Awww? Poor gold farmer? [please lock]

Omar

So, if you consider that "stable", then I recommend that you have your head examined. Especially Wcing bots. ...

The autoer: Selling 100k yew logs 200gp ea...That stable?

You should follow your advice, because the price never once plunged to 200ea...Unless the amount of yew tree spawns is doubled :XD:

For sharks to drop to 300~400 there must be 2x or 3x number of shark fishers that fish like an average fisher. But reconsider cause sharks are constantly expensed.

Total Level 2247- 11x 99s All Combat Skills, Slayer, Summoning, Woodcutting, Herblore

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, if you consider that "stable", then I recommend that you have your head examined. Especially Wcing bots. ...

The autoer: Selling 100k yew logs 200gp ea...That stable?

You should follow your advice, because the price never once plunged to 200ea...Unless the amount of yew tree spawns is doubled :XD:

For sharks to drop to 300~400 there must be 2x or 3x number of shark fishers that fish like an average fisher. But reconsider cause sharks are constantly expensed.

First, that is what I call an "example". This never happened, but I'm pointing out what is "stable" in the RS economy. :XD: Second, I don't know if you were there, but before May 1st, 2007, sharks were around 300-400gp ea. How come? Sharks. Anyway, the point was that the bots only ruin the economy for everyone (its hard for the buyer to get sellers if something they are buying is so ridiciously cheap). Please read my posts if you want to quote them.

safari20hat11.jpg

We should euthanize anyone who lacks the capability to contribute to society in any way.

Please don't elect this man for president in 2012

I have a question:

Who created the idea that all goldfarmers are poor chinese that work for low wages and in bad conditions?

8888kev8888.jpeg

Sigs by: Soa | Gold_Tiger10 | Harrinator1 | Guthix121 | robo | Elmo | Thru | Yaff2

Avatars by: Lit0ua | Unoalexi | Gold Tiger .

Hello friend, Senajitkaushik was epic, Good luck bro.

Second, I don't know if you were there, but before May 1st, 2007, sharks were around 300-400gp ea.

Some1 confirm this (I only saw 600 @ lowest).

I rather have a more realistic example than an impossible one. :-w

Total Level 2247- 11x 99s All Combat Skills, Slayer, Summoning, Woodcutting, Herblore

Second, I don't know if you were there, but before May 1st, 2007, sharks were around 300-400gp ea.

Some1 confirm this (I only saw 600 @ lowest).

I rather have a more realistic example than an impossible one. :-w

Unfortunately, I have no records of sharks being 300-400gp ea. Maybe the only way to find out is ask people who keep track of shark price records apart from me of course.

safari20hat11.jpg

We should euthanize anyone who lacks the capability to contribute to society in any way.

I have a question:

Who created the idea that all goldfarmers are poor chinese that work for low wages and in bad conditions?

umm maybe the fact that they are? quit being ignorant and get back on topic.

And this answers my question how? I want to see the facts and truth!

Show me the proof that all macroers are Chinese!

8888kev8888.jpeg

Sigs by: Soa | Gold_Tiger10 | Harrinator1 | Guthix121 | robo | Elmo | Thru | Yaff2

Avatars by: Lit0ua | Unoalexi | Gold Tiger .

Hello friend, Senajitkaushik was epic, Good luck bro.

I have a question:

umm maybe the fact that they are? quit being ignorant and get back on topic.

And this answers my question how? I want to see the facts and truth!

Show me the proof that all macroers are Chinese!

It's just Jagex who said that, well not exactly. But "some" or "many" was distorted into all. It's the "some" that I feel for.

@m4tty: I don't know where you took the fact that he is ignorant because you're wrong. Not all gold farmers are chinese. There's probably people in North America who do it actually. And, he's talking about gold farmers! That's what the damn topic is about!

[edit]Fixed tag.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

my feeling is mixed.

Standing on my own point of view, they make all the resources price level pummel. My lobsters no longer sells for 250ea but 220ea, lvl70 woodcutting in f2p is no longer a road to millionaire... Of course, I would say all of them selfish

However, if you know how they suffer due to lack of income of jobs, and bow to their need to taking care of families, I feel it is quite curel to remove all of them, leaving their family in starvation. Furthermore, without them, many legitimate player suffers due to severe inflation. (The low price level is mainly contributed to the huge supply. When the supply are removed, price goes up)

Concluding this two, I can understand why Jagex trys to keep a balance. In fact, if they want to remove all the macroers, that would be pretty easy, well within their abilities.

