Player Update graphics on there way?

RabidChipmunk

If you read the BTS article today, you saw that Jagex is releasing new player under-armour (that's what I call it, you can call it "default clothes,"). As we all know, updating players must be a mountainous task, being as there are so many.

So could this improved under-armour graphics be the start of the long-awaited Player Graphics update?

I personally think so, mainly because Jagex never announced anymore coming graphic updates besides the player's under-armour. :pray:

It might be, but it's a big step to go from changing the way the clothes looks like to change how the actual persons in the game looks like. But still it's plausible.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

Yes, but with the demand from some ppl forchanging the way ppl look and better graphics and all, it may not be that big of a change. I find it partyly possible.

kevinsaurus.png

Goals: 86 Mining, 20M gp, Total Level 1000

PK's: 0 / 100 (LOL)

I don't think they will update player graphics or the actual models. Imagine Jagex redesigning all the armour/clothes in the game to fit the new player models. o_O

I would like to see more smoother animations for everything though, like realistic walking/running, eating, fighting moves, etc.

No longer playing Runescape, I caught the WoW bug.

I don't think they will update player graphics or the actual models. Imagine Jagex redesigning all the armour/clothes in the game to fit the new player models. o_O

I would like to see more smoother animations for everything though, like realistic walking/running, eating, fighting moves, etc.

me too and it is possible.looking at the varrock update all teh npcs are so smooth with no jagged edges like before.even if its just blending the torso into the legs unlik the blocks the bodys made of at the moment it would make characters look a lot better and a loow better detailings on armour

tifsdac6mc.gif

I assume we will be able to choose those more detailed faces, like Romeo, and the guy you start An Enlightened Journey with. Notice how different their faces are than the player's.

Officially retired on 12/10/07, no drop parties because that might be "covertly trading wealth". What does one person's happiness(until they quit) mean compared to the hours I wasted while runecrafting, anyways?

me too and it is possible.looking at the varrock update all teh npcs are so smooth with no jagged edges like before.even if its just blending the torso into the legs unlik the blocks the bodys made of at the moment it would make characters look a lot better and a loow better detailings on armour

Mm.

remember what happened to the price of the d chain when it was altered?

and various other barrow armour.

if they were to change -every- piece of clothing/armour..

then it would cause a massive disruption in the price market.

I think.. :|

My dA account.

paranoiaao8.jpg

.retired, as of the 1st January 2008.

You do realize that to do that requires they change the model. It won't be huge changes, but they'll have to. I really hope they do. It won't ruin the "economy" if everything looks different, and all. Also, things should look better, when we have more smooth graphics ^^

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

yeah i'm especially happy about the new hair. my hair has been the same for months because i don't like any other hair. but if they do update the actually player model, it'll probably be one of the biggest updates ever. i mean they have to completely change the wall all wearable items look on players, and thats no small task.

soldersig.jpg

Well, they had posted they had updated their graphic maker or w/e its called from like 30squares to 256 or something..?

I hope that many more squares gives us better looks if we are ever to have smoother looking characters...

We need eyes, a mouth and fingers! Our hands look like nothing more than pixel lumps.

POG3.jpg

Pretty much what Dragon said.

Thread terminated.

I guess that means I'm the thread Terminator?

No Tip.Iters were harmed in the making of this post.

This might seem odd but, yesterday i saw uloveme in world 2 in the fishing colony.

She had this odd clothing id never seen before.

At the end of the arms there were white and puffy if you will.

When i asked her where she had gotten it all i got back was: "........."

Could this be the same thing announced in the behind the scenes? :-k

This might seem odd but, yesterday i saw uloveme in world 2 in the fishing colony.

Hmm...Did you have a picture? I'd hate to think that the top players would get such preferential treatment-although, if it is new, they would probably be the first people JAGeX would go to to get feedback on it... :-k

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

Could it have been Full Black female elegant? Or was she wearing male elegant, perhaps?