Pressured to Player Kill-How to Defeat it

Twist of Fate

*Note: I realise that many people know how to deal with pressuring into fighting but alot of people don't. Just today I saw 2 people killed because they were tricked into fighting by pkers just because they don't know how to end pressure.

Okay so there you are wandering along Edgeville or Falador or maybe Edgeville dungeon or north Varrock when someone approaches you.

Player one: A person whose a lower level than you but may be stronger

You: An innocent player

Player1: Hey wanna fight?

You: No thanks

Player1: Please? I won't use food or prayer

You: Nah

Player1: Lol ur scared

You: No I'm not

Player1: Then fight me

You: No

Player1: noob!

You: I'm not a noob!

Player1: noob noob noob!

You: Oh yeah? I'll fight you! You're a lower level

Player1: Yeah so you should kill me easy

*Note that a player will not challenge you if they know they'll lose

*The two players go deep enough into the wild*

Now this can end in several ways.

1.The player may have a very high attack stregth hitpoints or defence magic or ranged level despite their combat level and they will kill you quickly

2. They have a team waiting to kill you

3. The player uses unfair methods despite what they tell you such as freezing you, teleblocking you, or even potting up

*player one kills you and you've lost all your best weapons because you could have said no and handled the situation maturley*

This has happened to a great percentage of runescape players and if this has happened to you or if it ever does, heres how to stop it maturley.

Player1: Scared of a lower level?

You: No, I just prefer not to fight

Player1: So you are scared?

You: Sure, yea, whatever gets you off my back

This has worked for me and my friends dozens of times and it will work for you. Another simple method would be to just ignonre them. The only logic pkers like that think is "Man he's a noob!" so all they want back is for you to call them a noob and that get it all heated up again. It's hardly any different than a bully in real life. They just want you to get angry and challenge them so by acting mature they may even respect your decision. By the off chance that it doesn't work, just ignore them. They can't force you into fighting physicly but they most definitley can emotionally. Just keep your cool and don't get angry because they just want a negative response from you so don't give it to them, mentally walk away and continue with what you were doing. Stay safe!

-Taker25700

Your exactly right.

However you have to factor in the fact that no matter how bad someone really doesnt want to fight someone, the bottom line is if they do, they will, and if they really dont then they wont.

Becuase it sure does take alot of willpower to put on pking armor, get pots food whatever and walk out there with the person etc etc etc all to do something you never wanted to do in the first place.

Also you coulda maybe summed up that read into the following shorter post :wink:

[hide= Portraying the Same Point, with less words]

Player1: Scared of a lower level?

You: No, I just prefer not to fight

Player1: So you are scared?

You: Sure, yea, whatever gets you off my back

This has worked for me and my friends dozens of times and it will work for you. The only logic pkers like that think is "Man he's a noob!" so all they want back is for you to call them a noob and that get it all heated up again. It's hardly any different than a bully in real life. They just want you to get angry and challenge them so by acting mature they may even respect your decision. By the off chance that it doesn't work, just ignore them. They can't force you into fighting physicly but they most definitley can emotionally. Just keep your cool and don't get angry because they just want a negative response from you so don't give it to them, mentally walk away and continue with what you were doing. Stay safe!

-Taker25700

[/hide]

CLICK - 770th to 99 SLAYER 2/4/08 - 204th to 99 Summoning 7/1/08 CLICK

tifovsigev3.jpg

Druminator17.png

[Hide=List of Drops That I haven't updated in Years but want to keep in my Sig anyways...]VISAGE DROP - 12/06/07

3 Duo Sara Hilts, 3 Duo Arma Hilts, 2 Trio Arma Hilts.

Dark Bows: (11) Dragon Boots: (50!)

Whip Drops: (42!!!) Dragon Drops: (90+!!!!!) 2 D CHAINS!, 3 D Axe, 8 D meds, 7 left halfs, 7 D legs, 6 skirts, 8 Spears[/hide]

What a great waste of reading time.

If you don't want to pk and have that as one of your standards for playing the game you just simply ignore such people and don'tpk. Simple as.

Its hardly like its extremely tempting to go pk because someone goads you about it unless you have the mental capacity of a 6 yrold.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Scourgedit: ^I'm talking about a different pk method. They're technicly luring the player into the wild which is against the rules.

What are some examples of item scams?

Some examples of item scams are:

-Offering an item and then removing the item within the first or second trade screen.

