Opinions on Construction?

GrayBlizzard

I was just curious as to what all you other TIF users thought of the Construction skill. What are your likes and dislikes? If you could change one thing about it what would it be?

Personally, I think it's the greatest thing that's happened to Runescape since I started playing (post farming and slayer release). One of my ultimate goals in game is to have a great house.

I just love the thought of having a piece of RS I can call my own, and the only problem I had with it was the room cap, but that was recently fixed. I actually don't mind the huge cost issue, despite the fact that I'm poor.

Anywho, post away

grayblizzard.png

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well for the most part it is the best skill in the game, But one thing i dislike is that its so expensive, leave it to jagex to put reality in the game :)

P2p: 135 F2p: 124 as of July 29, 09.

P2p: 137 F2p: 126 as of September 25, 11.

mythshadows.gif

It's great! It takes a lot of money out of the economy, which is what Jagex wanted.

But as for direct benefits to players, it offers many things. You can fit it with many different teleports to different places, which are free of charge after you set it up. Great for a tele-hub. Also, it provides a nice place to hang out with friends or just.. chill, away from the nuisances in the outside world.

demonslayer2.png

Retired Tip.It Mod || Admin and Founder of Caesar 3 Mod Squad! All are welcome!

Well for the most part it is the best skill in the game, But one thing i dislike is that its so expensive, leave it to jagex to put reality in the game :)

in the end I'd say it's worth the money, don'tcha think?

It's great! It takes a lot of money out of the economy, which is what Jagex wanted.

But as for direct benefits to players, it offers many things. You can fit it with many different teleports to different places, which are free of charge after you set it up. Great for a tele-hub. Also, it provides a nice place to hang out with friends or just.. chill, away from the nuisances in the outside world.

My sentiments exactly. And that's not even mentioning the altar, tablet making, or kick-butt dungeons.

grayblizzard.png

It is worth every single gp I've spend in on my house. Best skill that gives you sense of accomplishment that you can share with your friends, because nicely decorated house at lvl 99 will cost you phat or two.

1500+ total 89 cmb; 1600+ total and under 93 cmb.

02/04/07 reached all skills 60+ under lvl 90 cmb.

07/19/07 reached all skills 70+ at lvl 93 cmb.

Prayer is good for herbs

It's my favorite skill in the game. :) That's why I am going for 99 in it. Hopefully, it will be my first 99. <3: The skill is expensive, but that is what I like about it. While I gain money and levels, I relise that I have something in the game that not many people have. The higher the go, the better.

Tripsis told me this view, but I feel the same, so I will re-word it in my own words...

Construction is the one skill that Jagex or autoers can't ruin. Construction is such a fun skill that autoers can't touch. The only way autoers can ruin the skill is lower the price of planks, which no matter how much the autoers impact the market, Construction will still be expensive. I feel pride when I look at my house. It is continually growing, so I feel great and honor to have such a nice house. When I hit 99, I will have the rarest cape in the game. What is not to like about it? :lol:

devotedconstructionkt0.jpg

It's my favorite skill in the game. :) That's why I am going for 99 in it. Hopefully, it will be my first 99. <3: The skill is expensive, but that is what I like about it. While I gain money and levels, I relise that I have something in the game that not many people have. The higher the go, the better.

Tripsis told me this view, but I feel the same, so I will re-word it in my own words...

Construction is the one skill that Jagex or autoers can't ruin. Construction is such a fun skill that autoers can't touch. The only way autoers can ruin the skill is lower the price of planks, which no matter how much the autoers impact the market, Construction will still be expensive. I feel pride when I look at my house. It is continually growing, so I feel great and honor to have such a nice house. When I hit 99, I will have the rarest cape in the game. What is not to like about it? :lol:

I'm gonna have to double +1 that \'

I can't wait until I figure out how to get the money for at least 93 construction (to make my house complete)

*goes to check out your blog*

grayblizzard.png

How much do you think it cost to get everything in the house and 99 construction?

Ummm, with my current plan, I think It's gonna cost me a total of about 60m for the lvl. And as for the furniture, I wouldn't have a clue (I'm hoping ignorance isn't bliss in this case)

grayblizzard.png

How much do you think it cost to get everything in the house and 99 construction?

