The stupidity of summoning...

Kietaro1

After you finish reading what I have to say, could someone please tell me exactly why summoning would be horrible?

Okay, if I were asked by Jagex to make a summoning skill, here's how I would do it.

Summoning scrolls would be drops from high lvl humanoids. Or the lower level ones could be bought of of summoning stores. There would be summoning equipment, of course. You can't have a skill and no equipment, after all. Most scrolls would already have been identified by the store owner. The ones that drop from some npc's could not have been identified (unless you have seen it before) and therefore be a surprising strong or weak monster. In order to summon with these types of scrolls, see below. If you use the wrong scroll with the wrong bones, both the bones and the scroll would be engulfed in a strange green fire.Usually. It would be cool if Jagex created new monsters that were only for summoning and would look like strange fusions of the desired monster and the monster's bones that you used.

Unfinished scrolls are also a possibility. See below.

Summoning equipment examples:

Summoning gloves: Must be worn in order to control summoned monster. Upgraded versions would be needed to control certain monsters.

Face of the beasts: A mask that must be worn while summoning, resembles summoned monster, somewhat. New options can be utilized with monster. Can be crafted at w/e lvl. If enchanted, can be used to converse with summoned monster. Conversation is not really neccesary, as summoned monster would be able to execute tasks that it was summoned for. It would allow you to talk to other summoned monsters, though. If you wear one that your monster doesn't like, it will turn on you. Non-tradeable except for stores.

Amulet of the beasts: must be worn in order to summon monster. after the monster is first summoned, the amulet would be able to store unused monsters for later use. Has a limit of 5 monsters at a time

Ring of recognition (or something cooler sounding but with the same meaning): Worn so that monster can recognize it's master. If it isn't worn, some monsters will turn on you.

Summoning potion: Can be made in herblore. Must be on person when summoning. When summoning scroll is used with desired monster's bones or body part, potion would be used up and desired monster would appear.

Bones/ remains:Bones can be used for almost ALL of the desired monsters. Remains would be better but would not drop as much as bones. Remains would allow the desired monster to be stronger than one summoned with bones, though neither would be as strong as the monster that the summoned one is based on.

Record book: a book that keeps an image of every scroll that you've seen and tells what monster it is for. Non-destructible, very valuable, and tradeable. If traded, the information would be known to the player that you traded with and you would lose your knowledge. Can be reprinted for a fee from a summoning NPC ( see below)

NPC's:

Summoning tutor: teaches you basics of summoning and gives you summoning gloves and record books.

Summoning store owner: Sells most summoning necessities. I assume the items I mentioned above would be the tip of the iceberg for items used in summoning. The masks and gloves would be in large amounts, though.

(insert name here): Main summoner NPC. Can identify unknown summoning scrolls. First five are free. The price would be balanced enough to make most player think, "is it worth it to pay for it or is the risk low enough for me to try on my own. She would be the only one able to identify unknown summoning scrolls.

(insert name here):Sister of above NPC: Heads Summoning guild. Can give you quests that include you identifying unknown scrolls, searching for remains, or using your monsters as bodyguards for a royal figure.

There would be stores in the guild.

The guild would have a chamber that allowed for:

1: Battles between 2 summoned monsters. Bets can be made on matches. Monsters with a 3 level difference in between could not be bet on.

2:Trading summoning amulets/Amulet lotteries. Kinda like a party room for amulets, without the balloons and dancing knights. And party hats.

3:Species wars: Teleported to an area where your summoned monster participate in mini-games against other species, like capture the flag or something. Maybe like castle wars for monsters.

4: Fight cage: You fight against another player's summoned monster. Similar to duel arena.

There would be quests for this skill obviously and I won't go into them because I don't feel like making one up.

If you cannot control monster and it's level is close to yours, exactly yours, or higher than yours it will attack you or another target besides the one you chose it to attack. So you gotta be careful. Then again, this could be used as an advantage. Maybe.

