it. But if you rent it to them (which is what JagEx is doing), you can take it back whenever the conditions of the license are violated. If they conditions are not violated you cannot take it back, but as soon as they are you can legally take it.

Of course they can ban them legally without any reason, however they wouldn't be able to accuse them of breaking any rules making jagex seem a little hypocritical since jagex banned a player when technically they were never breaking any rules (Jagex said they would always have proof of a rule broken for banning an account). And I don't like or dislike goldfarmers because not all of them work for real world item trading companies

Of course they can ban them legally without any reason, however they wouldn't be able to accuse them of breaking any rules making jagex seem a little hypocritical since jagex banned a player when technically they were never breaking any rules (Jagex said they would always have proof of a rule broken for banning an account). And I don't like or dislike goldfarmers because not all of them work for real world item trading companies

Actually, Goldfarmers are breaking the rules; Real World Trading and (possibly) interaction between accounts. They are collecting money to sell, correct? And don't Jagex specifically state in their rules that it is illegal to trade RuneScape goods for real world goods? Also, if they are gathering the GP for themselves (not to sell) then they would be giving the money to their main, which would be interaction between their accounts. So there is no hypocrisy whatsoever. And they have reason to accuse them.

Here are the rules, taken from the website:

Can I give items to another player from one of my accounts, so that they can then give the items to another character that I play?

No, this goes against the rule. You may not transfer items between your accounts in any way.

RuneScape items must only be exchanged for other items/services within the game.

Exchanging RuneScape items for items or other benefits in other online games, real-life money or other real-life benefits is not allowed.

Wait up. I'm not excusing bots at all. I simply wrote "Macro" in my topic title instead of "Gold farmers" which is what I meant.

Actually, Goldfarmers are breaking the rules; Real World Trading and (possibly) interaction between accounts. They are collecting money to sell, correct? And don't Jagex specifically state in their rules that it is illegal to trade RuneScape goods for real world goods? Also, if they are gathering the GP for themselves (not to sell) then they would be giving the money to their main, which would be interaction between their accounts. So there is no hypocrisy whatsoever. And they have reason to accuse them.

Here are the rules, taken from the website:

Can I give items to another player from one of my accounts, so that they can then give the items to another character that I play?

No, this goes against the rule. You may not transfer items between your accounts in any way.

RuneScape items must only be exchanged for other items/services within the game.

Exchanging RuneScape items for items or other benefits in other online games, real-life money or other real-life benefits is not allowed.

The gold farmers can just collect money and give it to someone else in the company to sell to the customer. The specific gold farming account is not real world item trading and is interacting with someone elses account;thus not breaking any rules. And what about real players that do nothing but make money and does not break any rules?

Well. It's pretty damn simple. The guy is helping someone breaking a rule.

Say there's a country where you can grow marijuana for your own use, but not sell it. I wonder if there's a country like that. Anyways. If someone grows weed, gives it to someone and knows that they'll sell it, they're a partner in a crime and therefore, should be exposed in the street for people to throw cheesecake at. Or you could throw them in prison O:)

Well. It's pretty damn simple. The guy is helping someone breaking a rule.

Say there's a country where you can grow marijuana for your own use, but not sell it. I wonder if there's a country like that. Anyways. If someone grows weed, gives it to someone and knows that they'll sell it, they're a partner in a crime and therefore, should be exposed in the street for people to throw cheesecake at. Or you could throw them in prison O:)

Called an asset. It's tough though, without that job they would probably end up being unemployed and homeless and i'm sure the little money gold farmers get is welcomed.

gladz.png

Proud Retired Council of The Gladiatiorz

Click here for our website - 110+ F2P Combat Requirements