-Offering an item and changing the agreed price within the first or second trade screen.

-Misleading players by providing false or inaccurate information, for your own personal gain.

-Luring players into the Wilderness under false pretences.

Yeah probably, but you gotta look professional you know?

<.<

>.>

The more information the better IMO. People can just mentally filter out what they want and don't want to absorb

The more information the better IMO. People can just mentally filter out what they want and don't want to absorb

then why do you choose to absorb the words of random pks in runescape?

Just ignore them. You don't have an obligation to anyone to respond.

Even though they don't kill you, you're still giving them a lot of satisfaction by recognizing their supposed power. (Yeah I'm cool, I just scared off a higher level and he acknowledged it...'pwned')

Pretend you don't have chat on and keep walking, laugh at how far they follow you out of the wilderness.

100 Combat

91 Strength

70 Defense

82 Attack

85 Magic =)

^Thats why theres luring, most of the time you aren't even in the wilderness to begin with. most people don't even challenge in the wilderness.

I love the look on their faces when you do this...

If only it worked with people you know irl :P

Edit: 1,000 post count on tif ;)

Doomy edit: I like sheep

^Thats why theres luring, most of the time you aren't even in the wilderness to begin with. most people don't even challenge in the wilderness.

If people are still being lured after the introduction of the wilderness ditch, then no guide is going to help them.

Thats what the guide is for. Not many people read the warning despite it being there. Although I do know it stopped many people but not all of them

For people who say this is a waste of time, it isn't. This isn't a thread about "OMG Don't PK it's evil, people just want your stuff LOL!" It is about keeping your ego under control and not get yourself into pointless fights. Keeping your ego under control and stopping yourself from making rash and foolish decisions is a useful skill to learn, even in a game.

Of course, if you already have high EQ, this would be a waste of time. Then again, if you already know how to solo the King Black Dragon, then a KBD soloing guide that is a waste of time too, but I don't see people complaining about those guides.

Why do you resist? My experiments are only helping humanity push the boundaries of the Art of Toxicology... you should be proud to be one of my victims.

~Toxicologist~

This issue is important if only because if you can be pressured or taunted into doing something stupid in the game, you can usually be pressured or taunted into doing something stupid in the real world.

The solution in both cases is to know yourself and be willing to stand up for what you believe and want to do, rather than defining yourself based on what others say or do. Be strong, and avoid those who try to lead you in the wrong direction.

~q

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

Hmm interesting..

Yeah thats relaly a good way to get someone off your back

Hey Nicrune007 , Whats Your Username?

twss.jpg

99 Ranged on 2/6/07 99 Hit Points on 9/5/08 99 Defense on 26/4/08 99 Attack on 14/2/09 99 Strength on 25/2/09 99 Slayer on 13/9/09\:D/

or even potting up

God forbid that!

If players respond to those 'noob' insults it only proves they are little kids themselves. I stopped caring about people who said 'are you too scared to do X?' when I was 12.

This has happened to a great percentage of runescape players and if this has happened to you or if it ever does, heres how to stop it maturley.

Wow you are so mature! I wish I was as mature as you, so I could post stupid topics about common sence and idiots as 'maturly' as you do!

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

Effective in duel arena with those 8 year old taking everything too seriously.

But really... if somone says fight them, just go to duel arena and fun them, no need to to go in wildy bring all your bankworth then lose it or somthing...

randomkcopyq.png

3. The player uses unfair methods despite what they tell you such as freezing you, teleblocking you, or even potting up

How is that "Unfair"? Oh, right it stops you from an easy kill with minimal effort. I mean, come on. You think that code of conduct crap will ever stop ANYONE from using those tactics?

Ontopic: I really don't see that many people fall for it. I just ignore them for the most part.

sigay1.png

How is that "Unfair"? Oh, right it stops you from an easy kill with minimal effort. I mean, come on. You think that code of conduct crap will ever stop ANYONE from using those tactics?

Ontopic: I really don't see that many people fall for it. I just ignore them for the most part.

Yeah I hate these stupid rules I pray, pot up and use so called "unfair" tactics all the time! somebody start a rant topic about this!

range- 69/70 ~ currently poor but with good stuff

strength- 64/70 ~go461-combat 71~

I didn't mean it was unfair though. I meant it was not what the pker said to you saying he wouldn't do that. I wouldn't mind that in a normal fight

Being a member you could just tell them to use the duel arena and set the rules there.