Options for summoned monster:

1: Attack. This option allows for your monster to attack another monster. A summoned monster cannot attack another player outside the wilderness and the fight cage. Monsters above lvl 70 cannot attack others while in a dungeon and cannot be attacked itself.

2: Carry. Summoned monster will be able to carry most items. Inventory limit is 8 spaces. I suggest filling it with food.

3: Take: If you want an item from your monster's inventory, you right click it and it's inventory pops up in a window similar to the Death screen. Click what you want and it shows up at the top of the window. Click accept. If you have an item in your inventory that matches an item your monster has, right click your item and choose "take".

4: Converse( only available while Face of the beasts is equipped). Listen to what your monster thinks of you. Can also offer clues about scrolls or just various knowledge that it accumulated when it was free.

5: Recede. Calls your monster into amulet. If there is no space it stays out.

6: Inspect. See your monsters stats.

Monsters cannot equip items. Monsters cannot drink potions. Monsters only eat certain items. Many times they will eat raw food. Any food they eat will only heal them by 5 hp. They can't eat cooked food. IF their health falls below halfway in battle, they will eat things in their inventory while in battle. Some of these things will HARM the monster.

When a monster is summoned, it costs summoning points. These take away from your summoning level. example:

lvl 1 imp

Summoning lvl:16

cost: 0

Lost points: 0

Lvl 70 jelly

Summoning lvl: 89

cost:60

Lost points: 60

you may ask, what about burned bones and ashes?

Burned bones will almost always turn into ash. Very rarely and randomly, though, a zombie or ghost will be summoned. It can be spoken to, though it is easily enraged because of it's disturbance. Those with amulets of ghostspeak will be able to talk to ghost for a while before it disappears or attacks you. Zombies attack you. Neither drop any items, though ghosts sometimes offer clues on where to dig for treasure. This is the only way to summon those two beings.

Ashes are used to summon imps, lesser demons and greater demons. The chances for demons are very low but steadily rise as you gain summoning levels. The demons would be weaker than normal demons but still strong.

Most slayer monsters would be summonable as well as most of the monsters in the bestiary.

After reaching a certain lvl in construction, you would be able to station summoned monsters in your POH. They could guard the house and attack players that are not on your friends list. If anyone in your house somehow finds their name on your ignore list, they would be attacked by the closest monster. When the monsters are added to your house, you gain construction xp as well as summoning xp. There is a limit to 3 monsters per room.

Summoning monsters, putting them in your house and doing quests raise give you summoning xp. Reading new summoning scrolls also give xp.

Certain items when used instead of remains for summoning can sometimes summon random monsters. Unfinished scrolls can would be necessary for this to occur. e.g.

unfinished scroll used with leather glove.

summon crawling hand.

These types of summon would fail almost as much as they succeed. They would be noted in the record book.

Everything that I have written is what I would put into summoning as a base.

The internet: A place where the men are men, the women are men, and 13 year old girls are FBI agents.
looks like WoW's interface.

Were you too lazy to read 3 posts above or too stupid to comprehend it?

Brothers and sisters, I have none, but that man's father is my father's son. Who is that man?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"The stupidity of summoning..."

Agreed.

A complete waste of a skill. What benefits will there be?

Summon a monster to kill -> trains combat. Hmmmm, SLAYER! You lazy arse!

Summon a monster -> mage exp. Hmmmm, Ancient Magics, High Alching!

summoning sounds good as a concept, but not in practice. there will be so many loop holes and bugs it would make it impossible to kill a high level summoner. and also a low level could get 99 and instantly become lvl 82 atleast (lesser demon). and the bugs associated with it would be aweful, such as a demon that keeps fighting after you die or a incorrect hex code makes it aggressive to the summoner.

it would be cool for like a non-combat type summoning. someone to help mine or will take stuff to the bank for you.

F2PBlackWhite-H3%20all%20the%20way-Gibsocam.gif

clansiggywo2.png

it would be cool for like a non-combat type summoning. someone to help mine or will take stuff to the bank for you.