Ummm, with my current plan, I think It's gonna cost me a total of about 60m for the lvl. And as for the furniture, I wouldn't have a clue (I'm hoping ignorance isn't bliss in this case)

I am estimating around 120M in cold hard cash from my level. #-o

I like having the best of the best though. Oak planks alone from my level will be about 85-100M depending on if I get them 400 ea or not. Then, for the best of the best of my house, I am guessing atleast 20M. One steel dragon is 10M. I also have to decide if I want a crystal throne or a demonic throne. If it is a demonic throne, that's another 24M down the hole. :anxious: :oops:

devotedconstructionkt0.jpg

[hide=Long Quote]

I like having the best of the best though. Oak planks alone from my level will be about 85-100M depending on if I get them 400 ea or not. Then, for the best of the best of my house, I am guessing at least 20M. One steel dragon is 10M. I also have to decide if I want a crystal throne or a demonic throne. If it is a demonic throne, that's another 24M down the hole. :anxious: :oops:

[/hide]

Well, the only reason mine is only gonna cost about 60m for the lvl is because I'm buying the logs and planking myself (I just can't imagine making 100m).

grayblizzard.png

It's a good skill, a bit boring to train, but a good skill noneoftheless. Only major problem is the cost for me, since I'm not a wealthy man. If I ever have a few mills to spend, I'll level Construction. :)

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

[hide=Uber Quote ftw]

I like having the best of the best though. Oak planks alone from my level will be about 85-100M depending on if I get them 400 ea or not. Then, for the best of the best of my house, I am guessing at least 20M. One steel dragon is 10M. I also have to decide if I want a crystal throne or a demonic throne. If it is a demonic throne, that's another 24M down the hole. :anxious: :oops:

Well, the only reason mine is only gonna cost about 60m for the lvl is because I'm buying the logs and planking myself (I just can't imagine making 100m).

I can't imagine planking 200k planks. I like to raise skills. It just seems faster and more rewarding to make the money through runecrafting. :) I will be 83 runecrafting by the end of getting 99. I will be around 85-87 by the time my house is to the point that it is perfect for me. Then, I will go for another hard 99, Farming or Herblore. That will bring me wayy up in runecrafting. In the end, I will have 99 runecrafting. :) It will just take a long, long time. :anxious: :oops:

[/hide]

Well... I'm gonna stick with the planking plan, but I think RC the way to the money would be a good plan, only problem is I'm afraid of the abyss, sooo...

grayblizzard.png

con is good but a money pit...I was hoping to max out my house at 90 con with a demonic throne installed through stew and saw.

Now I need to get 92 just t install my steel dragon and 99 if I want t get my full house vision seen through...Lame.

I too have the best of evey thing installed.

I lead a skilling community so I have my house built to that end, otherwise I would have had just made a bunch of silly gardens and a dungeon.

Oh well its all good in the hood. Raise the roof.

slayerhouse1.png

Will have all but the dungeon altars at 92 con...will install them if I ever get 99 but they aren't necessary in the slightest.

sigtsg99rscaz7.png

The Slayers Guild a Slayer Clan led by Axe Man Jack

Proud to have written the most plagiarized Slayer guide on the planet.

I love it

Construction is a very unique skill with very unique 'rewards'. It is very well designed and currently the only money drain skill in Runescape. JageX have really done a good job on the construction skill.

Construction is the one skill that Jagex or autoers can't ruin. Construction is such a fun skill that autoers can't touch. The only way autoers can ruin the skill is lower the price of planks, which no matter how much the autoers impact the market, Construction will still be expensive. I feel pride when I look at my house. It is continually growing, so I feel great and honor to have such a nice house. When I hit 99, I will have the rarest cape in the game. What is not to like about it?

Exactly, exactly :)

fredzsodbtt6.jpg

21 lag piles, 4 Pjs, 2 Party hat kills, 67 newbs teached.

I love it

Construction is a very unique skill with very unique 'rewards'. It is very well designed and currently the only money drain skill in Runescape. JageX have really done a good job on the construction skill.

Construction is the one skill that Jagex or autoers can't ruin. Construction is such a fun skill that autoers can't touch. The only way autoers can ruin the skill is lower the price of planks, which no matter how much the autoers impact the market, Construction will still be expensive. I feel pride when I look at my house. It is continually growing, so I feel great and honor to have such a nice house. When I hit 99, I will have the rarest cape in the game. What is not to like about it?

Exactly, exactly :)

+1 nothing more heartwarming in RS than building your very own house :D

Construction is a catch. Jagex uses it to drain money off the economy for sneaky reasons I'm sure. Apart from that, I like the teletabs, portals, altar, and the rest is useless.

2480+ total