Currently taking a break from Runescape

to whoever said "goldfarming probably happens in north america too", no it doesnt probably, even if the people selling it all got the exact amount the gold was worth they would get less per hour than even a fraction of the minimum wage, but because things are extremely cheap in china mostly due to their communist movement the amount made off goldfarming is enough for them to live though, and i think they care more about putting food on the table than the economy on a game (on some youtube video i saw once they actually said the idea of goldfarming was thought up because food was so cheap in china but more expensive in other countries but they couldnt sell it for that - but they CAN export time/effort on an internet game.) also china has a much higher population than america so there is alot of competition even for minimum wage jobs, so some of them have to go to goldfarming just to live... but in america, europe etc there is pretty much always SOME kind of job.

lets look at something:

most money you can make on rs in 1 hour with HIGH SKILLS, NO LUCK: 1m? (91+ rc)

most money you can make on rs in 1 hour with DISPOSABLE ACCOUNTS: 200k?

rs mills are like $3/ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã1.50? so like $3/ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã1.50 an hr after they reach 91 rc etc, and before that, 60 cents/30 pence an hour? and the minimum wage in the uk is like ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã5, and the us its like $8 or $10? (dont know exactly.) and i REALLY doubt anyone would sit on a computer for ages to get in 15 hours what they would get in 1 hour if they just walked into a job centre and said "give me anything". cant pull up any rough figures but the cost of living in china is probably lower than everywhere else, but also the average income being lower - probably much closer to the amount made off goldfarming. so in summary i really doubt that "not all goldfarming happens in china/other countries similar to china" comment.

in "Macroers" its probably mostly (as in basically all) goldfarmers but only afew actual auto bots (the actual autos being set up by people all around the world, and not done to live, just for extra cash irl or for fun on rs due to having more gp)

alot of rs gp is sold by rich stakers who quit, most people who play rs "properly" are from europe or the usa and that is different to goldfarming (rather than playing rs for the sole purpose of making rl money, they just sell off what they have on rs rather than let it rot when they quit, still against the rules tho) and they harm the rares economy but not much else, if ONE person loses even a billion gp in a ban, it gets alched back every day.

OK, but the stereotype that they're all in China is false I think. I'm sure there are some in other Asian countries, maybe even other continents.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Concluding this two, I can understand why Jagex trys to keep a balance. In fact, if they want to remove all the macroers, that would be pretty easy, well within their abilities.

IT is, but because of so many bots, its challenging.

OK, but the stereotype that they're all in China is false I think. I'm sure there are some in other Asian countries, maybe even other continents.

Like Korea, which Jagex mentioned.

safari20hat11.jpg

Yes.

Yeah, but I'm talking to someone else.

• 2 weeks later...
No, actually macroing for a living in China pays about as well, and has the same or better working conditions as any other job. Jagex was exaggerating when they said "sweatshops".

Any other job?

I don't think you get the meaning of that. Jobs there aren't exactly like they are in the us,france,england or any other wealthy country. Yes, China has one of the, and possibly, the fastest growing economies in the world. But even with that, per capita (per person) each person only has about three thousand dollars compared to the fifty thousand that wealthy countries have. A reminder, the gap between rich and poor is extremely huge. If you go to big cities in China, such as Beijing and Shanghai the people are like us, but the majority of China is desert, most of the population are poor farmers. The middle class there is like our lower class. I HAVE BEEN TO CHINA, I AM CHINESE. My uncles and aunts there lived in very poor houses, one house that I saw shocked me, it was the size of my bedroom; a bathtub was in one corner the stove right next to it and a sink. Only about 1/4(2x2 sp ft) of the "house" was empty space for a bed,tv or whatever. There are no child labor laws. Women don't have rights yet. The streets there are the toilets of the people living there, literally. I have grown up in the US all my life, a cousin of mine who is about 4 years old, came to visit last year. She was used to going to the street to use the "toilet" that completly puzzled me, third world countries are much much different than they are here in the us and probaly any country who is wealthy.

I don't think you can say much about gold farmers unless you have actually been to China and seen what it is like.( or any other third world country)

ps. search on youtube for the documentary on gold farmers

But the situation above isn't the exact same. This would be the on, I think:

Let's say you have 1000$ in your bank account. That's your property, right? Say you make 15$ of profit everyday, but someone steals 10$ off you everyday and says it's for starving kids in Africa. How would you feel?