So basically Runescape will be divided by class. The richer and better you are the more servants you can hire the more tasks you can accomplish etc.

didnt u guys hear? rs2 will eventually become obsolete just like they did to rsc and theyll come out with rs3 which WILL have the summoning skill. and then everyone who wants to stay on rs2 will know how rscers felt when they got robbed of their game :roll:

im still bitter with their handling on rsc's situation but i dont blame them and have nothing against rs2 so this post is not a flame against rs2 cause i still play both versions :thumbsup:

Your theory would hold more merit if Jagex hadn't already come out and said that RS3 will never happen. Idiot.

Show me a qoute of that, regardless though, jagex lies all the time "idiot"

Jagex said they wouldnt remove rsc, and that f2p and p2p would stay up and open to registration, oh look they lied.

Jagex said they wouldnt ban 6feetunder if he told them about the dupe, oh look they lied.

Jagex said 3 h1t quit was a real world item trader and banned him, i know they lied there also.

Jagex said they ban 30,000 macroers a month, that was sort of a lie also, they dont mention that its the same 30,000 macroers every month on new accounts.

Jagex said rs2 wouldnt be macroable, they lied.

Jagex said randoms would stop macros, they lied.

Jagex says a lot of things, doesnt make it true, i guarentee there will be a new runescape engine within the next few years.

There would have to be some obvious limits to the skill. If you have ever played Exile 2: Crystal Souls you would know about the "soul trap" option for summoning. In exile, you used a spell to steal a creatures soul and trap it into a Soul Crystal, or something of the like, can't remember right now, and you used another spell to summon it out of the crystal and the monster fought for your cause. I doubt you could farm these monsters and would probably have something like the castlewars option when you try to hit your own allie. Still, summoning would be interesting nonetheless.

soulthresher.png

The only way I could see sumoning working was if there was a HP cost. It makes sense that the NPCs life force has to come from somewhere, so that would make it have a set limit, your HP.

Also, they could have a requirement of the monster's 100% drop, such as big bones for giants, ashes for demons, and other bone or object requirements (even as random as Vials of water for water elimentals and a rock for earth elimentals :lol: ).

TheDarkestLight2.jpg

[hide]

Come, be my light.

Mingle with my darkness

May we mix to create

Our own twilight sunset

The dusk breeze

Spreading clouds

On our murky horizon

~Darkpoet837~[/hide]

instead of using runes to summon the creature it should be like ur magic level drains down.. like your prayer level when you use it... not having a bunch of runes and keep summoning stuff.. that would be stupid..

If it did come out i agree with him thats a great idea then people wouldn't summon like crazy.

Also make it that the summoned monster doesn't drop anything. Also that u need remains on the creature to summon it.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

instead of using runes to summon the creature it should be like ur magic level drains down.. like your prayer level when you use it... not having a bunch of runes and keep summoning stuff.. that would be stupid..

If it did come out i agree with him thats a great idea then people wouldn't summon like crazy.

Also make it that the summoned monster doesn't drop anything. Also that u need remains on the creature to summon it.

My dear Sovereign Lord. Of course summoned monsters cannot drop anything. Seriously, people would just stand there summoning monsters with great drops every day...

Why do you resist? My experiments are only helping humanity push the boundaries of the Art of Toxicology... you should be proud to be one of my victims.

~Toxicologist~

I guess no one bothered to read my ideas on summoning.

Nobody has explained to me why summoning would have to be bad.

You cannot honestly say it will be bad without any knowledge of the potential skill.

Summoning has worked in other games before and if Jagex wants to make it work, they will.

Anyway, can someone read my ideas on summoning and respond to it?

The internet: A place where the men are men, the women are men, and 13 year old girls are FBI agents.
looks like WoW's interface.

Were you too lazy to read 3 posts above or too stupid to comprehend it?

Brothers and sisters, I have none, but that man's father is my father's son. Who is that man?