New Skill: Speculation?

SoulAttacker

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe they will release an entire new skill menu with all skills starting at 0 so you have regular skills to train and "brutal" skills to train lol

if there was a brutal skill, it would be like barehanded mining, punching rocks to break + collect ore

or breaking branches off trees with bare hands

hunter: catching an animal and stunning it by hitting it

etc etc

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

I would actually be willing to bet that there was once an idea in the Jagex planning room to make a skill called "Brutal", which would be Hardk0r survivalist-style stuff, like fishing with your bare hands, smithing spears, lighting fires with bows, eating raw metal ore and spitting out nails, etc. Doing each of these tasks would get you experience and levels in being "well hard," and the further along you got, the crazier stuff you'd be able to do.

Then they looked at it and said, "oh heck, there's not nearly enough for a whole skill here, plus it's kind of lame and not a moneymaker so everyone will complain about it," and turned it into Barbarian Training instead.

So the graphics aren't there to foretell the coming of a new skill, but rather they were created for a skill that never was.

D

2009 Member Goals: Undetermined

Ugh none of your pictures are working and im not gonna search your non-link sites. also what a stupid topic

Hyt Chat FOREVER

Killy_Da_Kid.png

Killy_Da_Kid.png

I have quit RuneScape. I have posted on the Leaving sticky saying so. Goodbye.

"Too late... my time has come... gotta leave you all behind and face the truth."

~ Freddie Mercury ~

One thing i could see from this is more "Brutal" weapons. Kind of how the granite maul needs str to use, brutal weapons would use brutal lvs. Say your brutality lv is 40. You could then use brutal rune weapons, like a brutal rune scimmy. At lv 60, you could use dragon brutal weapons. Brutal weapons could be a mix of adding gems to curent weapons in the form of a hilt, and enchanting them for set effects. That brings crafting in. The enchanted versions would be untradable, like the enchanged bolt tips were. Does that sound good to you guys? :-k

TheDarkestLight2.jpg

[hide]

Come, be my light.

Mingle with my darkness

May we mix to create

Our own twilight sunset

The dusk breeze

Spreading clouds

On our murky horizon

~Darkpoet837~[/hide]

ahem.

Read the start of barbarian trianing guide:

Barbarian Training

Introduction

The barbarians in ancient times used a very different approach to developing their skills, a method that some today might call 'brutal'.

The barbarian skills are 'brutal'

Hence all the barbarian training images come under the "brutal" directory

Thread's over. Go home guys.

The barbarians in ancient times used a very different approach to developing their skills, a method that some today might call 'brutal'. More accurately, this approach was direct and simple, and useful for a warrior far from home. By using many skills in combination, a barbarian was always able to make do with the simplest of equipment... which came in especially handy when they went forth to battle the mightiest creatures they could find.

sorry buddy...

but I did find these:

http://www.runescape.com/kbase/viewarticle.ws?article_id=197

smithing.gif

prayer.gif

the prayer one confuses me.

and to view the images, open them in a new window, click on the adress bar, and click "enter". That should do the trick.

I honestly don't see where "Brutal/Brutality" would fit in this game, considering this game is 13+ ( :^o ) and theres not a drop of blood or gore in this game whatsoever.

O.o

Mother mallum, a creature who manipulates the dead corpse of a lady to do her bidding.

Vampires holding hordes of humans hostage to leech their blood and keep themselves sustained, living in poverty.

An entire society of people struck by the plague, living under what is essentially a cruel dictatorship ran by the mourners.

Finding severed hands in sand pits.

A pickled human brain in a bag just sat on the desk in canifis.

To names few...it's not beyond jagex to do something brutal and gory. All the same, i don't think they'll do a Brutal skill, i think it's just what they named the barbarian skill enhancements so they could lump them all together, and since they're not skills in themselves but are very skill based they had their own sub-directory.

ahem.

Read the start of barbarian trianing guide:

Barbarian Training

Introduction

The barbarians in ancient times used a very different approach to developing their skills, a method that some today might call 'brutal'.

The barbarian skills are 'brutal'

Hence all the barbarian training images come under the "brutal" directory

Topic ends here.

tipitsigte0.png

Maybe they will release an entire new skill menu with all skills starting at 0 so you have regular skills to train and "brutal" skills to train lol

You mix the potion with anger!

You cut the tree furiously!

You punch your crops because they won't grow fast enough!

You cook the shark with your own rage!

Your magic skill becomes obsolete, because you think punching and kicking your opponent is better.

:thumbsup:

No longer playing Runescape, I caught the WoW bug.

Your magic skill becomes obsolete, because you think punching and kicking your opponent is better.

Sounds like an RPG version of one of those Chuck Norris T-shirts.

Goals to get my skills back up to a barely respectable level on the high scores:

mayjest.png

Currently going for Bone to Peaches spell. It's amazing how boring doing the same repetitive task is! Stupid MTA

i cant see the pictures -.-

i will edit when they work again :D

My private chat is always ON.

Winner of The Tip.It Teamcape Outfit Contest!

6 years. 1 dragon CS drop and some barrows, bad luck?

99melee.jpg

You grab the fish from the water, punch it, and cook it with your own breath

(You gained brutal, cooking, strength, and fishing exp)

You headbutt the rock, causing a party hat to pop out

(You gained brutal and mining exp)

Your beverage of molten lava accidentally tips and turns your runite ore into a bar

(You gained brutal and smithing exp)

You burn the lobster, then scare it into properly cooking itself again

(You gained brutal and cooking exp)

And of course, the 99 skillcape for brutal would have a cracked tooth, and examining it would say "License to destroy things sacred to others, by Chuck Norris"

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

You furiously dismantle the boxtrap.

All the chinchompas in your inventory combust.

Oh dear, you are dead.

You fail to pick the farmers pocket.

You're stunned.

You smack the farmer unconsious.

You shatter the bones on the guilded altar.

It sounds funny, but I doubt it will be a skill.

reaper6zr7.png

Interrested in joining the cabbagy madness? Click here to go to our forums, and say hi ^^

lol one of the biggest pvp updates of the year, and tip it is discussing granite

IDK it seems a new skill needs to come out soon....but brutal i am not sure about...sounds like slayer....you can kill drags brutally

This mean you hit harder....will it include more weapons

idk whats goin on... i guess we have to wait and find out

99 CRAFTING VIDEO...Please Watch

Visit my blog http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?p=5499879#5499879