New Skill: Speculation?

SoulAttacker

I looked around the forums and noticed about this subject. As a retired RS player, it has come to my attention that a new skill might be ready for release soon enough, and the clues are right under our eyes. As Jagex stated, paraphrased, "There is always a new skill in development."

When this new skill is going to be released, I don't know. Perhaps next week?

We did have a week gap this week.. hmm..

What I DO know is that this new skill will be called: "Brutal"

If you've read up to this point, you're probably dying for evidence for these outrageous claims. Well, take a look in the knowledge base. A seemingly innocent picture in the Barbarian Training article of a Mithril Dragon and a

player holding a Dragonfire shield and a Rune hasta, guarding himself. Why don't we take a closer look? Okay, let's see where the image on this page is linked from.

Behold:

brutal_intro.gif

http://www.runescape.com/img/kbase/skills/brutal/brutal_intro.gif

If the word "brutal" after skills wasn't enough proof, this link shares a shocking similarity with other skills that have already been released. If you go to a skill's article, if it has a picture first thing, in the center, it will also share this pattern of "/kbase/skills/SKILL.NAME/SKILL.NAME_intro.gif

For example, Construction, only with a minor difference (which has been underlined):

http://www.runescape.com/img/kbase/skills/construction/screenshots/construction_intro.jpg

Is the evidence shocking yet?

Not enough, well, I don't exactly have much more evidence to offer, however, if you go into the Smithing article in the Knowledge Base, and click on Barbarian smithing, nearly EVERY image in that article is linked from Brutal. This leads me to believe that Hastas and/or Spears will be used in Brutal.

hasta_fighting.gif

http://www.runescape.com/img/kbase/skills/brutal/smithing/hasta_fighting.gif

rune_hasta.gif

http://www.runescape.com/img/kbase/skills/brutal/smithing/rune_hasta.gif

Behold, Brutal.

edit: I would like to make note that I am not the person who had found the Brutal Intro picture and looked at where it was linked from. It was brought to my attention from one of my friends. Credit belongs where it is due. However, I am the one who took the time to research the parallels between the brutal_intro image and other skill's images who share the same similarity. In addition to this, I was the one who found the Barbarian Smithing article contained images linked back to Brutal.

11th to 99 Summoning

85th to 99 Runecrafting

soulattacker.png

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You've clearly paid a lot of attention to the source of the images =D>

As much I want to believe it, I just can't see a skill being called Brutal :-k lol.

But you never know...

wildxyak.png

99: Agility 28/12/14|Thieving 20/03/15

So uh... what would this "brutal" skill do? Let you beat kittens to death?

Recksash.png

Politics,n. Strife of interests masquerading as a conflict of principles. -Ambrose Bierce

Barrow drops:

Verac's Helm

Umm...

What would this skill do?

Also the "minor" difference is actually a "major" difference, because every other picture relating to skills has the word screenshot in it. Why wouldn't that one, if it was a skill? My answer : Because it's not a skill.

Well researched though.

You've clearly paid a lot of attention to the source of the images =D>

As much I want to believe it, I just can't see a skill being called Brutal :-k lol.

But you never know...

Ditto, it's like calling Construction Hammering... It just doesn't sound right. Also, if it's really a new skill it's obviously combat related, which I don't think another is needed.

Another thing, just because they say 'A new skill is always in the works' doesn't mean it's anywhere close to being released. For all we know, a new one could be a year away.

Umm...

Also the "minor" difference is actually a "major" difference, because every other picture relating to skills has the word screenshot in it. Why wouldn't that one, if it was a skill? My answer : Because it's not a skill.

Well researched though.

Not necessarily true. This picture, while not following the pattern of kbase/skill/SKILL.NAME/SKILL.NAME_intro does not have the subdirectory of screenshot in it, and I am putting this forth only for the sake of example.

http://www.runescape.com/img/kbase/skills/rune_crafting/air_altar.jpg

11th to 99 Summoning

85th to 99 Runecrafting

soulattacker.png

Umm...

Well researched though.

Not necessarily true. This picture, while not following the pattern of kbase/skill/SKILL.NAME/SKILL.NAME_intro does not have the subdirectory of screenshot in it, and I am putting this forth only for the sake of example.

http://www.runescape.com/img/kbase/skills/rune_crafting/air_altar.jpg

Ok but that doesn't prove anything because your picture of Brutal still doesn't follow the normal pattern.

No, there obviously wont be a new skill. When a new skill is gonna come out Jagex will mention it in behind the scenes.

No, I believe jagex said that they would never mention that a new skill was coming out after hunter, as lots of people were dissapointed.

Goldenjkered.png

Whips: 3 Dragon Boots: 15

My 99's: Attack & Cooking

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Goldenjkered

No, there obviously wont be a new skill. When a new skill is gonna come out Jagex will mention it in behind the scenes.

No, I believe jagex said that they would never mention that a new skill was coming out after hunter, as lots of people were dissapointed.

Also, Construction was not announced by anything more than "the ability to build chairs" and other very subtle clues in the BTS of that month.

11th to 99 Summoning

85th to 99 Runecrafting

soulattacker.png

Also, Construction was not announced by anything more than "the ability to build chairs" and other very subtle clues in the BTS of that month.

Was it planned? Yes.

Was it posted on the site? Yes.

Go look through the kb.

And before you type anything, yes. Although it was announced a few years back, it was announced.

Player owned houses - Each player will be able to have their own unique house. Use the new carpentry skill to make new/rare things for your house.
March 31st, 2002.

or maybe its called brutal because the pic shows fighting in the Brutal Green Dragon's Cave

:roll:

Lol! I've never been to that area so I never thought of that. #-o

This is more likely the case then jumping the gun and saying 'NEW SKILL, lookie what I found!'

or maybe its called brutal because the pic shows fighting in the Brutal Green Dragon's Cave

He's obviously fighting a MITHRIL dragon and what do Brutal green dragons have to do with barbarian fishing? Read the whole post

Guitar_by_Lemeja123.jpg

He's obviously fighting a MITHRIL dragon and what do Brutal green dragons have to do with barbarian fishing? Read the whole post

Hes also obviously in the cave where Brutal Green Dragons are,which is also where mithril dragons are located.And they hav to do with barbarian fishing because without doing the mini-game,then you cannot enter the brutal green dragons cave.thanks.

x_movement_x.png

yeah,they are the highlight,it was one of the newest monsters in the game besides the mith drag's,which are also the highlight.the whole dungeon introduced new characters,and only places mith's or brutal dragons can be found is there.im just saying it would be more interesting case and point if the pic wasn't showing the ONLY PLACE that brutal green dragons are found.

x_movement_x.png

OMG THEY SAID BRUTAL IN THE LINK IT MUST BE NEW SKILL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Srsly, just because they say a word in the link doesn't mean it's a new skill, like, they could have meant, mith dragons hit brutally. Plus brutal doesn't sound like much of a skill name.

C1Geq.png

OMG THEY SAID BRUTAL IN THE LINK IT MUST BE NEW SKILL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Srsly, just because they say a word in the link doesn't mean it's a new skill, like, they could have meant, mith dragons hit brutally. Plus brutal doesn't sound like much of a skill name.

good,someone that has some reasoning skills..

x_movement_x.png