I'd say I can donate to orphens on my own time. It is neither the governments nor anyone elses job to force charity on anyone. My money is my money and it is between me and God what I do with it.

Obviously your parents never took you out to see what other parts of the world are like. What are you going to do with your money? Spend it on runescape for the rest of your life? Buy a brand new computer? Honestly, do you have any money, since your so stingy about 10 dollars.

If your philosophy is "people are allowed money if they work hard for it". Does a theif work hard for his money? If he does then why does he get sent to jail?

. This proves that runescapers who work for their money deserve it and gold farmers don't is untrue isn't it.

another example could be,

Your the starving person in Africa, and a person like you doesn't want to give 10$ to you for food. Well, what would you do then?

Let's say you have 1000$ in your bank account. That's your property, right? Say you make 15$ of profit everyday, but someone steals 10$ off you everyday and says it's for starving kids in Africa. How would you feel?

I'd say I can donate to orphens on my own time. It is neither the governments nor anyone elses job to force charity on anyone. My money is my money and it is between me and God what I do with it.

Obviously your parents never took you out to see what other parts of the world are like. What are you going to do with your money? Spend it on runescape for the rest of your life? Buy a brand new computer? Honestly, do you have any money, since your so stingy about 10 dollars.

If your philosophy is "people are allowed money if they work hard for it". Does a theif work hard for his money? If he does then why does he get sent to jail?

. This proves that runescapers who work for their money deserve it and gold farmers don't is untrue isn't it.

Your the starving person in Africa, and a person like you doesn't want to give 10$ to you for food. Well, what would you do then?

get a damn job.

autos/farmers/macro. its a mixed bag of good and bad

good: they keep the economy stable and allow people to obtain large numbers of raw materials like logs, bow strings, dragon hides and dragon bones

bad: they were everywere, and break several rules, including no real world trading

seriously, without macros, the rs economy would die

it would just mean more people would have to gather resources and less people merchant

imagine all yew autoers were banned forever (theoreticly) the price of yews would go up so more people would cut logs because it would be more profitable then pushing the price back down to maybe just over the previous price (when there were autoers) infact this would mean less people would merchant because less yews and mages and less money coming into the world and result

get a damn job.

Are you being sarcastic again? The people in Africa can't just get a job in a snap of their fingers y'know.

get a damn job.

Are you being sarcastic again? The people in Africa can't just get a job in a snap of their fingers y'know.

There is always work, if you are prepared to do it, doesnt matter where in the world you are, some one wants something done.

And china has jobs everywhere, dont try pretend its impossible to find a job in the country that has more factorys and outlets then pretty much any other in the world.

Do what you have to do to survive within the boundarys of the law untill thats not an option, i doubt chinese gold farmers had 0 other options.

get a damn job.

Lmao, you make it sound like a riddle with an obvious answer. I feel like making a siggy out've that.

All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...

This is the truth!

This is my belief!

...at least for now.

"The Mystery of Life"

Vol. 841, Ch. 26

Like 123Yourgone said, there is always a job. Whether it's cleaning sewers or or having a desk job, it's still a job.

All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...

This is the truth!

This is my belief!

...at least for now.

"The Mystery of Life"

Vol. 841, Ch. 26

• 2 weeks later...

The sweatshop workers probably play with at least 2 accounts same time.

The bald bots are RSD bots. 1 computer should be able to run from 10 to 100 (depends on computer) RSD bots same time. RSD is sold for 2$ per account per week, if there are so many bots they dont even make profit... :D

The advanced cheaters do multi-acc too, they don't use bald bots and have nice cmb levels, making them seem like any RS player. They live in all over the world, yes in America too. But unlike many people, they don't do it for living, but for just some extra income or some fun on RS. (pking, staking, skills)

I know it all.

My goals:
[b]5M coins:[/b] 4350K+ coins 200k+ items - 2 dec 
5M coins - 16 dec
I [b]have gotten[/b] my 5M by christmas.

-bah this is only here for historical purposes now, I got 20m+ already

"fail,well atleast the title,i wont read it with that colours"

"If you hadn't posted in rainbow I would actually give this a proper read"

"Colours suck."

*I remove colours*

"Where did all the colors go!? This is now 40% more likely to be tl;dr'd due to the lack of colors."